× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Is human evolution compatible with the quran?
data-ad-format="auto">
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
Results 61 to 80 of 158
  1. #1
    Array TDWT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    260
    Threads
    46
    Reputation
    328
    Rep Power
    14

    Is human evolution compatible with the quran? (OP)


    Ok, I'm done beating around the bush and just going to be honest now. Can human evolution be reconciled? I mean, there is so much evidence for it, and the DNA evidence that humans and apes share a common ancestor. In response, Yasir Qadhi said that maybe god made it appear that humans evolved or some domino effect. I heard it is against the quran closely but I am not sure. I post this here as this is where most people are, so what are thoughts?





    2 | Likes Muslimah inshal, RizwanAli liked this post

  2. #61
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,352
    Threads
    127
    Reputation
    50175
    Rep Power
    78
    Likes (Given)
    8585
    Likes (Received)
    6165

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Report bad ads?

    Quote Originally Posted by jabeady View Post
    Is it possible to appreciate the design without appreciating the designer?
    Without the Designer, the very idea of "appreciation" is lost, as there is no "design" to "appreciate"

    When we appreciate the design, we are also appreciating the designer, whether we know it or not - but when we do this knowingly, it is because we were able to see more than just the design, we were able to understand a greater being has done this. And that, is where the "awe" becomes augmented.

    Light upon light, my friend.

    Scimi
    1 | Likes Eric H liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  3. Report bad ads?
  4. #62
    Eric H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,221
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    49094
    Rep Power
    110
    Likes (Given)
    3842
    Likes (Received)
    2399

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Greetings and peace be with you MisterK;
    I understand I'm probably in a minority here with this view, it is simply that the scientific evidence for evolution, even human evolution, is quite vast and strong for me to just try and hand wave it away because it doesn't fit my preconceived view of reality. One can choose to ignore it, hold views that run counter to the facts and evidence, that it certainly their right, but high-horsed claims of evolution being untrue or unscientific are, at best, ignorant, or, at worst, intentionally dishonest.
    Fair enough, but what do you say to atheists who say, evolution is such a powerful theory, that it does not require any gods?

    In the spirit of searching for God,

    Eric
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

  5. #63
    Eric H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,221
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    49094
    Rep Power
    110
    Likes (Given)
    3842
    Likes (Received)
    2399

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Greetings and peace be with you jabeady,

    Is it possible to appreciate the design without appreciating the designer?
    You might appreciate the design of a Lamborghini. But with all Lamborghinis, you know there are intelligent designers, even if you do not appreciate them. The difference being, a God who has the knowledge and power to create the universe and life IS worth seeking, because this is where we shall all end up.

    In the spirit of searching for God,

    Eric
    2 | Likes Bushwackk, noraina liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

  6. #64
    MisterK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    110
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    418
    Rep Power
    14
    Likes (Given)
    247
    Likes (Received)
    146

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you MisterK;


    Fair enough, but what do you say to atheists who say, evolution is such a powerful theory, that it does not require any gods?

    In the spirit of searching for God,

    Eric
    No theory in science requires the existence of a god. One could argue that without the existence of a god, there would not be an existence for science to explain, but that would be a matter of faith and/or philosophy, not science. Evolution, functioning as it does, functions whether one attributes Godly origins to life, the universe, and everything, or a godless origin to life, the universe, and everything.

    So if one is an atheist, then evolution is a purely mechanistic process/property held by living things through which they adapt to their environment over time, which, given enough time and change, leads to the rise of new species.

    If one holds a god created and designed all things, then evolution is a process/property held by living things through which they adapt to their environment over time, which, given enough time and change, leads to the rise of new species via a process functioning as God designed.

    Neither view changes the facts or evidence of what evolution is and how it works over time.

  7. Report bad ads?
  8. #65
    Serinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,842
    Threads
    72
    Reputation
    10813
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    1154
    Likes (Received)
    2285

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?



    as a Muslim, I do not deny evolution, but I do deny we came from Apes. We came from Adam , period. I deny the notion "after 1000 mutations, the strawberry became a dragon". No matter how much, as Humans, we evolve, we will still be HUMANS.

    Besides, it'd require CREATIVITY as well as KNOWLEDGE to create something. You can't make a car, unless you have the knowledge of how to, etc. So The One Who created this Universe is all-knowing, and Wise.

    Allahu alam
    Last edited by Serinity; 03-30-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    2 | Likes Eric H, noraina liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

    Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

  9. #66
    ZeeshanParvez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    326
    Threads
    48
    Reputation
    1819
    Rep Power
    21
    Likes (Given)
    90
    Likes (Received)
    182

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    No, it is not compatible.

  10. #67
    Eric H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,221
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    49094
    Rep Power
    110
    Likes (Given)
    3842
    Likes (Received)
    2399

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Greetings and peace be with you MisterK;

    If one holds a god created and designed all things, then evolution is a process/property held by living things through which they adapt to their environment over time, which, given enough time and change, leads to the rise of new species via a process functioning as God designed.

    Neither view changes the facts or evidence of what evolution is and how it works over time.
    life exists today, so we extrapolate back 3 -4 billion years when there was no life, and we conveniently use the ToE to fill in the gaps. Science cannot explain how life started in the first place, so science seems to skip this point, and talk evolution. If there was no God, then we would not exist, but God exists, and as others have stated, scripture clearly states that man did not evolve.

    In the spirit of searching for God,

    Eric
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

  11. #68
    anatolian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Turkey
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,566
    Threads
    39
    Reputation
    5306
    Rep Power
    69
    Likes (Given)
    286
    Likes (Received)
    893

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    I believe there is human evolution and it is not incompatible with Quran. We might have just misinterpreted the creation of Adam.
    1 | Likes MisterK liked this post

  12. #69
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,352
    Threads
    127
    Reputation
    50175
    Rep Power
    78
    Likes (Given)
    8585
    Likes (Received)
    6165

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterK View Post
    No theory in science requires the existence of a god.
    False.

    Ptolemy inferred the bodies in space directly affected our destinies which is shirk, and he played this astrological card in his astronomical calculations - which Ibn Al Haythm the Muslim, corrected with his inference for God.

    You can research this if you like.

    Scimi
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  13. Report bad ads?
  14. #70
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,352
    Threads
    127
    Reputation
    50175
    Rep Power
    78
    Likes (Given)
    8585
    Likes (Received)
    6165

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by anatolian View Post
    I believe there is human evolution and it is not incompatible with Quran. We might have just misinterpreted the creation of Adam.


    Yeah?

    Please do carry on, thank you.

    Scimi
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  15. #71
    Serinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,842
    Threads
    72
    Reputation
    10813
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    1154
    Likes (Received)
    2285

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    I think what many misunderstand, and I could be wrong, is that people think that this earth and Universe was created together with Adam's.

    Before Adam was created, this universe existed, etc.

    Allahu alam.
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

    Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

  16. #72
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,352
    Threads
    127
    Reputation
    50175
    Rep Power
    78
    Likes (Given)
    8585
    Likes (Received)
    6165

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    I've heard Christians claim that before God created anything, HE created Jesus pbuh.

    Muslims claim the same for Muhammad pbuh.

    Jews, the same for Moses pbuh.

    All this is nonsense to me, when Allah clearly mentions the first man created was Adam. Pbuh.

    As for the theory of Creation, according to science - it still has massive holes in it. And anyone who claims that the theory is a fact, clearly needs to re-educate themselves on the dictionary term for theory and for fact. This a-contextual propagation by the scientists that a theory is factual, shows me how out of context they are with simple English and they have the hubris to believe they can convince us?

    Regarding the Creation of the Universe:

    Did you know that the "Relativity of Time" was announced over 1400 yrs ago

    Throughout history, “time” was assumed to apply equally in every imaginable spot in the universe and in every medium. If we consider this conception, we can see the radical change that the verses of the Qur'an brought. The Qur'an said that, according to circumstances, the “day” concept might equal even up to fifty thousand years. These verses which must have encountered objections have been elucidated in the twentieth century and shed light on important truths.

    The theory of relativity is Einstein’s best known discovery. However, many people whose interests are not in any way related to physics are at a loss to understand what this theory signifies. The Quran had already touched on these facts 1400 years ago. Einstein’s theory of relativity has two main divisions, namely the special theory of relativity and the general theory of relativity.

    According to Einstein, time would pass more slowly for somebody driving a vehicle at a speed close to the velocity of light. In a medium in which an inhabitant of the earth passes one hundred days, it may take a person fifty days to displace at a speed nearing the propagation speed of light. This finding is the most interesting fact of the relativity theory. Time slows down in direct proportion with speed. Time is therefore a relative conception, as indicated in the Quran. Hours differ and days are conceived differently according to the medium, place and speed involved.

    The general theory of relativity deals with gravitational fields and tries to demonstrate that time is slower in the fields of greater gravitation. A man walking on the surface of the sun will see that his clock runs more slowly, as do the biological and anatomical functions and all the motions in terms of his atoms. Recent experiments have corroborated this fact. One of these experiments was conducted in the British National Institute of Physics. John Laverty, researcher, synchronized two clocks indicating the exact time (two clocks of optimum perfection; error of precision in the course of a space of time of 300,000 years would be not more than 1 second). One of these clocks was kept at a laboratory in London; the other was taken aboard an airplane shuttling between London and China. The high altitude at which the aircraft flies is subject to a lower gravitational force. In other words, time was expected to pass at a faster rate aboard a plane in conformity with the general relativity theory. There is not so great a difference in terms of gravity between someone treading upon the earth and someone flying in the air. This difference could only be established by a precision instrument. It was established that the clock aboard the aircraft had a greater speed, one per fifty five billion seconds. This experiment is one of the proofs of the relativity of time. According to the prevailing prejudice, there should not be any difference between the two clocks. This supports the dispelling of prejudices as foreseen in the Quran. Had it been possible to make this experiment on a planet with greater gravitational force, there would be no need for precision instruments to measure the difference, since normal watches could do the job.

    THE USE OF THE WORD “DAY” IN THE QURAN

    V4- To Him ascend the angels and the spirit in a day the measure of which is fifty thousand years.
    70-The Heights, V4 [70 SURAh AL-MAARIJ, V 4]

    V5- He regulates all affairs from the heaven to the earth. Then they ascend to Him in a day, the measure of which is a thousand years as you count.
    32-The Prostration, V5 [032 SURAH AS-SAJDAH, V5]

    Verse 5 of the sura The Prostration and Verse 4 of the sura The Heights not only point to the relativity of time, but give also a clear meaning of the Arabic word “yawm” (which translates to the word - "day") that denotes not only the space of time of one day - which comprises 24 hours - but also a certain period of time. This makes it easier to understand the six “yawm”s mentioned in the Quran (See: 7-The Purgatory, 54; 11-Hud, 7; 10- Jonah, 3; 25-The Distinguisher, 59; 32-The Prostration, 4; 57-Iron, 4.) Before the creation of the universe and the world there was no notion of “day,” a period of 24 hours. Therefore, the six “yawm”s must be understood as six “periods.”


    A NOTE TO CHRISTIANS AND JEWS ABOUT "TIME"

    This gives a clue to the Jews and Christians for the interpretation of the Biblical account according to which the world was created in six days. Findings in the domain of space physics show that the universe and our world passed through many stages, from a gaseous state to galaxies, to the formation of the atmosphere surrounding the Earth, and of waters and metals. The fact that the Quran refers to the stages that the process of creation went through is also better understood by modern cosmology.

    If we remember the stories of creation of ancient Egypt, China and India, we encounter wild fancies such as a universe standing on a tortoise or as an eternally existing entity. None of the past civilizations had made any reference to the stages of this evolution. This message of the Quran contributes to a correct interpretation of Biblical exegeses of the concept of day. The message in the Bible that reads: “And on the seventh day God finished His work that He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work that He had done.” (Genesis 2, 2) was thus corrected, as fatigue was certainly out of the question for God.

    V38- We created the heavens and the earth, and all that lies between them in six days, and no fatigue touched us.
    50-Qaf, V38 [50-Sura Qaf, V38]

    CONTRIBUTION OF THE RELATIVITY THEORY

    Einstein postulated that the concept of time was relative. For Kant time was an innate function of reason. He contended that the perception of time was an a priori category. Einstein’s physics was henceforth the science that integrated time and space, so that, instead of space we had now space-time.

    There is something that must not escape attention, however: the perception of time is achieved by the intellect. Since according to our estimation, just as the special relativity theory establishes that velocity makes time relative and the general relativity theory postulates that gravity makes time relative, one should elaborate on “the intellect’s relativity” which posits that the intellect’s perception manner would render the relative perception of time. Like a key that fits the lock, our intellect also has the capacity of perceiving time and the universe. That is (1) time exists in the universe, (2) and the intellect is created with a priori abilities to perceive time and the universe. The two processes are coexistent, just like the coexistence of the world seen by us and the eyes.

    It seems to us only fair to add the intellect’s perception factor to Einstein’s concepts relating velocity and gravity and time. Comprehension of time’s relativity will contribute to a better understanding of the Quran. For instance, it is said in the Quran that the dead will think when resurrected that their span on the earth had been very brief. Once time’s relativity has been conceived, the puzzling question of the time to elapse from one’s death till the Day of Judgement will be clear. Such questions for the inquisitive mind that sees the time upon the earth as the only valid time regardless of the attending circumstances will find their answer, once time’s relativity is understood. Given the fact that a deceased person is outside the confines of the temporal dimensions of the earth, the time to elapse after his death, regardless of its actual duration, would be of no consequence.

    V45- On the day when He gathers them, it will appear to them as if they had tarried an hour of a day...
    10-Jonah, V45 [010 SURAH YUNUS, V45]

    V112- He said: “How many years did you stay on earth?”
    V113- They said: “We stayed a day or part of a day, ask those who account.”
    23-The Believers, V112-V113 [23 SURAH AL-MOMINOON, V112-V113]

    ANYONE AMONG US TIRED OF WAITING FOR EONS?

    The reason why the fifteen billion years that elapsed from the moment the universe was created until the creation of man was made clear by time’s relativity. In a different context, fifteen billion years may be conceived as one minute or even less. The length of its duration depends on our perception and standpoint.

    Scientists, based on the most recent and accurate calculations, assert that approximately fifteen billion years have elapsed since the creation of the universe until this very moment. Is there anyone who feels tired of waiting for eons? The evident answer being in the negative, the time the departed will have to wait as from their decease until resurrection will not cause anxiety in them. Comprehension of time’s relativity renders possible the solution of many problems believed to be beyond the grasp of the intellect.

    PROOF FROM NECESSARY VERSUS POSSIBLE BEING

    A host of celebrated philosophers like Avicenna (Ibn Sina), Farabi, Taftazani and Jurjani had recourse to this argument in proving God’s existence. They asserted that all the possible creatures upon the earth could not exist by themselves as they owed their existence to a Creator. “The created” requires a Creator while God, “the Self-Existent” (whose existence is a necessity) does not need a creator. The created is a product of causality; their existence or non-existence are within the confines of possibility. To think of the non-existence of the existent poses no contradiction. However, this does not hold true for the Self-Existing, God; otherwise the contradiction would be evident. Philosophers like Leibniz argued in like manner the principle of “Sufficient Reason.” According to him, the universe is made of possible beings. The universe itself is a possibility. If we try to trace back the chain of causality (which is impossible) until the infinite this would not explain the universe. Yes, the universe is a possibility but requires a Sufficient Reason outside its confines. To allege that the reasons may be traced back to the infinite would mean that we were created after eternity. But since eternity is endless there would be no question of any lapse of time after eternity; if there has been a chain of causality, it would necessarily follow that it had had an end. If there had been a chain of causality that came to an end, it would prove the existence of a “first cause.” There may be persons who would find the existence of a first cause difficult to grasp. On the other hand, an eternal chain of causes would be a self-contradiction.

    Absurd and incomprehensible are not the same thing. For instance, the structure of a space-shuttle may be incomprehensible for us, but we cannot deny its existence. The number 5 cannot be higher than the number 10; that is absurd. As the contrary is absurd (that the eternal chain of causes has led to this point), the existence of a first cause is a necessity (although there are those who contend that this argument is “beyond comprehension”).

    What I propose to do is to reformulate the approaches of a series of thinkers from Avicenna to Leibniz in the light of scientific data obtained in the twentieth century in a richer and more scientific context. Findings related to the relativity theory may be used for this end. That the perfect use of time existing only in relative terms in the universe, in the formation of the universal targets, can only be grasped by the existence of an Absolute and Indispensable Regulator, that the existence of time can only be explained in a satisfactory way by the Cause behind the creation of time, that the harmony existing between time and intellect can be imagined to exist by the presence of a Regulator outside the confines of time and intellect and that even time is a possibility depending on a Creator should be integrated for use with the explanation of the “proof from necessary versus possible beings.”

    C40:V81- Qur'an And He shows you His signs: Then which of the signs of God will you deny?

    Scimi
    Last edited by Bushwackk; 03-30-2017 at 04:46 PM.
    1 | Likes DarkMind liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  17. #73
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,352
    Threads
    127
    Reputation
    50175
    Rep Power
    78
    Likes (Given)
    8585
    Likes (Received)
    6165

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Looking at the works of Ibn Sina, Farabi, Taftazani and Jurjani as well as the works of Einstein, Newton, etc - we can see quite clearly that when Allah mentions in the Qur'an:

    [7:54] Your Lord is the one GOD; who created the heavens and the earth in six days,* then assumed all authority. The night overtakes the day, as it pursues it persistently, and the sun, the moon, and the stars are committed to serve by His command. Absolutely, He controls all creation and all commands. Most Exalted is GOD, Lord of the universe.

    [11:7] He is the One who created the heavens and the earth in six days—*and His (earthly) domain was completely covered with water—**in order to test you, to distinguish those among you who work righteousness. Yet, when you say, "You will be resurrected after death," those who disbelieve would say, "This is clearly witchcraft."

    [10:3] Your only Lord is GOD; the One who created the heavens and the earth in six days, then assumed all authority. He controls all matters. There is no intercessor, except in accordance with His will. Such is GOD your Lord. You shall worship Him. Would you not take heed?

    [25:59] He is the One who created the heavens and the earth, and everything between them, in six days, then assumed all authority. The Most Gracious; ask about Him those who are well founded in knowledge.

    [32:4] GOD is the One who created the heavens and the earth, and everything between them in six days, then assumed all authority. You have none beside Him as Lord, nor do you have an intercessor. Would you not take heed?

    [57:4] He is the One who created the heavens and the earth in six days,* then assumed all authority. He knows everything that enters into the earth, and everything that comes out of it, and everything that comes down from the sky, and everything that climbs into it. He is with you wherever you may be. GOD is Seer of everything you do.


    These are periods of measurement, in time - and time wasn't always a constant.

    For example, we know from modern cosmology that time moves differently in different parts of the galaxy, and universe. For example, an earth day is 24 hours, but how long is a Mars day? or a Jupiter day? When "space" affects "time" - we understand that "time" itself is not a constant. So, therefore a day cannot be a constant according to "time" and "space", and the perception of time is wholly dependant on the witnessing of its passing.

    To my knowledge, no human beings saw the universes creation... and so, the 6 periods mentioned in the Quran and the bible as "days" are indeed days (periods of time) but not in the way we measure them today. Nope. A Day by the reckoning of the creator is sometimes 1000 years, sometimes 50,000 years and sometimes even longer - dependant on what action is being referred to in the Quran.

    is it all relative? of course... Einstein himself had no problem with it.

    Scimi
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  18. #74
    Serinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,842
    Threads
    72
    Reputation
    10813
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    1154
    Likes (Received)
    2285

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    This whole "theory" = "fact" is what is many disbelievers say.

    In the scientific community, theories are accepted as facts. This is wrong, especially for the Theory of Evolution. BUT, how is it wrong for "Theory of Gravity" etc.?? why call it a theory when it is a fact? What attracts us to the Earth is what we call gravity.

    Anyways, Allah created this Universe in Six days, Earthly days? No. Time is relative. Allah can make a TRILLION of years pass by in a SECOND.

    So time is all relative. In fact Allah could have created this Universe in an instant, but He does as He wills.
    Allahu alam.
    1 | Likes Bushwackk liked this post
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

    Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

  19. Report bad ads?
  20. #75
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,352
    Threads
    127
    Reputation
    50175
    Rep Power
    78
    Likes (Given)
    8585
    Likes (Received)
    6165

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    False.

    Ptolemy inferred the bodies in space directly affected our destinies which is shirk, and he played this astrological card in his astronomical calculations - which Ibn Al Haythm the Muslim, corrected with his inference for God.

    You can research this if you like.

    Scimi
    Just to add to this, Ibn Al Haythm formulated the modern scientific method - which has inferences with God. So again, you'd be wrong.

    In fact, I can honestly make a claim against modern day science, because it seems to only follow this method when there is no contradiction in scientific dogma, but when there is - suddenly, the method which Ibn Al Haythm formulated, which got us this far in science today, becomes ignored in lieu of bias.

    Let's not forget, Piltdown man, among others - scientific embarrassments.

    Yet, they were sold as truth for over fifty years - by which time two generations of humans had already ascribed to the idea of atheism via the scientific propagations - and so, even they knew they'd been had with this lie - they'd already committed, and were not honest enough to deny their atheism, because - man is a creature of habit... and nurturing lies, has been on big long bad habit for the scientific communities since that time. And they know it, I know it.

    So my challenge remains,

    prove to me with all you got - that man evolved And I'll show you where you are going massively wrong in sha Allah.

    Scimi
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  21. #76
    Bushwackk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    DAWAH DIGITAL HQ
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,352
    Threads
    127
    Reputation
    50175
    Rep Power
    78
    Likes (Given)
    8585
    Likes (Received)
    6165

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serinity View Post
    This whole "theory" = "fact" is what is many disbelievers say.

    In the scientific community, theories are accepted as facts. This is wrong, especially for the Theory of Evolution. BUT, how is it wrong for "Theory of Gravity" etc.?? why call it a theory when it is a fact? What attracts us to the Earth is what we call gravity.

    Anyways, Allah created this Universe in Six days, Earthly days? No. Time is relative. Allah can make a TRILLION of years pass by in a SECOND.

    So time is all relative. In fact Allah could have created this Universe in an instant, but He does as He wills.
    Allahu alam.
    Theory of relativity is incomplete as it is untested out there in space - but the local theory sticks, although there are places on earth where gravity becomes wonky, like here:



    Imagine a convo between Newton and Einstein, two scientists of great reknown who both believed in a Divine Creator (MisterK, this also disproves your position)

    Scimi
    Last edited by Bushwackk; 03-30-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?


  22. #77
    MisterK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    110
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    418
    Rep Power
    14
    Likes (Given)
    247
    Likes (Received)
    146

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
    Greetings and peace be with you MisterK;

    life exists today, so we extrapolate back 3 -4 billion years when there was no life, and we conveniently use the ToE to fill in the gaps. Science cannot explain how life started in the first place, so science seems to skip this point, and talk evolution. If there was no God, then we would not exist, but God exists, and as others have stated, scripture clearly states that man did not evolve.

    In the spirit of searching for God,

    Eric
    Science cannot explain how life started yet. However, when it does, as it likely will be able to given enough time, that will not change whether or not there is a god. If, for example, we end up discovering that first there were viruses, which slowly developed, and from viruses came life, it would not change whether or not God set those events into the motion. It would not change whether or not all things were designed by an unseen hand, even if designed in such a way as to appear to not need a designer.

  23. #78
    MisterK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    110
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    418
    Rep Power
    14
    Likes (Given)
    247
    Likes (Received)
    146

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    False.

    Ptolemy inferred the bodies in space directly affected our destinies which is shirk, and he played this astrological card in his astronomical calculations - which Ibn Al Haythm the Muslim, corrected with his inference for God.

    You can research this if you like.

    Scimi
    This doesn't really refute my statement, as astrology is not science, no matter how one pretties it up with calculations. Simply being a scientist, or mostly logical or skeptical person doesn't inherently make someone immune to an irrational or unscientific points of view or belief.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    As for the theory of Creation, according to science - it still has massive holes in it. And anyone who claims that the theory is a fact, clearly needs to re-educate themselves on the dictionary term for theory and for fact. This a-contextual propagation by the scientists that a theory is factual, shows me how out of context they are with simple English and they have the hubris to believe they can convince us?
    Yes, the mechanics behind the origin of life is unknown. We have some ideas about it, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone claim with certainty that science knows how life began. This is irrelevent to evolution, however, which is the topic at hand. Evolution deals with life changing, adapting, and forming new species over time. It does not deal with the origin of life.

    As for scientific theories, a scientific theory is an explanation based upon a collection of facts and data obtained from both observation and testing. It is not the same as the generic, non-scientific notion of a theory, which can basically be used to describe a random idea. The defintion of the two uses of the word "theory" are different from one another. People often to like to incorrectly equate them as one and the same in order to try and disregard scientific evidence they don't like or agree with for philosophical or ideological reasons.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Just to add to this, Ibn Al Haythm formulated the modern scientific method - which has inferences with God. So again, you'd be wrong.
    While, obviously, I cannot have done extensive research on the topic in a day or so, from what I have seen, both from secular and Islamic sites, when referring to Ibn Al Haythm and the scientific method, is that it was based on pretty much the same things as the modern scientific method, no mention of God being required for it. Do you have any links or references that you can direct me to to show me where he infers God for his scientific methodology (beyond the idea of God being behind all things, as that implies God as the designer, but does nothing for explaining the mechanics of things).


    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    In fact, I can honestly make a claim against modern day science, because it seems to only follow this method when there is no contradiction in scientific dogma, but when there is - suddenly, the method which Ibn Al Haythm formulated, which got us this far in science today, becomes ignored in lieu of bias.

    Let's not forget, Piltdown man, among others - scientific embarrassments.

    Yet, they were sold as truth for over fifty years - by which time two generations of humans had already ascribed to the idea of atheism via the scientific propagations - and so, even they knew they'd been had with this lie - they'd already committed, and were not honest enough to deny their atheism, because - man is a creature of habit... and nurturing lies, has been on big long bad habit for the scientific communities since that time. And they know it, I know it.
    Your own statement sort of refutes itself, as it was scientists that refuted the Piltdown Man fraud. Besides, the fraud of Piltdown Man doesn't change the truth behind finds like Lucy or Ardi. When fraudulent claims are made in science, it is the work of other scientists that tend to refute it and clear the air. Science is always expanding, and is self-correcting. Sometimes that correction can be slow going, and some people can be resistant to it, even in the scientific community, sure, but it happens.

    As for evolution, you've already shown your bias against it, shown that you won't accept the mountains of evidence that support and show it to be true when you said;


    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    So my challenge remains,

    prove to me with all you got - that man evolved And I'll show you where you are going massively wrong in sha Allah.
    So I'll drop some links that detail evolution, and some of the evidence for it, though you've already made it clear it will be irrelevant to the conversation.

    http://necsi.edu/projects/evolution/...nce_intro.html

    http://anthro.palomar.edu/evolve/evolve_3.htm

    http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence

    http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/article/evo_01

    http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolib...ptions_faq.php

    And then I'll add these, to get your thoughts on them;

    Muslim thought on evolution takes a step forward

    And I'm trying to post a link to another link, but the board keeps editing the address, making it unlinkable. The post is called "Evolution in Islam" from the Answering Islamic Skeptics page.

  24. #79
    Eric H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    uk
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Christianity
    Posts
    3,221
    Threads
    28
    Reputation
    49094
    Rep Power
    110
    Likes (Given)
    3842
    Likes (Received)
    2399

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Greetings and peace be with you MisterK;

    As for evolution, you won't accept the mountains of evidence that support and show it to be true.
    I think there are mountains of assumptions regarding the ToE, the real evidence and detail seems to be lacking. For instance the evolution of the eye, and the full skeletal system.

    In the spirit of searching for God.

    Eric
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    You will never look into the eyes of anyone who does not matter to God.

  25. Report bad ads?
  26. #80
    Serinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Earth
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    2,842
    Threads
    72
    Reputation
    10813
    Rep Power
    24
    Likes (Given)
    1154
    Likes (Received)
    2285

    Re: Is human evolution compatible with the quran?



    If we see at games today. We know that map-making takes a lot of skill. and to implement the physics, does too. It requires creativity, knowledge, and comprehensive knowledge.

    It is nearly Impossible for 1 man alone to make a game like BF1 or any real-life-like game.

    So what about this world??

    Allahu alam.
    Is human evolution compatible with the quran?

    Meaning of Shirk according to The Qur'an
    " Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah " or " distributing anything exclusive to Allah, to anyone or anything else "

    Meaning of Tawheed according to The Qur'an
    Worshipping none but Allah. Affirming whatever is exclusive to Him, Him alone.

  27. Hide
Page 4 of 8 First ... 23456 ... Last
Hey there! Is human evolution compatible with the quran? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Is human evolution compatible with the quran?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. I'm not convinced that human evolution contradicts the Qu'ran...
    By MuslimCONVERT in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
  2. Human Evolution: Are Humans Still Evolving?
    By Lost&Found in forum Health & Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 09:06 PM
  3. Evolution (compatible to outlook) is slow?
    By syilla in forum General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 09:08 AM
  4. Music and human evolution
    By KAding in forum Health & Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 08:12 AM
  5. Fossil may fill human evolution lineage gap
    By root in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-13-2006, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
create