× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Hardships

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: Hardships

  1. #1
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Hardships

    Report bad ads?

    How often do really hard hardships happen I just want one to happen to me because the last one I failed and also if allah doesn't send one your way for a while it's a sign he doesn't love you plus it expiates sins and gives good deeds I really want a hardship tbh

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,870
    Threads
    177
    Reputation
    45574
    Rep Power
    102
    Likes (Given)
    984
    Likes (Received)
    2131

    Re: Hardships

    Assalamu ALaikum

    Bro you should embrace what Allah has given you. Even when things are going good, it's a test because how often do we thank Allah or use our good health and free time to worship Him?

    You shouldn't desire a hardship because you never know if you will be able to tolerate it. Imagine if you wake up tomorrow to find your parents have died Allah forbid. Is that a hardship you'd want to endure? What about if you caught an incurable and painful illness? Or were stricken with great poverty? These types of hardships can easily make your sincere worship nonexistant, especially if you are in a vulnerable state where shaytan will work hard to separate you from your faith. Instead, use the blessings you have to thank Allah and do more worship while you can. The fact that you don't have any boundaries between you and your worship is a great thing. There are many other ways that our sins can be expiated.

    This reminds of me of a saying:


    A man came to Al-Hasan Al-Basri and said:

    “I heard you say that if you commit sins, then Allah prevents you from things. I do all the sins that you can think of and don’t do many good deeds. I have a beautiful wife and beautiful kids and a lot of money and land and I am successful. Allah did not prevent me from anything. How is it that you say that because of sins Allah prevents you?”


    Al-Basri replied:

    “Do you pray qiyamul-layl? Do you enjoy your du’a? Do you enjoy your ṣalah? That is enough prevention--that He prevented you from communicating with Him.”


    ALhemdulilah Allah has not deserted you, so consider it an advantage to become even stronger in your worship and faith inshallah.
    2 | Likes LaSorcia, Simple_Person liked this post
    Hardships

    Al-Hârith b. Qays – Allah have mercy on him – said:

    When intending to do something good, do not delay it until tomorrow.
    When involved in something to do with the hereafter, keep yourself involved as long as you can.
    When involved in some worldly matter, put your mind to it (so as to get it done).
    And if you are praying and Shaytân whispers, ‘You are showing off,’ then make your prayer even longer.

    [Ibn Al-Mubârak in Al-Zuhd wa Al-Rqâ’iq Vol.1 p126]

  4. #3
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hardships

    Quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Assalamu ALaikum

    Bro you should embrace what Allah has given you. Even when things are going good, it's a test because how often do we thank Allah or use our good health and free time to worship Him?

    You shouldn't desire a hardship because you never know if you will be able to tolerate it. Imagine if you wake up tomorrow to find your parents have died Allah forbid. Is that a hardship you'd want to endure? What about if you caught an incurable and painful illness? Or were stricken with great poverty? These types of hardships can easily make your sincere worship nonexistant, especially if you are in a vulnerable state where shaytan will work hard to separate you from your faith. Instead, use the blessings you have to thank Allah and do more worship while you can. The fact that you don't have any boundaries between you and your worship is a great thing. There are many other ways that our sins can be expiated.

    This reminds of me of a saying:


    A man came to Al-Hasan Al-Basri and said:

    “I heard you say that if you commit sins, then Allah prevents you from things. I do all the sins that you can think of and don’t do many good deeds. I have a beautiful wife and beautiful kids and a lot of money and land and I am successful. Allah did not prevent me from anything. How is it that you say that because of sins Allah prevents you?”


    Al-Basri replied:

    “Do you pray qiyamul-layl? Do you enjoy your du’a? Do you enjoy your ṣalah? That is enough prevention--that He prevented you from communicating with Him.”


    ALhemdulilah Allah has not deserted you, so consider it an advantage to become even stronger in your worship and faith inshallah.
    Yea but I failed my last difficult hardship and I just want to show allah I can pass the next one

  5. #4
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,870
    Threads
    177
    Reputation
    45574
    Rep Power
    102
    Likes (Given)
    984
    Likes (Received)
    2131

    Re: Hardships

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23 View Post
    Yea but I failed my last difficult hardship and I just want to show allah I can pass the next one
    If you committed a sin, then you repent by making better choices, not repeating the sin, and praising ALlah and praying for forgiveness.
    1 | Likes Simple_Person liked this post
    Hardships

    Al-Hârith b. Qays – Allah have mercy on him – said:

    When intending to do something good, do not delay it until tomorrow.
    When involved in something to do with the hereafter, keep yourself involved as long as you can.
    When involved in some worldly matter, put your mind to it (so as to get it done).
    And if you are praying and Shaytân whispers, ‘You are showing off,’ then make your prayer even longer.

    [Ibn Al-Mubârak in Al-Zuhd wa Al-Rqâ’iq Vol.1 p126]

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hardships

    Plus allah doesn't put a hardship on one that cannot bear it so as long as I can bear it I don't really care because the reward after will be better

  8. #6
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hardships

    Plus my dad barley even cares about me and then my moms pretty much hates me but she acts like she doesn't so really id only care if my dad died and I wouldn't end up sad for a entire year I'd get over it after a week or two possibly more a month max but that's lest likely plus I feel like I can deal with deaths easily I'd just think oh I'll just try to meet up him/her in jannah that's what I think about my cat when I realize it's gonna die soon I only feel sympathy for it's pain and then like sickened upon me i mean sure I don't like pain but I don't really care if I'm gonna die infact I'd like to so I can meet up with allah then there's poverty for me I think that would be the hardest considering I've lived in a big house and all that stuff but I don't really care about money tbh I don't have any dunya wants except for getting married young so yea I mean being in poverty would mean no food which I don't like that at all and no company bymyself in a house I wouldn't like that at all either and no marriage at a young age and I'd hate that too so that's really the only trial that would get to me and still I think I'd be able to get through it sure it would be hard but I mean inlahi wu ini ragon doesn't really matter in the end now does it? I'm not disrespecting anyone going through hardship btw I feel for ya I just want to get closer to allah and what better way then a trial? As many mufti menk talks about it it's like medicine I may not like it but I need it

  9. #7
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,870
    Threads
    177
    Reputation
    45574
    Rep Power
    102
    Likes (Given)
    984
    Likes (Received)
    2131

    Re: Hardships

    But you're essentially making dua against yourself/ family rather than asking for the best affairs. I mean if you experienced a hardship what does that mean? It means you are put in a position where you have to make dua, be patient, and pray and be an overall better muslim. You can do that without having difficulties placed in your direction. Asking for hardship is not the way of the sunnah. You are not perfect so the hardships that will come to you is when you want to be better.. like go learn quran..not being able to memorize is a hardship. Go study arabic...support a charity. Do something to make iman better and you will find hardships facing you, but domt request them out of the blue because that is asking for your demise.
    Hardships

    Al-Hârith b. Qays – Allah have mercy on him – said:

    When intending to do something good, do not delay it until tomorrow.
    When involved in something to do with the hereafter, keep yourself involved as long as you can.
    When involved in some worldly matter, put your mind to it (so as to get it done).
    And if you are praying and Shaytân whispers, ‘You are showing off,’ then make your prayer even longer.

    [Ibn Al-Mubârak in Al-Zuhd wa Al-Rqâ’iq Vol.1 p126]

  10. #8
    *charisma*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,870
    Threads
    177
    Reputation
    45574
    Rep Power
    102
    Likes (Given)
    984
    Likes (Received)
    2131

    Re: Hardships

    Well from what you said..dont you think the issues you have with your parents is a trial? No one should feel that way toward their parents so dont you think its something you are being tested with and should try to fix?
    Hardships

    Al-Hârith b. Qays – Allah have mercy on him – said:

    When intending to do something good, do not delay it until tomorrow.
    When involved in something to do with the hereafter, keep yourself involved as long as you can.
    When involved in some worldly matter, put your mind to it (so as to get it done).
    And if you are praying and Shaytân whispers, ‘You are showing off,’ then make your prayer even longer.

    [Ibn Al-Mubârak in Al-Zuhd wa Al-Rqâ’iq Vol.1 p126]

  11. #9
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hardships

    Quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    But you're essentially making dua against yourself/ family rather than asking for the best affairs. I mean if you experienced a hardship what does that mean? It means you are put in a position where you have to make dua, be patient, and pray and be an overall better muslim. You can do that without having difficulties placed in your direction. Asking for hardship is not the way of the sunnah. You are not perfect so the hardships that will come to you is when you want to be better.. like go learn quran..not being able to memorize is a hardship. Go study arabic...support a charity. Do something to make iman better and you will find hardships facing you, but domt request them out of the blue because that is asking for your demise.
    What Demise is there other then being a khufarr as far as the Hadith talks about it hard ship is probwbly one of the things that will help you out most on judgement day there's a Hadith talking about how it's like smelting gold to remove the impuritys you hit two birds with one stone one you earn a ton of good deeds and cleanse your heart and 2 you become closer to allah the only problem with a hardship is dunya and look at rasoolallah he had the most hardships out of everyone who ever lived trial after trial after trial and he was also the best so is there really a problem with wanting to be like him and the more trials you get the more allah loves you unless it's a punishment one trial could be the only reason why you enter jannah you know I know trial is hard but that doesn't mean i shouldn't be up for a challenge in this way I can prove to god that I want to be on his deen the only trial I've had I wasn't even a Muslim technically a kufar since I mocked basically all religions with my friends so that out me outside the fold of Islam and I didn't pray so this means the next trial will be the only trial I've gone through as a muslim and is a way to show to god that I'm willing to stay on his path ya know prove myself this world is a test should I not take the hardest test if I fail it there's no consequences I just repent and if I succeed then I get a big reward

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hardships

    Quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Well from what you said..dont you think the issues you have with your parents is a trial? No one should feel that way toward their parents so dont you think its something you are being tested with and should try to fix?
    I can't fix nothing with my mom that's impossible she literally hates everyone but hides it but it comes out of her and you can see her hatred i adapted to it when I was young I basically don't even care she was actually my last trial basically but then my dad idk me and my dad talk somtimes but it's not like we have a bond or anything and he mostly has a negative attitude to everything and backbite a so I don't like sitting with him because all he does is complain about everything including me not really a trial I've adapted to it since I was a kid

  14. #11
    Umm♥Layth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Starship Enterprise
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    409
    Threads
    6
    Reputation
    3650
    Rep Power
    6
    Likes (Given)
    197
    Likes (Received)
    647

    Re: Hardships

    Oh, you don't want hardship,believe me. Some days I feel like I am drowning and can't catch a break for some air. I miss the days where tribulation was mild and I regret not being grateful enough during those times. To think that others have it even worse. It makes me feel like a weakling.

    When it rains, it pours so you better take this time and become strong, because hardship WILL SHAKE YOUR FAITH. Something you can't even imagine.

  15. #12
    ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,357
    Threads
    152
    Reputation
    50449
    Rep Power
    87
    Likes (Given)
    2765
    Likes (Received)
    4634

    Re: Hardships

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23 View Post
    Yea but I failed my last difficult hardship and I just want to show allah I can pass the next one
    Assalamualaikum, young brother.

    Your life is easier than those who live in poverty, those who live with disabilities, those who lost their families and homes in war or disaster. So, instead of be grateful with what Allah has given to you, why you expect Allah give hardship to you?.

    We are being tested in various different ways. There are those who tested with poverty. There are who tested with life pleasure, like you. You live in family with good financial condition. You can go to school, you can enjoy your youth life, foods always available for you. But don't you know that these pleasure actually is a test?. The test is, can you be grateful with what Allah has given to you?. And if instead of be grateful you expect a hardship, it's mean you have failed in this test.

    Young bro, don't say "I just want to show allah I can pass the next one" because this is the attitude of takabur, or "an arrogance which you are proud that you can do anything". No, no, this is not a good attitude.

    Be grateful with what Allah has given to you. Okay?.
    2 | Likes Serinity, LaSorcia liked this post

  16. #13
    Serinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,835
    Threads
    68
    Reputation
    10779
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    1150
    Likes (Received)
    2251

    Re: Hardships



    There is a test like poverty, the death of a loved one, etc. This requires trust in Allah and patience.

    Another is wealth, ease, pleasure, financially stable, everything is just easy, etc.

    Be grateful, and thank Allah - BE GRATEFUL.

    Allahu alam.
    Hardships

    Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

    Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

  17. #14
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Hardships

    Quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    Assalamualaikum, young brother.

    Your life is easier than those who live in poverty, those who live with disabilities, those who lost their families and homes in war or disaster. So, instead of be grateful with what Allah has given to you, why you expect Allah give hardship to you?.

    We are being tested in various different ways. There are those who tested with poverty. There are who tested with life pleasure, like you. You live in family with good financial condition. You can go to school, you can enjoy your youth life, foods always available for you. But don't you know that these pleasure actually is a test?. The test is, can you be grateful with what Allah has given to you?. And if instead of be grateful you expect a hardship, it's mean you have failed in this test.

    Young bro, don't say "I just want to show allah I can pass the next one" because this is the attitude of takabur, or "an arrogance which you are proud that you can do anything". No, no, this is not a good attitude.

    Be grateful with what Allah has given to you. Okay?.
    How is it arrogant to want to be worth more then I am currently worth to allah it's not that I'm not greatful it's just that I want somthing taken away to show that I don't care and I'll worship him either way but everyone here says it's bad to want this from my view it seems fine since you can get the best reward that way I don't care if it's difficult I care about if it's rewarding whys it matter this world is nothing compared to what people will endure in the hell fire so if souls are going to be going through that then I should be willing to go through the most pain here to save myself from the pain there dunya luxury won't last I've never cared for money I want to be in a state that's best for my relation ship with allah that's best for me in this world and the next and that relation is trial because I'll be forced to get up and stop procrastinating and then I'll also be getting good deeds every day without trying all id have to do is practice sabr should we all be asking for more trial to get more think about t the more dunya you throw away the more it mulitiplies in the akhira hardship is hard and I don't disrespect the people that go through it
    Last edited by Bobbyflay23; 05-19-2017 at 11:45 PM.

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    LaSorcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    487
    Threads
    39
    Reputation
    4554
    Rep Power
    14
    Likes (Given)
    892
    Likes (Received)
    659

    Re: Hardships

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23 View Post
    Yea but I failed my last difficult hardship and I just want to show allah I can pass the next one
    All of life in the dunya is a hardship, so you don't need to wish for one. Whether our circumstances are making us happy or causing us grief, it is all a trial. As sister Charisma said, we need to make the most of positive circumstances to strengthen our iman. The older I get, the more I realize that this is not easy to do.

    Yes, we all make mistakes when hardships come our way. Many who have weak iman call on God when circumstances are difficult, but forget to thank and praise him when they are good. The hardship in good circumstances is to continually seek God as if your circumstances were difficult. That is my dua, that I always live and seek God as if I desperately need His help... because I always do whether I realize it or not.
    3 | Likes Bobbyflay23, YahyaAE, ardianto liked this post

  20. #16
    LaSorcia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    487
    Threads
    39
    Reputation
    4554
    Rep Power
    14
    Likes (Given)
    892
    Likes (Received)
    659

    Re: Hardships

    I'd also like to add, that even during hardships, when we fail, we realize how weak we are and how much we need God/Allah. That is a beautiful grace.

  21. #17
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hardships

    Quote Originally Posted by LaSorcia View Post
    I'd also like to add, that even during hardships, when we fail, we realize how weak we are and how much we need God/Allah. That is a beautiful grace.
    THATS ONE OF THE REASONS I WANT A TRIAL because I'm too lazy I'll say okay today Ima go do some nawafil and then I'll get home and play PlayStation all day

  22. #18
    Alpha Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,918
    Threads
    46
    Reputation
    191360
    Rep Power
    168
    Likes (Given)
    1018
    Likes (Received)
    1218

    Re: Hardships

    It's understandable why you feel this way and may Allah reward your intention. Aameen.

    Do realize though, that iman is a treasure. It is something that will decide whether we go to hell or heaven. It is for this reason, that Prophet Sallalahu Alaihe Wassalam told us to flee from dajjal. He will mislead and end up nullifying a person's iman, even though that person will go to him thinking he has strong enough iman to not be taken in by dajjal.

    Dajjal will be an immense test for the believers. Some hardships can also end up being severe enough to cause a person's iman to be in danger.

    You seem kind of young so perhaps you don't realise the true nature of what you are asking upon yourself. You may think of hardships as perhaps temporary things, e.g. your mum or dad dying and then you go on with your life after 'showing patience'. In fact, Allah knows you better than you know yourself. Since you feel the death of your parents will not affect you that much, then your request for hardship from Allah will probably come in other forms that will in fact cause you some kind of suffering.

    Iman fluctuates. This is a fact that cannot be denied. If it remained strong all the time, we would be shaking hands with the angels. So, it is silly to ask for hardship while you may be feeling strong right now. Come later, when your iman feels lower and you are being severely test, who is to say you will remain patient enough?

    Imagine tomorrow your hand or leg gets chopped off and you have to live the rest of your life without the use of your limb. Or you get given a long term illness that debilitates you for life. Or you get thrown into jail for many years where you get beaten by all the other inmates on a regular occasion or you marry someone you love and she ends up having an affair which you find out years after you have married her and have had kids with her. Etc. There are many such evil fates that can happen to you. Point is, it is easy to assume when you have hard temporary hardship that you feel you can be strong enough and patient enough to handle but when Allah really tests a person for years on end without an end in sight? That is when you need a rock solid connection with Allah otherwise you will lose all hope in Allah's help and mercy and even end up losing your faith in him.

    I can't fix nothing with my mom that's impossible she literally hates everyone but hide
    Make no mistake about it, the biggest strength in those times of hardship will be your connection with Allah and your firm belief in him. When you make dua, you have to believe it will be accepted and you have to have a positive belief that all things are under his control and he can do anything. In fact, you are not there yet. You already mentioned that you have a problem with your mother but feel that for her to change is impossible. Really? How can it be impossible when Allah has everything under his control? Don't you have faith in your own dua and Allah's ability? If that is the case now, how will you possibly face other extreme hardships and come out with your iman in tact?

    Yeah, no. Don't do it. Ask Allah for goodness and patience and try to develop a convinced connection and belief in him.

  23. #19
    YahyaAE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Ajman UAE
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    68
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    402
    Rep Power
    5
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    39

    Re: Hardships

    Bro.... Dont. Make. Bad. Duas.

    The point of hardships is that its a test. And tests come in many different forms. Allah doesnt give hardships just for fun. He loves you regardless. Just know that if you are not being tested with hardship, then you need to be thankful... But beware and trust me on this, you are being tested in other ways.

    And once again I repeat. Don't. Make. Bad. Duas. You don't want to be afflicted with something difficult in this life again.
    Hardships

    BE INSPIRED | YOUTUBE.COM/C/YAYAMAN

  24. Report bad ads?
  25. #20
    Bobbyflay23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    507
    Threads
    41
    Reputation
    1029
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    313
    Likes (Received)
    140

    Re: Hardships

    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    It's understandable why you feel this way and may Allah reward your intention. Aameen.

    Do realize though, that iman is a treasure. It is something that will decide whether we go to hell or heaven. It is for this reason, that Prophet Sallalahu Alaihe Wassalam told us to flee from dajjal. He will mislead and end up nullifying a person's iman, even though that person will go to him thinking he has strong enough iman to not be taken in by dajjal.

    Dajjal will be an immense test for the believers. Some hardships can also end up being severe enough to cause a person's iman to be in danger.

    You seem kind of young so perhaps you don't realise the true nature of what you are asking upon yourself. You may think of hardships as perhaps temporary things, e.g. your mum or dad dying and then you go on with your life after 'showing patience'. In fact, Allah knows you better than you know yourself. Since you feel the death of your parents will not affect you that much, then your request for hardship from Allah will probably come in other forms that will in fact cause you some kind of suffering.

    Iman fluctuates. This is a fact that cannot be denied. If it remained strong all the time, we would be shaking hands with the angels. So, it is silly to ask for hardship while you may be feeling strong right now. Come later, when your iman feels lower and you are being severely test, who is to say you will remain patient enough?

    Imagine tomorrow your hand or leg gets chopped off and you have to live the rest of your life without the use of your limb. Or you get given a long term illness that debilitates you for life. Or you get thrown into jail for many years where you get beaten by all the other inmates on a regular occasion or you marry someone you love and she ends up having an affair which you find out years after you have married her and have had kids with her. Etc. There are many such evil fates that can happen to you. Point is, it is easy to assume when you have hard temporary hardship that you feel you can be strong enough and patient enough to handle but when Allah really tests a person for years on end without an end in sight? That is when you need a rock solid connection with Allah otherwise you will lose all hope in Allah's help and mercy and even end up losing your faith in him.



    Make no mistake about it, the biggest strength in those times of hardship will be your connection with Allah and your firm belief in him. When you make dua, you have to believe it will be accepted and you have to have a positive belief that all things are under his control and he can do anything. In fact, you are not there yet. You already mentioned that you have a problem with your mother but feel that for her to change is impossible. Really? How can it be impossible when Allah has everything under his control? Don't you have faith in your own dua and Allah's ability? If that is the case now, how will you possibly face other extreme hardships and come out with your iman in tact?

    Yeah, no. Don't do it. Ask Allah for goodness and patience and try to develop a convinced connection and belief in him.
    I don't say it's impossible because I hate her or something it's just literally impossible she's very manipulative and hypocritical in every situation and then will call you arrogant when I'll talk to her nice and she's actually the one being arrogant and all this stuff I can't explain everything in this thread but it doesn't matter because I don't really care I've just seen her in my life like ounce in a while like rarly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Hey there! Hardships Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hardships
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Family hardships
    By Aaqib in forum Family & Society
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2016, 01:35 PM
  2. Are You Going Through Hardships In Life?
    By Misz_Muslimah in forum Islamic Multimedia
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 08:49 PM
  3. Hardships and the Path to God
    By tw009 in forum Islamic Multimedia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 06:00 PM
  4. Hardships in your Life.
    By _PakistaN_ in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-15-2009, 08:02 AM
  5. Hardships and imaan
    By AnonymousPoster in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 04:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •