/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iran President Bans Western Music

sonz
12-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has banned Western and "indecent" music from state-run TV and radio stations.

The ban follows a ruling in October by the Supreme Cultural Revolutionary Council, which he heads, to ban Western songs from the airwaves.

"Blocking indecent and Western music from the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting is required," a statement from the council said.

Songs by artists such as Eric Clapton and George Michael will be affected.

'Lack of knowledge'

Songs such as Clapton's Rush, Michael's Careless Whisper and The Eagles' Hotel California are often used as background music on Iranian TV programmes.

Songs by American easy-listening artist Kenny G are also often featured.

"This is terrible," said Iranian guitarist Babak Riahipour, a musician whose songs featured on state TV and radio. "The decision shows a lack of knowledge and experience."

Mr Ahmadinejad became president this year promising to reverse a recent series of reforms and return Iran to the ultra-conservative atmosphere of the 1979 revolution.

"Supervision of content from films, TV series and their voice-overs is emphasized in order to support spiritual cinema and to eliminate trite and violence," the council said on its website in reference to the October ruling.

Mr Ahmadinejad's programme has included sacking more moderate members of the government and replacing them with ex-military commanders and politically inexperienced religious leaders.

In recent weeks he launched an outspoken attack on Israel, calling for the Jewish state to be "wiped off the map".

He also claimed the Nazi Holocaust, which killed six million Jews, was a "myth".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
minaz
12-24-2005, 10:16 PM
He also claimed the Nazi Holocaust, which killed six million Jews, was a "myth".
Could you supply a source for this please, cuz it's very worrying if it's true he said this

Brother_Mujahid
12-24-2005, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by minaz
Could you supply a source for this please, cuz it's very worrying if it's true he said this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4529198.stm its here

but you have to bear in mind the media has drawn its attention to iran recently. Anything which is said they have blown it out of proportion to justify that iran is a threat to world peace and security.

minaz
12-24-2005, 10:29 PM
This guy is just gearing up for a fight

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Brother_Mujahid
12-24-2005, 10:31 PM
so was north korea, but nothing was done when they went against amreeka. Any arab nation or country which slightly gets out of line then theres always trouble brewing.

minaz
12-24-2005, 10:35 PM
north korea p***ed countries off politically, but Ahmadinejad takes it to another level. I just hope he's just all talk and don't mean the things he portrays

ummbilal
12-24-2005, 11:01 PM
what about non western music??

is a shia who worships Ali ra and Hasan and Hussain ra, a muslim??

is their sharia the sharia of Allah that Muhammed saws implomented??

ummbilal
12-24-2005, 11:04 PM
i agree its very worrying if he said it, about as worrying as bush saying the american troops in iraq are liberators and peace keepers, when they are acctually murderes,

the art of properganda is if u say it enough it must be true right??

he thinks if he says jews invented the holocaust(such an awful event in human history) enough times his people will just believe him, and they probably will,

inshaallah Allah will guide us all.

ummhabibah
12-24-2005, 11:16 PM
who are shi'aa people and what do they do?i do not understand
please reply
wasalaam

anthiok
12-24-2005, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has banned Western and "indecent" music from state-run TV and radio stations.

The ban follows a ruling in October by the Supreme Cultural Revolutionary Council, which he heads, to ban Western songs from the airwaves.

"Blocking indecent and Western music from the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting is required," a statement from the council said.

Songs by artists such as Eric Clapton and George Michael will be affected.

'Lack of knowledge'

Songs such as Clapton's Rush, Michael's Careless Whisper and The Eagles' Hotel California are often used as background music on Iranian TV programmes.

Songs by American easy-listening artist Kenny G are also often featured.

"This is terrible," said Iranian guitarist Babak Riahipour, a musician whose songs featured on state TV and radio. "The decision shows a lack of knowledge and experience."

Mr Ahmadinejad became president this year promising to reverse a recent series of reforms and return Iran to the ultra-conservative atmosphere of the 1979 revolution.

"Supervision of content from films, TV series and their voice-overs is emphasized in order to support spiritual cinema and to eliminate trite and violence," the council said on its website in reference to the October ruling.

Mr Ahmadinejad's programme has included sacking more moderate members of the government and replacing them with ex-military commanders and politically inexperienced religious leaders.

In recent weeks he launched an outspoken attack on Israel, calling for the Jewish state to be "wiped off the map".

:sl:
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is not a wise man. He bans western music, he denies holocaust.....By officially stating to continue nuclear studies, he made Europe and US come together which are in rivalry and cold against each other for a long time.
You can continue your nuclear program, but why do you declare that officially? Never in my whole life, have I witnessed such a stupidity. What is the aim? To make your opposed enemies join? To make them hit your country before your country grows strong?
He is just directly harming Iran, and indirectly the Islamic world
Do not forget:
'A stupid friend can make much more harm to you than a wise enemy'

root
01-04-2006, 11:27 PM
TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has banned Western music from Iran's radio and TV stations, reviving one of the harshest cultural decrees from the early days of the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Songs such as George Michael's "Careless Whisper," Eric Clapton's "Rush" and the Eagles' "Hotel California" have regularly accompanied Iranian broadcasts, as do tunes by saxophonist Kenny G.

But the official IRAN Persian daily reported Monday that Ahmadinejad, as head of Iran's Supreme Cultural Revolutionary Council, ordered the enactment of an October ruling by the council to ban Western music.

"Blocking indecent and Western music from the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting is required," according to a statement on the council's official Web site.
Shame, that one of the closest current Islamic States displays such wonderful multi-cultural and religous tolerence.

sonz
01-04-2006, 11:31 PM
i thought iran was shia country???

but it doesnt mater cuz western music be banned. it has nothing to do with religion and we all know the bad consequences of such music astagfirulah

root
01-04-2006, 11:39 PM
it has nothing to do with religion
Do you really believe that!!!! Truly, (man what a mind job someone has done on you".

"Music was outlawed as un-Islamic by Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini soon after the revolution."

It's all about religion and all about being against multi-cultural society to which Iran is years and years behind the rest of the world.

"Say no to Nukes" (for Iran anyway) :-)

azim
01-05-2006, 12:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Shame, that one of the closest current Islamic States displays such wonderful multi-cultural and religous tolerence.
Do you seriously have nothing better to do than make random patronising comments about Islam in the middle of the night?

Iran is far from the 'closest current Islamic state'. Go read about the history of the Khalifahs. It revolutionised goverment, free speech, introduced the welfare state as well forming the basis of taxation and judicial systems that almost all countries in the world today follow. Go read up on it. NOW! GO! GO! GO!

root
01-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Azim - Iran is far from the 'closest current Islamic state'.
hhmmm, we know thier is not a single country that we can call an "Islamic State". We also know the closest thing to it was "Afghanistan" and since the Taliban are now modern day cave dwellers, who else more closely resembles an Islamic state. I say Iran, what about you?

azim
01-05-2006, 01:09 PM
hhmmm, we know thier is not a single country that we can call an "Islamic State". We also know the closest thing to it was "Afghanistan" and since the Taliban are now modern day cave dwellers, who else more closely resembles an Islamic state. I say Iran, what about you?
You're judging what's the closest thing to an 'Islamic state' by which countries are the most right-wing and conservative. I sayeth to thee that ye should obtain a new yard-stick by ywis ye can judge.

root
01-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Root - who else more closely resembles an Islamic state. I say Iran, what about you?
Azim - You're judging what's the closest thing to an 'Islamic state' by which countries are the most right-wing and conservative. I sayeth to thee that ye should obtain a new yard-stick by ywis ye can judge.
So you going to answer the question?

Bittersteel
01-05-2006, 02:35 PM
he is a retard.Iran is Shia and a good thing is they allow Jews in their parliament which is appropriate for an Islamic state since a representative from the minority is required if their are minorities.

Iran is filled with corruption.and they are deviants since they care about the opinions of Imams,with whom they will even agree even if the Imams tell to kill their wives!

Iran got 540,000 troops with a million fanatic civilians ready to kill the uh...'infidels'.Its gonna be hard for the US,but the most probably the largest damage inflicted upon Iran would be the destruction of all nuclear facilities.Iran is smart they won't develop nukes atleast for now they won't.

imaad_udeen
01-05-2006, 03:40 PM
I am totally against cencorship of the arts to this type of level.

azim
01-05-2006, 09:13 PM
So you going to answer the question?
Go read about the history of the Khalifahs. It revolutionised goverment, free speech, introduced the welfare state as well forming the basis of taxation and judicial systems that almost all countries in the world today follow. Go read up on it. NOW! GO! GO! GO!
My idea is that you'll break your prejudices if you actually read up and learn about it rather than debating.

Syed Hussain
01-08-2006, 02:09 PM
ASW
we need more people like that around the world who know what these types of music and western cultuure does to people and how it is a waste of time.
TAKBIR
ASW
[S][/S]

czgibson
01-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Greetings,

What a moron. Insularity of that kind is a product of stultifying ignorance, and it can only lead to more ignorance. Ahmadinejad demonstrates his intellectual calibre clearly by denying the holocaust. I fear the people of Iran will suffer greatly under such leadership.

Peace

azim
01-08-2006, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

What a moron. Insularity of that kind is a product of stultifying ignorance, and it can only lead to more ignorance. Ahmadinejad demonstrates his intellectual calibre clearly by denying the holocaust. I fear the people of Iran will suffer greatly under such leadership.

Peace
That's a very good point, no one like Israel but calling for their destruction is like asking America to bomb you.

If I ruled a country, I would probably ban 50 cent's music though, or at least put a seriously high tax on it.

root
01-08-2006, 08:40 PM
My idea is that you'll break your prejudices if you actually read up and learn about it rather than debating.
Well, I did and I do including a long term stay in an Islamic Republic. I take it you don't want to answer the question.

azim
01-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Well, I did and I do including a long term stay in an Islamic Republic. I take it you don't want to answer the question.
Islamic Republic..not an Islamic Khilafah. The very fact the rulers of these countries won't make their countries Caliphates shows how far astray they have gone.

Can you answer three questions for me Root? (Four if you count this one :rollseyes).

1) The Welfare State - a staple in any fair, democratic, left-wing country. Which goverment was the first to use/invent/implement it?

2)Palestine. The most sought after piece of land with probably the most vicious and violent history. Under which system of goverment was it open freely to all denominations of faith (and never has been since)?

3)Someone once said: - "The right of freedom of speech consists in speaking the truth". Who said it and what was he? I'll give you a clue...he said it about 1350 years ago.

imaad_udeen
01-10-2006, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
That's a very good point, no one like Israel but calling for their destruction is like asking America to bomb you.

If I ruled a country, I would probably ban 50 cent's music though, or at least put a seriously high tax on it.
When you ban the arts and things like that you attempt to control people's thoughts and stifle a form of expression. It's akin to fascism and I would not like to live in such a place and feel for those who must.

Yea, .50 is not exactly Mozart, but it is 'artistic' expression and he should be free to produce it and distribute it within reasonable boundries.

Muezzin
01-12-2006, 09:41 AM
And Bush wasn't? :p

Leaders the world over - save for Nelson Mandela, Ghandi, and Muhammad (SAW) - are the same. Stubborn fools with guns.

mahdisoldier19
01-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Salam Alaikam Inshallah he will bring back an Islamic state

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.