/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qur'an Quiz -- Difficult Level

sonz
01-05-2006, 10:09 AM
1. Which surah in the Qur'an is named after an Israelite Prophet who was sent to Iraq about 800 BC for the guidance of the Assyrians?

• Ibrahim (Abraham) (alayhis salam)
  • Yunus (Jonah) (alayhis salam)
  • Yaq'ub (Jacob) (alayhis salam)

2. In surah Hajr (15:87), it is said; "We have given you seven verses that are worthy of recitation over and over again"
According to the majority of Qur'anic scholard and ahadith, what seven verses is being referred to?

• al-Fatihah
  • ayat al-Kursi
  • al-Bayyinah

3. How many surahs were revealed in Makkah?

4. Which surah in the Qur'an contains the first ayah that was revealed where Muslims are commanded to bow down in sujud (prostration) when read? The ayah that when first revealed had such an effect, that everyone hearing it - both muslim and non-muslim prostrated there and then.

• Al Najm
  • Al Mu'minun
  • Ya Sin

5. What was the interval between the first and the second revelation to Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)?

• 2 years and 6 months
  • 7 months and 3 days
  • 2 days and 0 months

6. There are 5 mosques mentioned in the Qur'an; masjid al-Haram, al-Nabi, al-Aqsa, Quba, and _______?
  • masjid Al-Zirar
  • masjid al-Qiblatain
  • masjid al-Aqabah

7. What was the last will of Prophet Yaq'ub (Jacob) for his children before his death, which is given in surah al-Baqarah [2:133]?

• to Remain Muslims up to your last breath
  • not join others in worship with Allah
  • to enjoin al-Ma'ruf (right) and forbid al-Munkar (wrong)

8. Give the name of the Prophet (alayhis salam) who is mentioned only twice in the Qur'an. Once in surah al-An'am (6:85), and the other al-Saffat [37:123-132]
  • Ilyas (Elias) (alayhis salam)
  • Al-Yasa (Elisha) (alayhis salam)
  • Idris (Enoch) (alayhis salam)

9. Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said 'one who wants to know about the Day of Judgement as if he/she has seen it with his/her own eyes should read these 3 surahs; at-Takweer, al-Infitar, and ________'?

• al-Haaqah
  • al-Qiyamah
  • al-Inshiqaq

10. Allah Ta'ala says: "I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me". Where can this verse be found in the Qur'an?
  • Al-Fussilat (41:19)
  • Al-Dhariat (51:56)
  • Ta-Ha (20:77)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm_Maysa
01-05-2006, 10:28 AM
1. Which surah in the Qur'an is named after an Israelite Prophet who was sent to Iraq about 800 BC for the guidance of the Assyrians?
Yunus (Jonah) (alayhis salam)

2. In surah Hajr (15:87), it is said; "We have given you seven verses that are worthy of recitation over and over again"
According to the majority of Qur'anic scholard and ahadith, what seven verses is being referred to?
al-Fatihah

4. Which surah in the Qur'an contains the first ayah that was revealed where Muslims are commanded to bow down in sujud (prostration) when read? The ayah that when first revealed had such an effect, that everyone hearing it - both muslim and non-muslim prostrated there and then.
Al Najm

5. What was the interval between the first and the second revelation to Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)?
2 years and 6 months

6. There are 5 mosques mentioned in the Qur'an; masjid al-Haram, al-Nabi, al-Aqsa, Quba, and _______?
masjid Al-Zirar

7. What was the last will of Prophet Yaq'ub (Jacob) for his children before his death, which is given in surah al-Baqarah [2:133]?
to Remain Muslims up to your last breath

8. Give the name of the Prophet (alayhis salam) who is mentioned only twice in the Qur'an. Once in surah al-An'am (6:85), and the other al-Saffat [37:123-132]
Ilyas (Elias) (alayhis salam)

9. Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said 'one who wants to know about the Day of Judgement as if he/she has seen it with his/her own eyes should read these 3 surahs; at-Takweer, al-Infitar, and ________'?
al-Inshiqaq

10. Allah Ta'ala says: "I have only created Jinns and men, that they may serve Me". Where can this verse be found in the Qur'an?
Al-Dhariat (51:56)

Umm_Maysa
01-05-2006, 11:11 AM
:sl:
In the Quran it says masjidan means mosque in English...well, I don't know if there is another meaning for masjid in English.

Umm Safiya
01-05-2006, 09:14 PM

• al-Fatihah

I have no idea, I just guessed.. :X

• Al Najm

I guessed here too!¨

• 7 months and 3 days

• masjid al-Qiblatain

• to enjoin al-Ma'ruf (right) and forbid al-Munkar (wrong)

• Idris (Enoch) (alayhis salam)

• al-Inshiqaq

• Al-Fussilat (41:19)

Wow, I really need to study the Qur'ân more.. :sister:

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mainul_Islam
01-06-2006, 01:54 AM

is this the "Medium" Level? :)

• al-Fatihah

• 86 (i think most of the Surahs were revealed in Makkah)

• Ya Sin (guessing)
  • 2 days and 0 months (guessing again)

• masjid al-Aqabah (guessing :hmm: )

• not join others in worship with Allah

• Ilyas (Elias) (alayhis salam)

• al-Qiyamah (are the other 2 even Surah names? :-S)

• Al-Dhariat (51:56)

Umm_Maysa
01-06-2006, 02:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mainul_Islam

• al-Qiyamah [B](are the other 2 even Surah names? :-S)[/B]
the other 2 yes it is a surah they are Al Haqqah And Al inshiqaq. check the Quran surah 69 and 84 respectively...

Umm_Maysa
01-06-2006, 02:13 AM
7. What was the last will of Prophet Yaq'ub (Jacob) for his children before his death, which is given in surah al-Baqarah [2:133]
To know the answer of this check ayah 132 & 133

amirah_87
06-15-2006, 08:39 PM
his last will.....as mentioned in the ayat was.........."then die not except in the faith of islam!!"..al-baqarah

is this thread still running:?

lolwatever
06-20-2006, 12:33 PM
someone ask a tough question

in which surah and which verse abrogated the one before it and the one before it abrogated the one before it too?

umm-sulaim
07-03-2006, 11:33 AM

Ibrahim (Abraham) (alayhis salam)
Yunus (Jonah) (alayhis salam)
Yaq'ub (Jacob) (alayhis salam)

ya3qub 3alayhi salaam.

al-Fatihah
ayat al-Kursi
al-Bayyinah

al faatihah.

86 surahs were revealed in mecca.

Al Najm
Al Mu'minun
Ya Sin
I think mu'minuun, wallahu a3lam.

2 years and 6 months
7 months and 3 days
2 days and 0 months

7 months and 3 days.

masjid Al-Zirar
masjid al-Qiblatain
masjid al-Aqabah

masjid az ziraar

to Remain Muslims up to your last breath
not join others in worship with Allah
to enjoin al-Ma'ruf (right) and forbid al-Munkar (wrong)

"wa laa tamuutanna illa wa antum muslimuun", the first one.

Ilyas (Elias) (alayhis salam)
Al-Yasa (Elisha) (alayhis salam)
Idris (Enoch) (alayhis salam)

Ilyas 3alayhi salaam.

al-Haaqah
al-Qiyamah
al-Inshiqaq

surat al-haaqah

Al-Fussilat (41:19)
Al-Dhariat (51:56)
Ta-Ha (20:77)

surat adhaariyaat

wallahu a3laa wa a3lam,
nice post mashaAllah !

amirah_87
07-09-2006, 11:29 AM
ass salaamu alaykum

so what's the next question ppl!! :?

Karimeldib
12-06-2006, 07:02 PM
should we put in a new question?

ژاله
01-03-2007, 02:50 PM
a new question
"in which surah is the dua of yunus AS??"
a-surah yunus
b-surah ibrahim
c-surah ambiya
d-surah qasas

ژاله
01-03-2007, 02:53 PM
one more
who is called "AMEEN AL UMMAH"
a-sayyedina khalid bin waleed RA
b-sayyedina abu ubaidah bin aljarrahRA
c-sayyedina uthmaan bin al affanRA

~*MaNaL*~
01-03-2007, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by faizi
a new question
"in which surah is the dua of yunus AS??"
a-surah yunus
b-surah ibrahim
c-surah ambiya
d-surah qasas
the answer is c

Mawaddah
01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
I pick B too.

Isnt this supposed to be a qur'an quiz? how do the Sahabi names fit in here? :?

ژاله
01-03-2007, 03:47 PM
manal is offline i give the nxt one
which surah states"qala fama khatbuka ya samiriyy"
a-bani israeel
b-baqarah
c-qasas
d-taha

ژاله
01-03-2007, 03:49 PM
one more
there are 2 surah starting with alif lam ra,the order of kitab n quran is changed in them
guess the surahs???

chacha_jalebi
01-03-2007, 04:54 PM
okie dokie next question

when Ummul ul Momineen Hadhrat Aisha (ra) had people slanderin her and spreadin rumours about her, in which surah did Allah (swt) reveal that she was innocent?

Mawaddah
01-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Surah Noor right.

Mawaddah
01-03-2007, 05:05 PM
^ No it wasn't that verse zAk! That tayyibaatu lit-Tayyibeen verse came down when a woman came to Rasulullah and said " Ya Rasulullah the verses of the Qur'an address the men, so will there not be a verse for women?"
And then Allah sent down this verse.

The one pertaining to Aishah is " Innalladheena yuhibbuna an tashee3 al-faahishata......"

'Abd al-Baari
01-03-2007, 05:15 PM
mashallah you people have so much quranic knowledge

Mawaddah
01-03-2007, 05:28 PM
Next Question Pleassseee :)

chacha_jalebi
01-03-2007, 09:54 PM
wait wait wasnt it

innalla dheena jaoo bil ifkiyaa usbatun ....

dat line? oh and yesh you lot are right:D

okie dokie next question . . .

Mawaddah
01-04-2007, 11:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
wait wait wasnt it

innalla dheena jaoo bil ifkiyaa usbatun ....

dat line? oh and yesh you lot are right:D

okie dokie next question . . .
Yea yea it is this verse actually, I made a mistake

Mawaddah
01-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Okay the question that comes to mind now is, What is the verse in which Allah revealed his forgiveness for those companions who did not attend the Jihad with the Nabi alaihissalam?

umm-sulaim
01-04-2007, 01:13 PM
is it "laqad taaba Allahu 3alan nabiyyi wal muhaajireena wal ansaari lladheena ttaba3aho fi sa3atil 3osra min ba3di ma kaada yazeeghu qoloubo fareegin minhom thomma taaba 3alayhim innaho bihim ra'oufon ra7eem" ?

wassalaam

Mawaddah
01-04-2007, 02:15 PM
^ Nope, wrong :D

Maimunah
01-04-2007, 02:41 PM
is it in suraa imraan or tawbah?

wasalaam

Mawaddah
01-04-2007, 02:47 PM
^ Is it allowed to give clues?

:D

Okay, it's in Tawbah :)

umm-sulaim
01-04-2007, 03:10 PM
ok, is it "wa 3ala thalaathati alladhina khollifou 7atta idhaa dhaaqat 3alayhimol ardho bima ra7obat....thomma taba 3alayhim liyatoubo inna Allaha howa ttawwabo rra7eem" ?

wassalaam

umm-sulaim
01-04-2007, 03:26 PM
heeey why so surprised :D

how many times does Allah ta3aala set forth an example (mathal) ?

wassalaam

Mawaddah
01-04-2007, 03:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
ok, is it "wa 3ala thalaathati alladhina khollifou 7atta idhaa dhaaqat 3alayhimol ardho bima ra7obat....thomma taba 3alayhim liyatoubo inna Allaha howa ttawwabo rra7eem" ?

wassalaam
Yes you're right sue :)

Give us the next question please

umm-sulaim
01-04-2007, 03:35 PM
maw don't wanna be mean, ondhouree fawqish ^ ;D

wassalaam

Mawaddah
01-04-2007, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim
maw don't wanna be mean, ondhouree fawqish ^ ;D

wassalaam
Oops!! I didn't seeeeeee :-[ :statisfie :cry:

format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
^not maw's day today, for sure :D

in other words... # of occurences of the word MATHAL and its likes? :?
No it's really not my day today...

*sigh*

I think she means, the amount of times that Allah says "Dharaballahu Mathalan"

Right umm sulaim? :)

umm-sulaim
01-04-2007, 05:28 PM
chin up ma'e :), yh sa7 the amount of times "dharaba Allahu mathalan" is mentioned,

wassalaam

ژاله
01-07-2007, 12:38 PM
too hard!!!!!!
1-dharaba allahu mathalan 3abdan mamlookan la yaqdiru 3ala shaiy'....
2-wa yadhribu Allahul amthala linnass.
3-innallaha la yastahyee an yadhriba mathalan ma ba3oodhatan......
4-dharaba lakum mathalam min anfusikum
and loads more
dunno how many??

ژاله
01-07-2007, 12:40 PM
next q
which is the surah that comes 2nd?(lenght wise)

ژاله
01-07-2007, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
for the first Q, its D- Surah Taha.

as for second... u sure u wrote the Question right? coz the two places Quran and kitab comes in different order is... in Surah Hijr and Surah Naml.

surah hijr starts wid Alif Laam Ra. but Surah Naml doesnt. it starts wid Taa Seen Meem.
ooooooooops sorry....i forgot,,,
btw it does'nt start even with taa sin mim..
it starts with ta seen:)

yeah it may be,but the surah shuaraa' has the max no. of ayahs after surah baqarah....
ook...the next one"what Allah has entitled arabic with in the quran???
a____________language

umm-sulaim
01-20-2007, 01:09 PM
'dharaba Allahu mathalan' is mentioned in the Qur'aan 7 times...

thrice in nahl ayah 75 n 76 n 112

surat Ibrahim ayah 24

Twice in Ta7reem ayah 10 n 11

Zumar ayah 29

wallahu a'lam, BTW not includin dhoriba mathal yh...

wassalaam

fatimabilals
02-23-2007, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
next q
which is the surah that comes 2nd?(lenght wise)
I guess it is either Surah-Nisa or Surah Maidah

fatimabilals
02-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Assalamualaikum
Is the answer correct?

ژاله
03-01-2007, 08:56 AM
may be!!!!
ok can i give the next question?
how many rukoos does surah muminoon have?

a bro
04-01-2007, 07:53 AM
surah al-aaraf?

Good Shepherd
09-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Surah Mu'minoon: 6 Rukus.

Surah A'raf: 24 Rukus.

Here's the next question:

How many times does the word "Masih" appear in Surah Tawba?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.