Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 20 of 61
    1. #1
      IB Oldtimer Array cat eyes's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Ireland
      Gender
      Female
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      2,797
      Threads
      57
      Reputation
      15906
      Rep Power
      51
      Likes (Given)
      6
      Likes (Received)
      5
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV




    2. #2
      Full Member Array MuslimDude's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      28
      Threads
      11
      Reputation
      58
      Rep Power
      40
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      0

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      thx for sharing

    3. #3
      IB Oldtimer Array cat eyes's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Ireland
      Gender
      Female
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      2,797
      Threads
      57
      Reputation
      15906
      Rep Power
      51
      Likes (Given)
      6
      Likes (Received)
      5

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      the guy in the black shirt is annoying lol he keeps on interrupting dr. zakir naik
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV




    4. #4
      IB Oldtimer Array noorseeker's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Apr 2007
      Location
      buuuurmingham
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      1,162
      Threads
      43
      Reputation
      6319
      Rep Power
      61
      Likes (Given)
      45
      Likes (Received)
      84

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      they dont really allow Dr naik to talk, um isnt bollywood haram.

    5. #5
      Account Disabled Array SMA89's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      170
      Threads
      1
      Reputation
      6
      Rep Power
      0
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      0

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      I agreed to everything that ShahRukh Khan said.

      Not the exact words but this is what he said:
      "Just because you are not a specialist in Islam doesnt make you less of a muslim."
      I remember KittenLover made a whole thread questioning if we should call a Moderate muslim a muslim or not. The answer is if he submits to God, then he is a muslim. Even Dr. Naik said that. A Christian is a Muslim, a Jew is a Muslim and etc.
      Most of the people on this forum are TOO Strict and Extreme. I am happy you posted this video, so we can see different views of muslims.

      "It is better to feel like a muslim than to look like one."
      I really liked this quote because I am doing everything good as a human being and I am confident enough that I know that Allah loves me for what I do.

    6. #6
      Full Member Array Abdul Qadir's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Posts
      402
      Threads
      8
      Reputation
      797
      Rep Power
      41
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      1

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      Quote Originally Posted by SMA89 View Post

      I remember KittenLover made a whole thread questioning if we should call a Moderate muslim a muslim or not. The answer is if he submits to God, then he is a muslim. Even Dr. Naik said that. A Christian is a Muslim, a Jew is a Muslim and etc.
      may allah guide us a protect us...maybe this is what these three individuals Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan are upon...
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV

      Yoonus Ibn 'Ubayd(d.139) said, "How amazing is the one who
      calls to the sunnah today! And what is even more amazing
      than him is the one who answers the call to the Sunnah!"
      Refer to Sharhus-Sunnah(no. 127) of al-Barbahaaree

    7. #7
      IB Oldtimer Array cat eyes's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Ireland
      Gender
      Female
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      2,797
      Threads
      57
      Reputation
      15906
      Rep Power
      51
      Likes (Given)
      6
      Likes (Received)
      5

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      well i believe that Allah can judge a person at the end of the day..we has humans have no say in what others do and we should not be calling eachother kufir!

      What will inshaAllah get us into jannah is believing on the kalma how ever this DOSE NOT mean that u believe on half the Qur'an and hadiths and disbelieving in da rest of it because if you have then you have not totally submitted yourself 2 god.

      I do agree in lot of stuf with shahruk has said because the bottom line is Allah wil judge whats in da heart on the day of resurrection and not what u went about wearing in this dunya.

      There is muslimz who cover head to toe, that dose not mean to say he or she is guided. You never know what they are hiding in there hearts.

      Shahkuk is an actor and he singz too the thing i liked is that he admitted it was wrong and maybe who knws, for ths ALLah cud guide him and put him in jannah 4 his honesty.

      May ALLah guide him. Ameen
      Last edited by cat eyes; 03-14-2010 at 06:30 PM.
      1 | Likes Soulja Girl liked this post
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV




    8. #8
      Full Member Array Nimboo's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Location
      Birmingham
      Posts
      65
      Threads
      4
      Reputation
      386
      Rep Power
      39
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      0

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      ^^

      Completely Agree with you there. Who are we to Judge? If we stopped judging one another, maybe life will become a little better.....

    9. #9
      Weirdo + Beard = Beardo Array Beardo's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Along the Coast
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      6,146
      Threads
      639
      Reputation
      75999
      Rep Power
      87
      Likes (Given)
      541
      Likes (Received)
      474

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      It was live, but I missed it. did anyone attend it live? I heard it was broadcasted on the net.

    10. #10
      Weirdo + Beard = Beardo Array Beardo's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Along the Coast
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      6,146
      Threads
      639
      Reputation
      75999
      Rep Power
      87
      Likes (Given)
      541
      Likes (Received)
      474

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      My personal thing on Bollywood specifically... People who watch it tend to be so dramatic about life. They work in extreme emotions and want their lives to be fairytales. They want their potential wife's dupatta to fly on their faces and find love that way. Really, it's stupid yet makes me laugh. Every movie has the same plot.

      Mind you, I don't want Bollywood. Or Hollywood for that matter.

    11. #11
      Full Member Array paradise88's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      England
      Gender
      Female
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      199
      Threads
      36
      Reputation
      416
      Rep Power
      54
      Likes (Given)
      1
      Likes (Received)
      2

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      Firstly thank you posting this, I had no idea about this show and the discussion. Its such a complex topic some would say if you dont pray your not muslim. I heard a quote by Yvonne Ridley saying that being muslim is like being pregnant u either are or ur not.

      Another thing i agreed with what Shahrukh said that Allah may forgive u abt certaint things but the society wont. The thing is the media has a lot to do with the perception of Islam. Especially after 9/11 i think everyone has heard the word muslim so frequently like we've become famous lol but not for the right reasons
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV

      We HaVe OnE LiFe; iT SoOn wiLL Be PaSt; WhaT wE dO FoR ALLAH iS aLL ThaT wiLL LasT

    12. #12
      Anathema Array CosmicPathos's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      in the sea
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      3,919
      Threads
      74
      Reputation
      24550
      Rep Power
      57
      Likes (Given)
      314
      Likes (Received)
      780

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      Just watched most of it.

      Well, SRK, I do not really like him but he has some valid points. Although I disagree when he says that he can believe that he is a Muslim even though he does not follow orthodox thinking. It is this free license that irks me. People want to believe they are something yet cherry pick in it.

      I found the stupidest comments devoid of any thinking of Soha Ali Khan. She just was repeating the secular mantra. She wanted to talk about Indian identity. There is no Indian identity. we have for long been duped by Indian/Pakistani nationalism.
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV

      Help me to escape from this existence
      I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
      I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
      In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed

    13. #13
      Account Disabled Array islamirama's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      3,846
      Threads
      692
      Reputation
      16755
      Rep Power
      0
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      13

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      I would not trust zakir naik nor take knowledge from him. You're eman and akhira is on the line, are you going to entrust it to a weak link or the best scholar you can find? Do you go to any laymen doctor or one that knows what he's talking about?

      His ideology is questionable as well as his manhaj. Before some of you lots decided to jump on me for "talking bad about a scholar" and other blah blah blah, educate yourself on what he preaches. I devoted a whole thread to his ideology and comparison of what he said vs what the more knowledgeable and respected scholars have said on same topics here:

      http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthre...ght=zakir+naik

      As for shahrukh khan, People like to say he is a muslim and even he says he is a muslim. But is he really? he is a married to a hindu women which is not allowed in islam, therefore his marriage is invalid, he is living a life of zina and all his kids are illegitimate. I believe he also worships hindu gods, he said he has them and the quran on the same desk and he teaches his kids to practice both religions equally. Is he still a muslim? Actions speak louder than words, look at his life and then look at what Islam says and see for yourself. Same goes for salman khan and his family.

      As for bollywood, yes it is haram. It promotes nothing but haraam. All their movies are about love, girl going against her parents to run away with her love, fighting bad guys who always are muslims, the lovers are always a hindu guy and a muslim girl and never vice versa. Bollywood movies had such a negative impact that hindus started complaining about their daughters running away from home with their lovers. Then you saw the release of movies like Khabi Gham Khabi Khushi to educate the dumb public about family values. Here's the bollywood ignorant cultural muslims promote:

      Bollywood Badboyz
      http://www.youtube.com/v/S2-Sk0KdbXc&rel=1

      Truth about Bollywood
      http://www.youtube.com/v/wy-gLNSbU88


      As for people on this forum being too strict. The ignorant and culturally drenched "musilms" will find everything related to Islam strict because it is so much against their hindu based culture. For example, in hindu society the brother-in-law is seen a best friend where as in Islam he is seen as death. The sisters of the wife hang around him, joking, playing, being alone and what not as if its nothing. So when these people here about what islam says and how they should behave with brother in law, they object and say islam is too strict. It's either Islam or your hindu based culture, you can't have both.
      Last edited by islamirama; 03-14-2010 at 07:48 PM.

    14. #14
      Full Member Array paradise88's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2007
      Location
      England
      Gender
      Female
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      199
      Threads
      36
      Reputation
      416
      Rep Power
      54
      Likes (Given)
      1
      Likes (Received)
      2

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      Islamirama I actually do agree with u, when i started reading ur comment i was gna be like WHAT THE.... but its true people should look at many scholars and not just one however DR Zakir Naik is good at explaining certain things and the way he tlks is easy to understand for many of us.

      As for Bollywood people are mad about it for some reason, i cant stand it, people love indian music n film! For example bengali and pakistani people dnt evn wna be associated to their culture (even though religion is more important) its so weird.

      P.S Soha was annoying me she just didnt want to talk about anything why did they get her on the show, shes saying religion should be private etc but thats not hw it is the whole world is talking abt religion more than ever
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV

      We HaVe OnE LiFe; iT SoOn wiLL Be PaSt; WhaT wE dO FoR ALLAH iS aLL ThaT wiLL LasT

    15. #15
      Anathema Array CosmicPathos's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      in the sea
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      3,919
      Threads
      74
      Reputation
      24550
      Rep Power
      57
      Likes (Given)
      314
      Likes (Received)
      780

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      Quote Originally Posted by islamirama View Post
      I would not trust zakir naik nor take knowledge from him. You're eman and akhira is on the line, are you going to entrust it to a weak link or the best scholar you can find? Do you go to any laymen doctor or one that knows what he's talking about?

      His ideology is questionable as well as his manhaj. Before some of you lots decided to jump on me for "talking bad about a scholar" and other blah blah blah, educate yourself on what he preaches. I devoted a whole thread to his ideology and comparison of what he said vs what the more knowledgeable and respected scholars have said on same topics here:

      http://forum.netmuslims.com/showthre...ght=zakir+naik

      As for shahrukh khan, People like to say he is a muslim and even he says he is a muslim. But is he really? he is a married to a hindu women which is not allowed in islam, therefore his marriage is invalid, he is living a life of zina and all his kids are illegitimate. I believe he also worships hindu gods, he said he has them and the quran on the same desk and he teaches his kids to practice both religions equally. Is he still a muslim? Actions speak louder than words, look at his life and then look at what Islam says and see for yourself. Same goes for salman khan and his family.

      As for bollywood, yes it is haram. It promotes nothing but haraam. All their movies are about love, girl going against her parents to run away with her love, fighting bad guys who always are muslims, the lovers are always a hindu guy and a muslim girl and never vice versa. Bollywood movies had such a negative impact that hindus started complaining about their daughters running away from home with their lovers. Then you saw the release of movies like Khabi Gham Khabi Khushi to educate the dumb public about family values. Here's the bollywood ignorant cultural muslims promote:

      Bollywood Badboyz
      http://www.youtube.com/v/S2-Sk0KdbXc&rel=1

      Truth about Bollywood
      http://www.youtube.com/v/wy-gLNSbU88


      As for people on this forum being too strict. The ignorant and culturally drenched "musilms" will find everything related to Islam strict because it is so much against their hindu based culture. For example, in hindu society the brother-in-law is seen a best friend where as in Islam he is seen as death. The sisters of the wife hang around him, joking, playing, being alone and what not as if its nothing. So when these people here about what islam says and how they should behave with brother in law, they object and say islam is too strict. It's either Islam or your hindu based culture, you can't have both.
      beautiful akhi. Seems you are from a desi background like me and are aware of what goes in our families.
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV

      Help me to escape from this existence
      I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
      I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
      In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed

    16. #16
      Account Disabled Array SMA89's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2010
      Posts
      170
      Threads
      1
      Reputation
      6
      Rep Power
      0
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      0

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      Quote Originally Posted by paradise786 View Post

      P.S Soha was annoying me she just didnt want to talk about anything why did they get her on the show, shes saying religion should be private etc but thats not hw it is the whole world is talking abt religion more than ever
      Not completely true. People in the west dont even think about religion. The world in the west is very secular and moving really fast that people dont have time for religion. You see it that way because your environment is around people that follow religion im guessing.

    17. #17
      Account Disabled Array islamirama's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      3,846
      Threads
      692
      Reputation
      16755
      Rep Power
      0
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      13

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      Quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
      beautiful akhi. Seems you are from a desi background like me and are aware of what goes in our families.
      You don't need to be a desi to know what goes on in this families. Just live in a desi community and you'll find out. We had a chinese Imam from medina visiting our community a year or two back and he was giving a small khatira and he was talking about bollywood, shahrukh khan, ashraiwaiya and what not and how desi people need to leave that stuff and return to islam.

    18. #18
      IB Oldtimer Array tango92's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      North west london
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      1,383
      Threads
      28
      Reputation
      13807
      Rep Power
      49
      Likes (Given)
      172
      Likes (Received)
      96

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      people love these kinds of shows, it makes them think theyre making progress....
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV

      time for operation ninja Islam

    19. #19
      Anathema Array CosmicPathos's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Location
      in the sea
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      3,919
      Threads
      74
      Reputation
      24550
      Rep Power
      57
      Likes (Given)
      314
      Likes (Received)
      780

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      Quote Originally Posted by islamirama View Post
      You don't need to be a desi to know what goes on in this families. Just live in a desi community and you'll find out. We had a chinese Imam from medina visiting our community a year or two back and he was giving a small khatira and he was talking about bollywood, shahrukh khan, ashraiwaiya and what not and how desi people need to leave that stuff and return to islam.
      Interesting. I dont know and dont have much interest anyways in knowing what goes among Muslims from Arab culture, Indonesian culture, or Chinese culture, thats why i found it surprising non-desis knowing that much detail about desis. I guess I underestimated the impact of bollywood on the world.

      After watching this show, it is clear how living in a country with various religions (India) can change thinking of a Muslim child compared to the one living in a country with only one major religion (Pakistan, where 95% ppl are Muslim), even though both share similar cultures, foods, traditions, and what not.

      the guy brought Jinnah in. It should be kept in mind that Jinnah was nothing more than a political force for shaping the Pakistani ideal. Pakistan's idea was presented forth by a traditional Sunni Muslim Allama Mohammad Iqbal, the great poet-philosopher of Muslims in recent times, no doubt why Muslim scholars in India who wanted United India gave idiotic fatwas against this visionary. It irks me when secular Jinnah is given all the credit.
      Last edited by CosmicPathos; 03-14-2010 at 08:30 PM.
      Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV

      Help me to escape from this existence
      I yearn for an answer... can you help me?
      I'm drowning in a sea of abused visions and shattered dreams
      In somnolent illusion... I'm paralyzed

    20. #20
      Account Disabled Array islamirama's Avatar
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Join Date
      Feb 2007
      Posts
      3,846
      Threads
      692
      Reputation
      16755
      Rep Power
      0
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      13

      Re: Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV


      Quote Originally Posted by mad_scientist View Post
      Interesting. I dont know and dont have much interest anyways in knowing what goes among Muslims from Arab culture, Indonesian culture, or Chinese culture, thats why i found it surprising non-desis knowing that much detail about desis. I guess I underestimated the impact of bollywood on the world.
      The arabs watch bollywood movies also, at least the ones in the west. Bro in my community says after watching 2-3 times he gets the story easily. Bollywood is also very famous in indonesi and especially in malaysia. you have many malays hardcore fans of bollywood actors/actresses.

      the guy brought Jinnah in. It should be kept in mind that Jinnah was nothing more than a political force for shaping the Pakistani ideal. Pakistan's idea was presented forth by a traditional Sunni Muslim Allama Mohammad Iqbal, the great poet-philosopher of Muslims in recent times, no doubt why Muslim scholars in India who wanted United India gave idiotic fatwas against this visionary. It irks me when secular Jinnah is given all the credit.
      All the founding fathers of Pakistan were short sighted and because of this they lost out on what they could've had vs what they have now.
      Last edited by islamirama; 03-14-2010 at 10:10 PM.

     

     
    Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Hey there! Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

    When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Dr. Zakir Naik, Shahrukh Khan, Soha Ali Khan on NDTV
    Sign Up

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •