/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Profile Field titled "Religion"

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-11-2005, 12:26 AM
:sl:
The way we have been identifying people on this forum based on their religion, has been the gender icon.

But since this website is targeted to non-muslims as well, and our community of non-muslims is increasing, I thought we should include a place where people can enter in their religion (like the way we type in location), which will appear in the side profile.

How about it?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
SpaceFalcon2001
03-11-2005, 03:37 AM
I like it! Either that or start adding some icons for other religions, that sounds good too.

yoshiyahu
03-11-2005, 09:55 AM
I think that would be an excellent idea. A christian forum that uses the same software as this forum, http://www.theologyweb.com/, has that and each member's religion (if they submit an answer) is identified with an icon. Ex: a shield of david for Jews, a cross for christians, a question mark for agnostics, etc.

kadafi
03-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Greetings,

It'll be added soon!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ansar Al-'Adl
03-13-2005, 04:56 AM
Thanks bro!

SpaceFalcon2001
03-13-2005, 05:35 AM
Let us know when!

Sephiroth
03-13-2005, 07:23 AM
Wouldn't it make the two types of genders kinda redundant then?

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-13-2005, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth
Wouldn't it make the two types of genders kinda redundant then?
Perhaps. But that will just serve as an identification of Muslim or Non-muslim.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-19-2005, 10:04 PM
You haven't forgotten about this have you Br. Kadafi?

Umm Yoosuf
03-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Thats an excellent idea!

kadafi
03-21-2005, 07:03 PM

The problem is bro, that I'm still workin' on a horizontale postbit. After I finished with that one, I'll automatically add the suggested profile field.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Oh, okay. No hurry.

...horizontal postbit? :confused:

I guess I'll just wait and see what it is! :D

Uthman
03-21-2005, 09:15 PM

I think thats where all the profile information in people posts are displayed on the top rather than the left hand side. :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Oh! So we get that option?

I remember at the very beginning the forum had the info on the top.

Uthman
03-22-2005, 08:56 AM

When I hadn't come yet . . . .

Hey, when I did sign up here then you went away! I thought it was because of me! Or was it? :omg:

And then I was posting here like mad and became the top member and everything, but then inevitably you came back to spread your knowledge! ;) And then I shyed away from my long, long posts. Actually, they're not long at all! But strangely enough, they did seem long at the time . . .

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-22-2005, 02:26 PM
You should become a top poster again.

Uthman
03-22-2005, 03:12 PM

No, I shouldn't. You should always be. You have a lot of knowledge and I don't have much. If I am to learn from you then I can't exactly be top poster! In fact, I was waiting for you to get your post count up cos' it just didn't feel right!

So I'm really proud to be your friend. You won't forget about me, will you? :beard:

P.S. What was the topic about again? Ah, yes. I don't like the idea of them horizontal post-bits! But I'm sure it'll look cool. :) Self-contradictory or what? LOL!

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-22-2005, 06:30 PM
If we only wanted knowledge we could read books. The forum is about discussions and you help keep the atmosphere lively and happy. :)

I hope everything is going well with br. kadafi's work on the horizontal postbits.

Uthman
03-24-2005, 03:05 PM

Aye, what tidings of the horizontal postbits, O rider of rohan? :)

yoshiyahu
04-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Any news?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-07-2005, 12:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Aye, what tidings of the horizontal postbits, O rider of rohan? :)

u read too much lotr, not that i dont either lol

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-07-2005, 12:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
The way we have been identifying people on this forum based on their religion, has been the gender icon.

But since this website is targeted to non-muslims as well, and our community of non-muslims is increasing, I thought we should include a place where people can enter in their religion (like the way we type in location), which will appear in the side profile.

How about it?

Yes brother Ansar, i like ur idea, so when will it be final???

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-07-2005, 03:24 AM
Br. Kadafi is caught up with a lot of work right now, both website related and unrelated. He is also working on a horizontal postibit first as he just mentioned.

I think he will let us know when he adds this soon Insha'Allah.

yoshiyahu
04-10-2005, 01:31 AM
The guys at http://www.theologyweb.com/forum/ - a christian forum - have the same thing. Maybe you could just ask them for their code?

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Its done, bro. Check the announcements.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.