Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Focus On Salah

  • Amused
  • Angry
  • Annoyed
  • Awesome
  • Bemused
  • Cocky
  • Cool
  • Crazy
  • Crying
  • Depressed
  • Down
  • Embarrased
  • Enraged
  • Friendly
  • Geeky
  • Happy
  • Hateful
  • Hungry
  • Innocent
  • Meh
  • Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Results 1 to 5 of 5
    1. #1
      Allah swt knows best
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array BeTheChange's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Gender
      Female
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      1,396
      Threads
      92
      Reputation
      8473
      Rep Power
      20
      Likes (Given)
      2440
      Likes (Received)
      1059

      Smile Quran recitation and then english....


      Asalamualykum everyone

      Has anyone come across any reciters who recite the full passage of the Quran and then give a full english translation straight after?

      I can find reciters on youtube who recite one sentence and then translate in english but i find it hard to follow the meaning this way.

      So basically, looking for a full arabic recitation and then a full english translation straight after.

      Jazahka Allah

      Your help is much appreciated as always.

      May Allah swa reward you all for your efforts and good intentions. Ameen
      1 | Likes Muslim Woman liked this post

    2. #2
      Limited Member
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array Kayser's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      24
      Threads
      3
      Reputation
      132
      Rep Power
      0
      Likes (Given)
      0
      Likes (Received)
      2

      Re: Quran recitation and then english....


      I think quranicaudio.com does that
      1 | Likes BeTheChange liked this post

    3. #3
      IB Oldtimer
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array greenhill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      Malaysia
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      2,553
      Threads
      53
      Reputation
      15605
      Rep Power
      28
      Likes (Given)
      1201
      Likes (Received)
      1281

      Re: Quran recitation and then english....


      I have always wanted to learn the Qur'an in the order of which it was revealed and in relation to the events of the time.

      What we are taught back here is to read from beginning to the end and then the meanings after we have recited the words of Allah with our own tongue (if we intend to further our knowledge). The emphasis is on the recitation.

      I have asked around but so far I have not found anyone who can (or want to). My idea is to understand why the particular surah was revealed and to address what issue. Perhaps that way, I could better understand the context of why it was sent. Maybe even see the relevance and application in today's world. I feel it would be more meaningful and positively believe that it would definitely aid me in remembering the guidance and get direct codes of practice from the Book itself. It may even teach me how to get references from it for life.



    4. #4
      IB Oldtimer
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array Signor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      1,283
      Threads
      101
      Reputation
      11190
      Rep Power
      35
      Likes (Given)
      772
      Likes (Received)
      1029

      Re: Quran recitation and then english....


      Quote Originally Posted by strivingforgood View Post
      Asalamualykum everyone

      Has anyone come across any reciters who recite the full passage of the Qur'an and then give a full English translation straight after?
      Waalikum Assalaam

      Basically,the methodology you adopted here is flawed?How?Qur'an is not your normal text book,its a book of forever guidance.A chapter may contains several topics ending,continuing and starting in the same surah.You need to keep in mind,the names given to Surahs are only for reference purposes,they doesn't necessarily have to do with Surah itself.For example,longest Surah is Al Baqarah(The Cow),does it revolves around issues of The Cow,offcourse not(Btw,this is also a rebuttle to those Haters who say Allah has revealed a small Surah on topic of Women(An Nisa) compared to Cow). I will elaborate more If needed Insha Allah.

      Quote Originally Posted by greenhill View Post
      What we are taught back here is to read from beginning to the end and then the meanings after we have recited the words of Allah with our own tongue (if we intend to further our knowledge). The emphasis is on the recitation.

      I have asked around but so far I have not found anyone who can (or want to). My idea is to understand why the particular surah was revealed and to address what issue. Perhaps that way, I could better understand the context of why it was sent. Maybe even see the relevance and application in today's world. I feel it would be more meaningful and positively believe that it would definitely aid me in remembering the guidance and get direct codes of practice from the Book itself. It may even teach me how to get references from it for life.
      If I guide you,what will I get in return Akhee?
      Quran recitation and then english....



    5. #5
      IB Oldtimer
      Feeling
      ----
       
      Array greenhill's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2013
      Location
      Malaysia
      Gender
      Male
      Religion
      Islam
      Posts
      2,553
      Threads
      53
      Reputation
      15605
      Rep Power
      28
      Likes (Given)
      1201
      Likes (Received)
      1281

      Re: Quran recitation and then english....


      Quote Originally Posted by Signor View Post
      If I guide you,what will I get in return Akhee?
      Jannah, in syaa Allah as I am powerless to give you good in this world. But I can wish for a portion of my good deeds done due to the knowledge gained as a result to you. May all my actions, thoughts and deeds (as a result of understanding) be good and pleasing to Allah because of you....... (?)

      Can?


      1 | Likes Signor liked this post

     

     

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •