/* */

PDA

View Full Version : שלום and Sa'alam

yoshiyahu
03-10-2005, 04:48 AM
Shalom and Sa'alam,

I came upon this site after reading a thread posted by Ansar Al-'Adl.

I don't know if I'll do much talking, but I'll make a comment now and again ;)

Shalom - שלום

Yoshiyahu - יאשיהו

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kadafi
03-10-2005, 07:50 AM
Greetings yoshiyahu and welcome!

Sahabiyaat
03-10-2005, 09:00 AM
:alright:

welcum dear brother :)

Rayat an Nasr
03-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Welcome!!!
Hope you benefit from load-islam forums

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Uma Rayanah
03-10-2005, 11:15 AM
:sl:

Welcome Welcome...
Dear bro in islaam.. :brother:

Hope u enjoy ur stay....inshallah...

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Greeting Yoshiyahu! Glad to see you here.

I will enjoy discussing with you, both here and at your forum.
:)

I think you will also bring some balance to the discussions. I think you are our first Jewish member.
:)
:w:

yoshiyahu
03-10-2005, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
btw where r u frm ?
Hi Zak, I live in the SouthWestern parts of the USA.

Khattab
03-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Welcome aboard Yoshi.

Also can i ask why arent jews allowed to write the word God? Some friends of mine where the same but I never asked why.

Uthman
03-10-2005, 07:17 PM
:sl:

Welcome the the forum! Hope you have an enjoyable stay!

yoshiyahu
03-10-2005, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amir
Also can i ask why arent jews allowed to write the word God? Some friends of mine where the same but I never asked why.
The names of G-d are usually not written out because we are not supposed to destroy things with his name on it. To quote jewfaq.org

Judaism does not prohibit writing the Name of God per se; it prohibits only erasing or defacing a Name of God. However, observant Jews avoid writing any Name of God casually because of the risk that the written Name might later be defaced, obliterated or destroyed accidentally or by one who does not know better.

The commandment not to erase or deface the name of God comes from Deut. 12:3. In that passage, the people are commanded that when they take over the promised land, they should destroy all things related to the idolatrous religions of that region, and should utterly destroy the names of the local deities. Immediately afterwards, we are commanded not to do the same to our God.
The prohibition technically does not apply to electronic mediums (like forums) or non-Hebrew translations, but some (like myself) avoid writing them in it as a precaution.

yoshiyahu
03-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

When was this forum started?

Brother_Mujahid
03-10-2005, 10:04 PM
a month or two

Khattab
03-10-2005, 11:32 PM
thanks for explanation yoshi :thumbs_up

Maryam
03-10-2005, 11:39 PM
Welocme to the Forum brother.
i hope you find it benefical, and enjoy ur stay ;)

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-11-2005, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu
The names of G-d are usually not written out because we are not supposed to destroy things with his name on it.
Muslims are also very cautious about the same things. However, Muslims usually dispose of papers with God's name on it, by burning it.

Here's the fatwa:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=21511&dgn=4

yoshiyahu
03-11-2005, 03:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Muslims are also very cautious about the same things. However, Muslims usually dispose of papers with God's name on it, by burning it.

Here's the fatwa:
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=21511&dgn=4

Thank you for that information.

The practice is similar in Judaism, except we do not burn them. Usually they are buried in a special manner.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-11-2005, 10:52 PM
Yes, we can bury them too. Also acceptable to some people is shredding the paper so that the word is no longer intact.

Khattab
03-11-2005, 11:44 PM
I have always thought the muslims closer to jews than the christian in beliefs, on the basis that we both beleive in the Tawheed (ie the oneness) of Allah (SWT) and many other similarities.

SpaceFalcon2001
03-12-2005, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amir
I have always thought the muslims closer to jews than the christian in beliefs, on the basis that we both beleive in the Tawheed (ie the oneness) of Allah (SWT) and many other similarities.
Oh quite. The Christians are just horrid when it comes to ONE God of no form! People are always saying that Judaism and christianity are most alike, but this is just not true when you compare and examine their beliefs. They are hypocrites, hedonists, and idolators in my opinion, and I mean that. More of their religion is built on the idea of the church and Paul than from Jesus. They abuse scripture, picking and choosing what they believe of it, and use underhanded tecniques to both convert others and keep them in their religion through psycological destruction. Islam has none of that.

Islam will always be much closer to Judaism than christianity.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-12-2005, 12:33 AM
I think that there are certainly Christians who fall into the category that you described, but I have also had the pleasure of dialoguing with some very nice Christians, whom I believe are closer followers of Prophet Jesus pbuh. Many of them do not believe in the twisted doctrines of Paul.

But I do find it interesting that Judaism is always grouped with Christianity in Interfaith discussions, and Islam tends to be grouped with Hinduism, Buddhism or Sikhism.

But really, Judaism and Islam are very close. And muslims understand this because we believe that Prophet Moses carried the same message as Prophet Muhammad peace be upon them both.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.