/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wedding

swanlake
03-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Salaam aleykum

I went to a wedding last saturday (took my mom there). When the bride was coming into the hall, the guests divided into 2. There was 'akhwaanu muslimeen= they were really practising sisters, and not-so-practising (dirac-wearing ladies). The practising sister wanted to bring in the bride whilst reading 'surah Al-raxmaan' whilst the other ladies wanted to welcome the bride with drums, and the sounds (mashxarro) and clapping.

Eventually the practising sisters won. Then the sisters wanted to have a wedding khutbah and they were allowed it. I really cant tell you how angry and rude the 'dirac-wearing' ladies were about the sisters. They kept saying they are telling us about religion when majority of them are hypocrites..'astaghfurrallah'. All night i was upset and trying to let those ladies know that quran and the islamic khutbah is the best introduction to the wedding. The girl is just 17 and the boy was similar age..they really need to be aware of the obligations and rights that come with marriage. But they wouldnt listen. They kept saying 'why read quran here now, it is not funeral'. I didnt realise that quran was only for funerals :omg: ..subxaanallaah. We really are so lost.

May Allah guide us to the right path. aameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
03-15-2005, 01:08 PM
:sl:
thats real bad and sad :-[ :omg: :eek:

my friend is getting married and shes planning to have loud music and everything

but i hope i get my way there and ive warned ill off the music.
i would suggest putting on Quran but the way my friends act, it would then be disrespectful :mad: to the Quran :love:

but yh i gets you,.some people think being good is only for funerals etc :confused: :thumbs_do

WomanOfJihad
03-15-2005, 04:21 PM

SubhanAllah.. its just so sad ..

* lol wat a coincidence once again i m here talkin abt wedding. been having discussions on Wedding the WHOLE DAY with my sisterss in the classs *

nowadayss .. people want to follow the kufffars tradition and want to make it BIGGGG with MUSIC, n PEOPLEEE , and FACILITIEESS and subhaNallah wat nott ... i really loved the Wedding Sister Swanlake was talkin abt .. thats how it shud be .. full of barakah (blessings) and full of Allah's mercy being showered upon the them ... but Instead nowadayss theres so much FITNAHH n its gne to such n extent .. in which even reciting the Quran or doing a small Khutbah or anyfin which includes the Dhikr of Allah (swt) would make all those people out there in the Weding GOBSMAKED .. like as if theyve never dun Dhikr b4 ..

this is the imagee of a wedding in todays day and age:

there MUST be music
there MUST be dancing
there MUST be male n female gathering

there MUST NOT BE DHIKR of ALLAH
There MUST NOT BE SEGREGATION
there MUST NOT BE PEOPLE below 50/100
n etc etc

Basicallly .. people dnt want to ACT UPON THE SUNAH of our BELOVED (saw) nor they wanna follow the SHARIAH.. and are indeed DEPRIVED FROM Allah's Mercy and Blessings (subhanAllah)
:w:

Sahabiyaat
03-15-2005, 04:55 PM
i know...muslims want to emulate the kuffar up to a point where they begin to loose all of their imaan.

forget the modern stuff....the worst thing i find is the pathetic cultural so called obligations' which backward and ignorant ppl think must be observed to complete a marriage.....the completion of a marriage only requires the nikah...the rest is simply culture..... :mad: arrghh..it frustrates me so much to see ppl do these things and wen u try to explain to them....especially ur elders..there like 'shut up midget'. ...*sigh*.....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
swanlake
03-15-2005, 04:59 PM

lol @shuttup you midget.... They will only say this if you are shorty..ehhehe

Anyhow most girls and guys have no say in the matter when parents are around. At least mine were on the same wavelength as me. No frills, no fuss..

Sahabiyaat
03-15-2005, 05:03 PM
:D lol

sister swanlake ur married :omg:

swanlake
03-15-2005, 05:06 PM

Oh yes sis alhamdulilaah... Now i am looking for eligable somali brothers for a good friend of mine...so if you know any pious ones..just let me know..lol

Sahabiyaat
03-15-2005, 05:12 PM
oh sure..InshaAllah.

i am being very nosy...but how was ur marriage conducted ?

swanlake
03-15-2005, 05:20 PM

It was simple really. My dad said to me 'i have attended many weddings, ate their 'bariis' rice so many times and now when it is my turn (meaning when his daughter is getting married) i am not gonna hide my 'bariis' rice from my friends'. So we had nikah in a hall where all the friends of my dad were invited. They ate in the afternoon, and left. But not before they made duas for me and husband. Then i went home to my husband. It was simple.

My brother's one was simpler. He took dad and his wife's uncle to the masjid, The nikah was done there and my bro took them to lunch. But then he he had small dinner in a restaurant -about 10people.

It was all done beautifully.

Sahabiyaat
03-15-2005, 05:24 PM
:sister: ahhh...if only all parents were understanding like that..and all weddings were dne like that..alas..

Arwa
03-15-2005, 07:52 PM

Maan that's sad :(

Maryam
03-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah i went to the wedding on Saturday (few days ago), and man that was so OMG!!!!
All the women and men, and amny are teens were mixed.
Subanallah, they (men) took pics of the womes without scrfes or Abayah, and alhamdiullah i felt ashamed to take mine off, coz' i hate it too do that in front of man, and i wore my scarfe + Abaya for WHOLE NIGHT!
OMG!

My mother wasn't ahppy with that, coz' mixing with males + females ARE HARAAM!!!!
Definitely haraam :thumbs_do :thumbs_do :thumbs_do :mad: :mad:

lol, i stayed outside with my sis, even thought it was DARK at night about 9PM, and i wasn't to botherede to go in, coz' i caan't bear to see the men STARING!
Honestly its so ebrassing when they do that.
Asfirallah...

Can you believe it sisters?
The female, and the teens were nearly naked!
Asfirllah... :mad: :mad: :mad:

WomanOfJihad
03-15-2005, 09:04 PM
ouh YES so true Sis Maryam .. its a nightmare to attend weddings Nowadaysss ... i get in TROUBLE a lottt for not attending weddings .. but i guess i just have to go to them ... its like entering a little FITNAH LAND .. . n i m known as an " ISOLATED ONE" amongst my cousins just coz i dnt dress or BEHAVE like them.

Teenagers .. subhanAllah ..
Can you believe it sisters?
The female, and the teens were nearly naked!
lol ouh yes DEFINATELY .. i believe 100 % .. i mean seeing them we would feel embarassed... if they wanna wear such clothes then we shud have a segregated wedding .. (Allahu alim)

Maryam
03-15-2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah, and see that what Prohet Muhammad 9saw) said, we as muslims females should cover ourselves, and its true.
I believ in it, and honestly i fee ashamed to what they have done, but i mean most womesn doesn't wanna know init? :-[ :zip:

*sigh* don't you feel ashamed if someone asked you to take ur sracf off in front of men?
I would, my mum says i'm always shy lol, i wouldn't let people to force me or even to ENCOURAGE me to go above the limits/rules that i shouldn't be breaking, and may Allah (swt) help us to go on the right path, and stick to islamic code inshallah. :)

Brother_Mujahid
03-15-2005, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by swanlake

Oh yes sis alhamdulilaah... Now i am looking for eligable somali brothers for a good friend of mine...so if you know any pious ones..just let me know..lol
i know one but hes young........ 18 i think :)

*cough* *cough*

WomanOfJihad
03-15-2005, 09:31 PM

yeah instead of embaraased or shy id feel realyy Frustrated if sum1 told me to take my scarf off.. well it USED to hapen before when i onlyused to wear scarf.. mum and aunties used to tell me to take my scarf off in weddings they used to say "u look like an old woman" , or " it doesnt look nice" .. but SABRUN JAMEEL .. then one day i Snaped at them .. sayin i m doin wat pleases Allah swt .. n from that day onwards Alhumdulillah no one Dare say a word to me :thumbs_up
but now that i do ful HIJAAB .i realised its hard to attend sum weddings .. coz of the amount of Fitnah they have. n we UNFORTUNATELY becum the centre of attention.. pple tend to stare at us moree .. especially if ur the only one in the wedding ..
lol at those time i just feel like POKING their EYES OFF .. when Men are SERVING food .. it gets so Frustrating.. thats y we shud have SEGREGATED weddings

BlissfullyJaded
03-16-2005, 03:19 AM

It makes me soo upset when people talk like that.. The only time Quran is listened to is when somethin sad happens. Astaghfirullah. :(

I hardly ever go to weddings, cuz they're so westernized. The only Islamic thing they have in some weddings is the Nikah and Dua part. Once the Imam leaves though, the loud music and intermingling starts. Ickkk..

The only wedding I've been to "recently" was three years ago..and they had these Syians teens singing live. And it was segregated. It was really nice mashaAllah. :love:

swanlake
03-16-2005, 09:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid

*cough* *cough*

Too young brother. The lady in question is 25.

where are all the eligeble :brother:??

*ProudMuslimah*
03-17-2005, 06:25 AM

Subhan'Allah,

When my sister was getting married, she was completely against the idea of having music..apparently the guy's sister wanted to have music, so instead of listening to what my sister told (as it was her wedding) they decided to have music on anyways. You should have seen my sister, her whole face was red, God bless her :wub:

May Allah (SWT) guide us all to the right path (Ameen)

Salam

swanlake
03-17-2005, 09:27 AM
Sis cant they compromise?? They can have nasheeds. Both parties will be happy .

aysegul
11-01-2008, 01:01 PM
IT WAS A BAD SiTUATİON FOR YOU AND THE OTHERS:(
ı need help! ı have a friend-a good friend -and she will marry in 3-4 months.And his wedding will (What a pity!) include dancing ,music ,etc.I said that ı cant come if it would be like that(with music) she said ' ıf you dont come ,ı wont speak you again!What must ı do ?

Ummu Sufyaan
11-02-2008, 09:00 AM
^lol...i still wouldnt go :X
she cant patronize you into the haram :)

Güven
11-02-2008, 01:57 PM
:salamext:

^Or only congratulate her and then go away ? :X

The Khan
11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
My filthy rich uncle is a moderate Muslim, and he hired a world-famous dancing crew with scantily clad ladies for his son's wedding.

The only thing Islamic about the wedding was the lack of alcohol.

Still, good thing I went. If I didn't go to Muscat/Dubai back then, I wouldn't have reverted.

Like bro Güven said, congratulate her and go away after a few minutes.

aysegul
11-02-2008, 04:24 PM
hımmm remarkable....ı will try even so she wont speak to me again:(

thanks for help ;)

Zahida
11-02-2008, 09:42 PM
:sl: Agreed............ The rest is all just showing off of wealth and possessions etc etc no offence to anyone PLEASE..............
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i know...muslims want to emulate the kuffar up to a point where they begin to loose all of their imaan.

forget the modern stuff....the worst thing i find is the pathetic cultural so called obligations' which backward and ignorant ppl think must be observed to complete a marriage.....the completion of a marriage only requires the nikah...the rest is simply culture..... :mad: arrghh..it frustrates me so much to see ppl do these things and wen u try to explain to them....especially ur elders..there like 'shut up midget'. ...*sigh*.....

Khadijah0529
11-02-2008, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid

*cough* *cough*
Brother.

why are you an MTH crew member??? lol. Curioussssss me.^o)

Ma'asalam

Khadijah0529
11-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Sigh!

I have never been to a muslim wedding before so I can't comment as I am a neophyte Muslima. Insha Allah, I can be invited soon...anybody from Leicester getting married? I am free to witness.LOL. Or maybe its gonna be my wedding! Just wishful thinking!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.