/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Learning Arabic

yoshiyahu
03-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Greetings,

I am interested in begginning to learn the Arabic language, (G-d willing) I would like to start this upcoming June. By then I believe I will be advanced enough in Hebrew to safely start learning a new language.

I am looking for some resources to first learn the Arabic aleph-bet/alphabet first (I would like to learn it before June) and then for something to help me learn Arabic grammar and vocabulary. Would y'all have any recommendations?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
03-11-2005, 12:11 AM
I would recommend the Rosetta Stone software. It is very good quality. It is what the US Military uses, as well.

:w:

SpaceFalcon2001
03-11-2005, 01:40 AM
A cheap way to learn the alphabet and a basic vocabulary is a book called "The Arabic alphabet How to read and write it" by Nicholas Awde and Putros Samano

Definatly the best book out there on the Arabic alphabet. You'll be able to write the languages (and recognize it) in no time.

yoshiyahu
03-11-2005, 02:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-Adl
I would recommend the Rosetta Stone software. It is very good quality. It is what the US Military uses, as well.

Have you used it before? I've heard it before, but previously wasn't able to afford it (200$/package) because I did not have a job. B"H, I have one now and will be able to afford them starting next month.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
SpaceFalcon2001
03-11-2005, 03:31 AM
By the way, here's the link to the book I mentioned: The Arabic Alphabet
Only 8$, best book ever to learn the basics.

أحمد
03-13-2005, 01:05 AM
:sl:

:D And another way would be to stay on this forum and go to "Do u speak Arabic?" in "Halal Fun". Now, that's also a good way of learning arabic, and its step by step type of thing as well . . . :shade: :p ;)

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-13-2005, 01:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yoshiyahu
Have you used it before? I've heard it before, but previously wasn't able to afford it (200$/package) because I did not have a job. B"H, I have one now and will be able to afford them starting next month.
I recently got it and I did the first few lesson. It was very good. For example, one excercise shows four pictures and a word is spoken in arabic. You have to click on the picture which represents that word.

أحمد
03-13-2005, 01:15 AM

:p :brother: Ansar. That really sounds quite good . . . :applaud: ;)

Eddi
03-13-2005, 01:40 AM
I think we should all try to learn arabic language, its a very useful language, because the Quran is in arabic.

yoshiyahu
03-14-2005, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Waheed

:D And another way would be to stay on this forum and go to "Do u speak Arabic?" in "Halal Fun". Now, that's also a good way of learning arabic, and its step by step type of thing as well . . . :shade: :p ;)

I'll check it out.

yoshiyahu
03-14-2005, 12:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eddi
I think we should all try to learn arabic language, its a very useful language, because the Quran is in arabic.
I plan to, but I am going to finish learning the language my scriptures are written in first (Hebrew).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.