× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Is obeying rulers required in Islam?
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,199
    Threads
    400
    Reputation
    2217
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    457
    Likes (Received)
    309

    Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Report bad ads?

    such as Islamist dictators like adnan menderes or recep tayyip erdogan?

    http://qtafsir.com/index.php?option=...=645&Itemid=59


  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,302
    Threads
    30
    Reputation
    4689
    Rep Power
    65
    Likes (Given)
    226
    Likes (Received)
    732

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Are you still in the Gülen jamaat?
    Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    If you have broken a heart, what you offer is not Salah..

  4. #3
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,199
    Threads
    400
    Reputation
    2217
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    457
    Likes (Received)
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Are you still in the Gülen jamaat?
    i still have reservations and anger concerning answering that question considering you called them "wicked" gulen jamaat. but i feel obligated to reply. i am merely a sympathizer and skeptic at the same time. i feel bad for all the tens of thousands of journalists, professors, doctors, nurses, teachers, union workers, writers, businessmen who have to endure erdogan's purge and get arrested and tortured, and i hate erdogan's guts for it, and i dont believe gulen jamaat was ever a terror organization, nor do i believe the 17 25 operations were a coup, nor do i believe the MIT crisis of 2014 was a coup, nor do I believe fethullah gulen carried out the 2016 coup, nor do i believe they are a sadistic cult that "tells its members who to marry, what to do to the minutest detail, etc." however, i feel that gulen jamaat should not have entered politics per ustad (Bediuzzaman said nursi)'s warning, I believe some of their religious beliefs are flawed, I believe they venerate Fethullah Gulen too much, nonetheless I feel as if the purges going on are not a punishment from Allah but rather a cleasning process and a test from Allah, and I respect many aspects of Hizmet, however I do not attend any of their events, although I would marry a Gulen jamaat member.

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Are you still in the Gülen jamaat?
    I also dont believe they stole university entrance exam questions

    or if they did, it was the insincere ones who later defected @anatolian

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    Are you still in the Gülen jamaat?
    aw, forget m earlier reply, yes, i am, and proud of it.....i dont believe the 17 25 operations were a coup, i dont believe the 2014 MIT crisis was a coup, I dont believe the 2016 coup was carried out by fethullah gulen, i dont believe they are a cult, i dont believe they are told by abis and ablas who to marry and what to do to the minutest detail and abused, etc. i feel sorry for the victims of erdogans purge.........i feel that gulenism has been the target of a smear campaign and a witch hunt, and i dont believe they are a parallel state, and i feel they are one of the most charitable faces of islam around, and mos idealistic and i believe their goals are honorable...i dont believe they want to take over the world, i believe they want charity and peaceful coexistence, and have been the victims of themselves being ahead of their time in their own land.......ahead of their people.......they tried to warn their people, and got brutally assaulted for it.....because thats what happens to all warners including the Prophets (peace be Upon them All). we are not a parallel state.

  5. #4
    Misbah-Abd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Florida
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    125
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    223
    Rep Power
    1
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    If they rule by the law of Allah and pray then you have to obey them. And if revolting is going to cause a greater fitnah then you just have to be patient and steadfast and make dua for relief.

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Antipodes
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,235
    Threads
    13
    Reputation
    1466
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    193

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd View Post
    If they rule by the law of Allah and pray then you have to obey them. And if revolting is going to cause a greater fitnah then you just have to be patient and steadfast and make dua for relief.
    One must obey Allah, but If one has the power he will be the new ruler. But if you don't have the power, obey and you will live longer. Look what's happening in Syria. The rebels might be right, but they lack the power so they are being destroyed.

  8. #6
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,302
    Threads
    30
    Reputation
    4689
    Rep Power
    65
    Likes (Given)
    226
    Likes (Received)
    732

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16 View Post
    i still have reservations and anger concerning answering that question considering you called them "wicked" gulen jamaat. but i feel obligated to reply. i am merely a sympathizer and skeptic at the same time. i feel bad for all the tens of thousands of journalists, professors, doctors, nurses, teachers, union workers, writers, businessmen who have to endure erdogan's purge and get arrested and tortured, and i hate erdogan's guts for it, and i dont believe gulen jamaat was ever a terror organization, nor do i believe the 17 25 operations were a coup, nor do i believe the MIT crisis of 2014 was a coup, nor do I believe fethullah gulen carried out the 2016 coup, nor do i believe they are a sadistic cult that "tells its members who to marry, what to do to the minutest detail, etc." however, i feel that gulen jamaat should not have entered politics per ustad (Bediuzzaman said nursi)'s warning, I believe some of their religious beliefs are flawed, I believe they venerate Fethullah Gulen too much, nonetheless I feel as if the purges going on are not a punishment from Allah but rather a cleasning process and a test from Allah, and I respect many aspects of Hizmet, however I do not attend any of their events, although I would marry a Gulen jamaat member.

    I also dont believe they stole university entrance exam questions

    or if they did, it was the insincere ones who later defected @anatolian

    aw, forget m earlier reply, yes, i am, and proud of it.....i dont believe the 17 25 operations were a coup, i dont believe the 2014 MIT crisis was a coup, I dont believe the 2016 coup was carried out by fethullah gulen, i dont believe they are a cult, i dont believe they are told by abis and ablas who to marry and what to do to the minutest detail and abused, etc. i feel sorry for the victims of erdogans purge.........i feel that gulenism has been the target of a smear campaign and a witch hunt, and i dont believe they are a parallel state, and i feel they are one of the most charitable faces of islam around, and mos idealistic and i believe their goals are honorable...i dont believe they want to take over the world, i believe they want charity and peaceful coexistence, and have been the victims of themselves being ahead of their time in their own land.......ahead of their people.......they tried to warn their people, and got brutally assaulted for it.....because thats what happens to all warners including the Prophets (peace be Upon them All). we are not a parallel state.
    It was a just a question that I was interested to know bro. You have a very deep anger towards Erdo and AKP considering them unjust and cruel. So you also do not believe your Gülen jamaat did all the same things Erdo and AKP are now doing? You do not believe they made fake coup attempt accusations on Kemalist soldiers, statesmen ,politicians and journalists with fake evidences with the so called names of "Erkenekon" and "Balyoz" to eliminate them and replace them with their Gülenist ones? Some of these people were sick and died in the prisons for nothing. You also do not believe they did all these things together with Erdo and AKP for ten years 2003-2013 until they fell to each other in 2013?

    You know there is a saying in Turkish "Ne ekersen onu biçersin/you harvest what you sow"..This is called divine justice and Fethullah Gülen and his criminal members are just facing this. Ofcourse they have good and sincere ones like you and Erdo's fight with all members who did not even commit any crime is cruel and unjust but you need to see Allah's plan in the greater map. There is no diffreence between Feto and Erdo..
    1 | Likes Mustafa16 liked this post
    Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    If you have broken a heart, what you offer is not Salah..

  9. #7
    beleiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Jedi
    Posts
    82
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    69
    Rep Power
    7
    Likes (Given)
    94
    Likes (Received)
    43

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quick question, Are we commanded to obey rulers while Allah wages war against them?

  10. #8
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,729
    Threads
    182
    Reputation
    16600
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    511
    Likes (Received)
    1364

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Yes, you have to obey your ruler.
    Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Allah (swt) knows best

  11. #9
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,199
    Threads
    400
    Reputation
    2217
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    457
    Likes (Received)
    309

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    It was a just a question that I was interested to know bro. You have a very deep anger towards Erdo and AKP considering them unjust and cruel. So you also do not believe your Gülen jamaat did all the same things Erdo and AKP are now doing? You do not believe they made fake coup attempt accusations on Kemalist soldiers, statesmen ,politicians and journalists with fake evidences with the so called names of "Erkenekon" and "Balyoz" to eliminate them and replace them with their Gülenist ones? Some of these people were sick and died in the prisons for nothing. You also do not believe they did all these things together with Erdo and AKP for ten years 2003-2013 until they fell to each other in 2013?

    You know there is a saying in Turkish "Ne ekersen onu biçersin/you harvest what you sow"..This is called divine justice and Fethullah Gülen and his criminal members are just facing this. Ofcourse they have good and sincere ones like you and Erdo's fight with all members who did not even commit any crime is cruel and unjust but you need to see Allah's plan in the greater map. There is no diffreence between Feto and Erdo..
    true, perhaps it is a punishment from Allah.

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    JustTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    59
    Threads
    11
    Reputation
    14
    Rep Power
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    One must obey Allah, but If one has the power he will be the new ruler. But if you don't have the power, obey and you will live longer. Look what's happening in Syria. The rebels might be right, but they lack the power so they are being destroyed.
    What you just said shows a fundamental problem with understanding of Islam, "They lack power" Allah is with the Moumineen not the Mushrikin and Nusayris they may have planes and numbers but they lack faith and justice they will lose no matter what.

  14. #11
    Mustafa16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,199
    Threads
    400
    Reputation
    2217
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    457
    Likes (Received)
    309

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustTime View Post
    What you just said shows a fundamental problem with understanding of Islam, "They lack power" Allah is with the Moumineen not the Mushrikin and Nusayris they may have planes and numbers but they lack faith and justice they will lose no matter what.
    I recall reading an Islamic website that said it was prophesized Muslims would lose against Assad (Sunnis said this) the sufyani but the mahdi would emerge anyway

  15. #12
    JustTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    59
    Threads
    11
    Reputation
    14
    Rep Power
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16 View Post
    I recall reading an Islamic website that said it was prophesized Muslims would lose against Assad (Sunnis said this) the sufyani but the mahdi would emerge anyway
    No, Allah would never allow the Muslims to lose no matter what in such a sacred land, victory isn't measured by strength, land, or weapons it is measured by Allah. The believers will be victorious after a series of trials then Jesus will ascend in the Masjid of Damascus with the White Minaret and lead the believers.

  16. #13
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Antipodes
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,235
    Threads
    13
    Reputation
    1466
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    65
    Likes (Received)
    193

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustTime View Post
    What you just said shows a fundamental problem with understanding of Islam, "They lack power" Allah is with the Moumineen not the Mushrikin and Nusayris they may have planes and numbers but they lack faith and justice they will lose no matter what.
    Allah is the judge to which side is righteous. There is so much propaganda and lies in the media that I wouldn't have a clue who are the goodies and baddies. Probably both sides are baddies. One thing I do know is that the real goodies only win in fairy tales. And of course the victorious are always the goodies because they write the history of how good they are. Maybe all this war and slaughter is Gods will because we do have limited space and resources on this planet. I do have a theory, it might be crazy, but maybe the plants release some kind of drug into the atmosphere to drive people mad and they kill each other, so the plants are replenished with blood and bone as fertilizer.

  17. #14
    Misbah-Abd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Florida
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    125
    Threads
    2
    Reputation
    223
    Rep Power
    1
    Likes (Given)
    29
    Likes (Received)
    58

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    The only ones that do win on the battlefield are the Mujahadeen. They never lose because if they die they are shaheeds and if they win on the battlefield they help to establish the law of Allah on earth and get tremendous rewards for that. And Allah Knows Best.

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,729
    Threads
    182
    Reputation
    16600
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    511
    Likes (Received)
    1364

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    One must obey Allah, but If one has the power he will be the new ruler. But if you don't have the power, obey and you will live longer. Look what's happening in Syria. The rebels might be right, but they lack the power so they are being destroyed.
    Power is essential to win the fight though but one simple point you are missing to ponder is the manhaj as defined for seeking divine help in war which probably rebels are missing.
    Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Allah (swt) knows best

  20. #16
    JustTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    59
    Threads
    11
    Reputation
    14
    Rep Power
    2
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    9

    Re: Is obeying rulers required in Islam?

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Allah is the judge to which side is righteous. There is so much propaganda and lies in the media that I wouldn't have a clue who are the goodies and baddies. Probably both sides are baddies. One thing I do know is that the real goodies only win in fairy tales. And of course the victorious are always the goodies because they write the history of how good they are. Maybe all this war and slaughter is Gods will because we do have limited space and resources on this planet. I do have a theory, it might be crazy, but maybe the plants release some kind of drug into the atmosphere to drive people mad and they kill each other, so the plants are replenished with blood and bone as fertilizer.
    You have been poisoned by the lies of Shaytan and the propagators of the Dajjal that's what they want you to think.

    You should be ashamed of yourself for posting such ignorant things, Wallahi there is nothing I can't stand more than the excuse that some propagandist is more powerful than one's own Fitra that Allah created. And there is nothing I hate more than a lying conspiracy theorist who's own soul has betrayed him against Islam.

    You should be ashamed Wallahi learn about Islam read the Quran and Hadiths stop listening to lying Christians and disbelievers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa16 View Post
    I recall reading an Islamic website that said it was prophesized Muslims would lose against Assad (Sunnis said this) the sufyani but the mahdi would emerge anyway
    To elaborate further on my previous comment, firstly the "Sufyani" is not something every scholar or Muslim from Ahlus Sunnah believes in, I for one do but there is no consensus about the Sufyani there are other Hadiths and prophecies of a man with similar characteristics and doing similar crimes but he isn't generally mentioned by name. And yes the Muslims who fight him for a certain time will be defeated whilst fighting one another but the Prophet said both groups fighting are Muslim.

    But in a later time Jesus will ascend in Damascus and lead the Muslims to total victory over the world, so in this sense indeed the Muslims will be victorious but only with patience.
    Last edited by JustTime; 14 Minutes Ago at 01:28 AM.

Hey there! Is obeying rulers required in Islam? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is obeying rulers required in Islam?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Limits of obeying parents in Islam
    By anonymous in forum Family & Society
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2017, 05:52 PM
  2. In Islam are Married Couples required to procreate ?
    By truthseeker63 in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 10:58 AM
  3. why are only women required to cover in islam?
    By roohani.doctor in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 07:05 PM
  4. Islam and Rulers
    By Islamic_warrior in forum Clarifications about Islam
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-24-2007, 06:05 PM
  5. What Does Obeying The Parents Mean?
    By shible in forum Manners and Purification of the Soul
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create