/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sharon Is "War Criminal": London Mayor

kadafi
03-05-2005, 12:48 PM
CAIRO, March 4, 2005 (IslamOnline.net) – Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon is a "war criminal" who must be imprisoned for his systematic policies of "ethnic cleansing" against the Palestinian people, said London Mayor Ken Livingstone.
In a searing critique of the Israeli policies, Livingstone said that Israel has been demonizing Muslims, spreading misinformation about the scale of anti-Semitism and seeking to silence critics by calling them anti-Semitic.
"Ariel Sharon, Israel's prime minister is a war criminal who should be in prison not in office," Livingstone said in an article in mass circulation The Guardian on Friday, March 4.
" Israel 's own Kahan commission found that Sharon shared responsibility for the Sabra and Shatila [Palestinian refugee camps in Beirut ] massacre."
Sabra & Shatila are two refugee camps in Beirut the Palestinians resorted to after being forced to flee their villages and towns in 1948.
Belgium’s highest court had ruled that Sharon could face war crimes charges once he leaves office after an appeal by 23 Palestinian survivors of Sabra and Shatila massacres, in which between 800 and 2,000 Palestinian refugees were slaughtered by Israeli forces and allied Christian Phalangist militia in 1982 in Lebanon .
Sharon was defense minister at the time of the massacre, and he was forced to resign after investigations said he shared blame for the slaying.
"Ethnic Cleansing"

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon was responsible for the Sabra and Shatila massacres
The London mayor also accused the Israeli government of pursuing policies of ethnic cleansing against the Palestinian people and continuing seizures of the Palestinian lands.
" Israel 's expansion includes ethnic cleansing. Palestinians who had lived in that land for centuries were driven out by systematic violence and terror aimed at ethnically cleansing what became a large part of the Israeli state."
"Today the Israeli government continues seizures of Palestinian land for settlements, military incursions into surrounding countries and denial of the right of Palestinians expelled by terror to return,” Livingstone added.
Israel still occupied Lebanon’s Shebaa Farms and Syria’s Golan Heights for more than 40 years now.
It also continues to seize more Palestinian lands for building settlements and the separation wall, which veers into swathes of the West Bank and cut off many people off their farms.
The Hague-based International Court of Justice has deemed "illegal" the separation wall. The UN General Assembly also adopted a resolution calling on Israel to tear the wall down. But Israel, backed by Washington, defiantly refused to abide by the resolutions.
Misconception
Livingstone said the Israeli government has been disseminating misconceptions about the scale of anti-Semitism in Europe and conflating criticism to the Israeli policies as anti-Semitic acts.
"The Israeli government presented a "wholly distorted picture of racism and religious discrimination in Europe ", so it appeared Jews suffered most discrimination," he said.
"The reality is that the great bulk of racist attacks in Europe today are on black people, Asians and Muslims. They are the primary targets of the extreme right."
Sharon had earlier alleged that Muslims in Europe were posing a threat the lives of Jews, asking the latter to leave their European countries for Israel.
Pundits and linguists believe that Israeli officials and US neo-conservatives are using now "anti-Semitism" to stifle any criticism of the aggressive Israeli practices against the Palestinian people.
Outrage
The statements of Livingstone are expected to draw the outrage of Jewish groups in London and across Europe. Livingstone is a member of British Prime Minister Tony Blair’s Labor government.
Sharon and his government have come under fire from several public figures and human rights groups in Europe for adopting a hard-line policy against Palestinians.
In October, Alain Menargues, head of news at the state-owned Radio France International, his job, after he described Israel as racist.
“What was the first ghetto on the world? It was in Venice. Who made it? The Jews themselves, in order separate themselves from the rest. Afterwards Europe put them in ghettoes.
French President Jacques Chirac had earlier hit at Sharon, saying the hard-line premier was unwelcome in France.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
root
03-05-2005, 02:50 PM
The very "Contoversial" loose cannon Major of London compared a Jewish reporter to a "Concentration camp guard" and despite not apologising after even Tony Blair acknowledged he should apologise and heaps of pressure from the powers that be. He is still refusing, and going deeper into a political verbal mud throw, to me it suggests he is on his back foot.

جوري
11-17-2007, 07:00 PM
What happened to this SOB? is he still under going weekly treatment meant to protract his life one more day utilizing the blood of Palestinians?

Haven't heard any news about him in a while...

Cognescenti
11-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Wait a minute. Did anyone look at the date on the article? It is from March 2005. Quite possibly the Mayor of London might have said such a thing but did anyone read the article? It also quotes Chirac as saying Sharon is not welcome in France.

That is all well and good but Chirac is not in charge in France anymore and Sharon is comatose. At least we can be sure Sharon didn't get his feelings hurt.

This is not a news story...it's an assemblage of excerpted remarks critical of Sharon. I am surprised there is not something from his 3rd grade teacher about his late math homework.

Quite possibly, we are the victim of a web-robot assigned to post negative stories of Jews from its library of stories (which evidently needs to be updated). Right now the bot is probaby shopping around a story about Golda Meir's alleged love affair with Paul Newman during the filming of Exodus.

Still, I was persuaded. Sharon should most definitely be removed from office!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jayda
11-17-2007, 08:07 PM
hola,

i think almost everybody involved in this conflict could be called a war criminal. they are baptised in blood...

in my mind (and i am by no means politically knowledgeable) the key to the peace process in the middle east is forgiveness and not revenge or even justice. things have been so horrible for so long that it is impossible to bring every evil doer to justice... and it leads to too many arguments of interpretation and it delays and distracts from the work of peace.

this is such a gordion knot that instead of untangling it, someone should just cut it, by saying 'forget the past, if we continue this way there will be no future, let's talk about how we can live together.' i do not have answers for those next steps... bringing a solid peace or ensuring a future for the people in this area.

but i do believe the foundation for peace here must be built upon forgiveness and a clean slate... muiring each other in the morass of satisfying blood debts and justice will only delay and prevent the process from going forward.

i know this is not an easy thing to ask, if my entire family was killed by a missile while we were at the beach, or if my husband and children were killed by a bomber on a bus i would forever feel like i needed somebody to be held accountable and punished... but even then it would not restore my family nor would it bring a future for somebody elses' children. i would probably not be able to do it, i would need somebody else to take on the responsibility of pushing me into forgiveness... and maybe someday i would accept it, but the important thing would be that my emptiness and loss would not become the foundation for more pain and suffering inflicted upon a new generation.

sadly, the sins of the fathers are visited upon the children in this part of the world

que Dios te bendiga

جوري
11-17-2007, 08:37 PM
marvelous how the 'cognoscenti' pays attention to dates? Although I'll have to admit selectively as only yesterday he gave us some lip service about some dated graphs....

even more 'marvy' he took the time to teach us some yiddish, when he seems at a loss to spell his own 'nom de plume'

Indeed this is a dated article..I looked at the date...in my query however is a request for the *******s medical condition if at all. So give it a rest I can do without your frequent penetrative observations!

cheerio 'shmo' indeed an acceptable derivation of 'schmuck' so next time do some research before you purge....

Jayda
11-17-2007, 08:41 PM
hola purestambrosia,

i noticed you talk about medicine a lot... are you a nurse by any chance? i ask because i was an auxilliary and then an RN from high school into college, aside from my children it is my passion in life :)

que Dios te bendiga

جوري
11-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I am not a nurse, but I have a great deal of respect for them..

peace!

~Taalibah~
11-17-2007, 09:32 PM
:sl:
Every man jack of them will get their punishment in the end, Insha'Allah.
“What was the first ghetto on the world? It was in Venice. Who made it? The Jews themselves, in order separate themselves from the rest.
How true

Jayda
11-17-2007, 09:40 PM
hola

it is wrong to say that... i am always extremely disappointed to see the way jews are talked about on muslim webforums...

que Dios te bendiga

barney
11-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Weird how he outlasted Arafat. I always thought he would go first.

As for the war criminal part, Red Ken the mayor of London is generally veiwed as a bit of a joke here, like Gorgeous George Galloway or Tony Benn. It dosnt surprise me to hear him saying that sort of stuff.
Heres spme of his other stuff.
He said of David and Simon Reuben — two Indian-born British businessmen involved in a property development project for the 2012 Olympics — that "if they’re not happy they can always go back to Iran and see if they can do better under the Ayatollahs".

Cognescenti
11-17-2007, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
marvelous how the 'cognoscenti' pays attention to dates? Although I'll have to admit selectively as only yesterday he gave us some lip service about some dated graphs....
I really wasn't addressing my comments to you. Even so, you don't find it even slightly odd to have an article posted in the World Affairs section where the Mayor of London calls for Sharon to be removed from power when he is comatose?

even more 'marvy' he took the time to teach us some yiddish, when he seems at a loss to spell his own 'nom de plume'
No, it is "Cognescenti". I am a runner. It's a Nike brand. I was wearing them when I signed up. I'll change it to "New Balance" if it offends you.

cheerio 'shmo' indeed an acceptable derivation of 'schmuck' so next time do some research before you purge....
I am pretty sure you are wrong about that. "schmo" and "schmuck" can have similar meanings (as in a loser or dolt) but "schmuck" also has quite an offensive specific meaning. You might get away with schmo in polite conversation but "schmuck" I think would shock old ladies.

As Yiddish is a written language using the phoenecian alphabet and is not a transliteration of Hebrew, I don't think you will see it spelled "shmo".

In either event, I think it would be better not to call other posters by either word.

Cheerio (this is a rote expression not meant to convey affection or respect)

Jayda
11-17-2007, 10:07 PM
hola barney,

i am surprised... that sounds like something one would expect the duke of edinburgh to say...

Jayda
11-17-2007, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
I really wasn't addressing my comments to you. Even so, you don't find it even slightly odd to have an article posted in the World Affairs section where the Mayor of London calls for Sharon to be removed from power when he is comatose?

No, it is "Cognescenti". I am a runner. It's a Nike brand. I was wearing them when I signed up. I'll change it to "New Balance" if it offends you.

I am pretty sure you are wrong about that. "schmo" and "schmuck" can have similar meanings (as in a loser or dolt) but "schmuck" also has quite an offensive specific meaning. You might get away with schmo in polite conversation but "schmuck" I think would shock old ladies.

As Yiddish is a written language using the phoenecian alphabet and is not a transliteration of Hebrew, I don't think you will see it spelled "shmo".

In either event, I think it would be better not to call other posters by either word.

i wear new balance! you should make the switch they are really comfortable and they have a fair amount of rubber to cut down on impact :)

barney
11-17-2007, 10:13 PM

I Lolled

~Taalibah~
11-17-2007, 10:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola

it is wrong to say that... i am always extremely disappointed to see the way jews are talked about on muslim webforums...

que Dios te bendiga
H'lo
They bring upon themselves. I say that because i personally, although more my father, have been rudely and harshly spoke/treated by jews.

Jayda
11-17-2007, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sabeeha
H'lo
They bring upon themselves. I say that because i personally, although more my father, have been rudely and harshly spoke/treated by jews.
it is wrong of those who said and treated your father that way but you cannot speak about people like that... does you father speak about jews like this?

snakelegs
11-17-2007, 10:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Weird how he outlasted Arafat. I always thought he would go first.

As for the war criminal part, Red Ken the mayor of London is generally veiwed as a bit of a joke here, like Gorgeous George Galloway or Tony Benn. It dosnt surprise me to hear him saying that sort of stuff.
Heres spme of his other stuff.
He said of David and Simon Reuben — two Indian-born British businessmen involved in a property development project for the 2012 Olympics — that "if they’re not happy they can always go back to Iran and see if they can do better under the Ayatollahs".
even the israelis found that sharon was responsible for sabra and shatillah massacres.
i do not think "war criminal" is too strong a term for this man.
he also set up the 2nd intifada for his own political purposes.
that the israelis elected him to office is disgraceful.

Cognescenti
11-17-2007, 10:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola

que Dios te bendiga
Don't worry...it's not anti-semitism...it's just anti-Zionism :okay: :happy:

Jayda
11-17-2007, 10:32 PM
you're not helping

NoName55
11-17-2007, 10:56 PM
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/shmo

Noun1.shmo - (Yiddish) a jerk schmo, schmuck, shmuck
Yiddish - a dialect of High German including some Hebrew and other words; spoken in Europe as a vernacular by many Jews; written in the Hebrew script
dork, jerk - a dull stupid fatuous person

جوري
11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I don't care whom you are addressing it to, give it a rest!
my question still remains of the state of the *******... if you don't have an answer, and I assure you, your answers are worth jack in my book anyway.. then it might do you some good to refrain all together... there is no point in taking up web space with crap!

lol.. how amusing

They are essentially the same thing.. again, might do you some good to reflect before you write..as a general rule :smile:

http://www.wordwebonline.com/en/SHMUCK
  • Look up words in any Windows program:
  • download the FREE dictionary software.

• Noun: shmuck
  • (Yiddish) a jerk
  • - schmuck [N. Amer], schmo [N. Amer], shmo [N. Amer]
  • Derived forms: shmucks
  • Type of: dork, jerk
  • Encyclopedia: Shmuck

see above!

why when it is so befitting?

Right you are!

Amadeus85
11-18-2007, 12:09 AM
If Ariel Sharon is guilty he should have paid for his mistakes before court (if he wakes up from coma first). But what is sighnificant for Ken "Red" Livingstone and people from his political circlses is that he only has critical words for just one side of the conflict (always Israel) and crimes made by Arafat and Hamas are not mentioned.

NoName55
11-18-2007, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
If Ariel Sharon is guilty he should have paid for his mistakes before court (if he wakes up from coma first). But what is sighnificant for Ken "Red" Livingstone and people from his political circlses is that he only has critical words for just one side of the conflict (always Israel) and crimes made by Arafat and Hamas are not mentioned.
Sharon: made mistakes
Arafat: made crimes

hm.. interesting! (to say the least)

جوري
11-18-2007, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55

Don't you love it when guests err colonials make requests err demands of the home team when they themselves are in breach of every international human law?

I stopped replying to this buffoon; I don't want to at my age subscribe to a beta blocker.. he enjoys gabbing on every thread... which is essentially what most of them do, only some are better 'skilled' than others and I use that term very loosely!
:w:

Amadeus85
11-18-2007, 12:32 AM

I said like that because personally i dont know details of Sharon's responsibility of what hapenned in those Lebanon camps. If he was personally responsible for that, so it should be called as a crime surely.

NoName55
11-18-2007, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
I said like that because personally i dont know details of Sharon's responsibility of what hapenned in those Lebanon camps. If he was personally responsible for that, so it should be called as a crime surely.
lets recap

According to new age crusader and self-styled referee of LI

when Muslims do wrong it is a crime
when others do even worse, its just a silly mistake

source of freudian slip See >>

Amadeus85
11-18-2007, 12:49 AM
lets recap

According to new age crusader and self-styled referee of LI

when Muslims do wrong it is a crime
when others do even worse, its just a silly mistake

source of freudian slip See >>
I have already explained you.

Cognescenti
11-18-2007, 01:04 AM
It seems PA may be right on this one. "schmo" may be an Americanized version of "schmuk". Thank you for that information.

In any event, PA, please stop calling other posters that unless you want every post to be deleted. I know quite a few Spanish 4-letter words. Do you want to hear them?

As for Sharon, I think he knew what was going to happen at Sabra and Chatilla. He is therefore, partly to blame.

Ironically, it took Sharon to give back Gaza. That is how things work in Israel. It takes a right-winger to make any concessions to the Palestinians because a Peacenik will be villified by the Israeli right. Do you all want Netanyahu back? That is what will happen with continued violence. It is entirely predictable. Jews get blown up on a bus or a night club....electorate swings to the right. Rockets fall in civilian areas (which they always seem to do)...right winger wins.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
11-18-2007, 01:54 AM
Since its an extremely old thread:

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.