× Register Login What's New! Contact us

The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful. [2:185]
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ameerkam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    290
    Threads
    199
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    20

    The Punishment of Minor Shirk

    Report bad ads?

    I know that if a person was praying and let’s say he stood up straighter when other people came in the room it would be minor shirk and the good deed of praying would be null because you intended the action of showing off that you were praying better

    If a person had done the deed sincerely and had not stood up straighter for other people but did it sincerely. However, later on he says to another person that he was praying to show off, would the deed still be null? As he talked about it after he did the deed.

    Jazzakallahu Khair
    | Likes Duas_Revival liked this post

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    ameerkam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    290
    Threads
    199
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Repentance from Minor Shirk

    If you repent from minor shirk, do you get your good deed back? Like if a person showed off reading Quran and then repented, would they get the deed of reading the Quran back?

  4. #3
    Ahmed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    170
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    105
    Rep Power
    68
    Likes (Given)
    373
    Likes (Received)
    99

    Re: Repentance from Minor Shirk

    Brother these questions of yours will just make your waswas more bad as you are 'feeding them'

    Just ignore these unusual and excessive questionings that come to mind and don't worry. We are all fallible and sins are forgiven with the ibadah we do on a daily basis so don't let the inadvertent sins bother you too much
    | Likes ameerkam, jameelash liked this post

  5. #4
    MazharShafiq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Pakistan
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    707
    Threads
    54
    Reputation
    957
    Rep Power
    17
    Likes (Given)
    66
    Likes (Received)
    170

    Re: Repentance from Minor Shirk

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed. View Post
    Brother these questions of yours will just make your waswas more bad as you are 'feeding them'

    Just ignore these unusual and excessive questionings that come to mind and don't worry. We are all fallible and sins are forgiven with the ibadah we do on a daily basis so don't let the inadvertent sins bother you too much
    yes I agreed with you it's may be from shaitaan to deal waswas.
    Repentance from Minor Shirk


  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Ahmed.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    London
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    170
    Threads
    3
    Reputation
    105
    Rep Power
    68
    Likes (Given)
    373
    Likes (Received)
    99

    Re: Repentance from Minor Shirk

    Quote Originally Posted by MazharShafiq View Post
    yes I agreed with you it's may be from shaitaan to deal waswas.
    Yeah he told us too these questions are from waswas:

    When you thought something was haraam but it’s not

  8. #6
    Duas_Revival's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    49
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    21
    Rep Power
    4
    Likes (Given)
    86
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: The Punishment of Minor Shirk

    Quote Originally Posted by ameerkam View Post
    Repentance from Minor Shirk
    Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

    In relation to repentance and protection from Shirk - Do You Know The Supplication Taught To Us By The Messenger of Allah Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him)?

    The Messenger (S.A.W) warned us against shirk, fearing that his Ummah might fall into it, and said “The thing I fear most for you is minor shirk.” The Messenger (S.A.W) also said: “Shirk among you is more subtle than the sound of the footsteps of an ant on a rock. Shall I not tell you of something which, if you do it, it will take that away from you both minor and major forms of it” (Saying this Du’a).




    Arabic to English: Allahumma inni a’oodhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a’lam, wa astagh firuka lima laa a’lam

    Meaning: O Allah, I seek refuge with you from knowingly associating anything with You, and I seek Your forgiveness for that of which I do unknowingly

    Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/evening-...shirk-and-riya

    Please remember us in your Duas.

    Jazakallahu Khair,
    DR
    | Likes ameerkam liked this post

  9. #7
    ameerkam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    290
    Threads
    199
    Reputation
    134
    Rep Power
    9
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    20

    Re: The Punishment of Minor Shirk

    Quote Originally Posted by Duas_Revival View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

    In relation to repentance and protection from Shirk - Do You Know The Supplication Taught To Us By The Messenger of Allah Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam (Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him)?

    The Messenger (S.A.W) warned us against shirk, fearing that his Ummah might fall into it, and said “The thing I fear most for you is minor shirk.” The Messenger (S.A.W) also said: “Shirk among you is more subtle than the sound of the footsteps of an ant on a rock. Shall I not tell you of something which, if you do it, it will take that away from you both minor and major forms of it” (Saying this Du’a).




    Arabic to English: Allahumma inni a’oodhu bika an ushrika bika wa ana a’lam, wa astagh firuka lima laa a’lam

    Meaning: O Allah, I seek refuge with you from knowingly associating anything with You, and I seek Your forgiveness for that of which I do unknowingly

    Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/evening-...shirk-and-riya

    Please remember us in your Duas.

    Jazakallahu Khair,
    DR
    Thank you. Very helpful


  10. Hide
Hey there! Repentance from Minor Shirk Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Repentance from Minor Shirk
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Minor Shirk
    By ameerkam in forum Advice & Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2018, 08:43 PM
  2. Minor Shirk
    By ameerkam in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-02-2018, 02:42 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 06:05 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-18-2011, 10:20 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create