× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 15 of 15 visibility 564
  1. #1
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,475
    Threads
    377
    Reputation
    959
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    230
    Likes (Received)
    193

    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Report bad ads?

    Assalamu alaikum,

    I have the desire of wanting to learn and master all languages of ancient and modern. Because, I would like to see if I can reach the intelligence of Angels or no.

    But the problem is that the Copt language contain animated images which were used by ancient Egyptians as a means for Alphabet, Grammar and Writtings...

    My questions are:

    1. Is it halal if I want to learn and master hieroghlifs?
    2. Is it halal if I want to do this just so I can test myself and see if I can reach the knowladge of Angels since they are the first species to know all languages?
    3. Is it halal if I want to do this for living?

    Jazakhalakhair

  2. Report bad ads?
  3. #2
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,657
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39376
    Rep Power
    104
    Likes (Given)
    533
    Likes (Received)
    1774

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Why would you want to be like the angels? Allah has honoured humankind above the angels as all angels were asked to prostrate to Adam. The angels have no free will and must do as Allah asks them whereas you and I have free will. We can make a conscious choice to worship Allah and we will be rewarded with eternal bliss. This isn’t the case for angels, even though they are one of Allah’s great creations.

    With regards to your question, language learning in general falls under the category of ‘neutral’ (mubah in Arabic).

    However, there’s no real benefit in learning hieroglyphs. The best language is Arabic because this is the language that Allah revealed the Quran in. It’s also the language of the people of jannah. As general advice, don’t seek closeness to Allah in ways that have not been mentioned in the Quran and sunnah. Stick closely to the Quran and sunnah in all matters.
    | Likes Nitro Zeus, Studentofdeed, Avis liked this post
    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]



  4. #3
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,475
    Threads
    377
    Reputation
    959
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    230
    Likes (Received)
    193

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif View Post
    Why would you want to be like the angels? Allah has honoured humankind above the angels as all angels were asked to prostrate to Adam. The angels have no free will and must do as Allah asks them whereas you and I have free will. We can make a conscious choice to worship Allah and we will be rewarded with eternal bliss. This isn’t the case for angels, even though they are one of Allah’s great creations.

    With regards to your question, language learning in general falls under the category of ‘neutral’ (mubah in Arabic).

    However, there’s no real benefit in learning hieroglyphs. The best language is Arabic because this is the language that Allah revealed the Quran in. It’s also the language of the people of jannah. As general advice, don’t seek closeness to Allah in ways that have not been mentioned in the Quran and sunnah. Stick closely to the Quran and sunnah in all matters.
    Yeah but, it gives the chance so I can be popular among women. Because, I have been wondering how it'll be if an Atheist woman would be my wife while she knows I'm Sunni Muslim. Plus, I've been wondering how it would be if a female Jinn would feel attracted towards me.

    My mom told me that if I want a woman to be my wife. Then I have to make something special and I was thinking about this.

  5. #4
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,657
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39376
    Rep Power
    104
    Likes (Given)
    533
    Likes (Received)
    1774

    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    So...you’re a Muslim man who wants to impress atheist women by being an expert hieroglyph, which, you believe, will also bring you up to the same rank as the angels?

    There’s nothing more attractive to atheist women than a man who’s close to the angels. This really does sound special.

    Bro.

    Have a serious think about what you’re saying.
    | Likes Studentofdeed, Islami.mu'min liked this post
    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]



  6. Report bad ads?
  7. #5
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,475
    Threads
    377
    Reputation
    959
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    230
    Likes (Received)
    193

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif View Post
    So...you’re a Muslim man who wants to impress atheist women by being an expert hieroglyph, which, you believe, will also bring you up to the same rank as the angels?

    There’s nothing more attractive to atheist women than a man who’s close to the angels. This really does sound special.

    Bro.

    Have a serious think about what you’re saying.
    Well I know that Atheist women like superior and intelligent men.

    But as for angels, I find their intelligence to be a form of challenge to me. It is a competition.

  8. #6
    Studentofdeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    760
    Threads
    155
    Reputation
    3092
    Rep Power
    15
    Likes (Given)
    508
    Likes (Received)
    374

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Brother if you are muslim focus on marrying a muslim women. But for now keep your intentions pure. You need to pursue a job that will help you to be a better muslim not so you can commit.more haram. Remember as a muslim. You are an ambassor to Islam. Act so good that by your character that people want to become muslim

  9. #7
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,657
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39376
    Rep Power
    104
    Likes (Given)
    533
    Likes (Received)
    1774

    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Atheist women are superior?

    On the day of judgement, these ‘superior’ people will be asked by the people of jannah why they are in hell, and they’ll respond ‘we were not amongst those who prayed’.

    Quran 74:42-43

    “What has landed you in Hell?”

    They will reply, “We were not of those who prayed,...”

    What superiority bro? Real intelligence means focusing all your efforts on achieving success in the next life, not waisting your life and your energies in temporary things.

    Don’t waste your energies on learning mystical knowledge. Islam is not a labyrinth or a complex puzzle that needs to be solved through hieroglyphs. This is fruitless endeavour. Focus on learning the Quran and know it properly.
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:44 PM.
    | Likes Nitro Zeus, Studentofdeed liked this post
    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]



  10. #8
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,475
    Threads
    377
    Reputation
    959
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    230
    Likes (Received)
    193

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by 'Abd-al Latif View Post
    Atheist women are superior?

    On the day of judgement, these ‘superior’ people will be asked by the people of jannah why they are in hell, and they’ll respond ‘we were not amongst those who prayed’.

    Quran 74:42-43

    “What has landed you in Hell?”

    They will reply, “We were not of those who prayed,...”

    What superiority bro? Real intelligence means focusing all your efforts on achieving success in the next life, not waisting your life and your energies in temporary things.

    Don’t waste your energies on learning mystical knowledge. Islam is not a labyrinth or a complex puzzle that needs to be solved through hieroglyphs. This is fruitless endeavour. Focus on learning the Quran and know it properly.
    Ok, this is what I'll do. But in Paradise, will I be able to learn all languages if in here I could not since it is waste of time?

  11. #9
    fatwa123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Salaam guys, is consulting and accountancy or any other auidt jobs halal. Is the Big4 a good company to work for islamically

  12. Report bad ads?
  13. #10
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,657
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39376
    Rep Power
    104
    Likes (Given)
    533
    Likes (Received)
    1774

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus View Post
    Ok, this is what I'll do. But in Paradise, will I be able to learn all languages if in here I could not since it is waste of time?
    What do you know about jannah?
    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]



  14. #11
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,657
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39376
    Rep Power
    104
    Likes (Given)
    533
    Likes (Received)
    1774

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by fatwa123 View Post
    Salaam guys, is consulting and accountancy or any other auidt jobs halal. Is the Big4 a good company to work for islamically
    All jobs are permissible as long as there isn’t any haram involved in them.
    | Likes Studentofdeed liked this post
    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]



  15. #12
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,475
    Threads
    377
    Reputation
    959
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    230
    Likes (Received)
    193

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    I want to know if in Paradise will I be granted the knowledge of all languages just like Angels have since learning in here it is of no benefit? Because, the language of Egypt is Copt, that's the original language of Egypt and I dreamt of knowing how to speak and write in Coptic language and I dream of knowing how to speak, pronounce and write in Dacian language which is the language of my ancestors.

  16. #13
    Islami.mu'min's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    278
    Threads
    46
    Reputation
    735
    Rep Power
    8
    Likes (Given)
    257
    Likes (Received)
    138

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Yeah but, it gives the chance so I can be popular among women. Because, I have been wondering how it'll be if an Atheist woman would be my wife while she knows I'm Sunni Muslim. Plus, I've been wondering how it would be if a female Jinn would feel attracted towards me.

    My mom told me that if I want a woman to be my wife. Then I have to make something special and I was thinking about this.
    Brother, do not focus on attracting the attention of women... Muslims must have haya'. Muslim women should do their job to remain modest and not try to get the attention of men. Its the same with men too. You are not supposed to be trying to get attention of women. or try to impress them..

    Why do you want to marry an atheist woman? It is not permissible to marry an atheist unless she converts. But thats for the sake of Allah. Don't just go out finding atheist women so that you can get them to convert so you can marry. Its like spreading dawah with another part instead of your mind....

    Find someone pious who will get you closer to Allah. This will be ultimate success. If it's an intelligent woman you want, you'll find many who are Muslim

    Why do you want a jinn to be attracted to you? Trust me you really don't want that. Jinns can possess you and drive you insane if they become attracted if they want to. Seek refuge in Allah and protect yourself from jinn.


    As for the hieroglyphics and the languages.. Honestly I don't think it would impress women anyways.. That really means nothing to your average person looking for a spouse.


    In paradise you will get what you desire. So please give up the wrong desires on this earth so you can get to jannah. Forget about marrying the atheist woman
    | Likes Nitro Zeus liked this post

  17. #14
    Nitro Zeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Romania, Bucharest
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,475
    Threads
    377
    Reputation
    959
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    230
    Likes (Received)
    193

    Re: Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Islami.mu'min View Post
    Brother, do not focus on attracting the attention of women... Muslims must have haya'. Muslim women should do their job to remain modest and not try to get the attention of men. Its the same with men too. You are not supposed to be trying to get attention of women. or try to impress them..

    Why do you want to marry an atheist woman? It is not permissible to marry an atheist unless she converts. But thats for the sake of Allah. Don't just go out finding atheist women so that you can get them to convert so you can marry. Its like spreading dawah with another part instead of your mind....

    Find someone pious who will get you closer to Allah. This will be ultimate success. If it's an intelligent woman you want, you'll find many who are Muslim

    Why do you want a jinn to be attracted to you? Trust me you really don't want that. Jinns can possess you and drive you insane if they become attracted if they want to. Seek refuge in Allah and protect yourself from jinn.


    As for the hieroglyphics and the languages.. Honestly I don't think it would impress women anyways.. That really means nothing to your average person looking for a spouse.


    In paradise you will get what you desire. So please give up the wrong desires on this earth so you can get to jannah. Forget about marrying the atheist woman
    Because, the reason I dreamt of a female Jinn to be attracted towards me is because I wished I could have something so I can pride myself in front of my friends who are Christians, because they have girlfriends and I wished to have something that will make them jealous at me:P

    Also the reason for marrying an Atheist woman is because I want to get some valueble information that will strenghten the Ummah of Muhammad and that will strengthen the faith.

  18. Report bad ads?
  19. #15
    'Abd-al Latif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    3,657
    Threads
    344
    Reputation
    39376
    Rep Power
    104
    Likes (Given)
    533
    Likes (Received)
    1774

    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus View Post
    Because, the reason I dreamt of a female Jinn to be attracted towards me is because I wished I could have something so I can pride myself in front of my friends who are Christians, because they have girlfriends and I wished to have something that will make them jealous at me:P

    Also the reason for marrying an Atheist woman is because I want to get some valueble information that will strenghten the Ummah of Muhammad and that will strengthen the faith.

    First, marry a Muslim woman who you will be happy to live your life with. Do not be with the jinn.

    Second, the Quran has all the information that’s needed to conquer the world, strengthen the ummah and strengthen faith. Atheist women do not possess this information.
    Last edited by 'Abd-al Latif; 1 Week Ago at 09:30 PM.
    | Likes Nitro Zeus liked this post
    Is it halal what I want to learn?

    And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him.”
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-Dâ' wad-Dawâ Fasl 49]




  20. Hide
Hey there! Is it halal what I want to learn? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is it halal what I want to learn?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Learn Qur'an Made easy to learn and memorize.
    By Learn Qur'an in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2019, 04:47 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-27-2016, 07:20 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 09:37 AM
  4. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 09:47 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2008, 06:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create