/* */

PDA

View Full Version : God is; so He exists . . .

أحمد
03-10-2005, 05:51 PM
:sl:

:) We've studied the Ontological argument at college, a while back in Religious Studies, and I noticed that it's an argument which early Muslim scholars have used before Anselm. One very well known is Abu Hamid al-Ghazali; who took the argument directly from Surah al-Ikhlas. And that one is by far better than the Anselm's one used today in arguing for the existence of God.

:shade: Please do read Surah al-Ikhlas (chapter 112) and also try to understand it. It is by far the best of any possible ontological argument.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Maryam
03-10-2005, 05:53 PM

Marshallah brother, i'll try to understand it, but know it off by heart, alhamdiullah.
Thanks for sharing, brother :) :thumbs_up

أحمد
03-10-2005, 05:59 PM

Also Anselm's argument is as follows:

"God is that than which nothing greater can be concieved"
If the definition of God is to be understood by an individual then he/she is forced to conclude that God exist's.

:D Alhamdulillah. Now compared to the Quranic argument, this is nothing.

أحمد
03-10-2005, 07:32 PM

:bravo: Alhamdulillah. Now we can clearly see why the Quran is the proof of God's existence, :D where all other ontological arguments fail; :shade: this one succeed's. ;) Also please refer to Surah al-Kahf 18: verse 1.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
03-10-2005, 08:32 PM

Br. Ahmed Waheed, why don't you explain the ontological argument for us?

jazakAllah Khayr.

Uthman
03-10-2005, 09:59 PM

Heres a link but I think Br. Ahmed Waheed can provide an even better explanation.

أحمد
03-11-2005, 03:15 PM

:D Alhamdulillah. I see :brother: Osman's provided us with a good link for the ontological argument. :zip: So I don't have to say much now . . .

:shade: I'll just sit back and relax (not) while you work out what I meant. Imam Ghazali wrote a book; I can't remember the title, but it was part of his kalam arguments (that what they are known as anyway).

أحمد
03-11-2005, 04:56 PM

:) In one sense its good, that you get to prove Islam as the Religion of truth in debates against the teachers (they are non-Muslims)

أحمد
03-13-2005, 01:26 AM

:) Don't worry :brother: Hash. :p We're going to set-up a decent Islamic Society at Mathew Bolton College (I'm not sure how the college name is spelt) Insha-Allah . . . :shade: ;)

:) It would be very good if you could join the CISA; I'll explain some other time Insha-Allah, but if you want to join; please try to come to the meeting on Saturday 19th March (next week), at 12pm to Al-Hijrah School, on Burbidge road. That's in the Bordesley Green area. Please do ask me if you don't know how to get there. I would also still recommend brother Haroon to join as well, because it is actually there for a reason.

:zip: btw :brother: Hash, what school do you go to?

Eddi
03-13-2005, 01:35 AM
:thumbs_up Good CISA. Good Qari. Nice work. Keep it up (well its obvious enough)

Eddi
03-13-2005, 01:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hash

Oh right, well i should be going to matthew bolton college and i dont think they offer religous studies course, thats a shame. I am really enjoying it now in my year 11 GCSE course, should be a easy A* insh'Allah.

I think you should come to JC!

أحمد
03-13-2005, 07:34 PM

:shade: Well actually Eddi come's to JC, and you'll only get positive feedback from him about the Islamic Society, and all I can say is; that its good and I run the Islamic Society . . . :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :p :p :p ;) ;D

أحمد
03-14-2005, 01:17 PM

:D Anyway, back to the topic; "God is; so He exists". Surah al-Ikhlas; a chapter from the Quran has been telling us for the past one and a half millenium, and we notice it, only after a long time. The Prophet (saw) taught the sciences of Tawheed as basic beliefs. Today we take like rocket-science. Knowledge has dropped a gret deal low. So let us turn to Allah for help. May Allah guide us . . . Ameen

:D Would anyone like to point out some of the concepts of tawheed from Surah al-Ikhlas? I'll start you off:

Tawheed ar-Rabubiyah, second verse . . .

root
03-14-2005, 01:24 PM
The same basis of arguement for creationism. You are here in complexity, thus you must have been created.

أحمد
03-14-2005, 01:29 PM

:D And that's a nice way towards the teleological argument as well . . . :p ;)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.