Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 93

Thread: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

  1. #41
    Dead nd Gone Array truemuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Posts
    4,639
    Threads
    231
    Reputation
    18033
    Rep Power
    54

    Likes:
    Received
    1
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    Sounds like nihilism would suit you perfectly :P

    You can see air, if you had a corridor of infinite length, eventually you wouldn't be able to see the end because of all the air in the way. Most gases are pretty low in the periodic table, and have a low atomic mass so they are pretty small molecules. Measuring the amount of light absorbed /refracted is a good way of seeing gases/air.
    ^^^ say what?
    i hate those boring huge unormal scientificy boooooring words

  2. #42
    Spread this Avatar! Array - Qatada -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ...travelling to the hereafter..
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11,125
    Threads
    782
    Reputation
    61519
    Rep Power
    97

    Likes:
    Received
    467
    Given
    18

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    1.It wasn't evil i was getting at so much as just why an omnipotent being would llet the people that are aspiring to him die in futility while godless atheists that don't even belive in him live.

    Either he's not as omnipotent as he would have us belive, or he's malevolent. Or he just doesn't give a rat's *** about it.

    Or maybe the 4th alternative is that He never created this world as a Paradise, rather He gave people a mix of good and bad in this world, and then told the people with good to share their good with others - expecting His reward, and then mankind would live peacefully with each other?

    Then those who did good to please Him while believing in His Messengers would be rewarded, while those who disbelieved and did evil would be punished for their evil.




  3. #43
    Catholic Array Jayda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kiawah Island, SC
    Posts
    1,108
    Threads
    23
    Reputation
    2564
    Rep Power
    51

    Likes:
    Received
    0
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by truemuslim View Post
    ^^^ say what?
    i hate those boring huge unormal scientificy boooooring words
    antidisestablishmentarianism



  4. #44
    Spread this Avatar! Array - Qatada -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ...travelling to the hereafter..
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11,125
    Threads
    782
    Reputation
    61519
    Rep Power
    97

    Likes:
    Received
    467
    Given
    18

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    Perhaps, a god could be created entirely perfect by a very low random chance....

    Atheistic theism here we come.

    Then that wouldn't be a God




  5. #45
    Account Disabled Array Godless Heathen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    39
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Likes:
    Received
    0
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by - Qatada - View Post
    No, simply knowing Him by what He has given us of His knowledge is sufficient for us. I've mentioned before in a earlier post on another thread that atheists need more faith than believers of a God since they need to accept everything occuring by chance, even if its a chance of 0.00000000000000000000000001% etc.
    It's infinitely harder being an atheist than being theistic. When i fall on hard times there's no one i can pray to for guidance or help. I'm on my own lol.
    On the other hand though, it means i can get off my butt quicker and sort it out rather than waiting for divine intervention.

  6. #46
    Spread this Avatar! Array - Qatada -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ...travelling to the hereafter..
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11,125
    Threads
    782
    Reputation
    61519
    Rep Power
    97

    Likes:
    Received
    467
    Given
    18

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    It's infinitely harder being an atheist than being theistic. When i fall on hard times there's no one i can pray to for guidance or help. I'm on my own lol.
    On the other hand though, it means i can get off my butt quicker and sort it out rather than waiting for divine intervention.

    We do both - we ask for what we need, and then we do what we have the ability to do.




  7. #47
    Account Disabled Array Godless Heathen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    39
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Likes:
    Received
    0
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by - Qatada - View Post
    Or maybe the 4th alternative is that He never created this world as a Paradise, rather He gave people a mix of good and bad in this world, and then told the people with good to share their good with others - expecting His reward, and then mankind would live peacefully with each other?

    We should concentrate more on trying to get that working down here too

    Then those who did good to please Him while believing in His Messengers would be rewarded, while those who disbelieved and did evil would be punished for their evil.
    Shouldn't they have it as a more subtle test? Where there's no knowledge of reward? so people do it out of the KINDNESS in their hearts? That would sort out the really good people from the people that don't want to die horribly in the pits of hell. It would be way more efficient.

  8. #48
    Spread this Avatar! Array - Qatada -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ...travelling to the hereafter..
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11,125
    Threads
    782
    Reputation
    61519
    Rep Power
    97

    Likes:
    Received
    467
    Given
    18

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    Shouldn't they have it as a more subtle test? Where there's no knowledge of reward? so people do it out of the KINDNESS in their hearts?

    That would sort out the really good people from the people that don't want to die horribly in the pits of hell. It would be way more efficient.

    Surprisingly, there's alot of evil in the world. At a time when atheism is the dominant way of life. agreed? I don't think alot of people want to give charity, most just want to fulfill their own desires instead of sharing.

    Hey, we only got one life - so why not live it to the fullest?


    Ever heard of that statement before? Believers believe they are responsible for all their actions and what God has given them - so we as believers should be aware of helping those in need.




    Regards.




  9. #49
    Account Disabled Array Godless Heathen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    39
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Likes:
    Received
    0
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by - Qatada - View Post
    Then that wouldn't be a God
    What's the criteria for being a god?

    Besides, from what you said, God can have no creator, and he can't randomly appear by chance either, the two methods that make the most sense, so what's the story behind that?

  10. #50
    Spread this Avatar! Array - Qatada -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ...travelling to the hereafter..
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11,125
    Threads
    782
    Reputation
    61519
    Rep Power
    97

    Likes:
    Received
    467
    Given
    18

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    What's the criteria for being a god?

    Besides, from what you said, God can have no creator, and he can't randomly appear by chance either, the two methods that make the most sense, so what's the story behind that?

    A God is a being who is perfect - if God is finite - that is also not perfection. God is infinite - that is our belief about Him, and that's why we take Him as a deity and God.




  11. #51
    Account Disabled Array Godless Heathen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    39
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Likes:
    Received
    0
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by - Qatada - View Post
    Surprisingly, there's alot of evil in the world. At a time when atheism is the dominant way of life. agreed? I don't think alot of people want to give charity, most just want to fulfill their own desires instead of sharing.

    Hey, we only got one life - so why not live it to the fullest?


    Ever heard of that statement before? Believers believe they are responsible for all their actions and what God has given them - so we as believers should be aware of helping those in need.




    Regards.
    The red is the atheist outlook. What else do we have to work towards?

    as for the "This is an atheist world" I must very heartily disagree.

    I'm pulling...THE FACT CARD! (dun dun dunnnnn)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:W...y_Religion.png

    Atheists are a mere 2.35% of the world population!

  12. #52
    Account Disabled Array Godless Heathen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    39
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Likes:
    Received
    0
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by - Qatada - View Post
    A God is a being who is perfect - if God is finite - that is also not perfection. God is infinite - that is our belief about Him, and that's why we take Him as a deity and God.
    It sets it up very conveniently that he can only exist by telling us that he exists.

    If i was god i would be doing this a lot differently.

    First of all, i'd carve "GOD EXISTS" on the moon with my powers or something.

    and second, kill all the atheists. or not create them in the first place.

    and third, Unite everyone under ONE religion instead of telling loads of different prophets different things. Kinda counter productive.

  13. #53
    Spread this Avatar! Array - Qatada -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ...travelling to the hereafter..
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11,125
    Threads
    782
    Reputation
    61519
    Rep Power
    97

    Likes:
    Received
    467
    Given
    18

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    The red is the atheist outlook. What else do we have to work towards?

    as for the "This is an atheist world" I must very heartily disagree.

    I'm pulling...THE FACT CARD! (dun dun dunnnnn)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:W...y_Religion.png

    Atheists are a mere 2.35% of the world population!


    Atheism is on the increase. Plus, i don't really care what is dominant - since the people giving in charity is a practise which should be observed, no matter who it's from. Since religion promotes it - then that's nothing but good. So hey, that's sufficient as an argument for me.




  14. #54
    Spread this Avatar! Array - Qatada -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ...travelling to the hereafter..
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11,125
    Threads
    782
    Reputation
    61519
    Rep Power
    97

    Likes:
    Received
    467
    Given
    18

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    It sets it up very conveniently that he can only exist by telling us that he exists.

    If i was god i would be doing this a lot differently.

    First of all, i'd carve "GOD EXISTS" on the moon with my powers or something.

    He doesn't have to, His creation and Him sustaining it for billions of years is sufficient for us to believe that He exists.


    and second, kill all the atheists. or not create them in the first place.
    No, mankind has the choice - they take their own steps, if they want to be guided - they ask Him sincerely and He guides them. If they don't want to be guided, then that's their own loss.



    and third, Unite everyone under ONE religion instead of telling loads of different prophets different things. Kinda counter productive.

    Try doing the elimination method - which religion is the most followed by humans? If someone says christianity - ok, why do they follow it? Does it make sense? No? Ok, go onto the 2nd biggest. Islam. Does it make sense? It has alot of answers, so go look into its details. Ask for answers.

    Like you do the search and elimination process for many different things, do it for religion. Ask for the guidance, ask Him to guide you if He exists. And then walk forward in that direction.




  15. #55
    Dream it anyway!!!!! Array tomtomsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Never Never Land
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Posts
    860
    Threads
    51
    Reputation
    5011
    Rep Power
    48

    Likes:
    Received
    0
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    So ummmm yeah, back on topic. If there were a time machine, I wouldn't use it. Everything happens for a reason. All of the choices I have made in my life, though many have been very unwise, have shaped who I am today. If I were to go back and change something I did when I was 15 could possibly take away my son. That isn't a sacrifice I am willing to make to "fix" something I screwed up.


    "The only thing neccesary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." - E. Burke

    "We have just enough religion to hate but not enough to love one another" -Jonathan Swift

  16. #56
    Account Disabled Array Whatsthepoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,658
    Threads
    19
    Reputation
    12661
    Rep Power
    0

    Likes:
    Received
    2
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by - Qatada - View Post
    Surprisingly, there's alot of evil in the world. At a time when atheism is the dominant way of life. agreed? I don't think alot of people want to give charity, most just want to fulfill their own desires instead of sharing.
    Atheism is not a way of life and it's not dominant. the dominant force in the developed world these days is materialism (consumerism), which has little to do with atheism but rather with economic development. Therfore - disagreed!
    A lot of people give charity, regardless of their (ir)religion. I suppose the people in the west give more charity than the rest of the world combined.

  17. #57
    Account Disabled Array Godless Heathen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    39
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    21
    Rep Power
    0

    Likes:
    Received
    0
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by - Qatada - View Post
    Atheism is on the increase. Plus, i don't really care what is dominant - since the people giving in charity is a practise which should be observed, no matter who it's from. Since religion promotes it - then that's nothing but good. So hey, that's sufficient as an argument for me.
    That's what secular humanism is for. Atheist charities aren't too easy to spot because they don't exactly label themselves "Atheist Charities".

    You say atheism is on the increase like it's a bad thing It's not the atheists killing religious people (at least not most of the time. Hitler was a catholic and stalin *was* atheist as far as i know but he was just a nutcase.) It's most often religious people killing atheists or other religious people.

    Don't get me wrong. Freedom of religion is paramount to successful society...as is political and social freedoms. That means not lynching people because they are a different religion or not religious at all, and not raping and killing women for not wearing the Burkha (sp?) which i've heard happens (apparently) but i'm not sure whether to belive it. It shouldn't be a case of HAVING to cover up women so they don't get raped, it should be that women don't get raped at all.

    No masturbation and no sex before marriage is enough to make anyone cranky though heh.

  18. #58
    Spread this Avatar! Array - Qatada -'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ...travelling to the hereafter..
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    11,125
    Threads
    782
    Reputation
    61519
    Rep Power
    97

    Likes:
    Received
    467
    Given
    18

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    That means not lynching people because they are a different religion or not religious at all, and not raping and killing women for not wearing the Burkha (sp?) which i've heard happens (apparently) but i'm not sure whether to belive it.

    Whether you heard that or not, it's not a part of Islam.


    It shouldn't be a case of HAVING to cover up women so they don't get raped, it should be that women don't get raped at all.
    Agreed.


    No masturbation and no sex before marriage is enough to make anyone cranky though heh.

    Yeah, and that's something we've discussed lately in past threads. Most of the time its harmful.



    Anyway, let's allow the thread to carry on without disturbing it for others. Sorry for the sister who created it.




  19. #59
    Dead nd Gone Array truemuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    same as tupac........beneath u. under the dirt. lost inside the earth. left the spark 4 u, nd left
    Posts
    4,639
    Threads
    231
    Reputation
    18033
    Rep Power
    54

    Likes:
    Received
    1
    Given
    0

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    Quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen View Post
    The red is the atheist outlook. What else do we have to work towards?

    as for the "This is an atheist world" I must very heartily disagree.

    I'm pulling...THE FACT CARD! (dun dun dunnnnn)

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:W...y_Religion.png

    Atheists are a mere 2.35% of the world population!

    wow...thats a whole lot....


    anyway, wow alot has happened while i was gone... dumb questions were asked, smart answers were replied...

  20. #60
    Soldier Through It! Array جوري's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    من ارض الكنانة
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    27,131
    Threads
    1280
    Reputation
    244174
    Rep Power
    198

    Likes:
    Received
    6203
    Given
    5529

    Default Re: Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

    'One life live it to the fullest', the atheist mantra makes me marvel at how much time they spend on forums philosophizing mindless drivel.

    An attribute of God is time.. it would take nothing short of a miracle to break the very fabric of causality.

    cheers




    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him.اتبع طرق الهدى ولا يضرك قلة السالكين
    وإياك وطرق الضلالة ولا تغتر بكثرة الهالكين





+ Register now to reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
BACK TO TOP