Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Focus On Salah

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      Full Member
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array languagemaniac's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Turkey
      Posts
      28
      Threads
      11
      Reputation
      48
      Rep Power
      41
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      0

      why did primitive people worship moon and sun?


      although god sent lots of miracles, why most people insisted on shirk- associates to god. we can understand from the meanings of day this idolatry concept like Sunday, Monday ( the day attributed to Moon) and the other ones.

      could u give me some logical and rational explanations for these alleged ideas?

    2. #2
      Anathema
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array CosmicPathos's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      in the sea
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      3,919
      Threads
      74
      Reputation
      24550
      Rep Power
      56
      Likes (Given)
      314
      Likes (Received)
      780

      Re: why did primitive people worship moon and sun?


      Quote Originally Posted by languagemaniac View Post
      although god sent lots of miracles, why most people insisted on shirk- associates to god. we can understand from the meanings of day this idolatry concept like Sunday, Monday ( the day attributed to Moon) and the other ones.

      could u give me some logical and rational explanations for these alleged ideas?
      People do what their whims and desires tell them to. maybe they thought that the Sun and the Moon were supernatural beings with great power and deserved to be worshipped. subhanALLAH ... Allah revealed a religion telling us that there is no supernatural power in these things ... and then rationalists tell us that all religions are based on perceiving natural phenomenon as supernatural and worshipping them. Maybe other religions are but not Islam.

      I dont like the fact that you use "primitive" for ancient people. For people who will come 500 years down the road, you would be primitive to them. Should I call you primitive? You'd feel offended, wont you?
      why did primitive people worship moon and sun?

      Help me to escape from this existence
      I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
      I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
      In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed

    3. #3
      Full Member
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array languagemaniac's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Turkey
      Posts
      28
      Threads
      11
      Reputation
      48
      Rep Power
      41
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      0

      Re: why did primitive people worship moon and sun?


      Quote Originally Posted by Wa7abiScientist View Post
      People do what their whims and desires tell them to. maybe they thought that the Sun and the Moon were supernatural beings with great power and deserved to be worshipped. subhanALLAH ... Allah revealed a religion telling us that there is no supernatural power in these things ... and then rationalists tell us that all religions are based on perceiving natural phenomenon as supernatural and worshipping them. Maybe other religions are but not Islam.

      I dont like the fact that you use "primitive" for ancient people. For people who will come 500 years down the road, you would be primitive to them. Should I call you primitive? You'd feel offended, wont you?
      did you read my writing really? your answers are almost never related to my question. where is the satisfactory explnation here ?

    4. #4
      Spread this Avatar!
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array - Qatada -'s Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2005
      Location
      ...travelling to the hereafter..
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      11,309
      Threads
      791
      Reputation
      61856
      Rep Power
      108
      Likes (Given)
      18
      Likes (Received)
      486

      Re: why did primitive people worship moon and sun?


      Quote Originally Posted by languagemaniac View Post
      although god sent lots of miracles, why most people insisted on shirk- associates to god. we can understand from the meanings of day this idolatry concept like Sunday, Monday ( the day attributed to Moon) and the other ones.

      could u give me some logical and rational explanations for these alleged ideas?

      asalaam alaikum


      they worshipped the sun because it is the source of life.


      Allah tells us;

      And of His portents are the night and the day and the sun and the moon. Adore not the sun nor the moon; but adore to Allah Who created them, if it is in truth Him Whom ye worship.

      [Quran Surah Fusilat: 37]

      Remember that people don't do shirk with Allah except out of ignorance. So some people might have seen miracles of Allah, and they might have believed. But as time passed by, others never saw the same miracles, and never knew the religion properly. So they gradually started worshipping the sun and moon because they realised that these were the energy sources for life.

      However, Allah tells us to worship the One who made them. Since He is the true giver of life and death.
      why did primitive people worship moon and sun?



    5. #5
      Full Member
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array languagemaniac's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      Turkey
      Posts
      28
      Threads
      11
      Reputation
      48
      Rep Power
      41
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      0

      Re: why did primitive people worship moon and sun?


      Quote Originally Posted by - Qatada - View Post
      asalaam alaikum


      they worshipped the sun because it is the source of life.


      Allah tells us;

      And of His portents are the night and the day and the sun and the moon. Adore not the sun nor the moon; but adore to Allah Who created them, if it is in truth Him Whom ye worship.

      [Quran Surah Fusilat: 37]

      Remember that people don't do shirk with Allah except out of ignorance. So some people might have seen miracles of Allah, and they might have believed. But as time passed by, others never saw the same miracles, and never knew the religion properly. So they gradually started worshipping the sun and moon because they realised that these were the energy sources for life.

      However, Allah tells us to worship the One who made them. Since He is the true giver of life and death.
      bro I really never understood what you meant especially the part that is underlined. you say:So some people might have seen miracles of Allah, and they might have believed. But as time passed by, others never saw the same miracles, and never knew the religion properly. So they gradually started worshipping the sun and moon because they realised that these were the energy sources for life.

      in this condition, why did allah not send another religion to intimidate and warn them who became increasingly unaware of god and naturally went astray. does allah want to send them into hellfire? confused((

    6. #6
      Anathema
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array CosmicPathos's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      in the sea
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      3,919
      Threads
      74
      Reputation
      24550
      Rep Power
      56
      Likes (Given)
      314
      Likes (Received)
      780

      Re: why did primitive people worship moon and sun?


      Quote Originally Posted by languagemaniac View Post
      bro I really never understood what you meant especially the part that is underlined. you say:So some people might have seen miracles of Allah, and they might have believed. But as time passed by, others never saw the same miracles, and never knew the religion properly. So they gradually started worshipping the sun and moon because they realised that these were the energy sources for life.

      in this condition, why did allah not send another religion to intimidate and warn them who became increasingly unaware of god and naturally went astray. does allah want to send them into hellfire? confused((
      You dont have the capacity to make connections between what I wrote yet you have the audacity to ask Allah why He did not send more "signs" for intimidating?
      why did primitive people worship moon and sun?

      Help me to escape from this existence
      I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
      I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
      In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed

    7. #7
      Soldier Through It!
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array جوري's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2006
      Location
      من ارض الكنانة
      Gender
      Female
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      27,927
      Threads
      1301
      Reputation
      246238
      Rep Power
      210
      Likes (Given)
      5578
      Likes (Received)
      6254

      Re: why did primitive people worship moon and sun?


      people like palpable gods that they can see, it is the reason people still use amulets and blue eyes or hands rabbit tails or that don't avail them or bring them any luck of happiness.... once their mind grows, they decide they have outgrown those gods replace them or decide they are atheists, or if they are christian (hire theologians) to spin on why it is acceptable to worship lesser gods.. people want to fill their instinct to seek their value and place in life and they like it at a level their mind can better unwrap than one that is beyond logic, time reason or space..

      People commit shirk all the time even Muslims in this day and age with all our available knowledge and literature.. while not knowing, with games of chances or looking into the future (reading their horoscope) or invoking jinn or Ouija board or whatever else they want to fill that gap...

      my two cents..

      why did primitive people worship moon and sun?

      Text without context is pretext
      If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him


     

     

    Similar Threads

    1. Worship of Ease versus Worship of Difficulty
      By Flame of Hope in forum Manners and Purification of the Soul
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 05-22-2011, 07:09 AM
    2. Replies: 25
      Last Post: 04-24-2007, 08:45 PM
    3. Please People Understand about Worship
      By Farhan1 in forum Miscellaneous
      Replies: 5
      Last Post: 05-31-2006, 05:29 PM
    4. Palestinians Using Primitive Means to Survive
      By sonz in forum World Affairs
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 05-17-2006, 04:07 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •