Wa-Alaikuma salam wa rahmatullah,
The assumption that you "deserve" certain job is already what is wrong with your mentality. You deserve NOTHING, Allah gives you what He wants to give you.
Let me give you certain why a person might not get a job.
- You feel as if you are entitled to have certain job/things. You are entitled to NOTHING..always keep that in mind.
- Allah does not give you certain job, because it might be harmful to you (ie. causes you to be lazy or forgetful of your REAL duties (worship), or lose your deen all together because of the people working there)
- Allah does not give you a certain job, as maybe he wants more praise from you towards him (ie submission and acknowledgement).
- Allah does not give you a certain job, because it is a test how you would react if you would not get it. As some people would lose their faith all together. This again referring to point 1 of feeling ENTITLED to it.
- Allah does not give you a certain job, because He has something better for you.
Off course Allah knows best, but i would advice you to reflect more often and look on what categories do you lack in worship or character etc. I can guarantee you, there is always room for improvement on all sides. Also be patient.