/* */

PDA

View Full Version : General: Pearls of Wisdom

Khattab
03-23-2005, 03:12 PM
"Islam began as something strange, and it will revert to being strange as it was in the beginning; so give glad tidings to the strangers." - Prophet Muhammed (SWH)

"When I saw groups of Chechens wearing headbands with 'La ilaha illalah...' (There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger) written on them, and shouting takbeers (Allahu-Akbar), I decided that there was a Jihad going on in Chechnya and I must go there." - Ibn Ul Khattab

"The main thing that prevents all of us from coming to Jihad is our families. All of us who came here, came without our family's permission. If we had listened to our families and gone back home, who would carry on this work that we are doing? Every time I telephone my mother, even now she asks me to come home, even though I have not seen her for the last 12 years. If I was to go back to visit my mother, who would continue this work?" - Ibn Ul Khattab

"Never have I witnessed such sincere hospitality and overwhelming spirit of true brotherhood as is practiced by people of all colors and races here in this ancient Holy Land, the home of Abraham, Muhammad and all the other Prophets of the Holy Scriptures. For the past week, I have been utterly speechless and spellbound by the graciousness I see displayed all around me by people of all colors" - Al-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz – Malcolm X

"There were tens of thousands of pilgrims, from all over the world. They were of all colors, from blue-eyed blonds to black-skinned Africans. But we were all participating in the same ritual, displaying a spirit of unity and brotherhood that my experiences in America had led me to believe never could exist between the white and non-white" - Al-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz – Malcolm X

"America needs to understand Islam, because this is the one religion that erases from its society the race problem. Throughout my travels in the Muslim world, I have met, talked to, and even eaten with people who in America would have been considered white – but the white attitude was removed from their minds by the religion of Islam. I have never before seen sincere and true brotherhood practiced by all colors together, irrespective of their colour." - Al-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz – Malcolm X

Post up your favourite quotes.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
03-23-2005, 03:27 PM
:sl:

i love the hadith you quoted!!

"The religion of Islaam started as a strange religion and it shall return to its state of strangeness."
(muslim)

i also once heard something that a scholar said after it

Which strangeness is then greater than ours; where the enemies have become our rulers?

Uthman
03-23-2005, 03:42 PM

All of those quotes were great. Especially the first one!

May Allah grant all the muslim ummah the unity and brotherhood that we need today for all to see. :)

:w:

Khattab
03-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Some Muhammed Ali Quotes:

"Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill." - Muhammed Ali

"I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace." - Muhammed Ali

"We have one life; it soon will be past; what we do for God is all that will last." - Muhammed Ali

A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Muhammed Ali

Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong. - Muhammed Ali

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kadafi
03-27-2005, 10:27 AM
"There is nothing in our book, the Qur'an, that teaches us to suffer peacefully. Our religion teaches us to be intelligent. Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."
Malcolm X

kadafi
03-27-2005, 10:31 AM
After I die, you will see these Muslims fall apart in disunity, and you will see the Crusaders grow strong. The best thing to do for now is to continue the fight until we drive them from the Coast (of Palestine) or die.
Salah ad-Din

I do not know what will happen to me, if Allâh wills that the enemy should grow strong. They have established a base from which they can retrieve other lands. you will see these Muslim leaders sitting at the tops of their grandiose towers saying, ‘I shall not come down,’ until the Muslim world will be destroyed.
Salah ad-Din

The Muslims on the other hand are weak and demoralized; they have become negligent and lazy, the victims of unproductive stupefaction and completely lacking in enthusiasm. If , Allah forbid, Islam should draw rein, obscure her splendor, blunt her sword, there would be no one, east or west, far or near who would blaze the zeal for Allah's religion, or choose to come to the aid of truth against error.
Salah ad-Din

h1jabi_sista
03-27-2005, 10:39 AM
''Education is the passport to your future''- Brother malcolm x :)

h1jabi_sista
03-27-2005, 10:47 AM
i think this ones beautiful mashallah,
The Beloved Prophet Muhammed salallahu alayhe wasalam said:
''God says- I am as my servant thinks i am. I am with him when he makes mention of me. If he makes mention of me to himself, i make mention of him to myself, And if he makes mention of me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to me a hand span, I draw near to him an arms length; and if he draws near to me and arms length, i draw near to him a fathoms length; And if he comes to me walking, i go to him with speed.''

Subhanallah! it describes the divinity and mercy of allah subhana wathallah.

:)

kadafi
03-27-2005, 11:24 AM

Indeed sis.

"The extinction of race consciousness as between Muslims is one of the outstanding achievements of Islam, and in the contemporary world there is, as it happens, a crying need for the propagation of this Islamic virtue"
Arnold Toynbee

h1jabi_sista
03-29-2005, 04:48 PM
:sl: brother
I think i sort of get what that means but please could you explain it because i would rather not get a wrong interpretation of it. :)

Far7an
03-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Two Quotes from a dear brother of mine

1. We have been given two ears and one mouth for a reason, so that we hear twice as much as we speak.

2 My sig. :)

Khattab
03-29-2005, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by h1jabi_sista
:sl: brother
I think i sort of get what that means but please could you explain it because i would rather not get a wrong interpretation of it. :)

:sl: sister

It is saying the muslims do not regard colour, a white man, black man, asian, hispanic are all the same. It is something the non muslim world need to adopt, where they dont judge on skin colour.

Far7an
05-28-2005, 01:12 AM
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.

A love affair with knowledge never ends in heartbreak.

Ra`eesah
05-28-2005, 05:02 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

well i was reading and i came across 2 quotes that ment alot to me, even though they are from the Quran, What a perfect place to quote after.

GOD DOES NOT NEED PEOPLE

If you turn away, God will replace you with other people. You can do no harm to him. 11:57

THE IMPORTANCE OF SACRIFICE

You shall never be righteous until you give in alms what you truly cherish. God knows what you give and how much it means to you. 3:92

Ra`eesah
05-30-2005, 02:54 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Without love, quite simply there is no mercy. Without mercy, there is no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there is no hope, and without hope, there is no salvation.

l~:wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~l

Protected_Diamond
05-30-2005, 04:45 PM
mashallah some intresting quotes i'll add some later insh Allah

imaad_udeen
05-30-2005, 04:56 PM
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A7med
05-30-2005, 05:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
heartbreak ???

oh.........:zip:
>>>>>>>>heartbreak KID <<<<<<<<<
:zip: :p ;D *cough* *cough* zAk :p

*charisma*
05-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

The Prophet, peace and blessings of Allah upon him said,
"The [example of the] value of this world in comparison to [that of] the Hereafter is as if you dip a finger in the ocean and then pull it out. So see how much water sticks to it." <<subhanallah

"When you educate a man, you educate an individual. When you educate a woman, you educate a nation.” --Malcolm X

"...Don't let anyone make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force, to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement, and it seems that I can hear God saying to America 'You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power! And I will place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name. Be still and know that I am God.' " -- Martin Luther King, 4 April 1967

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."~Socrates

"We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light." ~Plato <<<my msn sig :p

"The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice." ~Ghandi

"If you were to see a repenting person, you would see weary eyelids early in the morning asking for forgiveness and listening to Allaah's command: 'Repent to Allaah with a sincere repentance'. You would see that his diet is light and his grief heavy; his body weakened by fasting and his feet tired from prayers. He would be exausted both physically and spiritually"
{Ibn al-Qayyim}

"To know that you do not know is the best.
To pretend to know when you do not know is a disease. " Lao-Tzu

"The first of all virtues is innocence; the next is modesty. If we banish modesty out of the world, she carries away with her half the virtue that is in it." -- Addison

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever”-Ghandi

“Maturity begins to grow when you can sense your concerns for others outweighing your concern for yourself”-John MacNaughton

"The Dunyaa is like salt-water; whenever you increase in drinking it, you will also increase in thirst."

"What can my enemies do to me? If they imprison me, that’s my seclusion! if they oust me, that’s my tourism! and if they kill me, they make me a martyr!" {Ibn Tayymiah} <<love this quote mashallah :)

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a faded shadow is sheer stupidity! - {Ibn al-Qayyim}

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Ghandi

fi aman Allah
w'salaam

Z
06-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Asalamu Alaikum

Here's one I always say. Don't know where I picked it up from though.

Live to learn, and learn to live.

That make sense?

Far7an
06-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Success comes to those who become success conscicous

Far7an
06-23-2005, 05:50 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

The person I like most is the one who points out my defects.

-Umar Ibn Al Khattaab (radiallahuanhu)

Hajar
06-23-2005, 06:57 PM

"You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom."

Malcolm X

Batoota
06-24-2005, 01:34 PM

These quotes are :applaud: :thumbs_up

Ma sha Allah- lots of wisdom and inspiration- good stuff! :)

So here are some of mine:

"When my heart became constricted and my paths became narrow
I took my hope in Your pardon and forgiveness as an opening and
an escape
My sins seemed very great to me but when I compared them to
Your forgiveness
I found Your forgiveness to be greater"

- Imam Shafi' (rahimullah)

^ Sounds more beautiful in arabic (especially since it rhymes)!

"He whose sin is due to desires, then have hope for him. And he whose sin is due to pride, then fear for
him - because Nabi Adam disobeyed due to desire and was
forgiven, and Iblis sinned due to pride and was
cursed."

-Sufyan ibn Uyainah

The believer regards his sin as if he were sitting beneath a mountain
which he fears may fall on him, whereas the sinner regards his sin as if a fly lands on his nose and he swipes it away.”

Ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him)

:sister:

Far7an
07-03-2005, 11:20 PM

Knowledge is that which benefits, not that which is memorised

ash-Shaafi'ee

Pinkrose
07-03-2005, 11:38 PM

Here is some of my fav Qoutes!! :p

1) Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you're alive, it isn't.

2) Each time you are honest and conduct yourself with honesty, a success force will drive you toward greater succcess. Each time you lie, even with a little white lie, there are stronger forces pushing you toward failure. :applaud:

3) The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. ;)

4) Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harms we do, we do to our selves. :applaud:

5) Fear less, Hope more; Whine less, Breathe more; Talk less, Say more; Hate less, Love more; And all good things are yours.

:w: :sister:

Ansar Al-'Adl
07-03-2005, 11:54 PM
These quotes are absoloutely beautiful, mash'Allah. We could compile books and books of beautiful quotes made by the Ulema of Islam. Insha'Allah I'll post here whenever I come across amazing quotes.

junna1
07-04-2005, 10:11 PM

Some of Prophet Enochs(Dhul Kifl) wise sayings.

Happy is he who looks at his own deeds and appoints them as pleaders to his lord.

None can show better gratitude for Allah's favors than he who shares them with others.

Do not envy people for what they have, as they will only enjoy it for a short while.

He who indulges in excess will not benefit from it.

The real joy of life is to have wisdom.

Pinkrose
07-31-2005, 02:10 PM

Here are some more qoutes that i like!! ~lol~
But they are very true!! :D

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it."

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."

"He who angers you conquers you."

"Never look down on anybody unless you helping him up."

Hope you liked them!! :D

Khattab
07-31-2005, 10:48 PM
:sl: sister, who are those quotes by?

Pinkrose
07-31-2005, 11:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khattab
:sl: sister, who are those quotes by?

I forgot there names!! :-[

But if you wanna know what web i got it from i can give it to you!!

www.quoteland.com/

Visit there Inshallah!! If you want!! :D

abdurrazak
08-01-2005, 12:10 PM
"all souls shall taste death' kulu nafsin zaa higatil mout

Danish
09-01-2005, 03:19 PM
post ur fav quotes...dont only have to be by muslims

TEH
09-01-2005, 03:20 PM
A smile is a curve, which puts alot of things straight...

Danish
09-01-2005, 03:25 PM
"Education is not a filling of a bucket, but a lightning of a fire"

TEH
09-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Love is temporary insanity, marriage is its cure...

Muhammad
09-01-2005, 03:59 PM

Threads merged - and yes that's a famous quote :)

Far7an
09-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Assalamu alaikum

I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action. - Fidel Castro

Muezzin
09-09-2005, 07:25 PM
'Miss, that is so gay though' - Jag on difficult exam questions.

'You gotta take it to the streets, you gotta bang em out, Miss' - Jag on drugs in Highfields

'Education is not like a cheeseburger' - Mr Downs on school

'It's supposed to be Rambo' - Naeem after tying a scarf round his head

Uthman
09-09-2005, 07:29 PM

The root meaning of Taqwa is to avoid what one dislikes. It was reported that Umar bin Al-Khattab asked Ubayy bin Ka`b about Taqwa. Ubayy said, "Have you ever walked on a path that has thorns on it'' `Umar said, "Yes." Ubayy said, "What did you do then" He said, "I rolled up my sleeves and struggled." Ubayy said, "That is Taqwa."

A man lost his way in the desert, and wandered aimlessly for several days. He ran out of food, and thought he would die. Then he saw a bag lying in the sand. He opened it, and at first he thought it was filled with grains of barley. He was overjoyed. But when he tried to eat them, he discovered they were pearls—and he plunged into despair. - Saadi ash-Shiraz

Protected_Diamond
09-11-2005, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
Two Quotes from a dear brother of mine

1. We have been given two ears and one mouth for a reason, so that we hear twice as much as we speak.

2 My sig. :)
whoaaa love the first quote :D

czgibson
09-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Greetings all,

Here are some of my favourites; some famous, some not so famous:

"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance." (Sometimes given as "The only thing I know is that I know nothing.") - Socrates

"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed." - Jonathan Swift

"A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing. " - George Bernard Shaw

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

"The best firms advertise the least." - Mark E. Smith

And finally, a short poem by Percy Bysshe Shelley:

Ozymandias

I MET a Traveler from an antique land,
Who said, "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desart. Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read,
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
"My name is OZYMANDIAS, King of Kings."
Look on my works ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that Colossal Wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Peace

P.S. Muezzin's quotes have the ring of authenticity about them. One of them reminded me of a teenager coming out of an English exam, talking to another teacher: "Ah, Miss, I really needed your help in that exam, innit." Not much you can say to that, really!

Shadow
09-17-2005, 03:58 AM
"if i was the one who was to write history then surely history will favor me"-winston churchill i think, im not sure where i got tht quote from but im very sure i got it from the game call of duty cuz everytime u die they give u a quote
there is another one
"there is no runner up in war"

akulion
09-17-2005, 11:28 PM
Salam Alaikum everyone

Ok lets share quotes...one liners or a few lines (not speeches lol)

examples:

People are asleep as long as they live. They are awakened when they die. [Ali(ra)]

He who takes the Book of God as his guide will remain safe from sin, and he will be counted among the best of men. [Uthman(ra)]

Quote Quranic Verses, Personalities, Hadith or anything you want as long as it isnt too long please.
Post one Quote per post and lets see how long we can make this topic :)
So lets get started :shade:

Noor
09-18-2005, 03:30 AM

I don't know where I got this Quote from but it's better powerful.

" True Fear in Allah is to Never lose Hope in His Mercy!"

P.S. Wonderful thread, Mashallah!

Halima
09-18-2005, 03:45 AM
" To be or not to be"- William Sheakspear: year 1313

TEH
09-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Was my quote so bad that it had to get deleted???

:confused:

Far7an
09-18-2005, 11:42 AM
Assalamu alaikum
format_quote Originally Posted by TEH
Was my quote so bad that it had to get deleted???

:confused:
It was a quote which had bad connotations to it, and pessimism can be sensed. We would not encourage quotes of this nature to be posted..

barakallahu feekum

TEH
09-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Alright fine, sorry...

But you should know, it was only for a laugh, it wasnt serious...

Zuko
09-18-2005, 12:17 PM
The eye of the heart, though closed in fallen man, is able to take in
a glimmering of light and this is faith. But anway of living causes a
covering like rust to accumulate over the heart so that it cannot
sense the Divine origin of God's message.
~- Martin Lings (Abu Bakr Sirajuddin)

I will not serve God like a labourer, in expectation of my
wages.

~- Rabia al-Adawiya

My son, when you pray, do it like a person who is bidding farewell to this world, and don’t assume you will have another chance to pray again. My son, know that a believer dies in between two deeds, one he offers for today, where he will get immediate blessings, and the second deed is what he offers towards the day of resurrection, and that is where he will gain the ultimate benefits...

- Muadh Ibn Jabal (radiAllahu anhu)

The candle is not there to illuminate itself
- Nawab Jan-Fishan Khan

(One of my personal favorites)

O Lord!
If I worship You from fear of Hell, cast me into Hell.
If I worship You from desire for Paradise, deny me Paradise
but if I worship You for Your own sake,
then withhold not from me Your Eternal Beauty
- Rabia al-Adawiya

The Righteous Salaf were as fearful of their good deeds being
squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is
certain that their neglect would be forgiven.
- Hasan al-Basri

True devotion is to loose the faculty of being conscious of your
devotion; for someone who identifies devotion in his devotion is a
person whose devotion is in need of devotion.
- as Sousi

Does money upset the hearts of learned men?
He answered, "men whose hearts are changed by money are not
learned"
- abu Hamid al Ghazali

The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol;
and the idol of each person is his Ego.

- Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri
[from al-Risala al-Qushayrriya]

Whoever gives advice to a heedless man is himself in need of
advice.

- Saadi al-Shiraz

Every drop of sweat
and every breath we take in life,
if not taken for the sake of Allah,
will lead to regret and sorrow
on the Day of Judgment
- Ibn Al-Qayyim

If a gem falls into mud it is still valuable.
If dust ascends to heaven, it remains valueless.
- Saadi al-Shiraz

Seeking knowledge at an Young age is like engraving on a stone.
- Hasan al-Basri

People need comfort.
Some people find it in this, some find it in that and some don't find
it at all.
Allah in His infinite Wisdom has designed everything on this
planet earth, the universe around and within it to ultimately point
to Him. The signs are everywhere. Everything points to
Him.
You just have to look.

The lower self is greedy,
teach it to be content.

We should be thankful.
One of the greatest parts of our spiritual path should be
thankfulness.
No matter what happens.
No matter what happens.

Your destiny is Allah.

The best provision is piety.

Knowledge is not what is memorised.
Knowledge is what benefits.
- Imam Shafi'
(In other words, that which has results)

Not wishy-washy, not up and down, don't zig and zag.
Be firm.
Walk straight.

Shaitan is always looking for an opening to get you.
Drive him away with Dhikr.

What hand do you think you will get your book, on the Day of
Judgement?

When we look for strength in ourselves, we will be weak.
When we look for strength in Allah, we will be invincible.

Batoota
10-02-2005, 12:15 PM

To show compassion to the wicked is to oppress the righteous; to pardon oppressors is to tyrannize the oppressed.
-Sadi, "Gulistan"

i read this thread and i'm pretty sure nobody already posted it, but just incase i am repeating sorry*.

:wa:

Batoota
11-04-2005, 01:42 PM

I just read a Vietnamese proverb which i'm not sure qualifies as a famous quote or not, but i thought i'd share it!

Near the ink, one is stained black, near the lamp one is illuminated.

*in case you don't understand it, it is saying you should keep good company..those who keep bad company then turn bad themselves and those who keep good, turn good!*

:w: :thumbs_up

Shadow
11-05-2005, 02:53 PM
"You give a man a fish, u feed him for a day, u teach a man to fish, u feed him for a lifetime"-Confusious as i recall

Sanobar
11-05-2005, 02:59 PM
salam!
those are soem good quotes.... iknw a really kool site they have a good collection of quotes ....

www.goodquotes.com
ma'salamah

Umm Yoosuf
01-05-2006, 03:00 PM
:salamext:

Insha Allah post all wise quotes here even your own ones.

Put aside your pride,
Set down your arrogance,
And remember your grave.
- Ali Ibn Abu Talib (radiAllahu anhu)

Seeking knowledge at a young age is like engraving on a stone
-Hassan al-Basri

People need comfort.
Some people find it in this, some find it in that and some don’t find it at all.
Allah in His infinite Wisdom has deigned everything in this planet eart, the universe around and within it to ultimately point to Him. The signs are everywhere.
Everything points to Him
You just have to look.

The eye of the heart, though closed in fallen man, is able to take in a glimmering of light and this is faith. But anyways of living causes a covering like rust to accumulate over the heart so that it cannot sense the Divine origin of God’s message.
- Matin Lings (Abu Bakr Sirajuddin)

Imam al-Shafi’ in his final sickness said:
When my heart was hardened
And my courses constrained
I made my hope a stairway
To your forgiveness
My sin burned me heavily,
But when I measured it
By your forgiveness Lord,
Your forgiveness was the greater.

:wasalamex

Umm Yoosuf
01-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Ah! I knew it was somwhere. Bad research! Yes brother Zak do what you all do best MERGE insha Allah :)

Umm Yoosuf
01-06-2006, 06:30 PM

Not wishy-washy, not up and down, don’t zig and zag.
Be firm.
Walk straight.

Shaitan is always looking for an opening to get you.
Drive him away with Dhikr.

What hand do you think you will get your book, on the Day of Judgement?

When we look for strength in ourselves, we will be weak.
When we look for strength in Allah, we will be invincible.

How can you be Despair?
Despair is when you are not getting anywhere.
Allah has said that He will never let any of our good deeds be lost.

There are distinctions among people.
People are like metal in the earth.
Gold, silver, aluminium, iron…

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.
-Abu Hamid al-Ghazali

Never do I argue with a man with a desire to hear him say
what is wrong is wrong, or to expose him and win victory over him.
Whenever I face an opponent in debate I silently pray-
O Lord, help him so that truth may flow from his heart and on his tongue, and so that if truth is on my side, he may follow me;
And if truth be on his, I may follow him.
-Imam Ash-Shafi (rahimullah)

Avoid the crowd. Do your thinking independently, Be the chess player, not the chess piece. [/

Re.TiReD
01-19-2006, 03:25 PM
:sl: i dont really know if this thread already exists so if it does...jus lemme know. :)

ok, well the title gives it away but u just gotta post ur fave quote..i'll go.

People say love is red, but maybe i'm colourblind cuz the only red i see is that of war and people dying. :'(

aZn_pLayGurL
01-19-2006, 03:45 PM
My FaV quoTe tHat I uSe iS

**i sMiLe wEn aM HaPpi, i sMiLe wEn Am iN PaiN... aiNt nO1 gNa wIpE tHaT sMiLe oFf Ma faCe :D***

Re.TiReD
01-19-2006, 04:07 PM
:sl: Niceee!!! :sister:

a woman is like a t-bag, u neve know how strong she is till u put her in hot water!! :)

aZn_pLayGurL
01-19-2006, 04:08 PM
Lol HAHA wat r ju trying 2 say pagal :p

Muezzin
01-19-2006, 04:29 PM
'Hasta La Vista, Baby'

That's a classic. As is:

'I ain't gettin on no plane, Hannibal!'

and:

'Who loves orange soda?'

MetSudaisTwice
01-19-2006, 04:30 PM
salam
laa ila ha illallahu muhammad ur rasoolullah
wasalam

Takumi
01-19-2006, 04:43 PM
"Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"- Anonymous

afriend
01-19-2006, 04:52 PM
i wont ell my own favourite but I will say this 1 which I thikn is very good:

"If you are only good to those who are good to you, then what good are you?"

I heard someone say that at the lecicester conference 2005

Snowflake
01-19-2006, 05:25 PM

Umm, I have a few faves...

1. We judge ourselves by what we feel we are capable of doing, while others judge us by what we have already done - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

2. We worry about what a child will be tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today - Stacia Tauscher.

3. When you teach your son, you teach your son's son - The Talmud.

4.The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right - William Safire.

5. Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction - Antoine De saint-Exupery.

Aaaah, I just have too many faves... :sister:

- Qatada -
01-19-2006, 05:32 PM

Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?

Then which of the favours of your Lord will you deny?

(surah Rahman 55:60-61)

ummAbdillah
01-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, they become destiny!!!!

Brother_Mujahid
01-19-2006, 07:00 PM
it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you. - Batman

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

Mainul_Islam
01-20-2006, 04:28 AM
"The strong is not the one who overcomes others by strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger." - Prophet Muhammad

Tilmeez
01-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Where there is great love there are always miracles.

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-20-2006, 03:43 PM
A person who won't die for something is not fit to live.

*shamz*
01-20-2006, 05:22 PM
treat others the way you want to be treated

an error doesnt become a mistake untill u correct it

the secret of getting ahead is getting started

success is not in the position u stand in it is in the direction in wich u look

Nawal89
01-20-2006, 05:38 PM
hmmm.. my favorite..

"smile, it's an inexpensive way to improve your looks." :D:D.

*shamz*
01-20-2006, 06:24 PM
yea similar 2 urs
smiling to sum1 else will brighten up urs and their day............so :)

ummhabibah
01-21-2006, 11:03 PM

i love this one:

""The wise man does not argue or seek to overcome with stratagem rather he propagates his wisdom. If it is accepted he praises Allaah and if it is rejected he praises Allaah"".

azim
01-21-2006, 11:33 PM
"Enter Islam, and share our joys and our burdens. Pay the tax and live under our protection. If you choose otherwise...then I bring men who desire death as ardently as you desire life." - Khalid bin Waleed - The Sword of Allah

Despite sounding cool as hell, it's actually very deep.

1) The message of dawah is in their (enter Islam), the message of coexistence (the tax) and the message of standing firm to our religion and not submitting to other ways of life (bring men...).

2) It reminds Muslims that they should desire death as ardently as others desire life. That doesn't mean commiting suicide, but means we should give all our material wants and life waiting for death to come and bring us closer to our Lord and creator.

3) It reminds us that Muslims weren't always disorganised, tardy (:p) and oppressed people who spent their time arguing amongst themselves (harsh but true). Once we were focused and united, full of love for each other for mankind and justice, and sacrificed ourselves and our wealth to spread the word of Allah.

4) It reminds us that Allah helps those who believe. Khalid bin Walid said these words to the two greatest empires at the time (the Byzantines/Romans and the Persians) who were much stronger and richer than the USA and EU is now, and despite the Muslims being poor Arabs few in number, both mighty empires fell to the Sword of Allah.

Important lessons... and still it sounds so damn cool!

aZn_pLayGurL
01-26-2006, 11:06 AM
iLL TeLL Ju agaiN :p

**wEn iM HaPpI i sMilE... WEn Am iN paiN I SmiLe... aiNt nO1 gNa wIpE thaT SmIlE Of MA fACe :D :D :D***

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-26-2006, 11:21 AM
here is another one, but it sound better in urdu

Dogs are always barking and travellers are always traveling.

i hope everyone get the meaning of it

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-26-2006, 11:47 AM
"What can my enemies do to me? My paradise is in my heart, it goes with me wherever I go. To put me in prison is to allow me to have a private devotion to Allah. To execute me is to give me martyrdom. And to kick me out of my land is for me to journey in the path of Allah." -Sheikh ibnu Taymiyyah

:w::rose::peace:

habib
01-26-2006, 11:50 AM
[BANANA]IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING![/BANANA]

Tilmeez
01-26-2006, 12:11 PM
In Education: Do not just throw the seeds. Grind them, bake them , slice them and don’t forget to put little honey on it.:rant:

Such nice food for Thoughts...

Our elders are real people to follow than so called ideals of our era..

Muezzin
01-26-2006, 08:39 PM
'Ziz chilli 'as more (OHH YES) zan zis one. Weird, non?'

-Thierry Henry

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-26-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
'Ziz chilli 'as more (OHH YES) zan zis one. Weird, non?'

-Thierry Henry

that's funny

Tasneem
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
I got this from a book full of quotez that my mother has

I REALLY like this one:

Why is the flap of the ear soft?That one may
Press it in the cavity of the ear when he hearz objectionable wordz.

SaLaMz

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
I got this from a book full of quotez that my mother has

I REALLY like this one:

Why is the flap of the ear soft?That one may
Press it in the cavity of the ear when he hearz objectionable wordz.

SaLaMz

sounds good, what's the name of the book?

Z
01-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Salaam.

I can't remember the entire quote, but our beloved said '.. and only in prayer lies my peace.'

Tasneem
01-26-2006, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_ibn_adam

sounds good, what's the name of the book?

Quotes from the west

SaLaMz

Z
01-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Salaam.

I think I got the whole quote.

'Truth is my salvation. Worship is my habit and in prayer lies the coolness of my eye and the peace of mind.'

Go on everyone, put that as your MSN Messenger display names now.

Tasneem
01-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Compassion is grace and the lack of it is disgrace
-The Prophet Muhammed(SAAWS),as reported by Aishah Bint Abi Bakr(R.A)

SaLaMz

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-26-2006, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
Quotes from the west

SaLaMz

Jazakallah Khair

Far7an
01-26-2006, 09:08 PM

Threads merged.

Umm Yoosuf
01-26-2006, 11:41 PM

Are you dying to LIVE or LIVING to die.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.