× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Is human evolution compatible with the quran?
HeartHijab.com | Hijab Sale
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 158
  1. #1
    Array TDWT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    260
    Threads
    46
    Reputation
    328
    Rep Power
    11

    Is human evolution compatible with the quran? (OP)


    Ok, I'm done beating around the bush and just going to be honest now. Can human evolution be reconciled? I mean, there is so much evidence for it, and the DNA evidence that humans and apes share a common ancestor. In response, Yasir Qadhi said that maybe god made it appear that humans evolved or some domino effect. I heard it is against the quran closely but I am not sure. I post this here as this is where most people are, so what are thoughts?





    2 | Likes Muslimah inshal, RizwanAli liked this post

  2. #21
    Abz2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,474
    Threads
    129
    Reputation
    43726
    Rep Power
    70
    Likes (Given)
    3539
    Likes (Received)
    2591

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Report bad ads?

    وَأَشْهَدَهُمْ عَلَى أَنفُسِهِمْ أَلَسْتَ بِرَبِّكُمْ قَالُواْ بَلَى شَهِدْنَا أَن تَقُولُواْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ إِنَّا كُنَّا عَنْ هَذَا غَافِلِينَ {172
    007:172 Khan
    :
    And (remember) when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their loins, their seed (or from Adam's loin his offspring) and made them testify as to themselves (saying): "Am I not your Lord?" They said: "Yes! We testify," lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: "Verily, we have been unaware of this."


    إِنَّ مَثَلَ عِيسَى عِندَ اللّهِ كَمَثَلِ آدَمَ خَلَقَهُ مِن تُرَابٍ ثِمَّ قَالَ لَهُ كُن فَيَكُونُ {59
    003:059
    :Indeed, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.


    فَأَجَاءهَا الْمَخَاضُ إِلَى جِذْعِ النَّخْلَةِ قَالَتْ يَا لَيْتَنِي مِتُّ قَبْلَ هَذَا وَكُنتُ نَسْيًا مَّنسِيًّا {23
    019:023 Khan
    :
    And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a date-palm. She said: "Would that I had died before this, and had been forgotten and out of sight!"



    وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ مِن سُلَالَةٍ مِّن طِينٍ {12
    023:012
    :
    And indeed We created Al Insaan (man) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

    ثُمَّ جَعَلْنَاهُ نُطْفَةً فِي قَرَارٍ مَّكِينٍ {13
    023:013
    :
    Thereafter We turned him into a drop of fluid in a safe lodging


    ثُمَّ خَلَقْنَا النُّطْفَةَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْعَلَقَةَ مُضْغَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْمُضْغَةَ عِظَامًا فَكَسَوْنَا الْعِظَامَ لَحْمًا ثُمَّ أَنشَأْنَاهُ خَلْقًا آخَرَ فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ {14
    023:014
    :
    Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (leech/suspended thing/blood clot), then We made the clot into Mudghah (a little lump of flesh/chewy substance), then We made out of that Mudghah bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators.

    Check where it becomes "khalq an aakhar"









    But for those who just assume that it happened randomly by chance with no design in place, consider the logic and odds of this happening randomly:






    My son asked me what a pearl was (he'd heard me say it) and i suddenly remembered this book, and when i found it on the shelf i stared at it in amazement for ages as if it was the first time i'd ever seen it, now when i see my cat, i wonder if it's chain of primitive ancestors chose to incrementally develop fur as they branched off when they were cold, and claws to fight with and climb, and when i see ducks and chickens start walking in 1-3 days i wonder if whatever it was that might have been a predecessor to humans just lay there for ages thinking, feeling, listening and deciding with whatever form of basic intelligence and biological faculties it had and concentrated on developing those first before deciding to get up, since human babies take years to become useful- but later end up wielding all the tools to surpass all creatures - a question of using the mind wisely, and of using tools wisely too.




    And Allah knows best.

    Burger king or mcdonalds, democrats or republicans, edl or nf, america or russia? Rather cling to Allah who breathed of His spirit and guided our first common ancestor and also - if He did, those things before adam all the way to the atom and beyond. (Don't ya luv the way they rhyme?)



    SEEMS LIKE OUR PRIMITIVE ANCESTORS MADE THE BEST CHOICES, EVEN BEFORE BEING CALLED MAN, but then again were they the best choices,?Allah knows best. At least the other critters saved themselves from hell.


    إِنَّا عَرَضْنَا الْأَمَانَةَ عَلَى السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَالْجِبَالِ فَأَبَيْنَ أَن يَحْمِلْنَهَا وَأَشْفَقْنَ مِنْهَا وَحَمَلَهَا الْإِنسَانُ إِنَّهُ كَانَ ظَلُومًا جَهُولًا {72
    033:072 Khan
    :
    Truly, We did offer Al-Amanah (the trust or moral responsibility or honesty and all the duties which Allah has ordained) to the heavens and the earth, and the mountains, but they declined to bear it and were afraid of it (i.e. afraid of Allah's Torment). But man bore it. Verily, he was unjust (to himself) and ignorant (of its results).

    لِيُعَذِّبَ اللَّهُ الْمُنَافِقِينَ وَالْمُنَافِقَاتِ وَالْمُشْرِكِينَ وَالْمُشْرِكَاتِ وَيَتُوبَ اللَّهُ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا {73
    033:073
    :
    So that Allah will punish the hypocrites, men and women, and the men and women who are Al-Mushrikun (the polytheists, idolaters, pagans, those who imagine others to hold equal authority with Allah, or independent authority under Allah). And Allah will pardon (accept the repentance of) the true believers of the Islamic Monotheism, men and women. And Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.



    Imagining that we came from some sort of bacteria that formed from essential clay isn't too difficult when you see trees bearing mangoes and others coconuts and all the baby coconuts covered by a shade that whithers away gradually -come straight out of the same soil, and the fact that the impure sperm drop appears to play a replication of millions if not billions of years of actions superfast is not at all surprising.
    There's that question of qadr and self-action that we'll probably have to have explained to us on or after the day of judgement, because there are certainly massive amounts of data in that sperm and egg which makes your son grin the way you do and not the way obama does or the way your cat does.


    Maysara Al Dhabbi (r) said he asked the Prophet (s), "Oh, Messenger of Allah, when did you become a prophet?" He (s) answered, "While Adam was still between the soul and the body."

    http://www.israinternational.com/kno...phet-saws.html

    They ended up meeting an old Bedouin man and the Prophet asked him, “Have you heard anything about the army of Muhammad, and the army of Quraysh?” So the man said, “Tell me who you are and then I will tell you where they are.” The Prophet said, ‘If you tell us, we will tell you.’ So the old man said, “I received information that Muhammad and his army left Madeenah on such-and-such a date. If this information is correct, they should now be in such-and-such place.” He then pointed out the right position of the Muslim army, and that indicated his truth. He then said, “And I’ve received information, that the army of Quraysh have left on such-and-such date. If that information is correct, then they would be in such-and-such place.”

    The Bedouin then asked the Prophet and Abu Bakr, “Who are you, were are you from?” The Prophet said: نَحْنُ مِنْ مَاء “We are from water.” And he and Abu Bakr walked away. The man began flipping his hands, saying: مِنْ مَاء؟ أَمِنْ مَاءِ العِرَاق؟ “What? From water? What do you mean? Are you from the water (rivers) of Iraq?” The Prophet meant that we were created from water as Allah says in Surah Anbiya, Ayah 30: “Allah has made every living being out of water.” (Also if you didn’t understand what the Prophet meant, refer to the Qur’aan, 32:8)

    http://mymonline.org/the-battle-of-badr/

    وَاللَّهُ خَلَقَ كُلَّ دَابَّةٍ مِن مَّاء فَمِنْهُم مَّن يَمْشِي عَلَى بَطْنِهِ وَمِنْهُم مَّن يَمْشِي عَلَى رِجْلَيْنِ وَمِنْهُم مَّن يَمْشِي عَلَى أَرْبَعٍ يَخْلُقُ اللَّهُ مَا يَشَاء إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ {45

    024:045 Khan
    :
    Allah has created every moving (living) creature from water.
    Of them there are some that creep on their bellies, some that walk on two legs, and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Verily! Allah is Able to do all things.


    Let us bear in mind though that there is no point in blaming Adam for his original sin or in saying "the fathers have eaten sour grapes therefore the childrens teeth are set on edge", since all belong to Allah and are able to follow the guidance of Allah, and that Allah will reward each person according to their abilities, circumstances and struggles, the facts make no room for people to excuse murder by nazi and rockefeller type racist thinking in Allah's dominion, those choices were and are Allah's to make.
    allah has shown us examples of the people of Jonah, and Ibrahim (pbuh) the son of idol maker azar that His mercy and guidance can overcome ancestral traits, and that He can heal the breasts of people in a heartbeat.




    Edit: the thought just struck me lol, to those who claim the right of unbridled freedom whilst actually never being free of laws, do take the time to consider that if the theories regarding evolution are true, and many indeed appear to be, our common ancestors, whatever they were before Adam would have had the freedom to choose to be cats and dogs, but chose to think critically and truthfully, and struggled to suppress their desire to just keep their tails (like we see in the fetus) and swing about on trees, and did major jihad of nafs in Allah's way in order to be human. It is highly unlikely that they would have seen an obvious truth ahead of them, with their minds and hearts acknowledging it, and then just chosen to ignore it and follow their short term whims whilst deluding themselves as to long term consequences. The fittest to continue during noah's time were those who's minds and hearts acknowledged the truth, and struggled and long-suffered in accepting it, and the weakest were deemed as those who rejected the obvious truth that their hearts and minds acknowledged just so they could claim to be free whilst playing in falsehood and vice, and heading to self destruction, Allah cut that short, and it's usually been the case that those who chose to accept and follow God's guidance and His messengers prevailed in this world too, their names remained whilst the crooks who opposed the truth lost.
    an orwellian or huxlian atheist society couldn't and wouldn't last long logically since they're based on denying truth and/or accepting tyranny, it's degenerative from the outset.

    190.*Verily in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and the alternation of night and day,- there are indeed Signs for those who possess understanding,
    191.*Those who celebrate the praises of Allah, standing, sitting, and lying down on their sides, and contemplate the (wonders of) creation in the heavens and the earth:
    "Our Lord! not for nothing have You created (all) this! Glory to You/You are free from imperfection! Give us salvation from the penalty of the Fire.
    192.*"Our Lord! any whom You admit to the Fire, Truly You cover with shame, and for the unjust, there are no helpers.
    193.*"Our Lord! we have heard the call of one calling (Us) to Faith, 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, blot out from us our iniquities, and enter us into the company of the righteous.
    194.*"Our Lord! Grant us what You have promised unto us through Your messengers, and do not humiliate us on the Day of Judgment: For You never breakest Thy promise."
    195.*And their Lord has responded to them: "Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, be they male or female: You are members, one of another: Those who have left their homes, or have been driven out therefrom, or suffered harm in My Cause, or fought or been slain,- verily, I will blot out from them their iniquities, and admit them into Gardens with rivers flowing beneath;- A reward from the presence of Allah, and from His presence is the best of rewards."
    196.*Let not the strutting about of the rejecters (of Allah) through the land deceive you:
    197.*Little is it for enjoyment: Their ultimate abode is Hell: what an evil bed (To lie on)!
    198.*On the other hand, for those who fear their Lord, are Gardens, with rivers flowing beneath; therein are they to dwell (for ever),- a gift from the presence of Allah. and that which is in the presence of Allah is the best (bliss) for the righteous.
    From Quran Chapter 3

    As i was thinking about it all, chapter an-nisaa began to play and the words nafsin waahidatin wa khalaqa minhaa zawjahaa struck me as a possible hint.

    The "haa" indicates feminine or inanimate, so since Adam was a man, the "she" is deducted from the equation and the remaining "it" would point to a previous ancestor before al insaan, or the soul of Adam.

    If it is the soul, we have been given very limited knowledge and it would be pointless to rack our brains but if the "it" is a creature or a particle(since they too come in pairs with positrons and electrons and whatever stuff)....God knows....i'm getting a bit lost and it's 7:32am and i'm going to sleep. How does yogurt multiply??? Its 7:40.

    Can anyone else expound on what they understand from the two "ha" s in ch4 v1?
    Last edited by Abz2000; 08-13-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    3 | Likes Eric H, Kiro, Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Long ago has hope perished, as have our men of honor
    M.A



    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress

    Frederick Douglas

  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #22
    Eric H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,152
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    48729
    Rep Power
    107
    Likes (Given)
    3698
    Likes (Received)
    2331

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Greetings and peace be with you Steven,
    I think a lot of commentators on here should go to the Natural History Museum in London and look at the Human Evolution section. It won't bite to gain a little knowledge. You can still have God in your life, but you won't be as badly informed. Win Win.
    Whether evolution happened, or it did not happen, evolution adds no meaning or purpose to life. We do not worship evolution the creator of all that is seen and unseen, because evolution created nothing.

    If I am to spend my time searching for knowledge, I can find more meaning by searching for God, than I can by searching for the ToE. I have been to a number of natural history museums, including London, they leave me in awe of God's creation.


    وَلَقَدْ خَلَقْنَا الْإِنسَانَ مِن سُلَالَةٍ مِّن طِينٍ {

    12
    023:012
    :
    And indeed We created Al Insaan (man) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).
    In the spirit of searching for God,

    Eric
    Last edited by Eric H; 08-13-2016 at 07:14 AM.
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

  5. #23
    jabeady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    42D 45' 23.2" N, 84D 35' 10.9" W, MSL+879'
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Atheism
    Posts
    313
    Threads
    5
    Reputation
    1224
    Rep Power
    13
    Likes (Given)
    11
    Likes (Received)
    272

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you Steven,


    Whether evolution happened, or it did not happen, evolution adds no meaning or purpose to life. We do not worship evolution the creator of all that is seen and unseen, because evolution created nothing.

    If I am to spend my time searching for knowledge, I can find more meaning by searching for God, than I can by searching for the ToE. I have been to a number of natural history museums, including London, they leave me in awe of God's creation.




    In the spirit of searching for God,

    Eric
    In the book of Genesis, God commands Man to have dominion over the earth. How can you have dominion over the earth without knowing how the earth works? Also, is it enough to be in awe? If God gave Man his intelligence, isn't it implied that He wants us to use it? Wouldn't inquiry and the exploration of Creation show more appreciation and be more active forms of worship than simple awe?
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. -- Thomas Jefferson

  6. #24
    sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    9,136
    Threads
    334
    Reputation
    55083
    Rep Power
    107
    Likes (Given)
    6115
    Likes (Received)
    7246

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?
    How it could to be? What the scientists know and say about "human evolution" now, what they said 100 years ago or what they will say after 100 years isn´t same. The words in the Quran don´t change. They are same now, yesterday and also at the tomorrow. The human scientists don´t know as much as Allah knows, that´s why there are differencies with the science and in the Quran.
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #25
    kritikvernunft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    590
    Threads
    35
    Reputation
    1050
    Rep Power
    12
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    179

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    it's probably important to consider that philosophy is no longer considered a hard science..
    While science are statements about facts, philosophy consists of statements about statements. Therefore, science and philosophy answer different questions. You cannot answer philosophical questions scientifically, and neither the other way around. Science cannot state anything about science, because that amounts to making statements about statements, and that is philosophy and not science. The scientific method -- statements expressing requirements for scientific statements -- is not matter of science but of philosophy.
    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    literally missing the complexity of the situation asking simply for reproducible results and predictability.
    Why would anybody have to be exempt from even the most basic requirements?
    So that everybody and their little sister should also be taken seriously?
    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    and I'm sure it's the case with evolution.. why? because new branches of science appear all the time.
    New branches of science do NOT appear all the time. It rarely happens that it does.
    Seriously, we do not need new branches of science to appear all the time.
    New branches of science only appear all the time for people who believe in an incorrect and very permissive definition of science.
    Last edited by kritikvernunft; 08-13-2016 at 11:39 AM.

  9. #26
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,810
    Threads
    18
    Reputation
    6333
    Rep Power
    79
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    725

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    I can't really quote on my phone so bear with me..

    I did a masters degree in hard science, yet my final year dissertation was rooted in philosophy..

    an ongoing study.. I think you are mistaken, maybe choose another window..

    I've been through the door both ways.

    although my conclusion was indeed statements about statements.

    ...a natural state of "humours" :| ... :/

    would have made a great title for it.. had I not been a robot.

    to be fair I don't know most people or there sisters.. I can live without that complexity.

    :/

    probably.

    reformation of information occurs all the time, as bob marley would say.. don't let them rearrange ya..

    it is probably how philosophy was confined to a dark corner of the library..

    while people have to fill out a personality test to work at ASDA.

    "new branches of science" may not do the advancement of science justice..

    Maybe it translates better here, in keeping with what you just said..

    http://corpus.quran.com/translation....er=17&verse=81
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post

  10. #27
    kritikvernunft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    590
    Threads
    35
    Reputation
    1050
    Rep Power
    12
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    179

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    "new branches of science" may not do the advancement of science justice..
    In fact, there is nothing fundamentally wrong with science as a method: "You say that water boils at 100 degrees. So, let's try to heat water and check at what temperature it boils. Next, let's try to figure out if we could make it boil at another temperature. By adding salt? By lowering the pressure? By ...?"

    Understood in that way, science is just common sense.

    What the evolution guys are doing, does not look like that at all: "Man has a common ancestor with other primates."
    Possibly, but don't call that science, unless you have also figured out a way to grab such common ancestors, and experimentally evolve their progeny into a man.

  11. #28
    Abz2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,474
    Threads
    129
    Reputation
    43726
    Rep Power
    70
    Likes (Given)
    3539
    Likes (Received)
    2591

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Well, so far we appear to all be agreed on the fact that the chinese have a common ancestor with africans?
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Long ago has hope perished, as have our men of honor
    M.A



    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress

    Frederick Douglas

  12. #29
    Serinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,840
    Threads
    71
    Reputation
    10804
    Rep Power
    21
    Likes (Given)
    1153
    Likes (Received)
    2276

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    you can have water boil at different temperatures depending on the atmospheric pressure. It is possible.

    There is also AFAIK a ball of ice near a burning star.. Yes, Ice. But it is very hot there. The gravity must be strong, or some other sciences in there.

    Science is basically observations made by man. The arrogance of man, however, seems to bother me. How can't they see the marvelous creation, and how the laws work in unison?

    you could say this whole globe is a breathing being. Water doesn't have an expire date.

    I am amazed at the things Allah creates. I am amazed at what He :Swt: can create.
    Last edited by Serinity; 08-13-2016 at 01:54 PM.
    1 | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

    Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #30
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,810
    Threads
    18
    Reputation
    6333
    Rep Power
    79
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    725

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    well I only have a moment in time..

    so I'm not hung up on how it happened and even more frustrated if people tell me how it's going to happen.

    enjoy your microwave and kettle..

    let the creationists argue with the evolutionists while we have electricity.

    *2001 a space odyssey music*

    I reconcile religion with evolution simply because all those things that you point it out in..

    aren't even thinking about it.


    only chef is allowed in the kitchen.


    ...and maybe a pretty assistant.


    jk I'm a jerk, back to the ores...oars.

    :/ not an ants reference.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 08-13-2016 at 03:21 PM.

  15. #31
    kritikvernunft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Other
    Posts
    590
    Threads
    35
    Reputation
    1050
    Rep Power
    12
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    179

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post
    Well, so far we appear to all be agreed on the fact that the chinese have a common ancestor with africans?
    Quite possibly, but that would be a historical fact, and hence subject to the method of history and not the method of science. What tests would there be, to be repeated? A scientific approach would amount to finding such common ancestor and getting both chinese as african progeny out of him, using reproduction methods. It is just not realistic to do that. It is again, obviously not within the application area of science.

    If you want to do science, you should rather think of boiling water, and discovering invariants when you do that: "No matter how I boil water, the following will always be true ..." Even though you can discover quite a few invariants by doing science, that still does not mean that the validation of every possible statement would lend itself to that particular method. Seriously, claiming that the chinese and the africans have a common ancestor is really not part of the application domain of science, and I do not believe that anybody would ever be interested in investigating it in that way.

    Note that anything that you could say about, for example, numbers, is also not a valid subject for science. Numbers are a subject of math, which is not based on experimented testing, but on axiomatic derivation. It is also a completely different method altogether. The scientific method would be utterly ineffective when investigating invariants concerning numbers.

  16. #32
    M.I.A.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,810
    Threads
    18
    Reputation
    6333
    Rep Power
    79
    Likes (Given)
    28
    Likes (Received)
    725

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    does relativity have anything to do with numbers?

    I am clutching at straws to be fair.
    Last edited by M.I.A.; 08-13-2016 at 03:59 PM.

  17. #33
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,235
    Threads
    104
    Reputation
    49097
    Rep Power
    74
    Likes (Given)
    8460
    Likes (Received)
    6111

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    #kritikvernunft - Philosophy is the intellectual dissemination of logic and morality in the pursuit of higher wisdom. You CAN answer philosophical questions scientifically. Science is in fact - a methodical and formalised approach to answering philosphical questions - and you should know this.

    Even the words "philo-sophia" translate to "Love of wisdom/knowledge" and science is at the hearts of our need to "know everything". The Scientific approach to asking and answering what we have determined to be the most rational and reasonably sound lines of inquiry do not start and end with the laboratory lol.

    Science is not just periodic tables, bunson burners, microscopes and safety goggles mate.

    True science is "investigative" and a sister to philosphical pursuit.

    Without philosophy and the great questions which abound from it (which abound from our need to know our place in the world among other things) science has no reason to exist.

    So when you write:

    Quote Originally Posted by kritikvernunft View Post
    While science are statements about facts, philosophy consists of statements about statements. Therefore, science and philosophy answer different questions. You cannot answer philosophical questions scientifically, and neither the other way around. Science cannot state anything about science, because that amounts to making statements about statements, and that is philosophy and not science. The scientific method -- statements expressing requirements for scientific statements -- is not matter of science but of philosophy.
    It does make me do eyebrow raisers on repeat.

    Scimi
    1 | Likes Abz2000 liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  18. #34
    Abz2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,474
    Threads
    129
    Reputation
    43726
    Rep Power
    70
    Likes (Given)
    3539
    Likes (Received)
    2591

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    It appears that Allah Himself has left many questions for the mind to ponder on as a way of sifting between the truthful and the arrogant, it would be easy for him to say "here i am, look at me and receive scientific proof" but He doesn't, He sends enough clear signs so that hearts and minds will acknowledge the truth, but leaves some rope for the arrogant whose wish is to deny the obvious.....
    Last edited by Abz2000; 08-13-2016 at 04:28 PM.
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Long ago has hope perished, as have our men of honor
    M.A



    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress

    Frederick Douglas

  19. Report bad ads?
  20. #35
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,235
    Threads
    104
    Reputation
    49097
    Rep Power
    74
    Likes (Given)
    8460
    Likes (Received)
    6111

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post
    It appears that Allah Himself has left many questions for the mind to ponder on as a way of sifting between the truthful and the arrogant, it would be easy for him to say "here i am, look at me and receive scientific proof" but He doesn't, He sends enough clear signs so that hearts and minds will acknowledge the truth, but leaves some rope for the arrogant whose wish is to deny the obvious.....
    Seems that God almighty prefers the philosopher mind to the lay mind - so many ayaat in the Qur'an state to humanity "do ye not think? do ye not consider? do ye not reason? do ye not wonder?" etc etc - this is the ONLY HOLY BOOK on earth which actually asks the reader not to accept blindly but to investigate so "faith" reaches "conviction".

    I can drop names here - Dr Mauric Bucaille comes to mind instantly. Among others.

    Scimi
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  21. #36
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,235
    Threads
    104
    Reputation
    49097
    Rep Power
    74
    Likes (Given)
    8460
    Likes (Received)
    6111

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by jabeady View Post
    In the book of Genesis, God commands Man to have dominion over the earth. How can you have dominion over the earth without knowing how the earth works? Also, is it enough to be in awe? If God gave Man his intelligence, isn't it implied that He wants us to use it? Wouldn't inquiry and the exploration of Creation show more appreciation and be more active forms of worship than simple awe?
    I'd argue - awe itself is also a very pure form of worship.

    Scimi
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  22. #37
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,235
    Threads
    104
    Reputation
    49097
    Rep Power
    74
    Likes (Given)
    8460
    Likes (Received)
    6111

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abz2000 View Post
    Well, so far we appear to all be agreed on the fact that the chinese have a common ancestor with africans?
    There's a lot of truth in this.

    Scimi
    1 | Likes Abz2000 liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  23. #38
    Abz2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,474
    Threads
    129
    Reputation
    43726
    Rep Power
    70
    Likes (Given)
    3539
    Likes (Received)
    2591

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    The fact that the Quran is so concise, yet leaves the reader with the ability to reason and find answers to questions neither asked nor answered is itself a testament to it's maturity.

    I can remember when i was little and used to sit on the stairs and read books as my mum sewed on the machine, i used to pester my brothers and sisters with "what does this mean?" and "what does that mean?" - until my sister showed me how to sift through a dictionary........

    Also a bit like the difference between teaching how to count on fingers held high in the air, only for students to get stuck when the equations start reaching three figures. Yet teaching algebra makes them lightning fast and witty.
    Therefore "x" must obviously be............
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Long ago has hope perished, as have our men of honor
    M.A



    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress

    Frederick Douglas

  24. #39
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,235
    Threads
    104
    Reputation
    49097
    Rep Power
    74
    Likes (Given)
    8460
    Likes (Received)
    6111

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDWT View Post

    Ok, I'm done beating around the bush and just going to be honest now. Can human evolution be reconciled? I mean, there is so much evidence for it, and the DNA evidence that humans and apes share a common ancestor.


    Sorry bro - what DNA evidence? I can just as easily claim humans are descended from koala bears - or rats, who share more dna with us than apes do lol. DNA is simply a string of ingredients bro -

    what scientists do is claim that madras chicken curry is fashioned off of traidtional british beef stew, lol - you gotta do some serious mental gymnastics to make that work.


    Quote Originally Posted by TDWT View Post
    In response, Yasir Qadhi said that maybe god made it appear that humans evolved or some domino effect. I heard it is against the quran closely but I am not sure. I post this here as this is where most people are, so what are thoughts?


    Had no idea Dr Yasir Qadhi was a biologist

    Scimi
    Last edited by Bushwackk; 08-13-2016 at 04:55 PM.
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  25. Report bad ads?
  26. #40
    Abz2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Around the bend from Venus - Just before Mars
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4,474
    Threads
    129
    Reputation
    43726
    Rep Power
    70
    Likes (Given)
    3539
    Likes (Received)
    2591

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    There's a lot of truth in this.

    Scimi
    It appears that you delved into the question rather than just look at it superficially : )
    it appears that you have two eyes open!
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Long ago has hope perished, as have our men of honor
    M.A



    The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress

    Frederick Douglas

  27. Hide
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Hey there! Is human evolution compatible with the quran? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is human evolution compatible with the quran?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. I'm not convinced that human evolution contradicts the Qu'ran...
    By MuslimCONVERT in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
  2. Human Evolution: Are Humans Still Evolving?
    By Lost&Found in forum Health & Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 09:06 PM
  3. Evolution (compatible to outlook) is slow?
    By syilla in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 09:08 AM
  4. Music and human evolution
    By KAding in forum Health & Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 08:12 AM
  5. Fossil may fill human evolution lineage gap
    By root in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create