/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islam... is good for your health

sumay28
01-04-2006, 12:18 AM
I know that there is a lot of controversy surrounding Kevin Trudeau's book, "Natural Cures". Because he was locked up in the past, and people think all he wants is your money. Allah knows best his intentions, but a lot of things he compiles in his book holds a lot of truth as far as holistic health.

Christians and other religions should check out his book.. I have a few exerpts what will explain why, if any muslims here can step in and explain why I have chosen these specific exerpts ( I don't feel like typing a whole lot);

How to Never Get Sick Again (astafirallah)

Wear White- Colors affect energy. The closer you get to white, the more positive energy you bring into your energetic field. This may not be practical in everyday situations, however, having some white or light colored clothing as your general around-the-house attire can make you feel much better

Go bed at approximately 10:00 pm and arise at approximately 6:00 am. In ayurvedic medicine, it is believed that there are cycles that are the most conducive for certain activities. Going to bed at 10:00pm and arising at 6 am appears to allow the body to rest the deepest, rejuvinate the most, and gives the person the most energy throughout the day. Hormones that heal the body are released only between 10pm and 2am and are only released when the body is in a deep sleep.

Be thankful. Thoughts are things. Thoughts are powerful. when you wake up in the morning, take a moment and be thankful for the day. Before you eat a meal, take a moment and be thankful for the food. Before you go to bed, reflect and be thankful for the people and the experiences you have. Living a life of thankfulness creates happiness, peace, and promotes general health.

Do a 7-30 day fast

(I'm going to summarize this one and point out a few of them which is relative.
Eat only organic, kosher meat and poultry. This subject is inredibly complex. Oprah Winfrey had a show devoted to the meat industry, and was sued for expressing her opinions. She won. Any meat or poultry that is not organic and kosher is incredibly toxic.
- a conventional animal is slaughtered by being shot in the head with a bolt. The animal experiences incredible pain and trama. Adrenaline permeates the animal's tissue. The blood, which is loaded with toxins, also permeates the tissue. The trama causes the energy field in and around the animal to become highly negative. The animal usually dies in it's own urine and feces.

-An organic animal that is also kosher is killed in the most humane way possible, by slicing its throat. The animal experiences no pain, is immediately drained of all blood, its internal organs are inspected to make sure the animal is 100% healthy, and the tissue is salted to draw out any blood and kill any bacteria

(he also goes into other entirely discusting facts about conventional meat)

I'm also going to quote: "When I learned about this, I decided to eat only kosher organic meat. For thirty days, every day, I ate some kosher organic meat. I tried to monitor if I felt any difference. I could not detect anything specific or dramatic. I wasn't convince that it was such a big deal. I decided to throw a BBQ and invited several of my friends over to my home. I went to the butcher and bought the absuolute best, highest quality steaks made--conventional, Black Angus aged steaks" and then he goes on to say... "...Each person raved about how delicious and tender the steaks were. Some said they were the best they had ever eaten. I took one bite of mine and felt very odd. It was as if I was eating some "bad meat." I looked around at everyone else devouring their steaks and enjoying the delicious flavor. I asked my friend to taste my steak. He loved it. So i took another bite. As I checked and swallowed the meat I began to feel funny. Perspiration started on my forehead, I got pale, and my stomach felt very nauseous. I excused myself, went to the bathroom and threw up"

Do not Eat Pork -- remember, you are what you eat. Pork is highly toxic diseased food. A pig eats anything in its path, including its own feces. Whatever it eats turns to meat on its bones in a few hours. All pork products are laced with desease and viruses. It is toxic and unhealthy. The human body virtually goes into toxic shock by consuming pork. Massive amounts of blood and energy go to the stomach and intestines to help breakdown and digest this toxic material. Pork is never fully digested in the human body; however, the human digestive system works nonstop in overdrive for up to eighteen hours attempting to neautralize and digest pork. If you didn't eat pork for 30 days and then had some, there is an excellent chance you would be violently ill. Eliminating pork, or atleast reducing it dramatically, can have a profound impact on your health and sense of well-being. Try and see.

Find your life purpose (he goes into detail for this one)

There's more but I'm getting a cramp in my hand.. I think this is enough

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
cldnite
01-04-2006, 12:38 AM
Salamualaikum,

hmm.... i've never actually heard anything about kevin Trudeau, but it is quite interesting how a lot of the things he points out are sunnahs. the whole white clothes thing, eating kosher, sleeping at ten o'clock (which is about when the second part of the night starts), etc. is he muslim???

sumay28
01-04-2006, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cldnite
Salamualaikum,

hmm.... i've never actually heard anything about kevin Trudeau, but it is quite interesting how a lot of the things he points out are sunnahs. the whole white clothes thing, eating kosher, sleeping at ten o'clock (which is about when the second part of the night starts), etc. is he muslim???

No. I think he's a scientologist or something. He kind of mentions a bit about that in his book. There's alot more in his book that are sunnas. Like giving and recieving hugs (giving salaams), the health benefits of just smiling.. Also, he mentions about sunblock and how the sun is not what is giving people cancer, but the sunblock is giving the cancer. The book talks about the drug industry and how corrupt it is.. how drugs are making us more sick. It's an interesting buy.

snake
01-11-2006, 01:12 PM
its interesting how it fits in with the sunnah yet hes not a muslim.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
01-11-2006, 01:24 PM
salam
subhanallah the blessing of allah SWT
jazakallah for sharing sis
wasalam

Takumi
01-11-2006, 01:26 PM
He forgot to mention, eat when you're hungry and stop before you're full. That will prevent the obesity epidemic currently sweeping Western countries.

He also writes, don't watch the news. I'm 50-50 on this. News vary in different parts of the world. The documentary "Bowling for Columbine" shows that media manipulate FEAR in the people. We live in a culture of FEAR.

For example, FEAR of not having the best vehicle, FEAR of not being pretty, FEAR of not having those washboard abs, I can go on.

A friend of mine just gave his testimony about his grandmother who watches news almost 24/7, gives him a call every 3-4 hours or so, citing being scared because of a certain phenomenon going to happen that she had just watched in the news.

Remember Y2K?

sapphire
01-11-2006, 01:35 PM
interesting..........jazakallah for that.....

sumay28
01-11-2006, 07:13 PM
He also says to not watch TV because of the electromagnetic chaos. Dude... he's got a little fear factor in his book, as well.

Takumi
01-12-2006, 09:24 PM
We must have an element of fear somehow.

Fear or the hell fire, maybe?

Concealed Pearl
01-12-2006, 09:31 PM
good stuff! too bad he didn't become muslim after taking many of our prophet's teachings to use...makes me kinda mad that he never accredited these advices to the prophet (saw) and Islam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.