/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello, just another agnostic searching for the answer...

Searcher
01-04-2006, 11:17 PM
Good day people

I'm 17 and I live in England

Some may define me as an agnostic, some may say fence sitter others may not give a monkeys!

But i'm interested in learning more about Islam and hopefully this forum will help me on my journey

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
01-04-2006, 11:28 PM
(insert lil britian theme tune)
good day to you to sir,
welcome
I used to be 17 once, yes back in 1805

azim
01-04-2006, 11:30 PM
Welcome bro.

I'm 17 too. Isn't that amazing! It's a miracle! Wnna become a muslim yet?

Nah, I'm kidding. Seriously though, make yourself at home, get to know the brother and sisters here, they're really nice and whatever questions you have, feel free to ask.

Take care bro.

Peace.

Muhammad
01-04-2006, 11:33 PM
Greetings,

Welcome to the forum! I am glad that you found your way here and thank you for taking an interest in Islam. Please feel free to ask questions and make yourself 'at home'!

I hope you will find the forum beneficial and will enjoy your stay, God-Willing.

Looking forward to reading your posts :),

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sumay28
01-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Welcome! I was 17 only 3 years ago so hey!!

Masha allah

Searcher
01-04-2006, 11:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
(insert lil britian theme tune)
good day to you to sir,
welcome
I used to be 17 once, yes back in 1805
LOL

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

These are much more down to earth welcomes than the corny ones I got on the Christian forum!

sumay28
01-04-2006, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Searcher
LOL

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

These are much more down to earth welcomes than the corny ones I got on the Christian forum!
:giggling: Hey... don't worry.. you won't be missing out on the corn or the cheese on this board either. As long as I'm still in the game!!

Searcher
01-04-2006, 11:54 PM
:giggling:

Well the fact your not all shoving the religion down my throat now is a good thing.

On the introduction there they were like 'Hey welcome, all you have to do is accept Jesus into your heart and it's all gravy'.

I haven't cancelled Christianity out yet, but I wasn't impressed by the followers. Even in my town the followers aren't very nice. Apparently all the regulars at church have a 'seat' and aren't happy when a stranger is sitting in it, like it's got there name on it!

Anyway, enough of my ranting

- Qatada -
01-04-2006, 11:57 PM
Heyy..

[BANANA]welcome to the forumz![/BANANA] :p hope you enjoy yo stay ere.. if you got any questionz to ask about islam then ask any time.

we look forward to your postz man. :)

Shadow
01-05-2006, 12:02 AM
hello welcome to the forum

:welcome:

Searcher
01-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Which section should I post my questions about Islam in?

- Qatada -
01-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Try checking the 'Basics of Islam' section out. Thats the best place to ask your questions.

Searcher
01-05-2006, 12:16 AM
I've posted my first one now than you!

Muhammad
01-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Greetings again Searcher!

We usually have questions about Islam, from a non-Muslim's perspective, posted in the Comparative Religion forum, as this is where many debates and discussions occur.

I have moved your thread there, and wish you a pleasant stay once more :).

Peace.

Abu Zakariya
01-05-2006, 12:36 AM
[BANANA]Welcome![/BANANA]

Rabi'ya
01-05-2006, 12:42 PM
Welcome to the forum. I hope, god-willing, you will find your answers to Islam here. But as you mentioned before, the followers of a religion have turned you off. the followers of the religion should not be the deciding factor -look at the scriptures and teachings of that religion before confirming your decision

Also, before I came to Islam(im a revert) I didnt really believe in anything. Initially I looked at the way of life of Islam, rather than the beliefs. Once I followed the way of life, I found it so easy and the beliefs followed shortly afterwards. Anyway, I hope you find your answers soon!

Peace!

Rabi'ya:rose:

M H Kahn
01-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Islam, as we are given to understand in the Quran, was always the name of the religion ordained by God Whom we call Allah in Arabic. God is one and the only Creator and Sustainer of everything in the heavens and the earth. He created the first man, Adam, from clay and his pair, Eve, out of him. In this way humans were first created, then they were sent to the earth to live generation after generation until the last day of destruction. The first human himself was a prophet of Allah and he made known the teachings of Allah to his childrens, grandchildrens and so on so long he lived. But when with increase in population, some people forgot the teachings or abandoned the same, then Allah sent Nuah, the next prophet to guide the humans to pronounce and believe firmly that Allah is one, He has sovereignty over everything, He is the only Creator of everythig including the prophets and angels;therefore, none should be worshipped except Him. Thus whenever the peopole went astray from the path of Allah, He sent prophets to remind that none but Allah should be worshipped and they should believe in what has been said by Allah Who will resurrect them and judge their deeds of this life and place them in the heaven or the hell as warranted by the deeds. But He is very merciful and oft-forgiving to those making repentence and seeking forgiveness. Muhammed(sm) was the last prophet and no other prophet will be sent. All prophets were humans with the exceptional qualification that Allah communicated with them and they all taught the people to believe in Allah and worship none but Him.

Seeking spiritual help to any than God signifies association of partner with Him and this is a great sin which will not be forgiven unless the person in question repents and makes a comeback to the truth that none but Allah alone has any power to do any spiritual help or harm, and none but He should be worshipped. One who believes in Allah as the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, His angels, prophets, divine books given to different prophets, the last such book being the Quran given through Muhammed(sm), the seal of prophets.In addition to believing that Allah alone is the Creator and Sustainer and none but He was to worshipped, the prophets taught the people to say prayers, give compulsory alms and do fasting and hajj as they were ordained by Allah.So, Islam is simple:-

1. Believe in what has been said by Allah
2. Worship none but Him
3. Do not do anything as worship, which has not been ordered by Allah or done by the prophet.
4. There is no priesthood in Islam; one has to say his prayers and other obligatory ibadah himself.
5.Most of the Mollahs are greedy for money; they have invented various ibadah purchaseable for money( such as milad, dua, reading Quran,tasbih etc.) . They take money from people and do these ibadah for them. They are the misguided greedy and almost all the mosques in Indian subcontinent are occupied by such misguided Mollahs.

But remeber that one must do ibadah for the sake of Allah only.

afriend
01-07-2006, 10:58 AM
[PIE]Welcome.....you shall find what you seek here[/PIE]

LOL

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.