Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophets ?

  1. #1
    IB Oldtimer Array truthseeker63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,239
    Threads
    299
    Reputation
    2066
    Rep Power
    24

    Question Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophets ?

    As Salaam Alaikum my question is since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophets ? I ask because how can you say you believe in Prophet Jesus and Prophet Moses and Prophet Noah and than reject the Last Prophet and the Final Messenger the Seal of all the Prophets ? Jews claim to accept Moses but they reject Jesus and Christians claim to accept Jesus and reject Muhamad therefor I believe if you reject any Prophet you reject them all and you just become an Atheist also if you reject the Prophets or any Prophet you also reject God because God sent the Prophets peace and blessings be upon them all does anyone agree ?

    Pharoah rejected Moses, The Jews rejected Jesus, Now The Christians, reject Muhammad?Mohamed.. The Illiterate Prophet, who Neither Read Or Write...

    - When Prophet Muhammad was in solitude in the cave on Mount Hira. He was startled by the Angel of Revelation, Gabriel, the same who had come to Mary, the mother of Jesus, who seized him in a close embrace. A single word of command burst upon him: ‘Iqra’ - ‘Read![1]’ He said: ‘I am not able to read!’ but the command was issued twice more, each with the same response from the Prophet. Finally, he was grasped with overwhelming force by the angel. Gabriel released him, and the first ‘recitation’ of the Quran was revealed to him:

    “Read in the name of your Lord who created -created man from a clot. Read: for your Lord is Most Bountiful, who teaches by the pen, teaches man that which he knew not.” (Quran 96:1-5)"

    New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    Then the book will be given to the one who is illiterate, saying, "Please read this." And he will say, "I cannot read."

    "Those who follow the apostle, the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures),- in the law and the Gospel;- for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good (and pure) and prohibits them from what is bad (and impure); He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honour him, help him, and follow the light which is sent down with him,- it is they who will prosper." (Quran 7:157)


    Mohamed "a prophet from the line of Ishmael" God Said To Moses About Him :

    The Lord said to me (Moses): "What they say is good. I will raise up for them a Prophet like you among their brothers; I will put My words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him. If anyone does not listen to My words that the Prophet speaks in My Name, I will Myself call him to account." (Deuteronomy 18:17–19)

    The phrase "a prophet like you among their brothers" clearly refers to a prophet from the line of Ishmael, the brother of Isaac, who is the forefather of Moses' people (the Children of Israel).

    The only prophet who came from this line after Moses and resembled him in many ways (e.g., bringing a new law, and waging war on his enemies), is Prophet Muhammad.

    Also, Deuteronomy 34:10 clearly states that no Prophet like Moses ever appeared among the Israelites: "[With respect to his virtues and awesome deeds,] a Prophet like Moses, whom the Lord knows face to face, no longer appeared among Israel."

    The Quran points to the same fact,

    [We have sent to you a Messenger as a witness over you, even as We sent to Pharaoh a Messenger] (Al-Muzzammil 73:15).

    The sentence: "I will put My words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him", in the above Biblical verse, means that the promised prophet will be unlettered and speak whatever is revealed to him.

    God states this in the Quran what means,

    { He does not speak out of [his own] desire. It is but a Revelation revealed } (An-Najm 53:3–4).

    Mohamed.. The Prophet Who Came From Mount Paran .. Mecca,

    "the Lord came from Sinai and dawned over them from Seir; He shone forth from Mount Paran" (Deuteronomy, 33:2), refers to the prophethood of Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad, respectively, upon them be peace.

    Prophet Moses spoke to God and received the Torah at Sinai; Prophet Jesus received Divine Revelation at Seir, a place in Palestine; and God manifested Himself to humanity for the last time through His Revelation to Prophet Muhammad at Paran, a mountain range near Mecca.

    The Torah mentions (Genesis 21:21) Paran as the desert area where Prophet Abraham, upon him be peace, left Hagar and their son Ishmael. The Zamzam well also is located there. As stated explicitly in the Quran (Ibrahim 14:35–37), Abraham left them in the valley of Makkah, at that time an uninhabited place within Paran's mountain ranges.

    --------------------------------------…

    "But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Paraklit will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment." (John 16:7-8)

    In these verses, Prophet Muhammad is referred to as Paraklit, a Greek word meaning "the Distinguisher between Truth and Falsehood." Christian interpreters have given this word different meanings, such as "Counselor" (Gideon's International), "Helper" (American Bible Society), or "Comforter" (The Company of the Holy Bible), and claimed that it refers to the Holy Spirit. But they have never been able to establish whether the Holy Spirit came and did what Jesus foretold it would do.

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0201809AAM6SHp




    Additional Details

    If, according to Christians, the Holy Spirit is Archangel Gabriel, he came many times to Prophet Muhammad to bring Divine Revelation. Further, Jesus mentioned and predicted the Paraklit with various names, but always with the same function, as seen in the following verses:

    "When the Paraklit comes — the Spirit of Truth — who comes from the Father, he will testify about me." (John 15:26)

    I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of Truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will bring glory to me by taking what is mine and making it known to you (John 16:12–14)

    These are only a few of the Bible's allusions to Prophet
    3 years ago
    Who Is the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) ?

    Muhammad (PBUH) was born in Makkah in the year 570. Since his father died before his birth and his mother died shortly thereafter, he was raised by his uncle who was from the respected tribe of Quraysh. He was raised illiterate, unable to read or write, and remained so till his death. His people, before his mission as a prophet, were ignorant of science and most of them were illiterate. As he grew up, he became known to be truthful, honest, trustworthy, generous, and sincere. He was so trustworthy that they called him the Trustworthy. Muhammad (PBUH) was very religious, and he had long detested the decadence and idolatry of his society.


    At the age of forty, Muhammad (PBUH) received his first revelation from God through the Angel Gabriel. The revelations continued for twenty-three years, and they are collectively known as the Quran.
    3 years ago
    As soon as he began to recite the Quran and to preach the truth which God had revealed to him, he and his small group of followers suffered persecution from unbelievers. The persecution grew so fierce that in the year 622 God gave them the command to emigrate. This emigration from Makkah to the city of Madinah, some 260 miles to the north, marks the beginning of the Muslim calendar.

    After several years, Muhammad (PBUH) and his followers were able to return to Makkah, where they forgave their enemies. Before Muhammad (PBUH) died, at the age of sixty-three, the greater part of the Arabian Peninsula had become Muslim, and within a century of his death, Islam had spread to Spain in the West and as far East as China. Among the reasons for the rapid and peaceful spread of Islam was the truth and clarity of its doctrine. Islam calls for faith in only one God, Who is the only one worthy of worship.
    3 years ago
    The Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was a perfect example of an honest, just, merciful, compassionate, truthful, and brave human being. Though he was a man, he was far removed from all evil characteristics and strove solely for the sake of God and His reward in the Hereafter. Moreover, in all his actions and dealings, he was ever mindful and fearful of God.
    Muhammad (peace be upon him


    Why don’t Christians accept Mohammed as a prophet and the Quran as the last testament ???

  2. #2
    Full Member Array Logikon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    79
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    125
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63 View Post
    Why don’t Christians accept Mohammed as a prophet....

    Well, only Muslims have this concept of "prophet".

    There have been many leading people in history but only Muslims call them prophets.


    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63
    ...and the Quran as the last testament ???

    Because Jesus came to save the world (according to Christians).

  3. #3
    IB Oldtimer Array truthseeker63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,239
    Threads
    299
    Reputation
    2066
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Jews and Christians don't have Prophets ?

  4. #4
    IB Oldtimer Array Darth Ultor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    1,027
    Threads
    136
    Reputation
    4226
    Rep Power
    31

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Yes we do but we do not believe them to be perfect and to never have sinned in their lives.



    Set made by Snow of Yester-Year on KF

  5. #5
    IB Oldtimer Array IAmZamzam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,453
    Threads
    50
    Reputation
    7386
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    The sinlessness of the prophets is a matter of orthodoxy and tradition, not universally accepted and scripturally explicit dogma. If anything the scripture is explicit that there are a few cases of them sinning (the most well known being Adam's). But I know how sensitive an issue this is so I fear a very, very long case of the thread being taken off topic. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, okay? What's important is that they were the most righteous people who ever lived.

    1 =/= 1,000s. Rejecting one prophet does not mean rejecting them all. In this case, however, it does indicate believing some inaccurate things about them. In the case of Christians this includes some very grave inaccuracies too.

    I'm getting awfully tired of seeing the old claim that the Deuteronomy prophecy has to refer to an Ishmaelite. We're only making ourselves look bad by parroting that. There has been more than one recent thread which has gone into very detailed analyses providing much, much, much better evidence along those lines.

    Christians do not consider "the Holy Spirit" to be Gabriel even though their own Bible contradicts them on this point (http://washmyheartwiththezamzam.tumblr.com/trinity). And the book of John was never revealed to Jesus personally (therefore it does not contain the al-Injil prophecy) but instead was written extremely late in the game (possibly as late as the mid-second century!) by some anonymous party who nonetheless falsely claimed to have been an apostle. It's fake--or at the very least unreliable, being completely non-synoptic and full of questionable details like the fact that Jesus doesn't even sound remotely like he does in the other Gospels, nor tell a single parable.
    Last edited by IAmZamzam; 05-01-2013 at 02:33 PM.


    Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)

  6. #6
    Full Member Array theplains's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    133
    Threads
    18
    Reputation
    162
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Quote Originally Posted by IAmZamzam View Post
    Christians do not consider "the Holy Spirit" to be Gabriel even though their own Bible contradicts them on this point (http://washmyheartwiththezamzam.tumblr.com/trinity).
    I checked that website. It said, "Well the phrase used there, “the Spirit of God”, is the very
    same moniker employed in the book of Revelation to refer to the seven angels
    .

    There is a reference in the book to seven spirits (1:4, 3:1, 4:5, 5:6) but there is nothing to
    indicate these are definitely angels. But 1:20 says, "The mystery of the seven stars which
    thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the
    angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven
    churches. In this case, the stars are symbolized as angels.

    Peace,
    Jim

  7. #7
    IB Oldtimer Array IAmZamzam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,453
    Threads
    50
    Reputation
    7386
    Rep Power
    35

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Let it never be said that I am unwilling to admit to a mistake. I had already thought of adding a new point to that article anyway, so I may as well go ahead and replace the Revelation reference with said point in lieu of it. I don't know how it is I overlooked 1:20.

    However, I have not overlooked the fact that you have snuck in a rebuttal to me despite being told in no unclear terms that you were on my ignore list--and in the process you quoted only one part of the overall argument. The negative reputation points you deserve for that are at least as whopping as what you've earned for helping me with that faux pas over Revelation, even as bad a perfectionist as I am. So as I have no earthly idea what to do in response here is a picture of Chewbacca riding a giant squirrel.
    Last edited by IAmZamzam; 05-01-2013 at 11:24 PM.


    Peace be to any prophets I may have mentioned above. Praised and exalted be my Maker, if I have mentioned Him. (Come to think of it praise Him anyway.)

  8. #8
    Full Member Array Born_Believer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Earth, The Milkyway
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    65
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    376
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    To answer the question of the thread starter, the Jews and Christians rejected out Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), along with a number of other Prophets, how ever they too accept the Prophethood of Moses, Noah, Abraham and so on. I hope that answers your question.

  9. #9
    IB Oldtimer Array greenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,085
    Threads
    31
    Reputation
    5598
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Logikon - I like your observation that only muslims have the concept of 'prophets'. Which I suppose loosely means those who were 'guided' by Allah to remind the people. There 25 are mentioned in the Quran (there were others) and few were also messeners.

    Truthseeker63, (all this is my strong opnion)

    Unfortunately for Islam, we only know the history from the time it started to be recorded and that was from the time of Rasulullah (pbuh). The rest, we depended on what he related and from the Quran itself. The Christians the same, from the tie of Jesus and with help from the Jews. And the Jews, from time immemorial. They recorded everything.

    There must be reason why the 3 Books, rather than being a continuous progression and development of human 'civil'-isation, it became 3. It is The Divine Story and Plan. We can only hazard a guess.

    Historically, when prophets preached on the One-ness of God, people rejected them. By the time of Moses however, that had changed. There was a group of people that did believe. The Jews believed in the idea of an All Mighty and they were waiting for their prophet to appear. A much different scenario to previous situations with other prophets (except for Yunus pbuh).

    But Moses (pbuh) also introduced a 'new' law regarding usury to the Commandments. Not expecting this, they set about to alter this law. Over generations they did. When finalised, Jesus was 'sent' to remind the Jews that however they try to manipulate the law, usury is still a no-no. They accept already the One-ness of God, they already accept what is halal and haram, but no usury was something they could not accept in its 'true' form. Hence they had to reject Jesus (pbuh). From this point on, the previous 'pious' persons of past, became the common accepted 'prophets' as we see the consistency of the story of what they preached, the One-ness of God.

    But for the followers of Jesus, in a nutshell, were supposed to be the Jews in the main, ended up being these people from the poor etc, created a 'new' religion, resulting in the name. That was not its purpose. It was for the followers of the Torah to mend their ways.

    With Christianity established, prophet Muhammad(pbuh) was sent for the world also because there were 2 other people of the Books, (not including the Psalms here). On usury for the Jews and the falseness of the Trinity for the Christians. Unfortunately, the Christians sought advice from the Jews hence also rejected prophet Muhammad (pbuh) hence the 'Old' and 'New' Testament together and the Quran is always on its own.

    My $0.20 worth.

    Peace

  10. #10
    hier stehe ich Array glo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    8,389
    Threads
    427
    Reputation
    61602
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Quote Originally Posted by Born_Believer View Post
    To answer the question of the thread starter, the Jews and Christians rejected out Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), along with a number of other Prophets, how ever they too accept the Prophethood of Moses, Noah, Abraham and so on. I hope that answers your question.
    I guess the problems arises because the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) taught things which go against what Christians believe about Jesus (pbuh). Hence Christians have to make a choice - either to believe the teachings of the New Testament or believe the teachings of the Qu'ran.

    Incidentally, Christians seem to see their prophets in a different light. The prophets of the Bible were people who earnestly sought God and desired to obey and follow him. But they were NOT perfect. In fact, many had some serious flaws.
    Noah was a drunkard.
    Abraham was a liar and let his wife sleep with other men to save his own skin.
    David was an adulterer and a murderer.
    etc, etc

    You see that it's not a pretty picture!

    So our concept of prophets is different to that of Muslims. (Please don't be offended at what I have written.)

    With regards to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh), I believe that he was a prophet of God and somebody who desired to serve God. I have no problem thinking of him as a prophet and a man of God. But that does not mean that I believe everything he understood and taught about God was correct. (Again, no offense intended. I am speaking from a Christian perspective here)

    Salaam


    Peace
    glo

    Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

    Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

    [Psalm 95]


  11. #11
    Moderator Array MustafaMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,969
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    40251
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post

    I guess the problems arises because the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) taught things which go against what Christians believe about Jesus (pbuh). Hence Christians have to make a choice - either to believe the teachings of the New Testament or believe the teachings of the Qu'ran.
    Yes, this is true to a point, except that I don't believe you can delineate Christian dogma strictly on what has been recorded as what Jesus (as) said and without using what Paul wrote. Christians accept the veracity of Paul's claim in Galatians of having received a revelation from God without conciously accepting him as a messenger of God. I believe that this very point is a most critical one, for without my unconditional acceptance of Muhammad (saaws) as the last messenger of God, I believe that my acceptance of Islam would have no foundation to stand upon.

    But they were NOT perfect. In fact, many had some serious flaws.
    Noah was a drunkard.
    Abraham was a liar and let his wife sleep with other men to save his own skin.
    David was an adulterer and a murderer.
    etc, etc
    I take exception to these claims and reject them all as false. I do not accept everything written in the Bible as 100% true and I reject all that is not consistent with my beliefs. These men are truly that - men - and they were not perfect in the way that angels are, but it does not behoove their station of being among the most honored to have committed those major sins.

    With regards to the prophet Muhammad (pbuh), I believe that he was a prophet of God and somebody who desired to serve God. I have no problem thinking of him as a prophet and a man of God. But that does not mean that I believe everything he understood and taught about God was correct.
    Of course, you could not accept all he taught about God and Jesus, for to do so you would no longer be a Christian. The critical issue is which beliefs are true and which are false because verily Jesus cannot be at the same time God Incarnate and not God Incarnate. In the end we make our decisions and we live with the consequences thereof. I can understand the enormity of changing one's belief and the difficulty to reject what they have believed and to subsequently consider it as false. This paradigm shift does not come from the outside, nor can anyone will for it to happen, but rather it comes from an 'aha' moment where the proverbial light bulb comes on to shed new light on a matter of belief.
    Last edited by MustafaMc; 05-11-2013 at 11:09 PM.

  12. #12
    ★ Islam is THE way ★ Array Insaanah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,637
    Threads
    145
    Reputation
    136343
    Rep Power
    101

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I guess the problems arises because the prophet Muhammad (pbuh) taught things which go against what Christians believe about Jesus (pbuh).
    Yes, it does go against what Christians believe about Jesus (peace be upon him), but not against what Jesus taught. As Muslims we believe that all the Prophets taught the same thing and brought the same message from the same God, the same Ultimate Truth that God revealed to all prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them).

    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    In fact, many had some serious flaws.
    As Muslims we do not accept that God sent people who committed major sins which they warned people against, drunkards, adulterers and murderers, as prophets and messengers, and we reject the Biblical allegations as totally false, as brother MustafaMc has mentioned. We believe that the prophets and messengers were the purest and noblest of humanity, chosen and sent by God, for their uprightness and noble characters, to convey His message to us. They were bearers of the most honourable and righteous conduct among their respective communities, and were role models for people, showing how to put into practice the guidance God sent them with.

    They taught that people should be under no misperception that they can commit themselves to God as their Lord, and then combine this with accepting others as their Lord, or associating others in His Divinity, in whatever way. They taught that we should strive hard to translate our belief in the One True God into practice, by obeying God and the messengers He sent, who were also role models and examples for us, showing us practically how to put the guidance they were sent with into practice in our daily lives, explaining the scriptures, warning against wrongdoing, and giving additional legislation from God.

    As to whether blaspheming/rejecting a prophet or messenger, is tantamount to blaspheming/rejecting the One who sent them, Allah knows best, and the Qur'an says this :

    Verily, those who disbelieve in Allah and His Messengers and wish to make distinction between Allah and His Messengers (by believing in Allah and disbelieving in His Messengers) saying, "We believe in some but reject others," and wish to adopt a way in between,
    Those are the disbelievers, truly. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a disgraceful punishment.
    But they who believe in Allah and His messengers and do not discriminate between any of them - to those He is going to give their rewards. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
    (4:150-152)

    He who obeys the Messenger has obeyed Allah; but those who turn away - We have not sent you over them as a guardian. (4:80)

    That Day, those who disbelieved and disobeyed the Messenger will wish they could be covered by the earth. And they will not conceal from Allah a [single] statement. (4:42)

    And they disobeyed the messenger of their Lord, therefor did He grip them with a tightening grip.
    (69:10)

    Allah chastises the Jews many times in the Qur'an for their blaspheming, rejecting and killing of prophets and messengers, even though they professed belief in Him.

    In the Qur'an, Allah praises (mentions the good qualities of) the Prophets time and time again, in beautiful and sometimes tender terms, sometimes as a group, and sometimes by name.

    And We gave to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - all [of them] We guided. And Noah, We guided before; and among his descendants, David and Solomon and Job and Joseph and Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the doers of good.
    And Zechariah and John and Jesus and Elias - and all were of the righteous.
    And Ishmael and Elisha and Jonah and Lot - and all [of them] We preferred over the worlds.
    And [some] among their fathers and their descendants and their brothers - and We chose them and We guided them to a straight path.
    That is the guidance of Allah by which He guides whomever He wills of His servants. But if they had associated others with Allah , then worthless for them would be whatever they were doing.
    Those are the ones to whom We gave the Scripture and authority and prophethood. But if the disbelievers deny it, then We have entrusted it to a people who are not therein disbelievers.
    Those are the ones whom Allah has guided, so from their guidance take an example. Say, "I ask of you for this message no payment. It is not but a reminder for the worlds."
    (6:84-90)

    So when he [Abraham] had left them and those they worshipped other than Allah , We gave him Isaac and Jacob, and each [of them] We made a prophet.
    And We gave them of Our mercy, and we made for them a reputation of high honor.
    (19:49-50)

    And remember Our servants, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - those of strength and [religious] vision.
    And they are with Us, verily, of the chosen and the best!
    (38:45,47)

    Be patient over what they say and remember Our servant, David, the possessor of strength; indeed, he was one who repeatedly turned back [to Allah]. (38:17)

    Peace be unto Noah among the peoples!
    Indeed, he was of Our believing servants.
    (37:79,81)

    Indeed, Allah chose Adam and Noah and the family of Abraham and the family of 'Imran over the worlds.
    (3:33)

    Those were the ones upon whom Allah bestowed favor from among the prophets of the descendants of Adam and of those We carried [in the ship] with Noah, and of the descendants of Abraham and Israel, and of those whom We guided and chose. When the verses of the Most Merciful were recited to them, they fell in prostration and weeping. (19:58)

    These are just a few examples.

    Imagine giving the Biblical stories of prophets and the Quranic stories of prophets to a child. A Muslim child takes inspiration, and learns to respect and honour them, and strives to be like them. People would hesitate to show children TV programs or books that contain scenes similar to the explicit verses in the Bible, and would make sure they didn't see them, as it would be deemed unsuitable and a bad influence. Which of these can truly be from God? The answer is evident. One has to open one's heart and eyes to it, and think about it.

    To blaspheme, reject, discriminate, or at the other extreme, to deify any prophet or messenger, takes one outside the fold of Islam. We believe in them as they were, nothing less and nothing more. All the Prophets and Messengers of Allah are accepted, believed in and honoured wholeheartedly as amongst the noblest and purest of humanity that ever walked the face of the earth, and chosen and sent by God to convey His message to us. We don't pick and choose which ones we believe in, nor which parts of their message we believe in.
    Last edited by Insaanah; 05-11-2013 at 11:11 PM. Reason: added first few ayaat


    (Click on the pink)

    ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞ ۞

  13. #13
    IB Senior Member Array Ahmad H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    525
    Threads
    13
    Reputation
    2292
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    I don't think the question in this thread should be the mere rejection of the Prophethood of Muhammad (saw), but why there is a rejection in the first place. The rejection is because Jews and Christians have not recognized the Holy Prophet (saw) as a Prophet of Allah. There are a lot of reasons why Jews and Christians would reject his Prophethood. But it is a matter of whether their knowledge is sufficient in that regard or not.

    There are so many ways to prove his prophethood. For Christians, if you take the miracles of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw), they will greatly outnumber the miracles recorded for Jesus (as) in the Bible and Qur'an together, and add on to that any other source of information. I have no doubt in my mind that the miracles of the Holy Prophet (saw) number no less than a couple thousand. Each Ayat of the Qur'an is a miracle in itself, and then you have life instances of miracles. Add on to that the great number of prophecies to his count. Add on to that the great wisdom of his teachings and their applicability which stands the test of time. Add on to that the testament he has given to all of the past prophets and the great respect he has given them and the high spiritual status which Allah has gave him. Add on to that the great achievements his people made after him due to his influence on them and his teachings.

    Nothing of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw) shows that he was a liar. Rejecting his Prophethood means calling him a liar. We Muslims know he was truthful. If a Christian or a Jew made a serious study of his life and considered everything that went on carefully with some diligence, then there would be no occasion for them to reject his (saw)'s superiority in his Prophethood and his high status with Allah. They would see that accepting him was no detriment to a Christian's acceptance of Jesus (as) and a Jew's acceptance of Moses (as). I have seen this proof in some of the youtube videos of Christian converts. I know for a fact that they saw from their study of Islam, the true teachings of Jesus (as).

    But I strongly emphasize that if it is in the department of miracles which Jews and Christians would find that they wanted to challenge the prophethood of Muhammad (saw), then they will see no competition in the amount of miracles he has done in comparison to the past Prophets. He has the Holy Qur'an, which displays countless miracles in every age of mankind. This will continue until the Day of Judgment. it has been 1400 years Hijra, and yet no challenge has demolished the truth of the Holy Qur'an. Only falsehood disintegrates with time. Truth always remains supreme.

    I invite every Christian and Jew on this forum to read the Holy Qur'an and see these miracles for themselves.

  14. #14
    Cuddly Creature Array Sir Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    I forgot where I live
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    85
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    I have known a few Christians who believe that if one rejects Jesus and the Bible they are atheists. They live under the assumption that everybody believes Jesus (a human being) is god and just denies it.
    I find this absurd thinking very illogical.
    If one does not accept another prophet then it is obviously because of bias and corrupt scriptures which the Christians have. The Bible is not a book known for its textual preservation after all

  15. #15
    hier stehe ich Array glo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    England
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    8,389
    Threads
    427
    Reputation
    61602
    Rep Power
    89

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Quote Originally Posted by Insaanah View Post
    As Muslims we do not accept that God sent people who committed major sins which they warned people against, drunkards, adulterers and murderers, as prophets and messengers, and we reject the Biblical allegations as totally false, as brother MustafaMc has mentioned.
    I am aware of this, as we have had several discussions about the prophets in Islam and Christianity before.
    Clearly our teachings differ at this point.

    My apologies to anybody I have offended with my comments. Peace be with you all.


    Peace
    glo

    Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

    Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

    [Psalm 95]


  16. #16
    Moderator Array MustafaMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Mississippi, USA
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,969
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    40251
    Rep Power
    75

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Could it be that Christians, by deifying him, also reject Jesus (as) as prophet and messenger somewhat along the lines of Matthew 13: 53-57 When Jesus had finished these parables, he moved on from there. Coming to his hometown, he began teaching the people in their synagogue, and they were amazed. “Where did this man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?” they asked. “Isn’t this the carpenter’s son? Isn’t his mother’s name Mary, and aren’t his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas? Aren’t all his sisters with us? Where then did this man get all these things?” And they took offense at him. But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town and in his own home.”

    These people rejected Jesus (as) because they saw him as a lowly "carpenter's son" (hmm, like Luke 3:23
    He was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph) and not a respectable rabbi or from among the priestly class. I have heard Christians say that it was not so important what Jesus said and did while walking on earth, but rather what is important is what they believe he did on the cross. In contrast, the disciples recognized full well the importance of Jesus' teachings and set as a criteria for Judas' replacement in Acts 1:21-22 Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us... Note that Paul could not have known what Jesus taught his disciples, but Christians fully accept what Paul claims to have received as a revelation from God. Consequently, they unwittingly accept Paul and reject Jesus as their prophet who taught them what to believe as the cornerstone for their religion. This point was hinted at by the Christian minister, William Newell, in the 1950's when he wrote "Paul's Gospel" and gave the title of 'great revelator' to Paul - equating him with Moses.
    THERE are two great revelators, or unfolders of Divine Truth in the Bible—Moses in the Old Testament and Paul in the New.
    Someone may say, "Is not Christ the Great Teacher?" In a sense this is true; but in a real sense Christ is the Person taught about, rather than teaching in the Gospels. The Law and the Prophets pointed forward to Christ; the Epistles point back to Him; and the Book of Revelation points to His Second Coming, and those things connected with it. The Four Gospels tell the story how He was revealed to men and rejected by them. Christ, Himself, therefore is the theme of the Bible. Moses in the Law reveals God’s holiness, and thus by means of the Law reveals human sin and the utter hopelessness and helplessness of man. Paul in his great Epistles reveals Christ as our Righteousness, Sanctification, Redemption, and All-in-All.

  17. #17
    IB Oldtimer Array truthseeker63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,239
    Threads
    299
    Reputation
    2066
    Rep Power
    24

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    I believe rejecting Prophet Muhammad is also rejecting Prophet Moses and Jesus because God sent them all and Muhammad is the Last Prophet and Prophet Jesus foretold the coming of Prophet Muhammad.

  18. #18
    Cuddly Creature Array Sir Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    I forgot where I live
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    85
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker63 View Post
    I believe rejecting Prophet Muhammad is also rejecting Prophet Moses and Jesus because God sent them all and Muhammad is the Last Prophet and Prophet Jesus foretold the coming of Prophet Muhammad.
    Yet how can Christians come to this conclusion when their scriptural text is obviously corrupt? This is equivalent to to asking a person from germany to speak Chinese when he lives in an all German society. Christians live in a Christian society which is taught Christian dogma and that dogma is not compatible with Islam simply because Christian dogma is obviously corrupt and biasedly influenced.
    The assertion of God having a son is not even scripturally supported by them but if you read the history of the Bible you will understand how they did this. The Bible was voted upon to achieve its current state and form. That form being forged from the Torah and misconstrued to fit a Hellenic preference.

  19. #19
    إبن آدم Array ibṉĀdam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,837
    Threads
    137
    Reputation
    77741
    Rep Power
    94

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet



    Rejecting the teachings of any Prophet or Messenger is rejecting all the Messengers of Allah. This is because Allah says in Surah Ash-Shu'ara:

    [26:105] The people of Noah denied the messengers

    [26:123] 'Aad denied the messengers

    [26:141] Thamud denied the messengers

    [26:160] The people of Lot denied the messengers

    [26:176] The companions of the thicket denied the messengers

    Notice the plural in 'messengers'. There was only a single Messenger sent to each of them but Allah says that they have denied Messengers, meaning all the Messengers. This is because the teaching of all the Messengers of Allah is the same and denying one of them results in denying all of them.


    This is how the above Ayaat were explained by Shaikh Ali AbdurRahman Hudhaify in a Jumu'ah Khutbah at Masjid An-Nabawi (around 2-3 years ago).







  20. #20
    Limited Member Array Pen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    4
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Since Jews and Christians reject Prophet Muhammad do they also reject all Prophet

    I don't think one can truly be a Jew, Christian, or Muslim if he or she rejects Muhammad, for Muhammad fills the same role as the messengers before him, and the message and teachings Muhammad brought are the same as the message and teachings of Moses and Jesus that Judaism and Christianity were originally founded on. Being a Jew, Christian, or a Muslim are originally/ultimately based on the same truth. if you reject this truth and the one who brings it, you therefore reject Judaism, Christianity and Islam because they are all originally based on and derived from that truth.

+ Register now to reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP