Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

View Poll Results: Which Maddhab do you follow?

Voters
27. Login to vote on this poll
  • Hanbali

    0 0%
  • Maliki

    1 3.70%
  • Shafi'i

    3 11.11%
  • Hanafi

    18 66.67%
  • None

    5 18.52%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 115 of 115
  1. #1
    Full Member Array Delete.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    363
    Threads
    25
    Reputation
    1679
    Rep Power
    2

    Which Maddhab do you follow? (OP)


    A'salamu alaykum.

    Anonymous poll.

    And, is there anywhere that teaches the 4 Maddhabs simultaneously, so as to compare and contrast them? And just generally learn about them
    1 | Likes Snow liked this post

  2. #101
    IB Oldskool sister herb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Gender
    Female
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    7,705
    Threads
    328
    Reputation
    50022
    Rep Power
    95
    Likes (Given)
    4837
    Likes (Received)
    5590

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Ok brothers there, calm down both and shake the hands (or something similar). Back to topic please.

    I am wondering why here isn´t any hanbalis (no votes for that option). Are they so rare?
    1 | Likes azc liked this post
    Which Maddhab do you follow?

    From Occupied Palestine:

    We have suffered too much for too long. We will not accept apartheid masked as peace. We will settle for no less than our freedom.




  3. #102
    Walking On Water Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    unplugged
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,011
    Threads
    76
    Reputation
    43524
    Rep Power
    62
    Likes (Given)
    7067
    Likes (Received)
    4830

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    What qualifications you have to say ''I don't need a madhab''. Even the muhaddisin, mufassirin and scholars followed 4 madhab and still follow. You are neither a scholar nor a muhaddis, nevertheless, you defy the madhabs ;and for me, you want me to be scholar to discuss this thread...? Strange logic..!
    God given logic:

    You read my post where I said I didn't require a madhab.

    The Prophet pbuh didn't inform me of any madhab - neither did he inform you of one.

    I have no problems with those who wish to adopt a madhab - good for them, but for me, I never really questioned the Qur'an or the Sunnah to need explanations of matters which really do not affect me personally.

    Seriously bro, I've seen people get twisted over which way to make salaah is the correct way, hands down by the sides, folded at the naval, or at the breast etc... stupid crap like this.

    I was taught hanafi way, to make salaah, the majority do it this way, so I am fine - other things do not affect me either, and should I have an issue with some matter in Islam, I can do my own research, and also read the opinions of scholars and come to my own conclusion.

    Allah gave me a brain, I don't need someone else to do my thinking for me. Others may, I have no issue with that. So far, I have not said anything on this forum which could be considered kufr, so I do not believe I have to change anything about myself in that sense.

    You can opine away as much as you like, but you seem to ignore my posts in this thread because it all goes in one ear and out the other.

    Naughty step, now. You been a bad little boy.

    Pay attention to people when they take the time to respond to you, bro.

    Islam is simple, matters of conflict are not. Glean from that what you will.

    Scimi
    Which Maddhab do you follow?

    Some people just wanna catch pokemon, while the world burns

  4. #103
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,610
    Threads
    101
    Reputation
    6297
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    568

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    God given logic:You read my post where I said I didn't require a madhab.The Prophet pbuh didn't inform me of any madhab - neither did he inform you of one.I have no problems with those who wish to adopt a madhab - good for them, but for me, I never really questioned the Qur'an or the Sunnah to need explanations of matters which really do not affect me personally.Seriously bro, I've seen people get twisted over which way to make salaah is the correct way, hands down by the sides, folded at the naval, or at the breast etc... stupid crap like this.I was taught hanafi way, to make salaah, the majority do it this way, so I am fine - other things do not affect me either, and should I have an issue with some matter in Islam, I can do my own research, and also read the opinions of scholars and come to my own conclusion.Allah gave me a brain, I don't need someone else to do my thinking for me. Others may, I have no issue with that. So far, I have not said anything on this forum which could be considered kufr, so I do not believe I have to change anything about myself in that sense.You can opine away as much as you like, but you seem to ignore my posts in this thread because it all goes in one ear and out the other.Naughty step, now. You been a bad little boy.Pay attention to people when they take the time to respond to you, bro.Islam is simple, matters of conflict are not. Glean from that what you will.Scimi
    when you discuss any topic with me, keep remember what you've written in other posts.

  5. #104
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,610
    Threads
    101
    Reputation
    6297
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    568

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    Ok brothers there, calm down both and shake the hands (or something similar). Back to topic please. I am wondering why here isn´t any hanbalis (no votes for that option). Are they so rare?
    now hambalis are found in books
    1 | Likes sister herb liked this post

  6. #105
    IB Oldskool ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,134
    Threads
    143
    Reputation
    48436
    Rep Power
    82
    Likes (Given)
    2526
    Likes (Received)
    4341

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by sister herb View Post
    I am wondering why here isn´t any hanbalis (no votes for that option). Are they so rare?
    Compared with Hanafi, Shafi'i, and Maliki, yes, Hanbali are small minority. Their number even smaller than non-madhabi.
    2 | Likes sister herb, noraina liked this post

  7. #106
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,610
    Threads
    101
    Reputation
    6297
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    568

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by ardianto View Post
    Compared with Hanafi, Shafi'i, and Maliki, yes, Hanbali are small minority. Their number even smaller than non-madhabi.
    I wish to meet a hambali, even on different forums I've not seen any hamabli.. Yet......

  8. #107
    Limited Member abuahmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    4
    Threads
    1
    Reputation
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Jazzak Allah Kheyr brother for your contribution and this scholarly definition, can you please rewrite it with common terms understandable by all of us, especially our revert brothers and sisters? Tjanks
    1 | Likes azc liked this post

  9. #108
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,610
    Threads
    101
    Reputation
    6297
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    568

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by abuahmed View Post
    Jazzak Allah Kheyr brother for your contribution and this scholarly definition, can you please rewrite it with common terms understandable by all of us, especially our revert brothers and sisters? Tjanks
    perhaps you are referring to post #91 wherein I defined what madhab is... It's my own definition of madhab. What are issues with madhab plz write them one by one

  10. #109
    Walking On Water Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    unplugged
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,011
    Threads
    76
    Reputation
    43524
    Rep Power
    62
    Likes (Given)
    7067
    Likes (Received)
    4830

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    when you discuss any topic with me, keep remember what you've written in other posts.
    You haven't responded to my post and just wrote a blanket statement.

    What's the matter? Running out of scholars to quote? Scholars, who I may add, who have done nothing to convince me of following a madhab.

    Come on bro, don't bail.

    Liven it up. Work my brain, not my boredom.

    Scimi
    Last edited by Scimitar; 4 Days Ago at 04:17 PM.
    Which Maddhab do you follow?

    Some people just wanna catch pokemon, while the world burns

  11. Report bad ads?
  12. #110
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,610
    Threads
    101
    Reputation
    6297
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    568

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    You haven't responded to my post and just wrote a blanket statement.What's the matter? Running out of scholars to quote? Scholars, who I may add, who have done nothing to convince me of following a madhab.Come on bro, don't bail.Liven it up. Work my brain, not my boredom.Scimi
    who can compel you to follow a madhab..? Indeed, none, but logically there should be any sterling reason why don't you require a madhab. Sadly, you beat about the bush instead of proving your point logically. I asked you a very simple Q: How do you follow Islam..? I'm surprised to see you refrain from answering it..?

  13. #111
    Walking On Water Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    unplugged
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,011
    Threads
    76
    Reputation
    43524
    Rep Power
    62
    Likes (Given)
    7067
    Likes (Received)
    4830

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    who can compel you to follow a madhab..? Indeed, none, but logically there should be any sterling reason why don't you require a madhab. Sadly, you beat about the bush instead of proving your point logically. I asked you a very simple Q: How do you follow Islam..? I'm surprised to see you refrain from answering it..?
    Brother azc, I have been following Islam. It't not difficult you know?

    How did the Sahabi follow Islam? With a madhab?

    Our deen is simple bro.

    You are looking rather ignorant, considering I have posted my answer to your question and even told you in another post, none of your business, because I see the question as "absolutely stupid".

    How do you practice your Islam?

    Come on bro, any sane person would tell you the same as I do - "with due dilligence". Duh.

    Now, if you cannot understand the intended from my answer, it just proves you are fundamentally incapable of understanding anything yourself, and so - people like you - REALLY DO NEED MADHABS.

    I simply, do not.

    Scimi
    Which Maddhab do you follow?

    Some people just wanna catch pokemon, while the world burns

  14. #112
    IB Oldtimer azc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    1,610
    Threads
    101
    Reputation
    6297
    Rep Power
    11
    Likes (Given)
    139
    Likes (Received)
    568

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Brother azc, I have been following Islam. It't not difficult you know?How did the Sahabi follow Islam? With a madhab?Our deen is simple bro.You are looking rather ignorant, considering I have posted my answer to your question and even told you in another post, none of your business, because I see the question as "absolutely stupid".How do you practice your Islam? Come on bro, any sane person would tell you the same as I do - "with due dilligence". Duh.Now, if you cannot understand the intended from my answer, it just proves you are fundamentally incapable of understanding anything yourself, and so - people like you - REALLY DO NEED MADHABS.I simply, do not. Scimi
    assalamu alaikum brother

  15. #113
    Walking On Water Scimitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    unplugged
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    6,011
    Threads
    76
    Reputation
    43524
    Rep Power
    62
    Likes (Given)
    7067
    Likes (Received)
    4830

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Wa'alaikum salaam
    Which Maddhab do you follow?

    Some people just wanna catch pokemon, while the world burns

  16. #114
    IB Oldskool ardianto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Indonesia
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    8,134
    Threads
    143
    Reputation
    48436
    Rep Power
    82
    Likes (Given)
    2526
    Likes (Received)
    4341

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by azc View Post
    I wish to meet a hambali, even on different forums I've not seen any hamabli.. Yet......
    Probably you have ever met or discuss with a Hanbali Muslim in this forum or others forums. But you didn't know.

  17. #115
    Limited Member fyi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Gender
    Male
    Religion
    Islam
    Posts
    18
    Threads
    0
    Reputation
    111
    Rep Power
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    8

    Re: Which Maddhab do you follow?


    Quote Originally Posted by nbegam View Post
    Why do you call it beautiful topic???? After Muhammad salla Allaho alaihi wa sallam, dividing Islam into four different ways and breaking the Ummatul Muslimah into four different sects--------- is it beauty?
    Implying they are 'sects'...

    I have yet to meet one Hanafi Imam that would say that either of the other 3 maddhab are wrong. Usually they go saying, all 4 of them are right and we choose the one that is closest to our beliefs. The beauty if maddhab is that it prevents a muslim from taking a wrong step. Look at the current problems of the middle-east, they are all caused by people who thought they knew better. They started to use the Quran in their own interest.

    When I was a kid my Islam teacher always said that it was better to abstain from touching, speaking or even being in the same room with them a women. The reason could be that I 'might' fall into zina. Even though some people can stop themselves from falling to Zina there are still alot who might not be able to stop themselves. Which is why it is prohibited. You see this is what makes maddhab important. Maddhab builds a wall inbetween right and wrong. Also there's literally no difference between following a maddhab and not following a maddhab.

    1 last thing, you just said that islam was broken into 4 'sects'. Yet your 'way' of not following any maddhab creates, maybe without intention, a new sect. It creates the sect of having no maddhab.

    This is where your logic of not following a maddhab gets completely debunked. There's no such thing as following no maddhab. Had every single muslim in the world follown one of the four maddhab we would have 0 trouble in solving the problems inbetween these groups. Because these groups are not sects. It is the same Jamaah: we accept eachother and we can pray together.

 

 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Hey there! Which Maddhab do you follow? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Which Maddhab do you follow?
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 1 Week Ago, 07:57 PM
  2. Why do we follow hadeeths?
    By volvic in forum Hadith
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-04-2015, 03:34 AM
  3. What Atheists Follow
    By Vigno in forum General
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-17-2010, 10:21 PM
  4. If God wants us to follow him ...
    By glo in forum Comparative religion
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 06:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •