/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Allah and Non-believers

Searcher
01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
What do Muslim believe Allah will do on the Day of Judgement to non believers?

Will he take into account reasons for not believing?

What about those (such as myself) who pray for a sign, they know someones up there but they don't know whether to follow Islam, Christianity etc. So they pray for a sign, but they either never recieve one, or don't pick up on the signs. Would Allah forgive them?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abu Zakariya
01-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Searcher

Someone that didn't receive the true message and believed, for instance, that islam degrades women etc. and therefore rejected islam, really can't be blamed. So if that is the reason, it will be taken in account.

As for yourself and people in your situation, if you sincerely want to come close to God and ask Him for guidance, you will we guided.

As for a sign, well, I would advise you not to expect something like a vision or something.
Rather, what you should do is, you should read the Qur'an and when you recognise the message and see that it is in accordance with the nature that God gave us and that it is the truth, you should accept it.

What I mean is, when you see that only islam is so strict on God being ONE, unique (i.e. not in anyway like humans and doesn't do the things which we do, like have children), that islams message is for people to get closer to their Merciful Creator etcetera and when you see that no other religion says this, although it is such a simple message in accordance with our nature, it will convince you, insha'Allah (God willing).

God said, according to islam, that when a person tries to "find" or come closer to God, God comes closer to that person. So if you try to get closer to God by walking to Him, He runs towards you.

So my advice to you is that you read the Qur'an and reflect upon it. If you, besides this, want to read about some miracles in the Qur'an and Sunnah (prophetic way) like scientific statements before its time, prophecies, miracles performed, I suggest you visit this site for instance:

http://www.islam-guide.com

Also, pray to God for guidance. He won't leave you hangin'

Abu Zakariya
01-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Also, read this:

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...dithqudsi.html

azim
01-05-2006, 12:30 AM
Hey.

This is a pretty odd-topic since we can never really know whom Allah forgives and doesnt forgive.

Islam means to submit to the will of Allah.

So, if you die in a state when you are trying your best to submit to Allah, then Allah-willing, you'll be forgiven, even if you may not have yet realised you were a muslim.

I'll just tell you about a story the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) narrated to us.

The first is about a murderer who had killed dozens. Eventually, he felt remorse for his actions and went to see a learned-man on how to seek forgiveness from God. The learned-man told the murderer that he did not know what he could to do to be forgiven and so the murderer killed him (as murderers are oft to do I suppose).

The murderer then went to see another learned-man, who did not have answer either, however knowing the fate that awaited him, he directed the murderer to a big scholar who lived in another land.

The murderer set out on his journey to see this scholar when he died. Allah decreed that the murderer be forgiven for his sins since he died while looking for forgiveness, despite having not yet found it.

In the same way, if someone dies on the path leading towards Islam, then they may be forgiven.

On the matter of a 'sign'. Allah would never give you a sign you could miss.

Allah has even said 'no one will enter the hellfire except those who choose to'.

Those who have signs come to them, but do not accept them (for whatever reason, pride or hatred etc...), they are the ones who will be punished.

If you are seeking guidance, and you sincerely pray 'God, guide me', then God-willing, you will be guided to the truth.

I hope that makes sense.

Salam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sumay28
01-05-2006, 12:34 AM
It is taught that there is only one thing that Allah will not forgive, and that is polytheism. If you don't have the Quran, try and get one. I believe there are places on the internet that have the full Quran that you can download. Also, you can download the actual recitations of the Quran-- it's beautiful. It's like someone said when my brother in law used to be in the music business.. "... it's like God broke it down in a rap".

azim
01-05-2006, 12:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28
"... it's like God broke it down in a rap".
Lol - That saying is now mine. I own it and all copyrights.

Searcher
01-05-2006, 12:38 AM
That answer does make sense Azim

that story is actually very interesting thank you.

And as Abu Zakariya suggested, I will read the Qur'an for more guidance. And maybe through reading it this question will no longer be relevant to me!

I'm going at my own pace through this journey, I just hope I don't take too long to find the true answer!

sumay28
01-05-2006, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
Lol - That saying is now mine. I own it and all copyrights.
LOL! I suppose now I have to add a little (c) Azim everytime I say that

azim
01-05-2006, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Searcher

And as Abu Zakariya suggested, I will read the Qur'an for more guidance. And maybe through reading it this question will no longer be relevant to me!

I'm going at my own pace through this journey, I just hope I don't take too long to find the true answer!
Give it some time till some of the more Islamically-educated brothers come online tomorrow, insha'Allah they'll give you some very good information regarding it.

Takumi
01-05-2006, 12:45 AM

I really like the way that you're going at your own pace through your journey. Take your time and by all means, do not depend on this forum solely to find answers.

Peace.

Searcher
01-05-2006, 01:01 AM
Of course I won't just use this forum. But i'll try and get as much as I can from it!

Because right now im REALLY confused

One minute I think Christianity is the way

Then I think Islam could be the answer

Then I wonder if there's anyone at all

Right now I don't think i'll ever find the path

Khattab
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Hi Searcher,

Welcome to the forum:)

Regarding your questions on non-beleivers and what will happen to them on the Day of Judgement.

If the person received the clear message of Islam and rejected it then there will be evidence against them. Allah (SWT) forgives all sins except the sin of setting up "partners" with him (ie. rejecting/disbelieving/making false gods), and inevitably the one who rejects Islam after having understood and hearing the message of Islam then there abode will be hell.

However if a person lives there life without ever hearing the clear message of Islam then they will go through a test on the Day of Judgement to see whether they would have accepted Islam or not.

So you see everyone will have the opportunity too accept Islam, for some it will be in this life and others will have that chance on the Day Of Judgement.

No injustice will be done to anyone, if they are a disbeliever they will be paid back there good in this life and if they are a believer there reward will be in this life and the hereafter. As Allah (SWT) reitirates throughout the Qu'ran:

"The Word changes not before Me, and I do not the least injustice to My Servants." (50:29)

"If anyone does a righteous deed it ensures to the benefit of his/her own soul; if he/she does evil, it works against it [his/her own soul]" (45:15).

“And your Lord is not unjust to His slaves.” (41:46)

“Indeed Allah is not unjust to mankind but it is mankind who are unjust to themselves.” (10:44)

"Verily God will not deal unjustly with man in aught; it is man that wrongs his own soul. One day He will gather them together; [it will be] as if they had tarried but an hour of a day; they will recognize each other; assuredly those will be lost who denied the meeting with God and refused to receive true guidance"

Then anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, shall see it And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it (99:7-8).

Regarding the second part of your question. Allah (SWT) guides those who are sincere in there search for guidance. As Allah (SWT) says in the Qu'ran:

"..As for those who strive hard in Us (Our cause), We will surely guide them to Our paths. And verily, Allah is with those who excel in good." Al-Ankaboot(29):69

"The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than Allah, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. Allah chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him). (42:13)"

Read up on the true message of Islam from reliable sources and continue to ask God for guidance inshallah (God Willing) he will open up your heart and understanding to Islam, be patient and don't lose heart in your quest. Any questions you have feel free to post.

Peace:happy:

sumay28
01-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Hey you're searching for Allah... you're taking the step in the right direction. I'm gonna break the two religions down to you.

(disclaimer: this might not seem nice to you Christians out there, and I may not seem nice, but I love the Christians aiiight??)
Christianity- you accept Jesus (as) as your lord and savior, as I'm sure you know. You need to believe that God had a son, put him on this earth to die for our sins, judging from what I read in the bible.. it don't look like that was what Jesus planned on doing, and then... somewhere along the lines after Jesus "died" he became God... however Christians want to make sense of it, it don't make sense to me. I was a Christian blindly for 7 years, dude. I remember people trying to explain it to me. "the holy spirit, Jesus, and God is one, Jesus is God's son who is made in the image of God, and God is Jesus and Jesus is God and they're both part of the holy spirit" .. I've heard something about God's spiritual gifts... dude.. if you can make sense of the whole thing, then go for it, man.
:astagfiru

Islam- You believe in ONE God, and that Mohammed (SAW) is his final prophet. The whole Jesus thing is a whole 'nother ballgame. We love Jesus (as) as a prophet of God and do not deny that he was in existence. We believe in the life of Jesus very similar to the Christians, only, that he did not die on the cross, as it appeared.

Searcher
01-05-2006, 01:39 AM
That point you make about Jesus is VERY interesting.

He doesn't plan to die for the peoples sins all the way through. Then all of the sudden he's died for their sins. Wow i never realised that before. But it's so true

sumay28
01-05-2006, 01:51 AM
That point you make about Jesus is VERY interesting.

He doesn't plan to die for the peoples sins all the way through. Then all of the sudden he's died for their sins. Wow i never realised that before. But it's so true
I'm telling you... he was praying to God that they wouldn't crucify him! I mean..... dude....

sumay28
01-05-2006, 01:58 AM
Hey searcher... grab your bible and go into the chat room! Umm.. if you don't have a bible... I got one! Get in there man.

.... ANYONE go in the chat room... this refreshing thing is annoying

Abdul Fattah
01-05-2006, 02:02 AM
Hi searcher

Signs are tricky. If Allah intends so he can make something so elegant and obvious you cannot possibly miss it. I 'm talking out of expierence here. I was once atheistic, later agnostiastic and finaly reverted to Islam.

But don't wait for it. don't think: .... If the signs, then...
See the thing is if mankind wants to deny the bleeding obvious he will do so. And if he wants to believe blindly he will also do so. A lot of people say they are open to seeing signs but in their harts they are not prepared to accept them. So the key here is to be concequent and honest toward yourself.
That being said. May Allah guide you to the truth. And if there's anything you want to ask, please don't be a stranger, no matter how silly you think it might sound.

Searcher
01-05-2006, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sumay28
Hey searcher... grab your bible and go into the chat room! Umm.. if you don't have a bible... I got one! Get in there man.

.... ANYONE go in the chat room... this refreshing thing is annoying
Damn, missed it

Damn the different time zones

sumay28
01-05-2006, 05:21 PM
no prob, bob... But keep those questions alive! I love discussing Christianity. I went to church for 7 years and I sang the the worship songs... I went to a "Christian Camp".. masha allah... Allah opened my eyes. And being in that environment for 7 years I know so much about the bible. And I know first hand how difficult it was to separate myself from that belief system. I hope to really be a help to spread the word of Islam and really point out the things about Christianity that I know from being a former-Christian. After converting (reverting) to Islam, I did go through a long period of time of being an agnostic, because I didn't take the time to actually study Islam. I just heard "one God" and BAM I'm a Muslim. I kind of jumped the gun... so Masha allah for you wanting to really study religion before you make a decision.

root
01-05-2006, 07:29 PM
An interesting thread.

Searcher, have you considered the following:

"There is only one God and He is God to all; therefore it is important that everyone is seen as equal before God. I’ve always said we should help a Hindu become a better Hindu, a Muslim become a better Muslim, a Catholic become a better Catholic. We believe our work should be our example to people. We have among us 475 souls - 30 families are Catholics and the rest are all Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs—all different religions. But they all come to our prayers."
These are the words of mother teresa.
http://www.ewtn.com/motherteresa/words.htm

Consider, did she befall into "hell" and how do you feel about that.

Consider also, that Christianity (in it's true sense) would send someone to hell even if they had no conciouce awareness of God, yet in Islam such people are awarded by Allah as a true muslim.

Thier is no scientific miracles to be found, it's all "spin" and all religions do this. Consider finally, that our brain all of a sudden found itself in a very strange environment within what was a few evolutionary seconds to what we were 100,000 years ago.

Best of luck in your search and I hope you are happy with whatever choice you make.

sumay28
01-05-2006, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root

Thier is no scientific miracles to be found, it's all "spin" and all religions do this.
A "spin"??? Please enlighten me on this "spin".

Consider finally, that our brain all of a sudden found itself in a very strange environment within what was a few evolutionary seconds to what we were 100,000 years ago.

"There are no athiests in a foxhole" as the military would so eloquently put it. Please explain that instinct.

Sweet Pea
01-24-2006, 04:12 PM
I used to be a Christian. Im telling you, if you pray and read the qu'ran, Allah will show you what you need to believe. It is up to you whether you accept it or not.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.