/* */

PDA

View Full Version : i dont know wot 2 do....?

ifi
01-04-2006, 06:26 PM
:sl:

It is really hard 4 me atm to read all 5 namaaz as i go to skl. i miss zuhr, asr and magrib namaaz. i cant read at skl coz i cant make wudhu and its really annoyin me. i thought i wud ask to c if any1 cud help me..... like do i just read kaza 4 all of them? soz 4 me bein so stupid:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
01-04-2006, 07:40 PM
Assalamu Alaikum brother,

most of us who go to state schools do have these problems but inshAllah they can be resolved very easily if you go about it in the right manner.

you should talk to your teacher and get your point across that praying salaat is a MUST for you, and maybe gather some other muslims too. ask for a clean and modest place where you can offer your prayers also making sure its seperate for sisters, and if your school is really nice get them to have clean facilities nearby - or if not nearby just clean enough so you can make wudhu. you can then pray zuhr at lunch time and asr before you go home or if there are extreme circumstances i think you are allowed to combine the prayers of zohr and asr together. maghrib can be prayed before you leave school (depends on timings really).

and brother it is not a stupid question, as i believe it is asked frequently amongst students and muslims working in a non-muslim work place.
Allah knows best.
wassalam.

Takumi
01-04-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ifi

It is really hard 4 me atm to read all 5 namaaz as i go to skl. i miss zuhr, asr and magrib namaaz. i cant read at skl coz i cant make wudhu and its really annoyin me. i thought i wud ask to c if any1 cud help me..... like do i just read kaza 4 all of them? soz 4 me bein so stupid:?
thank you for bringing up good issues like this . :giggling:

No, you're not stupid. You're just concerned about your solah and that is a good thing. :)

Please clarify your situation. I may be able to help you out.

(1) What time does your school start everyday?
(2) What time does your school end?
(3) Why exactly can't you make wudhu"

FYI, qadha is only permissible when you oversleep and forgot. :)

R_U
01-04-2006, 07:56 PM

Not a stupid quest at all as the sis above says it's a problem most of us go through at school..When i was at school we asked the student councillor to put it forward at a student rep meeting..At first the teachers were a little worried as this was a new request as there was'nt many muslims in the previous years whilst the year (grade) i was in had loads!..Anyway we were initially told that th school had no space etc..We decided to speak to the headteacher ourselves and explained the importance of salaah and surprisingly she was very cooperative. We explained that we can pray Zuhr during Lunch and it is for Asr that we may miss 5-10 mins of lesson time..The school began by providing us with an art classroom during the lunch hour, which meant we had a sink too! For asr we were granted permission to use any empty classroom and we didn't really miss any lesson time as we were usually able to perform salaah in between lessons..I went back to my old school recently (after 5 years!) and found that there was a continuing demand for a fixed prayer room and the students now have their own room for use whenever necessary and will soon also have wudhu facilities too..So bro don't give up..Insha'Allah you will be successful and you may just be on route to starting up a prayer room of your own!!:)
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hidden_treasure
01-07-2006, 01:16 PM
assalamu alaikum,

It is not hard at all to pray at achool. It only takes a few minutes of your time, and just think of all the rewards you will be given, insha Allah.

This is a test for you, so always remember that.Strive to make Allah (swt) no.1 in your life, and you will see all the difference it can make.

We do not know when we will die...life is short, and we need to make that scale of good deeds VERY HEAVY insha Allah.

Ghazi
01-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Salaam

I get what were your coming from, I too miss some prayers but remember allah doesn't want to overburden any soul, so if you can't find the time cause your too busy just prey when you get home.

hidden_treasure
01-07-2006, 03:06 PM
[QUOTE=islam-truth;151692]Salaam

I get what were your coming from, I too miss some prayers but remember allah doesn't want to overburden any soul, so if you can't find the time cause your too busy just prey when you get home.

salams,

overburden? its a commandment from Allah the Most High.

Allah says "So woe unto those performers of salat (hypocrites). Those who delay their salat (from their fixed time)." (surah Al-Ma'un)v.4 & 5

When we are raised on Al-qiyama, we will be questioned about our salat.
There is no excuse my brothers and sisters.

mohakem
01-07-2006, 03:19 PM
As salamu alikum

Are there any muslim teachers in your school? If so, ask politely if you can use their room during lunchtime. It would make things a lot easier.

Otherwise, ask your form tutor or any other teacher who you have a good relationship with to let you use their room for a few minutes during lunchtime.

Failing that, you should tell your head of year.

Do you live far from school? Is there a mosque near school? What about a friend's house?

Wa alikum salam

aamirsaab
01-11-2006, 09:52 PM
At college we do wudhu in bathroom sink, except we all fight for the cleanest one - don't want no nasty ghora germs, ewww yucky.

Also, one of the teachers there let's us use her room for dhur namaz. sometimes, if she isn't teaching at the time, asr and maghrib.

Fajr is a pain to pray on time (at moment, in uk its beginning time is 6:45 i think, but sunrise isn't until 8 ish) as you have to wake up dang early. but it's only 4 rakat total - thank Allah! :D.

Sanobar
01-12-2006, 09:27 AM
salam!
well alhumdullilah we dotn have aprob here in india......we can pray all of them coz we dotn really have college at that time...! :):)

ma'salamah

sapphire
01-12-2006, 02:21 PM
our wholeee skul reads together allhamdullilah......cant u like work out times where u can fit in namaaz?lunch times or breaks....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.