× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Is this kufr

  1. #1
    innocent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    346
    Threads
    131
    Reputation
    730
    Rep Power
    68
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Is this kufr

    Report bad ads?

    If someone says the sentence containing the words " Not even Allah can change that". Have they committed kufr?

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    Misbah-Abd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Darul Kufr
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    495
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    767
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    311

    Re: Is this kufr

    That is major kufr. That person has to be explained why that is and for them to repent from that.
    Is this kufr

    "When a person sees the road as too long, he weakens in his walk." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

  4. #3
    azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,068
    Threads
    391
    Reputation
    23329
    Rep Power
    40
    Likes (Given)
    969
    Likes (Received)
    2439

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by innocent View Post
    If someone says the sentence containing the words " Not even Allah can change that". Have they committed kufr?
    Immediately, he must do tawba.
    | Likes cinnamonrolls1 liked this post

  5. #4
    cinnamonrolls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,157
    Threads
    57
    Reputation
    1796
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    1385
    Likes (Received)
    612

    Re: Is this kufr

    Well yes. God can change anything. The person would need to repent

  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    innocent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    346
    Threads
    131
    Reputation
    730
    Rep Power
    68
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1 View Post
    Well yes. God can change anything. The person would need to repent
    How exactly would he do this. Just make astaghfar or kaffarah or what? He doesn't pray.

  8. #6
    cinnamonrolls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,157
    Threads
    57
    Reputation
    1796
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    1385
    Likes (Received)
    612

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by innocent View Post
    How exactly would he do this. Just make astaghfar or kaffarah or what? He doesn't pray.
    Well he should probably start praying.

  9. #7
    Misbah-Abd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Darul Kufr
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    495
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    767
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    311

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by innocent View Post
    How exactly would he do this. Just make astaghfar or kaffarah or what? He doesn't pray.
    Abandoning prayer is itself kufr. He needs to rectify that right away.
    | Likes cinnamonrolls1 liked this post
    Is this kufr

    "When a person sees the road as too long, he weakens in his walk." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

  10. #8
    cinnamonrolls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,157
    Threads
    57
    Reputation
    1796
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    1385
    Likes (Received)
    612

    Re: Is this kufr

    Tell him to start praying, like now.

  11. #9
    innocent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    346
    Threads
    131
    Reputation
    730
    Rep Power
    68
    Likes (Given)
    7
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1 View Post
    Tell him to start praying, like now.
    He is well aware of the obligation if prayer. But chooses not to.

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    cinnamonrolls1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,157
    Threads
    57
    Reputation
    1796
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    1385
    Likes (Received)
    612

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by innocent View Post
    He is well aware of the obligation if prayer. But chooses not to.
    Well its his loss at the end of the day. So he feels bad about verbal kufr but not bad abt not praying...?

  14. #11
    Misbah-Abd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Darul Kufr
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    495
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    767
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    311

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by innocent View Post
    He is well aware of the obligation if prayer. But chooses not to.
    Iblis was well aware of his obligation to bow down to Adam but he chose not to. How did that work out for him?
    Is this kufr

    "When a person sees the road as too long, he weakens in his walk." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

  15. #12
    Grandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    192
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    1364
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    225

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by innocent View Post
    If someone says the sentence containing the words " Not even Allah can change that". Have they committed kufr?
    As-Salāmu ‘alaykum, sister.

    It seems to me that this depends on two things: The nature of the statement (and perhaps the context in which it is made); and the motive - or condition - of the person making it.

    If I were to say, for example, ‘The Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) through the Archangel Jibrīl (ʿalayhi as-salām), and not even Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) can change that fact’, then in order for my statement to be kufr it would:

    Have to be false; either in total, or in part; and

    I would have to know that it is false; or that it contains a falsehood; and

    I would then have to hide that knowledge by pretending that the statement is entirely true (in order to deceive another, for example).

    On the other hand:

    If the statement is entirely true, then it cannot be kufr; or

    If I sincerely believe (wrongly) that the statement is entirely true, and my intention is to convey my belief to another, then while I may be in error (and in need of correction from a more experienced, or learned Muslim) I am not a kafir; a non-believer.

    For the record: I believe that the statement: ‘The Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) through the Archangel Jibrīl (ʿalayhi as-salām), and not even Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) can change that fact' is entirely true.

    I stand to be corrected, of course.
    Last edited by Grandad; 03-28-2018 at 06:11 PM.
    Is this kufr

    'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

  16. #13
    Misbah-Abd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Darul Kufr
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    495
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    767
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    311

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandad View Post
    As-Salāmu ‘alaykum, sister.

    It seems to me that this depends on two things: The nature of the statement (and perhaps the context in which it is made); and the motive - or condition - of the person making it.

    If I were to say, for example, ‘The Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) through the Archangel Jibrīl (ʿalayhi as-salām), and not even Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) can change that’, then in order for my statement to be kufr it would:

    Have to be false; either in total, or in part; and

    I would have to know that it is false; or that it contains a falsehood; and

    I would then have to hide that knowledge by pretending that the statement is entirely true (in order to deceive another, for example).

    On the other hand:

    If the statement is entirely true, then it cannot be kufr; or

    If I sincerely believe (wrongly) that the statement is entirely true, and my intention is to convey my belief to another, then while I may be in error (and in need of correction from a more experienced, or learned Muslim) I am not a kafir; a non-believer.

    For the record: I believe that the statement: ‘The Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) through the Archangel Jibrīl (ʿalayhi as-salām), and not even Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) can change that’ is entirely true.

    I stand to be corrected, of course.
    Your example doesn't hold water. There was abrogation in the Quran when it was sent down through Jibreel to the Prophet and then some verses were taken back out. So Allah does change what He wants. This is well known among the scholars.

    https://islamqa.info/en/105746

    And Allah Knows Best
    Is this kufr

    "When a person sees the road as too long, he weakens in his walk." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

  17. #14
    Grandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    192
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    1364
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    225

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd View Post
    Your example doesn't hold water. There was abrogation in the Quran when it was sent down through Jibreel to the Prophet and then some verses were taken back out. So Allah does change what He wants. This is well known among the scholars.

    https://islamqa.info/en/105746

    And Allah Knows Best
    I was not referring to abrogation. I was referring to the fact that the Qur'an was sent down via Jibrīl (ʿalayhi as-salām).

    This is the fact that cannot be changed.

    Perhaps I should write more carefully!

    With this in mind, the statement now reads:

    The Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) through the Archangel Jibrīl (ʿalayhi as-salām), and not even Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) can change that fact'.
    Last edited by Grandad; 03-28-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    | Likes cinnamonrolls1 liked this post
    Is this kufr

    'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    Misbah-Abd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Darul Kufr
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    495
    Threads
    7
    Reputation
    767
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    120
    Likes (Received)
    311

    Re: Is this kufr

    I don't know. Would any heedful Muslim be comfortable even saying such a statement, "Not even Allah can change that fact" with the example that you have given. I don't feel comfortable about it.
    Is this kufr

    "When a person sees the road as too long, he weakens in his walk." - Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah

  20. #16
    AabiruSabeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,742
    Threads
    345
    Reputation
    119107
    Rep Power
    149
    Likes (Given)
    1249
    Likes (Received)
    3842

    Re: Is this kufr

    @Grandad , be careful with saying such statements. Allah spoke directly with Musa and He does not need anyone to send the revelation. I know you are speaking of an event that occurred in the past, but we still have to be careful with such statements.
    | Likes Grandad liked this post

  21. #17
    Grandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    192
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    1364
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    225

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel View Post
    @Grandad , be careful with saying such statements. Allah spoke directly with Musa and He does not need anyone to send the revelation. I know you are speaking of an event that occurred in the past, but we still have to be careful with such statements.
    As-Salāmu ‘alaykum, brother.

    Absolutely, and I have no argument with that. Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) does not depend on anyone, and needs no partners.


    My understanding, though, is that the Qur'an was revealed, in whole or in part, through Jibrīl (ʿalayhi as-salām). If my understanding is defective, then please put me on the correct path.


    If it is a fact that the Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) through the Archangel Jibrīl (ʿalayhi as-salām), then how can this fact become a fiction?

    If it is a fact that the Qur’an was revealed to the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) by Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) alone, then how can this fact become a fiction?
    | Likes cinnamonrolls1 liked this post
    Is this kufr

    'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

  22. #18
    AabiruSabeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,742
    Threads
    345
    Reputation
    119107
    Rep Power
    149
    Likes (Given)
    1249
    Likes (Received)
    3842

    Re: Is this kufr



    Of course, it is a fact. But when you say that Allah cannot change that fact, I have to disagree because, if Allah willed, He could have sent the revelation through any other angel or by directly speaking to the Prophet . Allah has the power to change a fact into another different fact. I hope you get what I mean.

  23. #19
    Grandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    192
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    1364
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    321
    Likes (Received)
    225

    Re: Is this kufr

    Quote Originally Posted by Misbah-Abd View Post
    I don't know. Would any heedful Muslim be comfortable even saying such a statement, "Not even Allah can change that fact" with the example that you have given. I don't feel comfortable about it.
    Just some thoughts:

    If it is true that Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) is Eternal, then how can He wish Himself out of existence?

    If it is true that He is Immutable, then how can He become a man (as certain Christians would have us believe)?

    If it is true that He is Omnipotent, then how can He be weak?

    If He is All-Knowing, then how can He be ignorant?

    If He can wish Himself out of existence, then He is not eternal.

    If He can become a man, then He is not immutable.

    If He can become weak, then He is not omnipotent.

    If He can become ignorant, then He is not All-Knowing.

    It is my absolute conviction that Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) is Eternal; is Immutable; is Omnipotent; is All-Knowing. All of these things (and more) are integral to His very nature; that which make Him unlike anything else. In what way can He act against His nature?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel View Post


    Of course, it is a fact. But when you say that Allah cannot change that fact, I have to disagree because, if Allah willed, He could have sent the revelation through any other angel or by directly speaking to the Prophet . Allah has the power to change a fact into another different fact. I hope you get what I mean.

    I think I get what you mean (and thank you for taking the time).

    I agree, Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) can choose anyway He wishes in order to reveal His truths, His message. But...when it came to the Qur'an He chose one particular way. That is the fact I refer to, and nothing else. It is what it is. It could easily have been done in a different way, but it wasn't.

    Some would have us believe that the Qur'an is a fabrication from beginning to end; a lie; a con; the work of Satan (you must have heard this drivel over the years). Muslims believe (you and I believe) that the Qur'an came from, and only from, Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla). Tell me, can it be any other way? Could He make it any other way?

    I believe it is not possible for Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) to do this; not because His power meets an obstacle, but because believing so is a nonsense. And nonsense remains nonsense even when we talk it about the Exalted.

    I must go now. Please may I talk with you again, in šāʾ Allāh.

    May Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) bless you and all your family, and bring you to Himself.

    By the way...I am NOT suggesting that you are talking nonsense!
    | Likes cinnamonrolls1 liked this post
    Is this kufr

    'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)


  24. Hide
Hey there! Is this kufr Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is this kufr
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Major Kufr, and Minor Kufr and when does it apply?
    By al-fateh in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-28-2017, 03:20 PM
  2. Not sure if i did kufr
    By ak0016 in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2017, 02:53 AM
  3. is this an act of kufr
    By Aishath in forum Aqeedah
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-10-2014, 11:37 AM
  4. Dar al Kufr
    By zanjabeela in forum General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 12:45 PM
  5. is this kufr?
    By anonymous in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-06-2006, 12:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create