× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 7 of 7 visibility 2136

Need your duas please

  1. #1
    AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    5,732
    Threads
    1233
    Rep Power
    116
    Rep Ratio
    4
    Likes Ratio
    1

    Exclamation Need your duas please

    Report bad ads?

    My little brother is going through a terrible time right now. He has had a mental breakdown. We've taken him to the doctor and from observing his behavior these past 3 weeks we've concluded that he has PMD (psychotic major depression). It's been really tough on our family and right now he is staying in a terrible hospital, his room is dark and depressing and I'm sure he doesn't get the proper treatment that he would get at home. I'm requesting everyone here to pray for a quick recovery. Jazakallah.
    chat Quote

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,790
    Threads
    57
    Rep Power
    100
    Rep Ratio
    58
    Likes Ratio
    1

    Re: Need your duas please



    will keep your brother in my duas but i honestly think some dark mental hospital is not the best place for him as the statistics have shown the suicide rate is high and as soon as they leave those places its like they are more messed up then when they were going in that is because they are surrounded by other more seriously ill mental patients.

    if a person like you or me were taken to some run down orphanage and saw other kids acting weird after sometime we would copy their behaviour and we would be no better off so its the same thing and i am also talking from experience who has gone through this with a family member thats why nurses have only a 3hour shift per day only in most countries, they are not allowed to work any more then that for mental health reasons..

    so my advice to you is take him out because what he needs is to be around family and SANE people, i would also advise to get more tests done.
    Need your duas please

    ae8iug 1 - Need your duas please


    wwwislamicboardcom - Need your duas please
    chat Quote

  4. #3
    AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    5,732
    Threads
    1233
    Rep Power
    116
    Rep Ratio
    4
    Likes Ratio
    1

    Re: Need your duas please

    format_quote Originally Posted by cat eyes View Post


    will keep your brother in my duas but i honestly think some dark mental hospital is not the best place for him as the statistics have shown the suicide rate is high and as soon as they leave those places its like they are more messed up then when they were going in that is because they are surrounded by other more seriously ill mental patients.

    if a person like you or me were taken to some run down orphanage and saw other kids acting weird after sometime we would copy their behaviour and we would be no better off so its the same thing and i am also talking from experience who has gone through this with a family member thats why nurses have only a 3hour shift per day only in most countries, they are not allowed to work any more then that for mental health reasons..

    so my advice to you is take him out because what he needs is to be around family and SANE people, i would also advise to get more tests done.
    Thank you for replying. Yes we are going to take him out of the hospital as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure that he has PMD (psychotic major depression). We will regularly be taking him to our psychiatrist. Also if I may I would like to give some advice families who have to deal with a psychotic family member. I strongly advise giving them fish oil tablets or capsules regularly. It has been proven to be effective in people dealing with depression and psychosis. Here is but one link about the importance of fish oil in early recovery from psychosis. http://tc.oyh.org.au/media/releases/rel18032008
    Jazakallah for the duas.
    chat Quote

  5. #4
    Salahudeen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,043
    Threads
    167
    Rep Power
    112
    Rep Ratio
    109
    Likes Ratio
    17

    Re: Need your duas please

    When someone close to me sufferred from schizophrenia it turned out to be a jinn. it I'm not saying that it is that, but may be worth getting checked out.
    Need your duas please

    “Who said that guidance requires there to be someone accompanying you"
    chat Quote

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Posts
    5,732
    Threads
    1233
    Rep Power
    116
    Rep Ratio
    4
    Likes Ratio
    1

    Re: Need your duas please

    format_quote Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
    When someone close to me sufferred from schizophrenia it turned out to be a jinn. it I'm not saying that it is that, but may be worth getting checked out.
    No brother we're pretty sure it is not black magic, evil eye, or a jinn. We recited Al-Fatiha, Ayatul Kursi, and Surah Al Falaq and An Nas over him and he still has not gotten better.
    chat Quote

  8. #6
    ژاله's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,829
    Threads
    4
    Rep Power
    117
    Rep Ratio
    96
    Likes Ratio
    2

    Re: Need your duas please

    may Allah grant him complete shifaa Ameen.
    chat Quote

  9. #7
    cat eyes's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,790
    Threads
    57
    Rep Power
    100
    Rep Ratio
    58
    Likes Ratio
    1

    Re: Need your duas please

    format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender View Post
    Thank you for replying. Yes we are going to take him out of the hospital as soon as possible. I'm pretty sure that he has PMD (psychotic major depression). We will regularly be taking him to our psychiatrist. Also if I may I would like to give some advice families who have to deal with a psychotic family member. I strongly advise giving them fish oil tablets or capsules regularly. It has been proven to be effective in people dealing with depression and psychosis. Here is but one link about the importance of fish oil in early recovery from psychosis. http://tc.oyh.org.au/media/releases/rel18032008
    Jazakallah for the duas.
    yeah i had heard fish oil is really good and eating fish up to 4times a week but people have tried everything when it comes to all kinds of depression is definatly some type of imbalance in the brain that can not be so easily fixed with a pill of vitamins. what usually causes our bodies to go into major melt down is having daily stress through out our life, your brain can only take so much. scientists are still only finding new things out about how our brain works. i hope inshallaah your brother pulls out of this Ameen
    Need your duas please

    ae8iug 1 - Need your duas please


    wwwislamicboardcom - Need your duas please
    chat Quote


  10. Hide
Hey there! Need your duas please Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Need your duas please
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. The finest duas for Ramadan 'Ramadan Duas'
    By ayesha.ansari in forum Qur'an
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2013, 07:15 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-11-2011, 03:46 PM
  3. Duas please
    By Lonely Gal in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 10:05 AM
  4. Do u know the DUAS??!
    By ishkabab in forum Worship in Islam
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 12:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create