Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1
    IB Senior Member kwolney01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    534
    Threads
    12
    Reputation
    3464
    Rep Power
    58
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    (Sources: The Purpose of Creation Dr. A.A.B. Philips & Varies Hadith)

    When you start to think of all the aspects of Earth, and the whole entire universe you may start to wonder how and why it all came about. Everything has a beginning and a lot of people believe that this beginning came from a "higher power". For me, and millions of others, that "higher power" is Allah (God in Arabic). I have decided to write this blog on the whole creation, but mainly focusing upon humans, because of a recent book I have read. I have learned a great deal from this book (The Purpose Of Creation) and thought it would be a great topic to write about. -I just hope people read it!

    Okay, so on to the subject at hand. Why did Allah (swt) create? By the word create, I mean everything: humans, animals, everything on Earth, and everything outside of our small planet. (By the way, we only know what Allah (swt) has created by reading the revelations)
    As stated in the Holy Quran: 51:47 "And it is We who have built the universe with (Our creative) power; and, verily, and it is We who are steadily expanding it. "
    From this one verse we know that Allah (swt) is constantly creating more things, by which we have no knowledge of. So, not only has Allah (swt) created everything we know, Allah has also created possibly millions of things we do not know about. So, the question is, Why? Why, has Allah (swt) created everything?

    Allah did not create humans or anything else because of a need. Allah does not need anything he creates. Allah is above the creation, and therefore has no need for any of it. So, why create?

    First, we must understand that us, humans, are not the greatest creation. (I know your thinking, "WHAT, how could this be!!!") We know this because of this verse:
    40:57 "Indeed, the creation of the heavens and the earth is greater than the creation of mankind, but most of mankind do not realize it."
    Think about it this way, what is more complex? humans or the universe....The UNIVERSE! Since it's so complex, how did Allah create it all. Some people think that the whole universe in a way is part of God. That God has taken a part of Himself and made the whole entire universe. This can not be true, this is based on comparing God to man! God actually denies this comparison in the Holy Quran:
    42:11 "There is nothing like Him and He is hearer and seer of all."
    So, how did Allah create? We can not possibly think that Allah created us from something that already existed. Only man creates from things that are already here. When an artist picks up a brush to draw something, they are imagining something that they have SEEN! Humans can not imagine something we have not physically seen with our own eyes. Allah CAN.

    Allah created everything based on specific characteristics that are exclusive to Him alone.

    The All Merciful, The All Forgiving

    Can you think of any human being that is ALL merciful, or All forgiving...? ONLY Allah has the power to forgive anything or to be merciful to anyone. Humans do not. We can not simply forgive everything, or be entirely merciful. Only Allah can grant us forgiveness for anything. Think of this situation from a hadith:
    "Allah forgave a prostitute who tied her shoe to her scarf and drew out some water (from a well) for a dog that was dying of thirst. Because of that, Allah forgave her." -Sahih Al-Bukhari

    The Supreme Justice

    Only Allah has the power to judge mankind at the end of the world. Only Allah has the supreme justice and fairness to judge mankind. Humans do not. No matter how fair someone may try to be, they are not always going to be. There are millions of examples of how people have been unfairly judged by humans. Think of all the appeals that are filed. Only, Allah has the consistency to judge all of mankind fairly.

    A Divine Love

    Allah's love is greater than any humans love could ever be. Allah has created human beings whether believer, or disbeliever, to enjoy life. For the believers Allah has created paradise. Allah states in the Holy Quran:
    5:13 He loves those who do good
    5:42 those who are just
    9:4 those who are pious
    3:146 those who are patient
    3:159 those who put their trust in Him
    2:222 those who frequently turn to Him in repentance and those who purify themselves

    And Allah loves those who follow the prophets. These people are most beloved to Allah. In Chapter Aal 'Imraan, Allah instructed Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) to say the following to the believers:
    3:31 "If you really love Allah, follow me and Allah will love you and forgive your sins"

    Divine Grace

    Those of us who enter paradise will not enter it solely based on our good deeds. It is by the grace of Allah that we will enter paradise. Prophet Muhammad (phub) said:
    "Try your best to do right, and be happy. For none will enter paradise only because of his deeds." His companions said, "O Messenger of Allah! Not even you?" He replied, "Not even I, unless Allah envelops me in His mercy and grace. And bear in mind that the deed most loved by Allah is one done constantly, even though it is small."
    Human beings can not do this for eachother. It is not by the will of one another that we enter paradise, but by the will of Allah. Allah's grace is also not arbitary. Allah's grace is based on correct faith and righteous deeds. As stated in the Holy Quran:
    6:160 "Whoever brings a good deed, will have (the value of) ten like it, and whoever brings an evil deed will only be punsihed with one like it, and they will not be wronged."

    What purpose was man created?

    Allah has created us to worship Him alone and nothing else.
    51:56 I have created the jinn and humankind only for My worship."

    We are instructed to show gratitude to Allah by glorifying Him.
    110:3 "Glorify the praises of your lord."


    Why glorify Allah? Because obedience to divine law is the key to success in this life and the next.

    Why Remember Allah? In order to glorify and worship Allah, we must remember Allah constentaly throughout the day. It is only natural for humans to forget things. In order to stay on track and remember Allah, we need to pray five times a day. This is required upon every Muslim, and we will be judged on our performance. Allah states this in the Holy Quran:
    20:14 "Verily, I am Allah, there is no god beside Me, so worship Me and establish regular prayer for My remembrance."

    Why did Allah create human beings in this world?

    This life is only a test. Day to day, we are confronted with tests that Allah is giving us to test our iman.
    67:2 "(It is He) who crated death and life to test which of you is best in conduct; and He is the Mighty, the Forgiving."

    18:7 "Surely I have created all that is on earth as its ornaments that I may test which of them is best in conduct."

    We are constantly being tested on our conduct. Whenever we are doing something we are being watched by Allah and our deeds are being written down by angels. We are never fully alone. Allah is watching and observing, angels are writing down deeds, and shaytan is constantly tempting us. We must always be aware of these things.

    Our purpose in this world is to worship Allah (swt) in every possible way. We must not let material things or people distract us from remember Allah and obeying His commands. Just remember you will be asked about everything you have done in this world, and this world is short compared to the next. Pick your path, paradise or hellfire, it's up to you.

    Note: Any mistakes made are mine...please forgive me if you find any. I wrote this not only for Muslims..but everyone to read...ENJOY
    2 | Likes Eric H, maryam muslimah liked this post
    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    ~Proud to be a Muslimah~


    ~Love for others what you love for yourself!~

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Full Member Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Where Allah has created a world
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    378
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    2058
    Rep Power
    47
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Beauty thread!
    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    So remember Me; I will remember you. And be grateful to me and do not deny Me.

  4. #3
    Full Member IsaImpliesHope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    40
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    282
    Rep Power
    45
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Salaam, kwolney01 - I very much enjoyed your post! But, dare I ask, have you actually answered the question of Why? - you don't seem to have stated the reason Allah created us based on His nature. You say that our purpose is to worship Him - but what is His purpose for creating us? In other words, why did Allah "want" to create worshippers?

  5. #4
    Full Member Alphadude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    292
    Threads
    32
    Reputation
    3049
    Rep Power
    48
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    awsome information i needed this answer thanks for sharing sister
    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    Imagination is more important than knowledge

  6. #5
    IB Oldtimer Salahudeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,049
    Threads
    167
    Reputation
    33080
    Rep Power
    65
    Likes (Given)
    1116
    Likes (Received)
    514

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    mashallah great post

  7. #6
    Soldier Through It! جوري's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    من ارض الكنانة
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    27,787
    Threads
    1260
    Reputation
    246631
    Rep Power
    214
    Likes (Given)
    5578
    Likes (Received)
    6281

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Quote Originally Posted by IsaImpliesHope View Post
    - you don't seem to have stated the reason Allah created us based on His nature.
    Only fools allege to know the 'nature' of God, they are the same fools who will have him self-immolate, and abrogate his commandments through the mouths of charlatans...

    The long post has gone into quite the expansive detail.
    the purpose of creation is to worship, the purpose is divine justice, divine truth, divine love..

    all the best
    1 | Likes Abz2000 liked this post
    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him


  8. #7
    IB Oldtimer IAmZamzam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,480
    Threads
    50
    Reputation
    7390
    Rep Power
    49
    Likes (Given)
    13
    Likes (Received)
    87

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    I would like to add that from what I understand the Arabic term in question can variously mean "worship", "serve", or "please".

  9. #8
    Full Member IsaImpliesHope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    40
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    282
    Rep Power
    45
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    Only fools allege to know the 'nature' of God, they are the same fools who will have him self-immolate, and abrogate his commandments through the mouths of charlatans...

    The long post has gone into quite the expansive detail.
    the purpose of creation is to worship, the purpose is divine justice, divine truth, divine love..

    all the best
    I can only apologise if my questions were foolish or inappropriate - but I can't understand how they are any more foolish or inappropriate than accusing someone of worshipping a suicide God.

  10. #9
    Soldier Through It! جوري's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    من ارض الكنانة
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    27,787
    Threads
    1260
    Reputation
    246631
    Rep Power
    214
    Likes (Given)
    5578
    Likes (Received)
    6281

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Quote Originally Posted by IsaImpliesHope View Post
    I can only apologise if my questions were foolish or inappropriate - but I can't understand how they are any more foolish or inappropriate than accusing someone of worshipping a suicide God.
    that is what it means for god to self-immolate.. I can see no other definition? .. other than that, given that the original Q has been asked before, the christian response didn't sway from previously elucidated save for some incongruous points about god eating man's sin through his human experience in Galilee..


    all the best
    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him


  11. #10
    Account Disabled - IqRa -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temporary Dunya - Don't get distracted by its pleasures... Not worth it...
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,186
    Threads
    22
    Reputation
    9913
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Suicide God...what?!

  12. #11
    Full Member IsaImpliesHope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    40
    Threads
    4
    Reputation
    282
    Rep Power
    45
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Quote Originally Posted by Gossamer skye View Post
    that is what it means for god to self-immolate.. I can see no other definition? .. other than that, given that the original Q has been asked before, the christian response didn't sway from previously elucidated save for some incongruous points about god eating man's sin through his human experience in Galilee..


    all the best
    I would be interested to read some of these "incongruous points" - what is the thread called?

  13. #12
    Soldier Through It! جوري's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    من ارض الكنانة
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    27,787
    Threads
    1260
    Reputation
    246631
    Rep Power
    214
    Likes (Given)
    5578
    Likes (Received)
    6281

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    search the comparative section!
    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him


  14. #13
    Proud Islamist MSalman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    414
    Threads
    14
    Reputation
    4771
    Rep Power
    55
    Likes (Given)
    67
    Likes (Received)
    95

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    as-salamu 'alaykum

    There are couple of things people should ponder upon when they ask this question to believers:
    1 - What is the purpose of your question?

    2 - Will any answer have any affect on your opinions?

    3 - What is your next question: why God made you a human and not a pig or why God gave you this and not that or why do you have this specific gender or why are you not a super human?

    4 - Would any of such question change the fact that we are here (i.e., cannot go back) and should worry about our next life?
    Seriously? where would you stop?

    For more reading, on this subject, one may also refer to Why was mankind created?

    @IsaImpliesHope

    what kind of reason or answer to "why" are you looking for? I do not think that any answer to atheists' "why" can satisfy them? Is worshiping your Lord not enough reason for anyone? Is it not enough for anyone that He created us when we were nothing and gave us an opportunity to enjoy this life?
    1 | Likes maryam muslimah liked this post
    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    Fi Amanillah
    Wa As-Salāmu 'Alaykum
    Islamic-Life
    Bringing Da'wah back..to life!

    عن تميم بن أوس الداري أن النبي صلى الله عليه وسلم: قال الدين النصيحة ثلاثا قلنا لمن يا رسول الله قال لله ولكتابه ولرسوله ولأئمة المسلمين وعامتهم - رواه مسلم

  15. #14
    IB Oldtimer Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Antipodes
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,036
    Threads
    12
    Reputation
    1367
    Rep Power
    51
    Likes (Given)
    61
    Likes (Received)
    153

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Why did Allah create us? Because we are a perfect fusion of good and evil the ultimate hypocrites of the world. Creative and destructive at the same time.

  16. #15
    IB Oldtimer cat eyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,797
    Threads
    57
    Reputation
    15905
    Rep Power
    54
    Likes (Given)
    6
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    lovely post sister and i can tell you wrote that all by yourself also and not from a book. mashallaah:awesome:
    Why Did Allah Create Us?




  17. #16
    Limited Member aznoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Nice article, lot of work, however a lot of recycled know theology and the main question remains unanswered, but how can any one, no matter how learned, answer this question in any true sense, except those whom Allah SWT has directly given various levels of Noor to. My own feeling points to a type of purge of sin/evil from his kingdom for example, exposure of Iblis to his true self as rebel, as just one of the many know and unknown reasons of our own creation, what is clear Allah SWT created and continues to create so many different things that only he would have any account of as this article correctly points to sura 40/57 the true creation of the havens is indeed way more significant than Man but we are so centric we cant think beyond ourselves so no wonder the Quran focuses on our short coming's but it's clear that before coming down to earth we had a created Nafs tat was in heaven from the creation of Adam now who can put a date or timeline on that good luck, what about other creations like the Dinosaurs which we know existed an for a very long time as well? are they related to the Jinn creation which we also know ruled on earth long before us, so come on, we can if we try put together the puzzle get amore clarity on history of what is taking its designed course and we all know to him is all our final return anyway. AssalamWalikum.

  18. #17
    Full Member maryam muslimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    316
    Threads
    13
    Reputation
    1791
    Rep Power
    7
    Likes (Given)
    273
    Likes (Received)
    266

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Thank you sister may Allah reward you
    @IsaImpliesHope
    Allah created us to test us and our success in that test is to worship him not for him but for us
    to live the best life and this will be appeare when you flow what allah tells you in the Quran and sunnah your life will get so good in that way will know without explanation why allah created you and know him it can't be describe it just can tasting

    I just wondering sometimes how allah prepare my life how put all good things in it .. how I can feel the good life .... I wasn't like this
    Many things in your life as a Muslim will let you know more who is allah and will make you sure that is the true
    And the remaining you will know it when you meet Allah
    Because you know as a human we can't understand everything and we still knowing a new things by the time
    So Allah is bigger than what can think and greater than what we can understand but we can know him through his book through how he treat us subhanah!
    If you want to know Allah... follow his advices his book and his messengers
    And after a time you will know who is your god and you will not ask like this question any more
    You know why because you will worship you god by a proofso which he will let you see them every time
    You just need to open your heart and he will guide you
    ( 69 ) And those who strive for Us - We will surely guide them to Our ways. And indeed, Allah is with the doers of good. 29:69



    ( 15 ) O People of the Scripture, there has come to you Our Messenger making clear to you much of what you used to conceal of the Scripture and overlooking much. There has come to you from Allah a light and a clear Book.
    ( 16 ) By which Allah guides those who pursue His pleasure to the ways of peace and brings them out from darknesses into the light, by His permission, and guides them to a straight path.5:15/16



    ( 11 ) No disaster strikes except by permission of Allah. And whoever believes in Allah - He will guide his heart. And Allah is Knowing of all things. 64:11

    ( 17 ) And those who are guided - He increases them in guidance and gives them their righteousness.


    May Allah guide us
    Amen

  19. #18
    IB Senior Member kritikvernunft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    590
    Threads
    35
    Reputation
    1043
    Rep Power
    3
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    172

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Quote Originally Posted by kwolney01 View Post
    Why Did Allah Create Us?
    A first approach would be to say that because the Creator of the universe is metaphysical, his purposes must be too. I think that this is certainly a valid approach to the question.

    However, if you try to second-guess why exactly the Creator created the universe, you can see a few things already, just by looking at his creation. Imagine that you wanted to transmit a message to someone who would pick it up later on. You could write it on a sheet of paper and hope that he will find it. That would work if the recipient is supposed to come and pick it up in a reasonable timeframe. What if he may only come one million years from now? How would you transmit the message? By the time that the recipient arrives, the piece of paper will be gone already. Therefore, you need to make sure that this piece of paper will get written onto a new, fresh piece of paper, before it is too late. Furthermore, in this physical world, an accident could happen, and the piece of paper could get destroyed. Therefore, you need to make sure that the message exists in many copies. So now we arrive at the concept of a piece of paper that can create copies of itself. In other words, this piece of paper contains its own photocopier, and what we can see, are photocopiers creating photocopies of themselves. A photocopier that can copy itself, is obviously much more complex than one that can only photocopy pieces of paper. Still, that is the only way to bridge very long periods of time.

    In fact, it amounts to saying that a Von Neumann universal constructor is a message transmission mechanism. However, no matter how you would construct the generational reproduction mechanism, determining whether a Garden of Eden exists is an undecidable problem, meaning that there is no algorithm that can be guaranteed to terminate and produce the correct answer.

    So, we may assume that at some point the intended recipient will come over and pick up the message by arbitrarily selecting any of the self-reproducing copies and extracting it. At that point, the system will have achieved its purpose and the universe will most likely come to an end.

    Hence, our purpose in this world looks like it is about transmitting a particular, not further specified message.

  20. #19
    IB Oldtimer greenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Malaysia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,012
    Threads
    57
    Reputation
    19662
    Rep Power
    35
    Likes (Given)
    1610
    Likes (Received)
    1799

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    @aznoor .. you dug up an ancient article... and used it as your first post. Only two who still sometimes post and one recently left.

    Happy digging and reading... bump those interesting ones up..


    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    As long as my heart does beat, I shall live, not lie
    For when my heart does stop its beat, with truth, I die.

  21. #20
    IB Oldtimer Serinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,250
    Threads
    43
    Reputation
    8575
    Rep Power
    12
    Likes (Given)
    826
    Likes (Received)
    1771

    Re: Why Did Allah Create Us?


    Allah created us to worship Him Alone, and only Him . And none else. This is Tawheed. The opposite of this is shirk, i.e. worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah .

    Mankind are all children of Adam , people then started to worship their own fantasies, becoming disbelievers thereby.

    Simple answer: To worship Him alone.

    And Allah knows best.
    Last edited by Serinity; 08-10-2016 at 05:05 PM.
    Why Did Allah Create Us?

    Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

    Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey there! Why Did Allah Create Us? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why Did Allah Create Us?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Why did Allah create the universe?
    By mattityahu in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 11:50 PM
  2. Why did Allah create Shaytaan?
    By innocent in forum Islamic History and Biographies
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 03:52 PM
  3. Why Did Allah(swt) create other planets?
    By Faisal Pervaiz in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2009, 08:58 AM
  4. Did Allah create life?
    By K.Venugopal in forum Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 02-25-2008, 04:23 PM
  5. When did Allah Create US?
    By mujahedeen2087 in forum Worship in Islam
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 11:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •