/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of Holy Places

Pages : [1] 2

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-07-2005, 10:52 PM
This is a thread for people of all different religions where we can share images of our Holy Places, eg. Mosques, Churches and Temples, in the spirit of interfaith relations.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ansar Al-'Adl
03-07-2005, 10:53 PM
3 Holy Mosques:

THE KAABA

--------------------

MASJID AN-NABAWI

---------------------

MASJID AL-AQSA

Uma Rayanah
03-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Asalaamu Alikum,,

Mashallah Mashallah..

it's all beautiful indeed..

.inshallah i'll see me self standin in each one of them inshallah...

Jazkaa Allahu Khiraah

WomanOfJihad
03-07-2005, 11:03 PM
:sl:
SUBHANALLAH ... its just soo Temptinggg ..

inshallah i'll see me self standin in each one of them inshallah...
INSHALAHHHH SOON!!

* luky those who have been n go every year *

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Khaldun
03-07-2005, 11:07 PM

As a side note...its unbelieveable how many muslims fail to recognise masjid Aqsa, truly sad.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-07-2005, 11:09 PM
THE BLUE MOSQUE OF TURKEY:

BETTER IMAGE HERE: (BIG)
http://www.physics.sdsu.edu/Istanbul...bluemosque.jpg

ANKARA MOSQUE:

BAHRAIN MOSQUE:

CHINA MOSQUE:

MALAYSIA MOSQUE:

JUMEIRAH MOSQUE:

INTERNATIONAL MOSQUE:

DOME OF THE ROCK (NOT AL-AQSA!)
attachmentphp?attachmentid206 -

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-07-2005, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

As a side note...its unbelieveable how many muslims fail to recognise masjid Aqsa, truly sad.
Right on bro. I distinguisehd between Al-Aqsa and Dome of the Rock (which is in my second post).

Khaldun
03-07-2005, 11:13 PM
:sl: the ppl that go around these masajids....they look like tourists to me....hmmm

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-07-2005, 11:14 PM
It looks like that in the picture of the Bahrain mosque and Ankara Mosque.

If these Masajid have becomes sight seeing locations, that is shameful.

Khattab
03-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Im sure there is a prophecy of the Messenger (SWH) where he said in the end of times people will compete in building and designing masjids, and they wont even be used looking at a few of them they look deserted eventhough the look very nice

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-08-2005, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Amir
Im sure there is a prophecy of the Messenger (SWH) where he said in the end of times people will compete in building and designing masjids,
Two prophecies there.
1.Sahih Bukhari
Volume 9, Book 88, Number 237:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle, (3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of Religious scholars) (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance ---- so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it, (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place (11) and till the sun rises from the West. So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' (6.158) And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it."

2. It was narrated on the authority of Abu Al-Darda’ who said: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: If you decorate your mosques and copies of the Glorious Qur’an, the (vehement) wind will overwhelm you all.

and they wont even be used looking at a few of them they look deserted eventhough the look very nice
True. They do seem deserted.

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-10-2005, 02:31 AM
*Poll added*

BlissfullyJaded
03-10-2005, 03:56 AM

Voted Masjid Al Haram.. It really puts you in awe and you're more sincere. The desingn is really wonderful. Same with Masjid Al Nabawi.

I kinda think some of the masjids in other places look more like a tourist attraction..they're quiet..and when its full, people tend to talk more than do dhikr. I know where I am, all of a sudden people started building several masajid. Thats great, but they did for show..because they themselves hardly ever go to the masjid! :(

Ya Allah guide the Muslims to become righteous..

root
03-10-2005, 12:23 PM
I go to York every year, and always visit York Minster............

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for posting the picture root. Very nice.

Khaldun
03-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Peace

root do you go for religious perpose? or just to look at the building?

root
03-10-2005, 03:14 PM
Peace

root do you go for religious perpose? or just to look at the building?
I don't go for religous reasons. I go so my kids can appreciate the History of the of England and to pay my respects to the fallen men of the British Armed Forces. I also like the Choir who's voices boom throughout it's large space and stone interior, quite humbling.

Their are two occasions when I feel quite touched. One is a visit to York Minster, the other is standing on the Shore of the Arabian Sea in Karachi. The strong warm air is like nothing you can experience in the UK.

Far7an
03-10-2005, 03:52 PM
I thought id take this chance to post a picture of a masjid very close to my heart. :love:

WomanOfJihad
03-10-2005, 04:22 PM

SubhanAllah all the masaajid are beautiful .. but nearly all of them look really modernised and more of a tourist place like sum members have mentioned it above ..but the Real BEAUTY and BARAKAH lies in KAABA, Al AQSA , and NABAWI :thumbs_up

أحمد
03-10-2005, 05:22 PM

:applaud: Alhamdulillah. They're all very nice, but I would say that picture may not be enough, as I have heard from people who have been Hajj. It's the feeling they say they have, which is not something you can describe in words. If any of you have been, please do share it with us . . . :D :D :D :D :D

PS: What is rep power all about? :confused:

Maryam
03-10-2005, 05:51 PM

I love the kabaa and the Prohet's Mosque manily, coz' at night, the lights on the mosques, marshallah its soo beautiful!!! :shade: :shade:
Its nearly the same as the photographs you've seen, but much more beautiful when ur near there, to be honest.
I went there last year, marshallah, and planning again to this year inshallah.
So i will be missing each and every one of you. :) :zip:

أحمد
03-10-2005, 06:04 PM

:applaud: And likewise, you will be missed by all the rest of this forum as well . . . :-[

Maryam
03-10-2005, 10:16 PM
OMG!!
2 weeks left, and then BHAM!!!

aww...again 2 weeks off, then come back, lots to catch up on...
ohh....sounds like LOADS of homeworks after returning, coz' reading is lots of work to put ur prssure in!

OMG OMG!!!!
awwwww :thumbs_do

Brother_Mujahid
03-10-2005, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247
I thought id take this chance to post a picture of a masjid very close to my heart. :love:

hahah i saw that and went hey....... what i know that place looks wery familiar. :D

very close to ur house u mean, aswell as heart :shade:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-14-2005, 12:54 AM

Post all your pictures of Islamic sites here!!!

wasalam

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-14-2005, 01:29 AM
'sites' as in places?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-14-2005, 01:44 AM
yes

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-14-2005, 01:45 AM

Ibn Abi Ahmed
03-14-2005, 01:46 AM
i love the last one its the Haram and its the only brightest place among the other buildings in Makkah Mashallah

wasalam

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-14-2005, 02:03 AM

This thread will be merged with the already existing thread on "Pictures of Holy Places".

Ansar Al-'Adl
03-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Why don't our Jewish and Christian friends post some pictures of their places of worship, and maybe wqe can also discuss the simmilarities and differences in the way we worship.

Uma Rayanah
03-19-2005, 08:49 PM

I defiantly will go Ka'baah..

Mashallah inshallah i will see my self there one day...

SpaceFalcon2001
03-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Most of our holy sites reside in Israel, some are abusivly WAQF controlled, the most abusive being Judaism's second holiest site: the Cave of the Patriarchs. See Demands for Equal Rights for the Jewish People at Ma'arat HaMachpela

There is also the tomb of rachel:

Truly, the Kotel is the greatest prayer site of Judaism, and we are forbidden from entering the hill where the Dome of the Rock sits due to the nature of the mount. This was the very first Qibla for Muslims before the rift between Muhammed and the Jews.

However, we Jews also pray sometimes at an Ohel (a Tent) where a tzaddik (righteous Jew) is buried with the hopes that the tzaddik will speak for our behalf with HaShem.

Finally, there is the most known: The synagogue

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the post, SF2K.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
04-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Im just curious, Space Falcon are u a jew??,

SpaceFalcon2001
04-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Way of Life: Jewish <-- isn't that why we have this? 8)

Uthman
04-14-2005, 04:43 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
Why don't our Jewish and Christian friends post some pictures of their places of worship, and maybe wqe can also discuss the simmilarities and differences in the way we worship.
Good idea o most esteemed Ansar! (Ratatosk style ;) )

format_quote Originally Posted by Sister in Islam
I defiantly will go Ka'baah..

Mashallah inshallah i will see my self there one day...
2 entries found for defiantly.

de&#183;fi&#183;ant

( P ) Pronunciation Key (d

-f

nt)
adj. Marked by defiance; boldly resisting.de&#183;fi

ant&#183;ly
adv.
defiantly
adv : in a rebellious manner; "he rejected her words rebelliously" [syn: rebelliously, contumaciously]

May I assume you meant definitely, sister? :)

Very interesting post SpaceFalcon! :) Thanks for sharing. :)

jonny1818
04-25-2005, 11:03 AM
Very interesting !
So far as israeli army controlling the religious sites in israel , i apologise on behalf of the jewish people ....
As you know many jewish people are opposed to zionist government , many Famous Rabbis forbid Jews to go and live in Israel in accordance with the Talmud , please see http://www.famousrabbis.com/satmarrebbe.htm
at the bottom of the page explains in english the reasons !
The holy muslem sites in Israel , in accordance with jewish spiritual laws should belong 100% to the Muslems !

Ra`eesah
04-25-2005, 11:07 AM

Br.Osman... u used the dictionary?

format_quote Originally Posted by Osman

Good idea o most esteemed Ansar! (Ratatosk style ;) )

2 entries found for defiantly.

de·fi·ant

( P ) Pronunciation Key (d

-f

nt)
adj. Marked by defiance; boldly resisting.de·fi

ant·ly
adv.
defiantly
adv : in a rebellious manner; "he rejected her words rebelliously" [syn: rebelliously, contumaciously]

May I assume you meant definitely, sister? :)

Very interesting post SpaceFalcon! :) Thanks for sharing. :)

??? WHY didnt anyone tell me i have been replaced? :-[

Akhira
04-25-2005, 02:10 PM
http://www.tropical-island.de/BWN%20...0night%20b.jpg

Ansar Al-'Adl
04-25-2005, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jonny1818
Very interesting !
So far as israeli army controlling the religious sites in israel , i apologise on behalf of the jewish people ....
As you know many jewish people are opposed to zionist government , many Famous Rabbis forbid Jews to go and live in Israel in accordance with the Talmud , please see http://www.famousrabbis.com/satmarrebbe.htm
at the bottom of the page explains in english the reasons !
The holy muslem sites in Israel , in accordance with jewish spiritual laws should belong 100% to the Muslems !
:sl: and welcome to the forum! Interesting post of yours. :) I think it would be a great idea if you introduced yourself in the "Introduce yourself" forum.

Looking forward to your posts. :)

S_87
05-09-2005, 02:00 PM

masjid e Haram looks lovely..and masjid e nabawi.. i dunno just looking at those pictures u can sense the peace there!

well i would like to say that in my area there are too many masjids! the main masjid is called madinah masjid...now next to madinah masjid is the madinah madrassa stil in debt cos it cost 3.1 million.
now a few people had a tift. less than a minute behind it is a massive masjid and madrassa. 5 mins behind that is jame masjid

two minutes in front of madinah masjid is masjid e noor and madrassa. 30 seconds in front of this is masjid e noor ul islam.
*walking distances*

reason?dis unity what else? :(
theres a couple more too just cant remeber names... but these masjids are mostly all in debt except one...and the saffs are not filled up either.

Uthman
05-09-2005, 05:48 PM

Oh dear sister amani. :( We talk about unity and this and that but our words never become action. :(

This is a certain Zawawi mosque in Japan:

Danish
05-09-2005, 05:56 PM
I voted for kabaa, but i think masjid ul nabwi and Malaysia Masjid r very beautful too mahsallah

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Assalamo-alaiukum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

Wallahi that is a beautiful picture of the mosque in Japan!

ABDULLAH SAOOD
05-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-wa-rahmatullah-hey-wabrakatu

reason?dis unity what else?
theres a couple more too just cant remeber names... but these masjids are mostly all in debt except one...and the saffs are not filled up either.
Same in our area unfortunately. It also stems from pride - if Mosque X has refurbished and spent £1m then why should we be behind - right we are gonna spend £3m and make it even more grander!

Have they forgotten that the best mosques are those that are simple and full of worshippers!

May allah guide us all!

Zuko
08-18-2005, 11:45 AM
BHONG MOSQUE in Pakistan:

An inside view of mosque:

mary
08-18-2005, 11:52 AM

I think this mosque in Casablanca is beautiful! Also i love this mosque as well in Turkey Istanbul!

Zuko
08-18-2005, 11:55 AM
Jama Masjid; the largest masjid in India:

mary
08-18-2005, 11:56 AM
i love this post, i have soo much more to add, to it but im running short of time. I love architecture but so i'll b posting much more inshallah :)

nazapat
08-19-2005, 09:19 AM
The Id Kah Mosque

The Id Kah Mosque,in uyghur means Square of festival,Typical Uyghur structure,regarded biggest in China,located in the center of Kashgar, has a history of more than five hundred years.100,000 worshippers attend religios service at the same time.
Shakesimirza, the ruler of Kashgar at that time, had the mosque built here first in 1442, in the aim to where he would say prayers to the souls of his deceased relatives. Extended and renovated time several times but keep the style, size,painting, it has finally reached its present size. The Mosque, 140 meters long from south to north and 120 meters from east to west, covers an area of 16,800 sq,uare meters and consists of the Hall of Prayer,the Doctrine-Teaching Hall, the gate tower, a pond and some other auxiliary structures. The gate of the mosque, built of yellow bricks with the joints of the brick work pointed with gysum, has distinct lines. On both side of the gate are eighteen-meter high round brick columns half embedded in the wall. On the top of the columns stands a tower where the imam would call out loudly at dawn every day to wake up the Muslims and summon them to attend service in the mosque.It is the rare sound in China. In the tree-graced courtyard,there is a pond, and on its bank many pottery pots are place(Now it is seldom seen,because water tap is fixed in the Mosque)to wash their hands ,faces,feet,and others before attending the service.. The hall's ceiling, with fine wooden carvings and colorful flower-and-plant painting patterns,is suppourted by one hundred carved wooden columns. In the middle part of the wall in the main hall, there is a deep shrime in which a stepp-ed throne is placed. During service, the First Maola stands in the shrine to lead the prayer. And on Fridays or Corban, the First Maola conducts "Wa'z," standing on the steps of the throneAfter entering the main hall, the followers would seat themselves facing to Mecca inside and out, in proper lines.
On Lesser Bairam and Corban, the biggest Islam festivals, the Uygur people gather on the square in front of the mosque to celebrate their festivals with jubilation.On those days Uyghur people dressed in their holiday best, dance"Sama," overflowing with enthusiasm, to the cheerful drum beats and music.It contrasts with Cornival in Western.

sadia
08-19-2005, 11:13 AM
one word: beautiful. i especially like the jama musjid in india that sweet_sorrow posted. really beautiful.

and also have any of you heard of faisal majid in Islamabad in pakistan, i've been to it and it is really lovely.

Ummu Amatullah
08-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Mash'allah they all are sooooo beautiful.Which one shall I vote for.Let me see*thinking*

Juneda
08-19-2005, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an

salaamz can i ask whr is dis mosque at? :sister:

Zuko
08-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Pakistan?!? Naah that neighborhood don't look like its in Pakistan... Never seen houses like that there, but I could be wrong....

Uthman
08-19-2005, 02:00 PM

It's close to his heart, so I'm guessing somewhere near the left ventricle, or near a vein

sadia
08-19-2005, 02:16 PM
;D lol

Juneda
08-19-2005, 03:47 PM
salaamz,hope u r all in gud health and iman
lol i asked becuz it luks familiar :)

Halima
11-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Sadly,

I cannot answer..because i have not seen any of them :hmm2:

sapphire
11-09-2005, 07:27 PM
i havnt seen any of them...everyone whose comming back from umrah are going on about the ka'bah and its beauty...i reallly want to go...inshallah soon....and the same for you sis Halima and all others who havnt yet had the chance to go....

Shadow
11-18-2005, 12:43 AM
as salaamu alykum

hey all of u guys did u know that ur not supposed to take pictures of the kabba
when i used to go to makkah for umra (almost once every year alhamdulilah) i used to see loads of signs tht sed not to beg and other signs tht sed not to take pictures:)
i think the picture sign was put there for stalkers or something:p

Halima
11-18-2005, 12:53 AM

[IMG]

Jama Masjid

Halima
11-18-2005, 01:29 AM

Structure of the mosque

Khayal
11-18-2005, 03:45 AM

MashaAllah, beautiful thread.:rose:

I would like to share some pictures 2, InshaAllah

Jazak ALLAH khair.

A Beautiful Mosque In Dubai

Khayal
11-18-2005, 03:50 AM

Front View Of Faisal Masjid, Pakistan.

Khayal
11-18-2005, 03:51 AM

Faisal Masjid At Night

MetSudaisTwice
11-18-2005, 01:41 PM
salam
here is my local mosque, Croydon Mosque
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-18-2005, 02:38 PM

A picture I really wanted to share with everone. MashAllah, its lovely when u can hear the birds tweeting and the warm breeze.

Allah ma3akum

p.s: I hope the picture is big enough. If you get a bit closer...put on recitation of ur fav shiekh....itll be fab. You feel as though ur there until u move away from the screen.

11-18-2005, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khayaL

Front View Of Faisal Masjid, Pakistan.

wow ..mashaalah..is that a masjeed..wot a beatiful one:)...i'd like to visit it one day ia

Ansar Al-'Adl
11-18-2005, 03:27 PM
JazakumAllahu khairan to all of you who made good use of this thread! :)

Ameeratul Layl
11-18-2005, 03:50 PM

Another one of my favourites.:loving: :loving:

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-18-2005, 03:51 PM
salam
mashallah some great pics coming in!! jazakallah
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-18-2005, 04:06 PM

This is a really beautiful too. The door of the Ka3bah.
The calligraphy is mashAllah so beautiful.

Allah ma3akum

Khayal
11-19-2005, 04:36 AM

Fatepuri Masjid Mosque

Khayal
11-19-2005, 04:38 AM
The size of the picture above is too big...:-\ :-\ :-\

:'( :'(

Khayal
11-19-2005, 04:43 AM

la Mosquée Bleue

Khayal
11-19-2005, 04:46 AM

Khayal
11-19-2005, 04:49 AM

perso.wanadoo.Istanbul

Khayal
11-19-2005, 04:51 AM

Khayal
11-19-2005, 04:55 AM

Badhsha Masjid Lahore

Halima
11-19-2005, 05:12 PM

Halima
11-19-2005, 05:23 PM
:sl: where do you see the taj mahal at?:w:

MinAhlilHadeeth
11-19-2005, 06:13 PM
wow... absoluetly BEAUTIFUL, all of them:)
:w::rose::peace:

Umm Yoosuf
11-20-2005, 08:55 AM

All londoners know where that masjid is.

Hajar
11-20-2005, 09:32 AM

A mosque in Mali....

ishkabab
11-20-2005, 12:14 PM

:rolleyes: wow that is the first time i ever saw a masjid that is made of mudd....cool....

heres some masjids here in New York........
http://ocw.mit.edu/OcwWeb/Anthropolo...rontphotos.htm

sapphire
11-20-2005, 12:42 PM
the mosque sis Hajar posted last was just amazing....

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:26 PM
here are some pics that i think are awesome!!! i wish i will go there soon

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:27 PM

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 12:27 PM

MashAllah. that is lovely.:loving: It looks more like a painting than an actual picture.

InshAllah sis. One day...Allah will find a way to get you into saudi Arabia.Ameen!

Allah ma3ik

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:28 PM
how amazing do they look!!

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 12:29 PM

subhanAllah. the second one is AMAZING too!!!:coolious:

Allah ma3ik:loving:

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 12:38 PM
salaam
wicked pictures. iv been 2 Arabia like 3 times but u still wanna go back.going this year and the next inshallah.
wassalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 12:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha
salaam
wicked pictures. iv been 2 Arabia like 3 times but u still wanna go back.going this year and the next inshallah.
wassalam

Ive been twice and I too want to go again.
Lets join forces and go sis.lol.

Lovely pics sr aishkhan.am waiting patiently for more.inshAllah.

Allah ma3ik

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 12:46 PM
salaam.
sis,that would be cool. its a bit odd, ur the Arab, and iv been more than you. i suppose its just Taqdeer.
wassalam

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:52 PM
thank you for waiting

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:53 PM

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:53 PM
what do you think?

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:55 PM
the well of zam zam

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:56 PM

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:56 PM
does this bring back memory for you lot?

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 12:59 PM

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 01:02 PM

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 01:03 PM

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 01:04 PM

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 01:04 PM
salaam
sister your making me cry.....*sniff* (honestly, im not joking)Allah bless you sis
wassalam

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 01:06 PM
those above are personal pics my friend took with her mobile phones

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 01:08 PM
salaam
theyre so ... im not sure i can describe it. im all sniffly *runs off for a tissue*
wassalam

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 01:09 PM
[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=makkah+at+dawn/v=2/SID=e/l=IVI/SIG=12ha7c0fm/EXP=1132751368/*-http%3A//trueteacher.bizland.com/images/image/makkah_dawn_t.jpg[/IMG]

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:09 PM
salaam
theyre so ... im not sure i can describe it. im all sniffly *runs off for a tissue*
wassalam

*bumps into aisha and gives her a scrunched up tissue out of her bag*

me too.....*runs off to get the tissue off aisha*

Allah ma3ik

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aishakhan

cant see it.....

Allah ma3ik

aishakhan

~Raindrop~
eeeewww take your snotty 1 back.

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 01:11 PM
who do you think is leading?

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:11 PM
eeeewww take your snotty 1 back.

u ungrateful child. how dare!!!:mad:

Allah ma3ik
pssstttt...im only messin.
Sr aishkhan...they are fab...more more.

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:12 PM
who do you think is leading?

SAS.

Allah ma3ik

aishakhan

~Raindrop~
salaam sis
these pics are sensational. i cant stand it much longer. im booking a flight. u coming Ameeratul Layl?
wassalam

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 01:13 PM

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:14 PM
salaam sis
these pics are sensational. i cant stand it much longer. im booking a flight. u coming Ameeratul Layl?
wassalam

Aha...u paying *doesnt wait for an answer*
Good,good.

Labaik Allahuma Labaik....

Allah ma3ik
p.s: Book us a room each in:Intercontinental hotel.

~Raindrop~
u ungrateful child(quote)

:sl: im only a year younger than you......:w: :coolious: :loving:

aishakhan
i think it is sheikh shuraim leading coz sheikh sudais is shorter and bigger than sheikh shuraim

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 01:15 PM
can i come with you two?

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:16 PM
can i come with you two?

Yeah..Aisha is paying.

Allah ma3ik

~Raindrop~
no sis. my uncle gets free tickets every year. 5 star hotel. i could always ask him to take us..........

~Raindrop~
ever get the feeling your being used?

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:18 PM
ever get the feeling your being used?

Yeah yeah

*turns her head away....:giggling: *

Allah ma3ik

aishakhan
am i being used?

~Raindrop~
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 01:19 PM
hey no sis i was hinting at myself.

aishakhan
11-22-2005, 01:21 PM
ok sister sorry

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 01:22 PM
salaam
no need to apolagise.
wassalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:24 PM
salaam
no need to apolagise.
wassalam

STOP feeling sorry for urself.

Sr aishakhan...plz cud u do the honours of posting MORE pics...

Allah ma3ik

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 01:26 PM
salaam
Ameeratul Layl i weel keel yooo.
wassalam

habib
sister aishakhan ..

Masha Allah u shared really a nice pictures .. Jazakallah for those all ..

Ameeratul Layl
salaam
Ameeratul Layl i weel keel yooo.
wassalam

U aint seen my bodyguards sweetheart and quite farnkly....ur better off not seeing them.

KHALAS!! we are going off topic.

Allah ma3ik

habib
11-22-2005, 01:30 PM
how is this one?

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 01:30 PM
salam
mashallah some nice pics, but some of those have been around the net for a while
looking foward to more pics inshallah
sis ameeratul layl stop going on about your small fake bodyguards lol
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:31 PM

mashAllah brother habib.

Allah ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
wasalam
br metsudaistwice...dont make me.....

Allah ma3ak

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 01:32 PM
salam
i have bodyguards that are ovr 6ft tall, arabs and they are strong lol
stop!! off topic
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:33 PM

Does anyone have any pics wre taken during the extension of the haram?Thatd be nice to see.

Allah ma3akum

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 01:34 PM
salam
mashallah some nice pics, but some of those have been around the net for a while
looking foward to more pics inshallah
wasalam
:salaam: bro. jazakallah 4 that. did a fantasy eva last so long??????????:giggling: :w:

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 01:37 PM
salam
^^^^jazakallah sis^^^^^
sis ameeratul layl what extensions?
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:38 PM
salam
^^^^jazakallah sis^^^^^
sis ameeratul layl what extensions?
wasalam

Ill get u two later for such desgraceful attitudes.:mad:

Extensions? the ones that were made to the haram brother. As in: make it bigger.

Allah ma3ak

habib
11-22-2005, 01:40 PM
myphp?imagemacca2wm -

like it?

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 01:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl
Ill get u two later for such desgraceful attitudes.:mad:
Allah ma3ak
desgraceful or disgraceful?
i know what an extension is but they were done along time ago in the Haram
i'll try and get some pictures
waslam

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 01:42 PM
salam
this is a nice pic i found

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:42 PM
desgraceful or disgraceful?
i know what an extension is but they were done along time ago in the Haram
i'll try and get some pictures
waslam

typo brother.

La!! la!! i heard or read that King fahd was carrying out sum extension work.

ALLAH ma3ak

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:43 PM
:sl: wow.metsuadistwice...ur pic is moving.....got anymore/

Allah ma3ak

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 01:43 PM
salaam
bro Habib, what exactly am i supposed to be looking at?
wassalam
and Ameeratul Layl, give it your best shot. lets see what happens.

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:45 PM
salaam
and Ameeratul Layl, give it your best shot. lets see what happens.
:sl: pardon? *confused*

Im actaullay searching for the pics during the extensions taking place. No results so far. Not sure why though. Ya Allah.

Allah ma3akum

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 01:47 PM
salam
there is no king fahd now, it is king abdullah
and i did hear that there will be current expansion
i heard that they are expanding it such that they want over 4 million people to pray INSIDE the Haram at once
right now it is about 3 million people praying including outside the Haram
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:48 PM

I know there is no king fahd.its AbdAllah and then...crown prince Sultaan.

Anyway, i knew Id find something. Here u are:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...lr%3D%26sa%3DG

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 01:49 PM
i was mentioning ur not-so-very-nice comment from before....

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 01:49 PM
salam
jazakallah sis
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:50 PM
i was mentioning ur not-so-very-nice comment from before....

u want to chat business u pm me.Lets NOT muck up sister aishakhan's thread.

Allah ma3ik

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 01:53 PM
salam
hope this helps
Holy City of Makkah, 8 November, 2004
Crown Prince Abdullah Bin Abdul-Aziz, the Deputy Premier and Commander of the National Guard, yesterday launched six major development projects worth SR35 billion around the Haram Mosque in Makkah. The projects, including expansion of the mosque's northern courtyard and construction of residential towers, are aimed at providing more housing and prayer facilities for pilgrims.
The projects include the SR12 billion Jabal Omar residential towers, one of the largest ventures aimed at developing areas surrounding the Holy Haram. Spread over an area of 230,000 square meters, the project includes five-star hotels, commercial centers and prayer facilities for 200,000 worshippers.
Other projects dedicated by the Crown Prince were: Development of Ajyad General Hospital, which is located close to the mosque, and construction of another road to Haram parallel to the existing road from the Jeddah-Makkah Expressway. The new five-km road, to be named after King Abdul-Aziz, is designed to benefit pilgrims.
Crown Prince Abdullah earlier inspected the development plans set out by the Makkah Development Authority including those for the development of Shamiya, Jabal Khandama and Jabal Al-Kaaba areas around Haram. The new projects come as part of the government's efforts to enhance housing and prayer facilities for the millions of pilgrims who come for Hajj and Umrah from all over the world. The projects are also aimed at developing areas in the central region of the Holy City, after the removal of old and dilapidated buildings. They will also provide secure transport systems and reduce traffic congestions in the city.
The total area to be developed is estimated at 587,250 square meters, with 90 percent being old buildings. The expansion of the mosque's northern courtyard itself will cover an area of 1.2 million square meters between the mosque and the second ring road to the north, Masjid Al-Haram Street to the east and Jabal Al-Kaaba Street to the west.
Abdul Rahman Faqeeh, Chairman of Makkah Construction Company, said the Jabal Omar project would provide more than 25,000 jobs for Saudis. Jabal Omar offers residential facilities for 100,000 people, air-conditioned prayer facilities for 100,000 and open prayer space for 120,000, he added.
Efforts are under way to establish a joint stock firm named Jabal Omar Development Company to implement the project. The company will have a capital of SR3.5 billion including SR1.1 billion as shares of real estate owners in the area. Part of its shares worth SR850 million will be floated for public subscription. The value of real estate to be acquired for the project is estimated at SR4.3 billion. Referring to the construction of a new road parallel to the road linking the Jeddah-Makkah Expressway with Haram, Faqeeh said it would start from the end of the first ring road behind the Makkah Construction Company's residential-cum-commercial complex, pass through Jabal Omar to reach the road parallel to Um Al-Qura Road to join the expressway. The new road will have a 1,000-meter-long tunnel and will pass by Mawarika, Tandbawe, Jabal Ghurab, Rusaifa and Zahareen.

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:55 PM

brother. Wallah! It wud be nice if u cud share sum pics...b4 and after the extension.inshAllah.

Allah ma3ak.

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 01:57 PM
salam
sis it is really hard to find specific pics of masjid al haram
i can't find any on the extensions
wasalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 01:58 PM
salam
sis it is really hard to find specific pics of masjid al haram
i can't find any on the extensions
wasalam

Khaiyr inshAllah. I thought itd be nice to share with all.

Allah ma3ak

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 02:00 PM
u want to chat business u pm me.Lets NOT muck up sister aishakhan's thread.

Allah ma3ik
*tremble*

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 02:01 PM
salam
ittaqillah
it is easier to find text on extensions of haram than images
wasalam

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 02:01 PM
salaam
i think my dad had some pics of the actual extension on his fone, but i cant get them on here sorry.
wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 02:02 PM
salam
why not sis? what phone has he got?
wasalam

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 02:03 PM
salaam
sony ericsson p900
wassalam

safwana
11-22-2005, 02:04 PM
got sum realy gd 1s on my phone frm dis ramadan bt dnt hw 2 gt it on da computer?

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 02:51 PM

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 02:53 PM

To enjoy more pics. Try this link:

http://www.islamweb.net.qa/seera/see...usqe_doors.htm

Allah ma3akum

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 02:54 PM
salaam
will do sis
wassalam

habib
11-22-2005, 02:57 PM
thanks for the link sister layl

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 02:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by habib
thanks for the link sister layl

Khaiyr brother.
note: the name is Ameeratul layl. SubhanAllah.

Allah ma3ak

habib
11-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Khaiyr brother.
note: the name is Ameeratul layl. SubhanAllah.

Allah ma3ak
yeah i know ..
but it's too long .. that's why just call u as "Layl"
if i can't call like it so sorry sister Ameeratul layl :peace:

how about this one?

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 03:08 PM
salaam
ah......... sweet memories*goes off into a daze*
wassalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 03:08 PM

sub7anAllah brother. That is the point wen the cleaners empty the zam zam galons and ppl cum (usually children) to fill empty bottles with zam zam water.
Also, its the point of the day...where there is hardly anyone sitting in the grounds of the haram and u can see the cleaners SCRUBBING the marbel floors.
Memories...ya Allah.

Allah ma3ak

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 03:14 PM
salaam
like i was just gonna say, i remember all that. we used to come in from Tawaaf and it would be BOILING. the zamzam tanks would be getting filled up with these massive hoses. the kind workers would turn them onto my brothers. theyd be soaked but who cares? it cooled them down plus it was ZAMZAM. pure.
wassalam

habib
11-22-2005, 03:16 PM
humm ..
when i see it again and again .. i wanna go there ..
Make dua 4 me.

Ameeratul Layl
11-22-2005, 03:17 PM
salaam
like i was just gonna say, i remember all that. we used to come in from Tawaaf and it would be BOILING. the zamzam tanks would be getting filled up with these massive hoses. the kind workers would turn them onto my brothers. theyd be soaked but who cares? it cooled them down plus it was ZAMZAM. pure.
wassalam

lol. SubhanAllah.
It was nice drinking the zam zam after taraweeh. It tasted sooooo nice. I used to sit and drink a few cups of zam zam then...id go off and get myself a choco ice cream.
The warm breeze made me feel....so happy.
The lights shone so....beautifully.
The birds tweeted their sweet tunes.
So much to remeber just by looking at a few pics.SubhanAllah!!!

Allah ma3akum

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 03:29 PM
lol. SubhanAllah.
It was nice drinking the zam zam after taraweeh. It tasted sooooo nice. I used to sit and drink a few cups of zam zam then...id go off and get myself a choco ice cream.
The warm breeze made me feel....so happy.
The lights shone so....beautifully.
The birds tweeted their sweet tunes.
So much to remeber just by looking at a few pics.SubhanAllah!!!

Allah ma3akum
:sl: its great being there u dont want to come back. i know what you mean sis.*sigh*:w: ps bro MST seems to have disappeared again...

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
salam
mashallah such great pics posted
inshallah i hope to go soon, make dua for me
PS:i had lesson
wasalam

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
salam
does your dad have a usb cable that can connect your phone and PC together?
wasalam

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 04:03 PM
salaam
yeah iv got a usb cable but its difficult to explain exactly why i cant post them. esp in public. sorry. will make dua inshallah.
wassalam

MetSudaisTwice
11-22-2005, 04:05 PM
salam
ok sis, i will make dua inshallah
may allah ease your situation
if you ever need to know how to post those pics, all you have to do is ask
wasalam

~Raindrop~
11-22-2005, 04:09 PM
salaam
jazakallah for the kind words bro.i really cant tell you how much they mean
wassalam

Ameeratul Layl
11-23-2005, 02:41 PM

akhhhh...wow, I can remeber wen I'd grab myself sum zam zam water and sit and watch ppl doing tawaf (after completing myn of course). It used to be nice watching the children laughing and messin about.lol.

Allah ma3akum

~Raindrop~
11-23-2005, 02:45 PM
salaams
did any1 eva get lost there?
wassalam

aishakhan
11-23-2005, 02:46 PM
[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=haram+of+makkah/v=2/SID=e/TID=I999_73/l=IVI/SIG=13gt3nn7o/EXP=1132843659/*-http%3A//www.islamicfinder.org/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Makkah_And_Al_Haram_15.jpg[/IMG]

aishakhan
11-23-2005, 02:48 PM

Ameeratul Layl
11-23-2005, 02:49 PM
salaams
wassalam

I wish I did!! Then, i wudnt have had to cum back to England.lol.
I did TRY and...get lost...but it didnt work. I was too good.lol.

Allah ma3akum

aishakhan
11-23-2005, 02:52 PM
here are some pictures

~Raindrop~
11-23-2005, 02:54 PM
I wish I did!! Then, i wudnt have had to cum back to England.lol.
I did TRY and...get lost...but it didnt work. I was too good.lol.

Allah ma3akum
if you were too good you would have got lost darlz...and wouldnt have come back.
wassalam

Halima
11-26-2005, 04:51 PM

Hisbul_Aziz
11-26-2005, 05:25 PM
y do they call it the blue mosque it's not blue:w: :peace:

MetSudaisTwice
11-28-2005, 12:22 PM
salam
mashallah great pics!!
waslam

Umu 'Isa
11-28-2005, 12:24 PM
wowww ive never seen anything so beautiful mashaAllah

Safa
11-29-2005, 04:58 AM
Assalamu Alaikum,

I voted for Masjid An-Nabawi. Its the only famous mosque i've been to anyway besides the Ka'bah.

salaams
wassalam
My brother got lost there once. I remember my mother went crazy, circling the whole place trying to look for him. Anyway, not a good thing to lose your kid there.

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 01:39 AM
okay...i thought id show you the picture of East London Mosque...in the heart of London...& very close to me! otherwise known as: London Muslim Centre!

جوري
03-04-2007, 02:03 AM
Don't know if this has been posted already?

This Mosque is in brueni...looks so picutresque

this picture is of a mosque

located in Russia... I don't know that I have a favorite... certainly love mecca and Medina... but love any mosque in any place that makes me feel that Islam is truly transcendent, an international religion.

In the case of architecture... I believe that Mecca is the best... it is historical... and there is just such an exhilarating feeling to be just near it ... a feel for the past, present and the future... I also believe much of the signs of judgment day will be surrounding it... Such as the three want to be rulers who will fight for its treasures. I am not sure what its treasures are?

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 02:06 AM
wow.....soooooooooooooo beutyful....where is brueni?

جوري
03-04-2007, 02:17 AM

the richest man in the world is its sultan.....hmmmmmmn

deen_2007
03-04-2007, 04:44 PM
ok....lol...thank you 4 d map...not far from bangladesh!!!

One Man Army
03-04-2007, 05:59 PM

Sri Akaal Takht Sahib

Sri Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple)

Patna Sahib

hemkunt Sahib

A few historical Gurdwaras of the Sikh faith

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-08-2007, 03:26 AM
Can I be honest, its hard to pick just one =\. Theyre all beautiful Masha'Allah.

Goku
03-08-2007, 03:43 AM
Very nice pics throughout this thread. :)

snakelegs
03-08-2007, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jazzy
Can I be honest, its hard to pick just one =\. Theyre all beautiful Masha'Allah.
i think so too!
thanks deen, for reviving this thread because i never saw it before.

kitten
03-10-2007, 12:12 AM
:sl: beautiful pics..mashallah

tfs

Khalid1402
03-10-2007, 12:14 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.

Any masjid to me is beautiful, but in my humble opinion nothing compares to the beauty of Masjid Al Haram in Makkah. And to see the House of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala built by Ibrahim alaihis salam is overwhelming for me. Just beyond words in terms of sheer beauty and inspiration.

NoName55
03-10-2007, 02:20 AM

NoName55
03-10-2007, 02:22 AM

NoName55
03-10-2007, 02:23 AM

NoName55
03-10-2007, 02:24 AM

NoName55
03-10-2007, 02:35 AM

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
03-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Faisal Masjid in Paki, love how that one looks. All the Masaajids man...so awesome :statisfie

NoName55
03-13-2007, 01:18 AM

‘How perfect You are O Allaah, and I praise You. I bear witness that none has the right to be worshipped except You. I seek Your forgiveness and turn to You in repentance.’

Alexius
03-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Been to the Blue Mosque in Istanbul - very pretty place - not quite to the stature of the Hagia Sophia, though. I think Persian mosques are interesting and the Moroccan mosques aswell. In Poland, there are mosques built in the 16th century by the Muslim Tatars and they combine Baltic architecture with Middle Eastern and Byzantine exotica. I would love to go to Jerusalem, but what Christian, Jew or Muslim wouldn't.

Prayer and petitions,
Alexius :)

NoName55
03-13-2007, 02:56 AM
Three of four in the entire Poland
Mosques in the Bialystok

wooden mosque in Bohoniki

allah-akbar
03-13-2007, 03:29 AM
great and beautiful pictures... thanks for posting them

NoName55
03-13-2007, 03:42 AM
Blue Mosque - Istanbul

Zulkiflim
03-13-2007, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by NoName55
Three of four in the entire Poland
Mosques in the Bialystok

wooden mosque in Bohoniki

Salaam,

I find that this mosque trully evoke a wonderful feling for me..

The places of granduer just leaves me breathless but hollow..

this mosque with its simple arhitecture speak much about the faith to build it..

S_87
03-13-2007, 01:53 PM

just wanted to point out regarding what is said of description in bottom left corner of this pic

this is NOT masjid al Aqsa.

Beblessed
03-13-2007, 02:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Juneda
salaamz can i ask whr is dis mosque at? :sister:
In Leicester :) MASJID AT TAQWA

vOted for Kabah its the beautiful mosque that I ever been SUBHANALLAH! I yust cudnt stop staring at it that is how beautiful it is :thumbs_up

King David
03-13-2007, 03:07 PM

THE 3rd TEMPLE THAT WILL BE THE ONLY PLACE OF WORSHIP FOR ALL MAN(muslims,jews,christians,...)

ACTUALLY THERE WILL NOT BE ANY DIFFERNT RELIGIONS!!!

ALL FAITHS WILL BE UNITED!!!! THERE WILL BE PEACE ON EARTH AND ALL MAN WILL KNOW THERE IS ONLY ONE G*D!!!!!

ONE G*D ONE TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR ALL OF HUMANITY!!!!

Alexius
03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by King David

THE 3rd TEMPLE THAT WILL BE THE ONLY PLACE OF WORSHIP FOR ALL MAN(muslims,jews,christians,...)

ACTUALLY THERE WILL NOT BE ANY DIFFERNT RELIGIONS!!!

ALL FAITHS WILL BE UNITED!!!! THERE WILL BE PEACE ON EARTH AND ALL MAN WILL KNOW THERE IS ONLY ONE G*D!!!!!

ONE G*D ONE TEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR ALL OF HUMANITY!!!!
What are you talking about? This sounds like a good dream, but the reality is that schisms within religions are hard enough to heal, let alone entire religions that are unrelated to one another. There are literally hundreds of thousands of religions! It would take an act of God to make all religions become one - some sort of hyper-ecumenism...

Prayers and petitions,
Alexius :)

جوري
03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
He is right... there will be one religion with the 2nd coming of Jesus (PBUH)... once people realize who and what he is...it will be very clear-- black and white... those who choose to stray, and those who choose the path of the righteousness-- it will be the one religion that has always been...
the temple is a hoax though... temple to begin with is a pagan term!
However there will always be the very first house of G-D build by the father of Monotheism-- Abraheam (PBUH)

There aren't hundreds of thousands of religions although I'll agree that there are thousands of ideologies which are so very clearely faulty-- if one would just step back and think, Am I this because I was born into it? or am I this because it makes perfect sense to me?

peace!

NoName55
03-14-2007, 10:01 AM

NoName55
03-14-2007, 10:04 AM

NoName55
03-14-2007, 10:08 AM
edit

NoName55
03-14-2007, 10:10 AM

bint abdulhamid
03-14-2007, 10:18 AM
SALAAMZ MAY aLAAH TAKE US ALL 2 THEASE HOLY PLACES

aqsa1
03-18-2007, 09:58 PM
i had difficulty in making a choice between masjidharam and masjid nabawi so im not going to vote because there both beautifully designed!Difficult decision.All the pictures of masjids are great thanks people

NoName55
03-18-2007, 10:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

just wanted to point out regarding what is said of description in bottom left corner of this pic

this is NOT masjid al Aqsa.
True that it is not an actual photograph but it is a drawing/painting

peace

Diesel1907
08-06-2007, 03:11 AM
The ones in istanbul are especially beautiful

sur
01-19-2008, 12:09 AM

There's another misconception that Green Dome of Masjid-e-Nabwi lies directly over Prophet's resting place. It actually lies over where Prophet used to give Khutba. & a silver dome lies over his Roza-e-Mubarik.

========================

Jews conspiracy is to make Dome-of-Rock famous amoung muslims as if it's Aqsa Mosque, so that when they demolish actual Aqsa Mosque to build temple 3rd time, no muslim would notice.

truemuslim
01-29-2008, 04:16 AM

Salam bro's/sis's here is some masjid ..dunt kno where it is sorry..somewhere in turkey...its so big and beautiful i just had to post it here...

peace
truemuslim

wilberhum
01-29-2008, 04:22 AM

Wow, what a shock. I was there about 5 years ago.

Here is my picture

mediadave
03-28-2008, 09:54 PM
The Hagia Sofia in Istanbul. I think both Islam and Christianity can claim this as a Holy place:

Sarada
03-29-2008, 04:49 AM
Inside the Neasden Temple in London, UK

Periwinkle18
03-29-2008, 06:23 PM
i lyke the china mosque its sooo cute. :)

Sarada
03-29-2008, 08:14 PM
This is one of my all time favourite places of worship!!!

Soulja Girl
03-29-2008, 08:41 PM

All Masajid are beautiful and unique in their own ways, however, I'd have to say Masjid al Haram wins my vote. Masjid An Nabwi is awesome aswell. It has a light to it. :)

mediadave
03-29-2008, 10:41 PM
It was never finished (only the crypt was completed before they ran out of money) but the Catholic Cathedral of Christ the King is often called the greatest building never built:

Since the foundations are complete (and under the current cathedral of Liverpool, a concrete teepee) I hope that one day it might finished. I can only imagine how much that would cost though...

Fishman
03-29-2008, 10:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mediadave
It was never finished (only the crypt was completed before they ran out of money) but the Catholic Cathedral of Christ the King is often called the greatest building never built:

Since the foundations are complete (and under the current cathedral of Liverpool, a concrete teepee) I hope that one day it might finished. I can only imagine how much that would cost though...
It looks pretty amazing, like the temple mount. Something that bold and imposing really shows its builders' devotion to God. No monument can ever match God, so people are inspired to build grander and grander buildings in His honour.

AvarAllahNoor
03-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Golden Temple Amritsar

Holiest of the Sikh Shrine. Built by Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Sahib Mahraaj. - Foundation laid by Muslim Saint Sian Mian Mir Ji. It's so beautiful!

Night

Day

Fishman
03-29-2008, 11:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Golden Temple Amritsar

Holiest of the Sikh Shrine. Built by Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji Sahib Mahraaj. - Foundation laid by Muslim Saint Sian Mian Mir Ji. It's so beautiful!

Night

That is also very spectacular. How did they get all the gold? There must be a whole Fort Knox of the stuff up there!

Is it just a gold covering or solid blocks?

AvarAllahNoor
03-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Gurdwara Punja Sahib, Pakistan.

AvarAllahNoor
03-29-2008, 11:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
That is also very spectacular. How did they get all the gold? There must be a whole Fort Knox of the stuff up there!

Is it just a gold covering or solid blocks?
LOL@Fort Knox!

The top is solid gold. The sides are gold plated. It was donated by Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
:)

FatimaAsSideqah
03-29-2008, 11:44 PM
^ Avar, what are Sikh people are doing in the temple? Like a prayer way I mean.

AvarAllahNoor
03-29-2008, 11:47 PM
This is a Mosque in Istanbul. I liked it in the picture. Not sure if it's been posted before. Do the minarets symbolise anything?

mediadave
03-29-2008, 11:47 PM
Gurdwara Punja Sahib, Pakistan....
is that a Sikh temple? It and the Golden temple are both very beatiful, though in very different ways. What form does a Sikh temple usually take - is there a standard 'look'?

The Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, on top of the supposed (temporary) tomb of Jesus. This church is always the site of fights between different Christian denominations, and even the key to the door is kept with one muslim (and therefore neutral family), with the actual job of opening the door the duty of another muslim family.

AvarAllahNoor
03-29-2008, 11:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady
^ Avar, what are Sikh people are doing in the temple? Like a prayer way I mean.
The Gurdwara, men sit on the right women on the left in silence crossed legged on the floor Shoes off, head covered. We listen to the prayers from the Guru Granth Sahib. (Holy Book) :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.