/* */

PDA

View Full Version : stylish beards

Helena
01-04-2006, 02:07 PM
:sl:
:sister: I have noticed unislamic acts among muslims. Especially in nasheed artist they are meant to be a role model for our next generation. E.g sami yusuf, does his beard ever grow?? Its seems as if he is trimming it everytime. Another example zain bhika, more like a box beard!! Alhamdulilah yusuf islam is perfect!! Am i back chatting?? may allah(swt) forgive, am just trying to solve the matter. As we are meant to follow are prophet muhammad(saw) his our guidance to jannah!! But wot r we doing? I knw am a girl, raising a issue lyk this am just curious!! hope i am not offending anyone. Same with jilbaabs, ppl are doing certain thing are not respecting what they are weaing!!

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
01-04-2006, 02:08 PM
salam
just as long as it is one fist long then its ok
wasalam

niqaabii
01-04-2006, 02:14 PM
i agree wid sis helena
soem guys come out wid all sorts of STYLISH beards which r not fist length
and same for the sistas who try to wear SYLISH jilbaabs...or tight fitted jilbaabs..or another thing they do is wear a jilbaab and then ontop of that they wear a realli tight fitted jacket!!! and then u can c their figure
obviously the main purpose of wearing jilbaab is to cover ur self and so noone can c the shape of ur body..

Z
01-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Salaam.

Some very good issues raised here. I think what's happening is the Sunnah is trying to be modernised. This, can be a very bad thing.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MetSudaisTwice
01-04-2006, 02:16 PM
salam
mashallah well said sis, true too
wasalam

Muezzin
01-04-2006, 02:20 PM

Anyone thought about practical reasons why people might like to cut their beards shorter than fist length? i.e. getting it caught in your coat zip?

hidden_treasure
01-04-2006, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by helena
:sister: I have noticed unislamic acts among muslims. Especially in nasheed artist they are meant to be a role model for our next generation. E.g sami yusuf, does his beard ever grow?? Its seems as if he is trimming it everytime. Another example zain bhika, more like a box beard!! Alhamdulilah yusuf islam is perfect!! Am i back chatting?? may allah(swt) forgive, am just trying to solve the matter. As we are meant to follow are prophet muhammad(saw) his our guidance to jannah!! But wot r we doing? I knw am a girl, raising a issue lyk this am just curious!! hope i am not offending anyone. Same with jilbaabs, ppl are doing certain thing are not respecting what they are weaing!!

assalamu alaikum sister,

i hope you are not offended when i tell you this.

It is better that we look at oursleves first, and never judge others.

I am only giving you this advice, as it can lead to a very big sin which is back biting. Everytime we speak of another muslim, we are not only spreading evil, but giving away our hasanaat.

Who knows...maybe these brothers are more sincere in there worship to Allah, than a man with a long beard.

We all struggle with our eman,,it goes up and down...may Allah help us all..ameen.

My dear sister, it is better that we safeguard our tongues from the hellfire, and instead of speaking about them, make dua for them.

pls forgive me if i have offended u..

Helena
01-04-2006, 02:31 PM

Im not offended at all!! i have been wearing the hijab since the age of 11 and the jilbaab at the age of 16!! I understand wot is everybodies going thru!! Its just the scenes that i come across whom wearing the jilbaab or have stylish beard why misuse it in the first place?? y give bad name to islam!! It seems as if ppl wear certain thing that suits them meaning they view the quran or the sunnah from there view to suit them!! I'm just trying to help them, to fear allah(swt)!!! If sumone has the rite nyat wont fall the saytans trap!! Here in england am just suprise!! When it comes to wedding to choose a bride for their son, they wont even look a jilbaabs girl. They think all are the same!! Y do it in the first place!!

Takumi
01-04-2006, 03:12 PM

Whatever one does with his beard is his business alone. Not yours. On the day of judgment, you have to defend yourself from the fire, not them nor their beards.

Rather than talking about them here, you might want to email them and ask them. If, such matter really bothers you.

Nasheed artists are not role models. Our role model is the prophet.

Those who follow nasheed artist or a "fan" of any individual (this shaykh, that shaykh) must re evaluate their course in life.

Nasheed artists, shuyookh or whatever label you want to call them will only have their deeds to defend them from the fire, aside from the mercy of Allah.

Their fans can't help them nor can their followers or admirers.

Helena
01-04-2006, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi
Whatever one does with his beard is his business alone. Not yours. On the day of judgment, you have to defend yourself from the fire, not them nor their beards.

Rather than talking about them here, you might want to email them and ask them. If, such matter really bothers you.

Those who follow nasheed artist or a "fan" of any individual (this shaykh, that shaykh) must re evaluate their course in life.

Nasheed artists, shuyookh or whatever label you want to call them will only have their deeds to defend them from the fire, aside from the mercy of Allah.

Thanks for the help brother takumi. I was only trying to only help. As our prophet(saw) said ' if one part of our body aches we shud help that part as it is in need!! Basically it means if one part of the ummah is in trouble we should all help and show the straight path inshallah!! Alhamdulilah the brothers and sisters are least trying to follow islam, may Allah(swt) give them courage and and fully understand the obligation of islam inshalah!! All i can do is pray, personllay if i speak they mite take it the wrong way!!
I raised this issue, just to solve the matter, not to backchat!! Astaghfirulla am not lyk that!! Maybe some how some way i offended somebody!! may allah(swt) forgive me

Takumi
01-04-2006, 08:54 PM
The individuals whom you mentioned have websites and emails.

You have every right to be concerned. May I suggest that you write them your concern and advice?

They might take your advice and you will be rewarded greatly. If they don't, you've already done your job.

bluff master
01-04-2006, 08:58 PM
a proper way of keeping a beard is to let it grow and it should not be more than two fist long in height

sumay28
01-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey dude... atleast have something. The last thing you want is to be ressurected amongst the women.

R_U
01-04-2006, 10:15 PM

I agree Role model: The Prophet
Way of Life: Sunnah
I get what the sis meant and heer concerns but lets not talk about other peoples beards etc..May Allah SWT have mercy on us and guide us to better ourselves..:)

Helena
01-05-2006, 08:54 AM
The individuals whom you mentioned have websites and emails.

You have every right to be concerned. May I suggest that you write them your concern and advice?

They might take your advice and you will be rewarded greatly. If they don't, you've already done your job.

inshalah brother i'll do that!!

Sahabiyaat
01-05-2006, 12:16 PM
how about those girls with hijaab
and
tons
and
tons
and
tons
of make up
it like a rainbow dropped outta the sky and landed on their face.

Umm Safiya
01-05-2006, 06:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
just as long as it is one fist long then its ok
wasalam

I was wondering, do you have a hadeeth to confirm that, so I can show it to others.. Jazak Allâh..

Takumi
01-06-2006, 05:53 AM

inshalah brother i'll do that!!

I really like the way you respond to advice. We need to learn from you. You have a good quality. You didn't ridicule my suggestion nor ridicule me as a person. I'd PM you this post, but I reckon, members should know that you are an example to follow.

I'm not praising you because you followed my suggestion, but you deserve it because through out the posts you maintain your composure and your post did not even show a shred of personal contamination. It's a hard thing to do, I admit.

FYI, I've met Dawood, Samy and 786 personally and I've discussed at length whatever issues that have been discussed here with them (except Samy). Well, not the beard though.

Trust me, if the some (some!) members here would take the effort to meet them and talk to them, I don't think we'd be decreeing fatwa about them.

And you didn't make up any excuse NOT to go ahead and give them a piece of your mind.

sumay28
01-06-2006, 06:13 AM
I really like the way you respond to advice. We need to learn from you. You have a good quality. You didn't ridicule my suggestion nor ridicule me as a person. I'd PM you this post, but I reckon, members should know that you are an example to follow.

I'm not praising you because you followed my suggestion, but you deserve it because through out the posts you maintain your composure and your post did not even show a shred of personal contamination. It's a hard thing to do, I admit.
Masha allah brother you are right. Some comments that I have seen here in regard to the topic of her thread were brutally honest and she totally handled it unlike I would have. My thread woulda been closed astafirgallah!

Issa
01-06-2006, 06:37 AM
Salaamz everyone!
I hope I am not being rude or too opinionated, but we should focus on the deeds of others and not just their opinions, right? Would it be better to have the beard at the "right" length and his character be questionable? And isn't it possible to wear hijab (or jilbab) and act unseemly?
As I said before I hope my response and questions aren't taken the wrong way...
Masalam, Melissa

Issa
01-06-2006, 06:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Issa
Salaamz everyone!
I hope I am not being rude or too opinionated, but we should focus on the deeds of others and not just their opinions, right? Would it be better to have the beard at the "right" length and his character be questionable? And isn't it possible to wear hijab (or jilbab) and act unseemly?
As I said before I hope my response and questions aren't taken the wrong way...
Masalam, Melissa
I'm sorry I meant to say "not just how the appear, right?":hiding:

Takumi
01-06-2006, 06:48 AM
We should focus on ourselves and focus on others only when it matters.

For example, if you want to have a financial transaction with someone, it's plain unwise to get an idea about his honesty by his beard. Get references from people who have dealt with him.

If you want a babysitter for your kids, long jilbab and niqaab would probably not be the first criterion. Has she been known to abuse children, is the daycare Human Services certified are all smart questions to ask.

Yes, it is possible that a person who has the correct length beard and a person with jilbab to act unseemingly. After all, we're all humans.

If they do act unseemingly, advise and let Allah handle the rest.

Helena
01-06-2006, 10:01 AM

FYI, I've met Dawood, Samy and 786 personally and I've discussed at length whatever issues that have been discussed here with them (except Samy). Well, not the beard though.

Trust me, if the some (some!) members here would take the effort to meet them and talk to them, I don't think we'd be decreeing fatwa about them.

And you didn't make up any excuse NOT to go ahead and give them a piece of your mind.

jazakallhu kairan brother!!:happy: U shud read my hajj experience?? that i have written on the section hajj and id-ul adha!!

U personllay met dawud and 786 mashallah!! thank for being direct with me, its better to be open then hide rite??

It was quite hard to handle evryone, but sabr and being calm is the main thing!! Im not the person to give piece of their mind, i'll try to solve the matter and not make it big deal!!

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-17-2006, 08:48 PM
:sl: :brother: :sister:

ive jus joined here
all i can say to all the brs/sis is that everday we all see on streets/tv etc young muslim brs/sis trying to live their life according to Q&S alhumdulillah.

yes including myself we are not doing it 100% wat i mean is (short/stylish beard, seethrough hijaab/jilbab etc) is a common fing amongest us youth, but u have to look at wat we were doing few years back (b4 comin 2deen) wats better u b the judge.

everyfing takes time, the more u study Al-Islam the more wiser u become inshA. and it will just be a matter of time b4 we cn live our life 100% according to Q&S. when we see sum1 who hasn't got fist full beard/proper hijab/jilbab etc pls advice them with hikmah

Helena
01-17-2006, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_ibn_adam
everyfing takes time, the more u study Al-Islam the more wiser u become inshA. and it will just be a matter of time b4 we cn live our life 100% according to Q&S. when we see sum1 who hasn't got fist full beard/proper hijab/jilbab etc pls advice them with hikmah

jazaks for the view!! well said, mashalah!! Wot does hikmah mean??

- Qatada -
01-17-2006, 09:44 PM

jazaks for the view!! well said, mashalah!! Wot does hikmah mean??

:wasalamex

hikmah means wisdom.

:salamext:

Helena
01-17-2006, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
:wasalamex

hikmah means wisdom.

:salamext:

jazaks!!

Imam786
01-18-2006, 01:54 AM
All I Gotta Say Is I Dont Have A Beard Cause I Cant Even Grow One...really!

shariq_0189
01-19-2006, 01:30 AM
asalam walykum

Yeh i have seen alot of it in Toronto, girls with jilbab have boyfrends...guys tht wear topee to school...there smokin weeed. The topee and jilbab or hijaab are turning into a style now.any ways Allah knows best. asalam walykum

Helena
01-19-2006, 09:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by shariq_0189
asalam walykum

Yeh i have seen alot of it in Toronto, girls with jilbab have boyfrends...guys tht wear topee to school...there smokin weeed. The topee and jilbab or hijaab are turning into a style now.any ways Allah knows best. asalam walykum

Yeah av seen this in london aswell, wots happening to da ummah?? May Allah(swt) guide and protect them inshalah!! It seems as if they see islam from their point of view!!

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 03:08 PM

Yeah av seen this in london aswell, wots happening to da ummah?? May Allah(swt) guide and protect them inshalah!! It seems as if they see islam from their point of view!!

u cnt say may Allah (swt) guide them because Allah (swt) has already showed us the guidence through prophet (saw). yes u can say protect them

ws

Khaldun
01-19-2006, 03:22 PM

u cnt say may Allah (swt) guide them because Allah (swt) has already showed us the guidence through prophet (saw). yes u can say protect them
Allah says in the Quran

O you who believe! enter into submission fully and do not follow the footsteps of Shaitan; surely he is your open enemy. [Surah Baqra Ayah 208]

Which shows that Imaan is in different levels, thus if one says May Allah guide them to muslims, it really means May Allah guide them to what is more pleasing to Him, and thus its not prohibited.

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 06:29 PM

yeah i agree wid u on those basis

ghurabaa2000
01-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Sister Helena i agree with you totally, many of the Muslims have taken these nasheed singers as role models instead of the Prophet(pbuh). So we must speak out and educate those people about the correct path of the Quran and Sunnah. Among the Majority of the ulema of the Salaf they agree the beard is Wajib and that shaving it is haram, they even go as far as saing that the person who shaves his beard his testimony will not be accepted and that he can not lead the Salah.
According to the Hanafis it is prohibited to shave the beard (Ad-Durh al Muktahr)
According to the Malakiis it is prohibited to shave the beeard (Sharh ur-Risalah)
According to the Shafiis it is prohibited to shave the beard unless you have a medical reason(Sharh al ubab)
According to the Hanbalis, Ibn Taymiyyah says it is prohibited to shave the beard (Al- Ikhtiyarat)

so from this it is quite clear that the Scholars of the Salaf agree that it is prohibited to trim the beard let alone to design in a way imitates the non believers.

The command of the Prohet(pbuh) are clear that you should leave the beards to grow, there is no authentic narration to sugeest that the Prohet or the comapnions ever shavedthere beards. However there are narrations from Ibn Umar, Ibn Abbass that whatever extended below the fist lenth would be trimmed "Abdullah Ibn Umar went for Hajj he used to hold his beard and cut what ever extended below his fist" (Bukhari)

There are many hadiths where Prophet(pbuh) told us to spare our beards and not to imiate the kuffar "closely trim the moustaches and spare the beards" (Bukhari) "cut the moustaches and grow your beards. Be different from the magians" (Muslim)

so brothers we can clearly see that the beard is something we can not take lightley, we must advice, educate, our brothers about this issue and give naseeah that the Prophet(pbuh) way is the right way, and highlight that other than is the hellfire.

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-21-2006, 01:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ghurabaa2000
Sister Helena i agree with you totally, many of the Muslims have taken these nasheed singers as role models instead of the Prophet(pbuh). So we must speak out and educate those people about the correct path of the Quran and Sunnah. Among the Majority of the ulema of the Salaf they agree the beard is Wajib and that shaving it is haram, they even go as far as saing that the person who shaves his beard his testimony will not be accepted and that he can not lead the Salah.
According to the Hanafis it is prohibited to shave the beard (Ad-Durh al Muktahr)
According to the Malakiis it is prohibited to shave the beeard (Sharh ur-Risalah)
According to the Shafiis it is prohibited to shave the beard unless you have a medical reason(Sharh al ubab)
According to the Hanbalis, Ibn Taymiyyah says it is prohibited to shave the beard (Al- Ikhtiyarat)

so from this it is quite clear that the Scholars of the Salaf agree that it is prohibited to trim the beard let alone to design in a way imitates the non believers.

The command of the Prohet(pbuh) are clear that you should leave the beards to grow, there is no authentic narration to sugeest that the Prohet or the comapnions ever shavedthere beards. However there are narrations from Ibn Umar, Ibn Abbass that whatever extended below the fist lenth would be trimmed "Abdullah Ibn Umar went for Hajj he used to hold his beard and cut what ever extended below his fist" (Bukhari)

There are many hadiths where Prophet(pbuh) told us to spare our beards and not to imiate the kuffar "closely trim the moustaches and spare the beards" (Bukhari) "cut the moustaches and grow your beards. Be different from the magians" (Muslim)

so brothers we can clearly see that the beard is something we can not take lightley, we must advice, educate, our brothers about this issue and give naseeah that the Prophet(pbuh) way is the right way, and highlight that other than is the hellfire.

Jazakallah Khair for giving all the daleels from ulemah of salaf and the Ahadeeths of prophet (saw).
i pray that we can implement this in our daily life inshA.

Helena
01-21-2006, 01:57 PM

Jazakallahu kairan for agreeing with me, :happy: supprting it with evidence!! Alhamdulilah well explained!!!!

aZn_pLayGurL
01-21-2006, 05:58 PM
SaLAAmz i personally think that bwoiz look kind off good in dykes :S but it shunt b like that :S

ghurabaa2000
01-21-2006, 06:03 PM
SaLAAmz i personally think that bwoiz look kind off good in dykes :S but it shunt b like that :S

what is a dyke?

aZn_pLayGurL
01-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Lolz Hehehe Omg Wut Wurld Ju Living In Itz A Lint Thatz On The Owtside Of The Face :)

salman128
01-21-2006, 07:42 PM
Either keep t he beard the righ way or dont keep it at all

Helena
01-23-2006, 09:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by salman128

True, but y would'nt a brother follow the sunnah???? and personally i think without a beard, a man does not luk like a muslim!! Hope i aint offending anyone. The reason am saying dat for example a women represents islam through her hijab, jilbaab or even nikab. But with guys, wot does it represnt???? Beard is the symbol of islam, i thik guys look beta with it dan with out it!!

can some one expalin it further???

Muezzin
01-23-2006, 09:28 AM

A topi is a symbol of Islam too.

Unless people think you're some sort of Pakistani Rabbi, which is just weird.

Helena
01-23-2006, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

A topi is a symbol of Islam too.

Unless people think you're some sort of Pakistani Rabbi, which is just weird.

forgot to mention dat, yeah my dad gets really angry if he sees someone with beard, but with out his topi!!! My dad is a maulana or in urdu u say maulvi i think!!

hidden_treasure
01-23-2006, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by salman128

assalamu alaikum,

brother,have you ever thought that some people have stronger eman than others???....dont get me wrong......i adoreeeeeeeeeee the beard, but is that the only thing that represents Islam? Why are we putting so much emphasis on outward apperances rather than inward?

Yes, we all know the beard is wajib in Islam, but its not the ONLY thing to worry about. We should all try and look at ourselves, and howmany faults we have....(too mant to count i'd say).

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-23-2006, 10:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hidden_treasure
assalamu alaikum,

brother,have you ever thought that some people have stronger eman than others???....dont get me wrong......i adoreeeeeeeeeee the beard, but is that the only thing that represents Islam? Why are we putting so much emphasis on outward apperances rather than inward?

Yes, we all know the beard is wajib in Islam, but its not the ONLY thing to worry about. We should all try and look at ourselves, and howmany faults we have....(too mant to count i'd say).

i agree with u there wat u saying about hw much we go on about beard.
Beard is not the only identity of a muslim there are so many other things. How much thought do we givem them?

Alhumdulillah i have beard myself, but i dnt drill every brother i see who hasn't got beard. nor should anyone else
Yes u can advise them with hikmah

Tasneem
01-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Some men cant grow Beards

And about the jilbaab thing..well i dont know maybe the sisters dont know its oblogatory or arent just to that point yet

Belivers find excuses(for their brothers)hypocrites find Faults
Not pointing fingers just saying

SaLaMz

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-23-2006, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
Some men cant grow Beards

And about the jilbaab thing..well i dont know maybe the sisters dont know its oblogatory or arent just to that point yet

Belivers find excuses(for their brothers)hypocrites find Faults
Not pointing fingers just saying

SaLaMz

True say bout ppl findin excuses

Quruxbadaan
01-23-2006, 11:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aZn_pLayGurL
Lolz Hehehe Omg Wut Wurld Ju Living In Itz A Lint Thatz On The Owtside Of The Face :)
Asalaamu Alaikum may i ask what a dyke and a lynk is ??????????

Quruxbadaan
01-23-2006, 11:45 PM
ohhh sorry Lint???

mahdisoldier19
01-24-2006, 12:30 AM
salam alaikam

well i know bros love the pencil beard heheh

Helena
01-24-2006, 11:14 AM

i created this thread to solve the problem and certainly not create it!!!

all i knw to be muslim u need to follow every single thing in islam, if its the beard or the jilbaab!!! To follow it the correct way inshalah!!! We all need to help them, with the evidence from the qura'n and the hadiths inshalah!! So they can become clear about islam, and don't go astray!! As the satan is with us, we need to be careful and defeat the satan by proving we can be a better muslim!!

I don't knw y created this thread??? oh yeah to get everybodies view and as a ummah hw we can solve iit!!!

Helena
01-24-2006, 11:41 AM

one more i forgot to mention was:

to trim the beard less than the length of one fist or to shave it off completely is declared haraam. May allah(swt) protect every muslim from this. It is wajid(compulsory) to keep beard one fist length, and the length of one fist is established from the sunnah!! Bukhari

:w: :okay:

Muezzin
01-24-2006, 02:26 PM

Not to be a butthead or anything, but there is more to Islam than growing a beard. The amount of bearded Muslim guys I've seen chatting with girls is astounding. Not that I'm judging them. Heck, most of 'em are mates of mine. But I don't pick on what I perceive as their flaws, and they don't pick on what they perceive as mine. As a result, everyone gets along just fine.

But when someone drops the H-Bomb (that's 'Haraam' rather than 'Hydrogen') all hell breaks loose.

What was all that stuff we're supposed to be doing to unite the Ummah again? :p

MetSudaisTwice
01-24-2006, 03:43 PM
salam
mashallah true bro, when we or you try to guide they think less of you and think 'what do you know?'
wasalam

Helena
01-25-2006, 09:52 AM

Yeah true muezzin!! I've seen it myself aswell!!!!!!!! Very hard to belive people nowdays, most of them are same!!!

Wot can we do now???

hidden_treasure
01-25-2006, 10:17 AM
salams,

As ibn al Qiyam said...the person who are always looking for the faults in others must have many more faults himself.

May Allah protect us all from finding faults in others, and make us busy in trying to better oursleves, and bless us with the highest place in Jannah..ameen.

ola
01-25-2006, 12:28 PM
True Bro Muezzin
I Agree

aisha_muslimah
01-25-2006, 12:32 PM
I have noticed unislamic acts among muslims. Especially in nasheed artist they are meant to be a role model for our next generation. E.g sami yusuf, does his beard ever grow?? Its seems as if he is trimming it everytime. Another example zain bhika, more like a box beard!! Alhamdulilah yusuf islam is perfect!! Am i back chatting?? may allah(swt) forgive, am just trying to solve the matter. As we are meant to follow are prophet muhammad(saw) his our guidance to jannah!! But wot r we doing? I knw am a girl, raising a issue lyk this am just curious!! hope i am not offending anyone. Same with jilbaabs, ppl are doing certain thing are not respecting what they are weaing!!

i agree to

Takumi
01-25-2006, 02:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aisha_muslimah
I have noticed unislamic acts among muslims. Especially in nasheed artist they are meant to be a role model for our next generation. E.g sami yusuf, does his beard ever grow?? Its seems as if he is trimming it everytime. Another example zain bhika, more like a box beard!! Alhamdulilah yusuf islam is perfect!! Am i back chatting?? may allah(swt) forgive, am just trying to solve the matter. As we are meant to follow are prophet muhammad(saw) his our guidance to jannah!! But wot r we doing? I knw am a girl, raising a issue lyk this am just curious!! hope i am not offending anyone. Same with jilbaabs, ppl are doing certain thing are not respecting what they are weaing!! i agree to
People who look up to nasheed artists as role model, IMHO, have all their priorities messed up. Our role model is the prophet. Most nasheed artists I know, don't even intend to be role models, they're doing what they feel they're best at, to sway youth and adults alike from unIslamic chants and rythms to more appropriate means and ultimately leave unnecessary entertainment and replace that with Al Quran. Ask them.

Now, it is true that we have to follow everything that Allah says. But, the degree of inhibitions and command vary.

For example, to be the devil's advocate here:

If you're life is at stake, and someone asks to choose either :

(1) Make zina
(2) Take interest (riba)
(3) Kill yourself

What will you do?

If you don't know the answer to that, may I suggest that you do some reading on the Fiqh of Priorities {Al Fiqh al Awlawiyyaat} or attend classes at the masjid or Al Maghrib Institute class?

Muezzin is on track [ehem...I'm still waiting for the you know what :p]

Of course, as I see it, the intention of this thread is NOT to belittle anyone, but asking whether Sami Yusuf's beard is trimmed and to publicly humiliate Brother Zain as such is uncalled for.

Peace.

Tasneem
01-25-2006, 02:31 PM

i created this thread to solve the problem and certainly not create it!!!

all i knw to be muslim u need to follow every single thing in islam, if its the beard or the jilbaab!!! To follow it the correct way inshalah!!! We all need to help them, with the evidence from the qura'n and the hadiths inshalah!! So they can become clear about islam, and don't go astray!! As the satan is with us, we need to be careful and defeat the satan by proving we can be a better muslim!!

I don't knw y created this thread??? oh yeah to get everybodies view and as a ummah hw we can solve iit!!!

Sis some men cant grow beards

And i think that we should help the sisters who dont wear Jilbaab

But i dont think we should be mean to them

Just like the imam at masjid Rahma was saying 20,30,40 yrs ago were you covering like you are now????

I mean i just started weraing jilbaab its going on 3 yrs.

I was off and on with it

It was a big step for me and when sisters who wore the niqqab treated me
Acertain way i found myself disliking the niqqab even more
We must be gentle .Allah loves gentleness.

If you have mercy on others then Allah will have mercy on you.

SaLaMz

Muezzin
01-25-2006, 02:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
Sis some men cant grow beards
But some women can :p

Anyway, judge not lest ye be judged and all that eh? Let's all just get along.

Usmansaab
01-25-2006, 04:07 PM
lol

it is REALLY rare for a woman to go a beard unless they use some chemicals to make them grow one or sumin like tht lol
:P

Mu'maneen
01-25-2006, 06:10 PM

Who knows...maybe these brothers are more sincere in there worship to Allah, than a man with a long beard.

We all struggle with our eman,,it goes up and down...may Allah help us all..ameen.

My dear sister, it is better that we safeguard our tongues from the hellfire, and instead of speaking about them, make dua for them.

pls forgive me if i have offended u..
Dear Sister, the beard is 100% Fard, so whoever shaves off his beard is committing Haram.
So a man who shaves off his beard, cannot be classified as having strong Eman as one who has strong Eman will be scared in disobeying Allah in major acts, such as shaving off the beard.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:
http://hstrial-besmail.homestead.com/islam.html

WIN A PRIZE NOW!
http://www.islamic-faith.net/111.html

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:18 PM

Hmmm again i will say we should make stylish beard if we wanna make beard then make it properly but here come again that there is nothign written that you must have beard in islam ,i do accept that its part of islam but its not necessary to have it .

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aly
Hmmm again i will say we should make stylish beard if we wanna make beard then make it properly but here come again that there is nothign written that you must have beard in islam ,i do accept that its part of islam but its not necessary to have it .
i mean not say on ist line should not lolzzzzzzzz :giggling:

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:20 PM
i mean not say on ist line should not lolzzzzzzzz :giggling:
omgggg i mean noooooo wots happening wid me

SirZubair
06-09-2006, 11:23 PM

Anyone thought about practical reasons why people might like to cut their beards shorter than fist length? i.e. getting it caught in your coat zip?
Now i have a million and 1 reasons to love this brother. :brother:

Even though i have a beard,i have a problem with people who makes comments such as "look at that brother,he doesnt have a beard!astugfirullah!"

I mean,billy the goat and santa claus have beards.....they arent going to heaven....

A person with a beard and a person without a beard can have just as much iman and taqwa.

Ofcourse a beard is good to have,allhumdulilah.

but to those people out there that feel that it is their right to lecture those people without beards....get stuffed.

(..no..no..i wont get all worked up...)

Helena
06-09-2006, 11:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair

Even though i have a beard,i have a problem with people who makes comments such as "look at that brother,he doesnt have a beard!astugfirullah!"

I mean,billy the goat and santa claus have beards.....they arent going to heaven....

A person with a beard and a person without a beard can have just as much iman and taqwa.

but to those people out there that feel that it is their right to lecture those people without beards....get stuffed.

ur kinda rite...am not totally wid u...wots wid the goat and santa cluse example...thats out of order...

beard is the sunnah of our prophet(saw)....his our role model, we shud follow his every example, without a beard, isnt it incomplete?

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:34 PM

:X well

SirZubair
06-09-2006, 11:35 PM
beard is the sunnah of our prophet(saw)....his our role model, we shud follow his every example, without a beard, isnt it incomplete?
It might be incomplete,it might not be.

At the end of the day,only Allah swt can answer that.

I know muslim brothers with the biggest and bushiest beards,who has the worst manners.They treat their mothers,wives,sisters,brother,fathers...pretty much every,like Dirt.never do righteous deeds (and they admit to it)

And i know other muslim brothers without beards,who are kind to Humans,Animals,Insects,..Do righteous deeds at every turn.

Keeping a beard is a Sunnah,but one wont end up in hell for not having one.

Alot of muslims see a beard as an 'iman meter'

Well,...it isnt. :)

wa'salaam.

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:39 PM

i am agree with you Helena that beard is a sunnah of our PROPHET(PBUH) but i am not agreed that without beard islam is incomplete ,agian i will say its your choice to have a beard but its not necessary ....

for example : if some body cant make a Huj and what will u say his islam is incomplete ? totally rong ....... every muslim should perform huj but if some body cant do it there is nothign rong .....

Again beard is in islam but islam is not in Beard !

SirZubair
06-09-2006, 11:40 PM
Again beard is in islam but islam is not in Beard !
I should have said that instead of using the Santa Claus and Billy The Goat example... ;D

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:41 PM

Not to be a butthead or anything, but there is more to Islam than growing a beard. The amount of bearded Muslim guys I've seen chatting with girls is astounding. Not that I'm judging them. Heck, most of 'em are mates of mine. But I don't pick on what I perceive as their flaws, and they don't pick on what they perceive as mine. As a result, everyone gets along just fine.

But when someone drops the H-Bomb (that's 'Haraam' rather than 'Hydrogen') all hell breaks loose.

yeh bro agree , its all our intentions which counts

afriend
06-09-2006, 11:43 PM
All the great scholars of Islam unanimously agree on this issue that to grow a beard no less than the length of a fist is compulsory upon all Muslim men as it is a distinctive sign of Islam, and it is haram (forbidden) for a mature stable Muslim to shave his beard.

This verdict was reached on the grounds that there are numerous ahaadith where the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam is explicitly commanding the Muslims to grow a beard. In this respect a few ahaadith from Bukhari and Muslim are quoted below.

Translation: Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhu quotes the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "Cut short the moustache and lengthen the beard."

(Bukhari and Muslim)
Translation: Abu Huraira radiyallahu anhu quotes the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "Shorten the moustache and lengthen the beard."
(Muslim)
Translation: Ibn Umar radiyallahu anhu quotes the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam as saying, "Grow (lengthen) the beard."
(Muslim)
Translation: Yahya ibn Kathir says that, once a person from Ajam (external province) who had grown a moustache and shaved off the beard entered the mosque. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam asked him, "What motivated you to do this act? He replied that his Lord had ordered him to do so. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "Allah has ordered me to shorten my moustache and lengthen my beard." Besides these ahaadith, there are other ahaadith which support the necessity of growing the beard. Therefore, to shave, or trim one’s beard less than the length of a fist is haram (forbidden) and anyone contradicting this ruling will be committing a major sin and regarded as a fasiq (immoral person).
The above mentioned ruling applies to all Muslims as a general rule, as for an Imaam or a Hafiz it becomes all the more important to grow a beard as he will have to lead the prayers and the Imamat (leadership) of a person who shaves or trims his beard is makrooh-e-tahrimi (severely disliked), although the prayer behind such a person will be valid. It is stated in a hadith of Ibn Majah that (page 77), ‘Let not a sinful and immoral person lead in a prayer of a true believer.’ It is also stated in Raddul Mukhtar (page 560, vol. 1), ‘It is makrooh-e-tahrimi for a fasiq (immoral person) to lead the prayers. An Imaam is the best person in the community worthy of leading the people in their prayers, he should be pious and apparently free from sin and immorality.’ In a hadith of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam it is stated, "If you wish that your prayers are accepted, than the most pious amongst should act as your Imaam, for he is a messenger between you and your Lord."

It is apparent from these ahaadith that an Imaam must grow a beard in order to lead the prayers. According to all four schools of thought (Madhabs), it is compulsory upon a Muslim man to grow a beard and refrain from shaving it, or trimming it to less than the length of a fist. Given below are fatawas (religious verdicts) issued by the four Madhabs and it’s leading scholars on the issue of growing the beard.

Hanafi madhab:

To trim the beard when it is less than a fist’s length, as done by some western people and hermaphrodites is not permissible in the opinion of all the jurists. To shave the beard as done by the Jews, Hindus and others is also not permissible.

(Durre Mukhtar)
Maliki madhab:
To shave the beard is haram and to trim it in such a manner that it changes one’s natural and normal facial features is also haram. It is also quoted in Kitabul Ib’daa’, that without doubt the four Madhabs are agreed that the beard should be lengthened and that shaving it is haram.

Shafe’ee madhab:

It is quoted in Al Ibaab’, that Imaam ibn Ar’rifaah says that Imaam Shafe’ee, in his book, Kitabul Umm, has categorically stated that shaving the beard is haram.

Al Azraiy says that the correct position in the Shafe’ee madhab is that to shave the beard without a valid medical reason is haram. Similar verdict of prohibition has been issued by Zarakhshi, Baihaqi in his book, Shu’ab Al Iman, and by his teacher Qa’ffal Shashi in Muhasin As Shar’iyyah.

Hanbali madhab:

It is narrated in Shar’hul Muntahaa’ and Shar’hul Manzoomatul Adaab, the most accepted view is that it is haram to shave the beard. Some Ulama like the author of ‘Insaf’, have categorically stated that it is haram. There is no report from anyone to the contrary.

Sheikhul Islam ibn Taymiyyah says, "Shaving the beard is haram."

Ibn Hazm has narrated Ijma (consensus of the Muslims) regarding the obligation of trimming the moustache and keeping the beard, he brings the following ahaadith in support of this Ijma:

Translation: "Oppose the Mushrikeen polytheists), trim the moustache and lengthen the beard."

(Muslim)
Translation: "Whosoever does not trim his moustache, he is not from amongst us."
(Ahmed Tirmidhi and Nasai)
The following are some fatawas given, issued by some prominent Muftis of the Arab world, in recent time regarding the necessity of keeping the beard.
Sheikh ibn Abdur Rahman Al Banna writes in Fathur Rabbani, "Shaving the beard is strictly haram. This is the madhab of Hanbalis and Zahiriyyah. Sheikh Nasir Uddin Albani writes, "Due to the above references, it is wajib to lengthen the beard and to shave is haram."

Sheikh Abu Bakr Al Jazari writes, "One should leave his beard until it fills his face, because the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has ordered, shorten your moustaches and lengthen your beards."

We can conclude from what has been said that to keep a beard is compulsory and to trim it or shave it is haram.

Keeping the beard has been the practice of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam, as it has also been the practice of the earlier Prophets before him.

When Musa alaihis salaam returned from his journey of Mount Tur and found the Israelites engrossed in idolatry, he became furious and in severe anger he pulled the beard of his deputy (and brother) Haroon alaihis salaam who said:

Translation: "O son of my mother, seize me not by my beard nor my hair." In the books of ahaadith, numerous hadith describe the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam as having a copious beard.

Translation: Umm Ma’bad radiyallahu anhu says that the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam had a copious beard.

At an age when moral and spiritual decline is at its peak, acting upon a single prophetic tradition could insure success in the hereafter. It is narrated in a hadith,

Translation: "One who is steadfast upon my Sunnah at the decline of my Ummah, for him there is the reward of a hundred martyrs."

One Maulana has said, "Within a body there is nothing which we can imitate the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam. Our hands, feet, chest, eyes, ears, nose etc. cannot imitate the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam. There is only one thing and that is the beard, in which we can imitate the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam. He had a full, dense beard. We should try to imitate him in this matter.

Acting upon the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam brings the pleasure of Allah and in turn great rewards in the hereafter. Similarly, opposing the Sunnah of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam brings the displeasure of Allah. It is stated in a hadith,

Translation: The messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam has cursed those men who imitate women and those women who imitate men.

The beard is a distinctive sign of a man and removing it is like imitating a woman and anyone who commits this crime earns himself the displeasure of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam and to displease the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam is to displease Allah. May Allah save us all from Allah’s displeasure and wrath. Ameen.

Modern scientists and doctors have realised the benefits of keeping a beard.

One doctor writes, that by continually shaving, the veins of the sight are affected, resulting in failing eyesight. Another doctor writes that a lengthy beard stops harmful germs from reaching the throat and chest. Another goes so far as to say, "If men shaved for seven generations, the men in the eighth generation will have no beards. This means that the sperm gets weaker in every generation, until in the eighth this quality is completely destroyed."

Keeping the beard is the right of every individual. Therefore, even parents cannot order their children to shave the beard. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam said,

Translation: "There is no obedience to any creation when the creator is being disobeyed."

In such situations where children are forced to shave their beard by their parents, the children must oppose them, for there is no obedience to anyone when the rules of Shari’ah are asked to be violated.

A Muslim should strive hard to imitate the blessed Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam in all aspects of their life and refrain from imitating the non-Muslims.

There are numerous ahaadith in many books of hadith which describe the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam as having a full beard. Given below are some ahaadith regarding this:

Translation: Ali radiyallahu anhu narrates that the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam was neither too tall nor too short. He had long hair and beard.

Translation: Bukhari and Abu Dawood narrate from Abu Ma’mar, who says, "We asked Khabbab radiyallahu anhu, did the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam recite the Qur’an in Zuhr and Asar prayers?" He replied, "Yes." We asked him how he knew this. He said, "From the movement of his beard."

Translation: Muslim narrates from Jabir ibn Samura radiyallahu anhu, who says, "The front part of the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam’s hair and beard had become grey. When he used to apply oil, it was not apparent but when the hair was unkempt it use to become apparent. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam had a dense beard."

Translation: At’a ibn Yasir radiyallahu anhu says, "The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam was in the mosque, when a man entered who’s hair and beard were unkempt. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam indicated towards him with his hand as though he was ordering him to adjust his hair and beard. The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, ‘Is this not better than coming with unkempt hair like shaitan.’"

Translation: Aisha radiyallahu anha relates that the Messenger of Allah sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "Ten things are of nature in which shortening the moustache and growing a full beard are mentioned."

Translation: Amongst the fitraat (Deen) of Islam is the cutting of the moustache and the lengthening of the beard, for surely the Majoos (Fire worshippers) lengthen their moustaches and cut their beards. In these two hadith, it has been mentioned that the beard is the natural beauty of a man. To shave it is a unnatural act. Also, shaving the beard is imitating the Kuffar, which is forbidden in Islam.

Translation: Ibn Al Jawzy narrates in Al Wafa Bi Ahwal Al Mustafa from Ali ibn Abi Talib that the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam had a full beard.

Translation: Tirmidhi narrates in his Shamaail from Abu Hala, who used to describe the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam. He says that the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam had a copious beard.

Translation: Muslim narrates from Ibn Umar that the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "Oppose the Mushrikeen (polytheists), shorten the moustache and lengthen the beard."

In another hadith, the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam warns the Muslims not to imitate the Kuffar. It is stated in the hadith:

Translation: The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam said, "One who imitates another nation, he is from amongst them." This is a severe warning to those Muslims who wish to imitate the non Muslims in their dress and appearance.

Translation: Anas radiyallahu anhu narrates that the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam, most of the time used to oil his hair and comb his beard.

The Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam used to take care of his beard and hair. In one of the hadith that has been previously mentioned, the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam told a man to comb his hair and beard. He also given the similarity of a man who has unkempt hair and beard with the devil.

To conclude, the Holy Prophet sallallahu alaihe wasallam has emphatically commanded the Muslims to grow a beard. He also gave a severe warning to those who oppose this command, especially those people who openly oppose it. In a hadith it is mentioned:

Translation: "All the sinners of my Ummah are forgiven except those who commit sins openly."

This is a warning to those people who openly shave their beards and have no shame in doing this act. May Allah give us all the ability to act upon the commands of the Shari’ah. Ameen.

Helena
06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
It might be incomplete,it might not be.

At the end of the day,only Allah swt can answer that.

I know muslim brothers with the biggest and bushiest beards,who has the worst manners.They treat their mothers,wives,sisters,brother,fathers...pretty much every,like Dirt.never do righteous deeds (and they admit to it)

And i know other muslim brothers without beards,who are kind to Humans,Animals,Insects,..Do righteous deeds at every turn.

Keeping a beard is a Sunnah,but one wont end up in hell for not having one.

Alot of muslims see a beard as an 'iman meter'

Well,...it isnt. :)

wa'salaam.

i knw wt u mean.....

but still arent we muslims meant to have good character anway..having a beard...acting weird wid ur family...jus insults islam....weakens ur iman and the sunnah...jus playing wid our religion.....isnt beard meant to show islamic values in life....

but widout a beard...can have a same effect too...can be absolutely outrageous to ur family and do certain things unislamic...

afterall we are here for a purpose...if a bro stops growing beard, and follows the non-muslims....its jus not right...blood that flows in our body shud represent islam, we shudnt easily give up...we shudnt forget our sunnah...

Allah(swt) will judge us according to our intention...we can say intentions counts...if that couts...y shud'nt brothers keep beard? wt made them fell behind?

Sohrab
06-09-2006, 11:54 PM
Hmmm again i will say we should not make stylish beard if we wanna make beard then make it properly but here come again that there is nothign written that you must have beard in islam ,i do accept that its part of islam but its not necessary to have it .

In Sura Hujuraat, Allah Warns:

1. O ye who believe! Be not forward in the presence of Allah and His messenger, and keep your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Hearer, Knower.

2. O ye who believe! Lift not up your voices above the voice of the Prophet, nor shout when speaking to him as ye shout one to another, lest your works be rendered vain while ye perceive not.

Some Ahadith regarding Beard:

1) Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Trim (your) moustaches and lengthen/grow (your) beards.” (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim)

2) Sayyiduna Abu Hurayra (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Cut off moustaches, leave beards and do otherwise than the fire worshippers.” (Sahih Muslim, no. 260)

3) Sayyiduna Anas ibn Malik (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Trim moustaches, lengthen/leave beards and do not imitate the Jews.” (Tahawi, Sharh Ma’ani al-Athar, 4/230)

4) Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) ordered the trimming/clipping of moustaches and the leaving of the beards.” (Sahih Muslim, no. 1/222)

Practice of Sahaba....

Imam al-Bukhari relates in his “Sahih” from Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do otherwise than those who ascribe partners to Allah (al-mushrikin): leave beards, and trim moustaches.” And Ibn Umar, when he went on Hajj or Umra, would grasp his beard with his hand, and removed what was in excess of it.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, 7/206)

I believe that Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) was known among other Sahaba (May Allah be pleased with them) as the one who most precisely followed Rasulullah (SallAllahu Alaihe Wassallam).

Keeping all this in mind, i would never say that it's not written anywhere that Beard is a must in Islam. Not complying with this strong recommendation (wajib) for any reason is a different matter, but saying that it's not necessary....i seriously doubt it.

May Allah give us all bros Tofeeq. Ameen :brother:

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:54 PM

i knw wt u mean.....

but still arent we muslims meant to have good character anway..having a beard...acting weird wid ur family...jus insults islam....weakens ur iman and the sunnah...jus playing wid our religion.....isnt beard meant to show islamic values in life....

but widout a beard...can have a same effect too...can be absolutely outrageous to ur family and do certain things unislamic...

afterall we are here for a purpose...if a bro stops growing beard, and follows the non-muslims....its jus not right...blood that flows in our body shud represent islam, we shudnt easily give up...we shudnt forget our sunnah...

Allah(swt) will judge us according to our intention...we can say intentions counts...if that couts...y shud'nt brothers keep beard? wt made them fell behind?

Helena ok if we keep beard thats fine , but there are many brother who been taunted or been sakced coz of beard ... look now when i asked to one of colegue that what come in your mind when u think about muslims ? he replied AK47 WITH BIG BEARD

Daffodil
06-09-2006, 11:56 PM
asalamulaikum

I'm just trying to help them, to fear allah(swt)!!!
With all due respect sister, n im sure ur intentions are pure but ur not exactly helping them by discussing other ppls beards on a internet forum.

Sister like i sed in the thread about sisters wearin hijabs but at the same time wearing tight clothes etc u need to remember that every one starts from some where, they may have only just started practicing, or may not be able to grow a beard it could have taken them years n years just to get it a couple cm's even. We shud think of 70 excuses for our brothers and sisters before we assume bad of them.

A person with a very short "stylish" beard may have more imam then a guy with a big massive huge beard n be more loved by Allah swt then those with beards.

Yep when we know some one is openly rebelling n knows whats right yet are doing the oposite because of low imam or wateva then its our duty to step in n giv some naseeha using kind words and eliquent speech.

No one is perfect we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Asalamulaikum

Aly
06-09-2006, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil
asalamulaikum

With all due respect sister, n im sure ur intentions are pure but ur not exactly helping them by discussing other ppls beards on a internet forum.

Sister like i sed in the thread about sisters wearin hijabs but at the same time wearing tight clothes etc u need to remember that every one starts from some where, they may have only just started practicing, or may not be able to grow a beard it could have taken them years n years just to get it a couple cm's even. We shud think of 70 excuses for our brothers and sisters before we assume bad of them.

A person with a very short "stylish" beard may have more imam then a guy with a big massive huge beard n be more loved by Allah swt then those with beards.

Yep when we know some one is openly rebelling n knows whats right yet are doing the oposite because of low imam or wateva then its our duty to step in n giv some naseeha using kind words and eliquent speech.

No one is perfect we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Asalamulaikum
you Rockin man coool , u rite !

Helena
06-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Helena ok if we keep beard thats fine , but there are many brother who been taunted or been sakced coz of beard ... look now when i asked to one of colegue that what come in your mind when u think about muslims ? he replied AK47 WITH BIG BEARD

astagfirulla that shudnt cum in ur way...if u truly believe Allah(swt) and follow correctly our prophets(saw) example...then Allah(swt) will guide u inshalah, no matter wt this wrld says about brothers with beard....

Remember one day we will all return to our creator, every soul shall taste! and this world is jus a simple test.....every move we make is a test..

nothing shud cum between us and our lord...nothing...

Aly
06-10-2006, 12:07 AM

astagfirulla that shudnt cum in ur way...if u truly believe Allah(swt) and follow correctly our prophets(saw) example...then Allah(swt) will guide u inshalah, no matter wt this wrld says about brothers with beard....

Remember one day we will all return to our creator, every soul shall taste! and this world is jus a simple test.....every move we make is a test..

nothing shud cum between us and our lord...nothing...

Yeh Allah and Prophet is every thing for us but some time you think about family and try to balance your Deeen and Dunya

Helena
06-10-2006, 12:11 AM
Yeh Allah and Prophet is every thing for us but some time you think about family and try to balance your Deeen and Dunya

i cant exactly remember in one hadith it states that we shud love our rasul more then our family!

we shud balance it out, by trying to show our family wot islam is about and try to make islam our first goal inshalah!

afriend2
06-10-2006, 04:27 PM
salaam,

ok this is probably what your looking for sis Helena ^^^.....(i thought id share some back-up)

"None of you believes until he loves me more than he loves his children, his parents, and all people."

although we should all try and remember (as sis Daffodil mentioned) that it is not for us to judge. of course we should warn people and try and help them, but at the end of the day its not in our power. whatever Allah ta'ala wills will happen.

we can never understand peoples intentions, “Allah knows that which deceives the eye and what the hearts conceal.”
therefore mentioning peoples faults isnt really up to us especially if we dont know the situations and so on....Allahu Alam

wassalam :peace:

Abdul-Raouf
12-08-2010, 05:45 PM

Jazakallah khair brotherghurabaa2000...wherever u are...May ALLAH shower HIS blessings on you..

This brother's last activity in this forum dates back to 2006....What he has shared is great.

أحمد
12-08-2010, 06:18 PM

Good point. Unfortunately, many people don't understand the importance of the five pillars, or even basics of haraam and halal. But they like to stir up excuses, that "at least" they've got a two fist beard, which they think is "the sole requirement" of Islam. This reminds me of college; an argument between two people. A reasonably practicing Yemeni Muslim (without a beard), and a Pakistani Muslim (with two fist beard), over the importance of prayer. It was on a "Friday", a few hours after the Jumu'ah prayer. The Pakistani brother stated how his beard makes him superior to his Yemeni "opponent", and is sufficient to guarantee him a place in paradise, without the need to pray. He "went" as far as to call the Yemeni brother "a kaafir", for not keeping a beard. Some posts in this thread, suggest along the same lines.

:wa:

SafaAuditore
12-08-2010, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by أحمد

Good point. Unfortunately, many people don't understand the importance of the five pillars, or even basics of haraam and halal. But they like to stir up excuses, that "at least" they've got a two fist beard, which they think is "the sole requirement" of Islam. This reminds me of college; an argument between two people. A reasonably practicing Yemeni Muslim (without a beard), and a Pakistani Muslim (with two fist beard), over the importance of prayer. It was on a "Friday", a few hours after the Jumu'ah prayer. The Pakistani brother stated how his beard makes him superior to his Yemeni "opponent", and is sufficient to guarantee him a place in paradise, without the need to pray. He "went" as far as to call the Yemeni brother "a kaafir", for not keeping a beard. Some posts in this thread, suggest along the same lines.

Calling someone a 'kaafir' is haram, especially to a muslim brother. How could he think he's guaranteed a place in paradise when he treats the others like this? =(

أبو سليمان عمر
12-08-2010, 07:36 PM
i read may time in this tread that islam is more then just growing a beard naam it is but growing a beard is wajib so it is a part of islam and this tread is in regards to this hence no one is saying beard is islam rather it is a part of islam and need to be followed

then you got those people who say i seen a women wearing a jilbab with a boy friend or a man with a beard smoking weed and a person with no beard or no jilbab doing good things well that is good the beard doesnt protect one from sinning nor does the jilbab but it does protect them form the sin of shaving or not wearing the jilbab just becasue a brother has a beard doesnt mean he wont mistake we all make mistakes but again the one shaving the beard is still shaving the beard and sinning in that so its like this a person grows a beard and does sins doesnt change the fact that the beard is still wajib and this is a silly thing to say people with beards sin of course they do but the Beard is still wajib

أحمد
12-08-2010, 08:00 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by أبو سليمان عمر
i read may time in this tread that islam is more then just growing a beard naam it is but growing a beard is wajib so it is a part of islam and this tread is in regards to this hence no one is saying beard is islam rather it is a part of islam and need to be followed

then you got those people who say i seen a women wearing a jilbab with a boy friend or a man with a beard smoking weed and a person with no beard or no jilbab doing good things well that is good the beard doesnt protect one from sinning nor does the jilbab but it does protect them form the sin of shaving or not wearing the jilbab just becasue a brother has a beard doesnt mean he wont mistake we all make mistakes but again the one shaving the beard is still shaving the beard and sinning in that so its like this a person grows a beard and does sins doesnt change the fact that the beard is still wajib and this is a silly thing to say people with beards sin of course they do but the Beard is still wajib
There's a big difference between maktoob and waajib; between hijaab and the beard. Hijaab is part of modesty; a maktoob law, while beard is part of a law regarding appearance; i.e. its reference to waajib, not maktoob. Hence, the two points aren't of comparison, as the laws both both are under separate categories. However, if one looks at the argument from a "western philosophic" point of view, one may be able to bring in many comparisons.

Correctly followed faraaidh prevent a person from certain forms of sin; as the Quran states, that salaah prevents a person from fahshaa and munkar. This means if the salaah is prayed, following the teaching of Islam, and not merely jump up-and-down, then turn right-and-left- finnished!

Similarly, if one is going to keep a beard, one must keep in mind that he is trying to follow a sunnah, which he is doing for the purpose of following Rasoolullah :saws1:, and NOT just as a fashionable item on his chin, nor a show-off device.

Finally, this post doesn't intend to refute anything you wrote, but merely adds to it. Allah knows best.

أحمد
12-08-2010, 08:01 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Gothique
Calling someone a 'kaafir' is haram, especially to a muslim brother. How could he think he's guaranteed a place in paradise when he treats the others like this? =(
He was only doing what he learnt at his local masjid, nothing more. This is another reason, why its important to have more educated teachers at our masaajid. Unfortunately, Britain lacks educated Muslim teachers.

cat eyes
12-08-2010, 10:32 PM
gosh i use to get frustrated with people like that until i realised i had many faults of my own.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.