/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Repeated Aayaat

Umm_Maysa
01-05-2006, 10:54 PM
:sl:
Just wondering if there is any repeated ayah than "Fabiayyi aa laa irabbikuma tukadhibaan" in Surah Ar-Rahman. I mean full ayah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
01-05-2006, 10:57 PM
Well ever did writing speeches at school? IT IS A VERY IMPORTANT TOOL IN DRIVING THE POINT!!! I lost so many marks for not usong repetition in my speech in my Mid-year exams :grumbling :hiding: ...it is very good to repeat to drill the point through the brain!!!!

But there are many.........for example:

"After hardship there is ease" Ayah 5 Surah Ash Sharh
"Indeed After hardship there is ease" Ayah 6 same surah

azim
01-05-2006, 11:02 PM
I think 'Allah knows and you do not know' is one.

Also, 'if they but understood'.

Or is that not a whole ayah?

afriend
01-05-2006, 11:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
I think 'Allah knows and you do not know' is one.

Also, 'if they but understood'.

Or is that not a whole ayah?
It will suffice....Allah always repeats those Ayaahs in the Quran......May Allah accept our Efforts we take i nlearning the Quraan and it's meanings

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm_Maysa
01-05-2006, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
Well ever did writing speeches at school? IT IS A VERY IMPORTANT TOOL IN DRIVING THE POINT!!! I lost so many marks for not usong repetition in my speech in my Mid-year exams :grumbling :hiding: ...it is very good to repeat to drill the point through the brain!!!!

But there are many.........for example:

"After hardship there is ease" Ayah 5 Surah Ash Sharh
"Indeed After hardship there is ease" Ayah 6 same surah
No that one not exactly because it says Fainna ma'al...the next ayah Inna ma'al...

afriend
01-05-2006, 11:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maysa
No that one not exactly because it says Fainna ma'al...the next ayah Inna ma'al...
But still...........it has almost the same meanings

azim
01-05-2006, 11:18 PM
I think Surah Ar-Rahman is the only surah where one ayah is repeated like that though.

I learnt the Surah while on Umrah, subhan'allah, it's amazing. It's like you can taste Mecca on your lips.

afriend
01-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Wow i wish i cud have that feeling.....Makkah on your lips........Subhaaanallah.........I learnt my Surah Ar-Rahman from Sheikh Shuraim (Not in person of course)

azim
01-05-2006, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fozley
Wow i wish i cud have that feeling.....Makkah on your lips........Subhaaanallah.........I learnt my Surah Ar-Rahman from Sheikh Shuraim (Not in person of course)
There was a certain surah Sheikh Sudais recited while I was there, and he broke down into tears while reciting it. I think it was Waqia, but it was absolutely amazing. So many people started crying along with him. Subhanallah.

afriend
01-05-2006, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azim
There was a certain surah Sheikh Sudais recited while I was there, and he broke down into tears while reciting it. I think it was Waqia, but it was absolutely amazing. So many people started crying along with him. Subhanallah.
No matter where I may be (not that im bragging) but if Sheikh shuraim cries i will cry!!!! Be it in front of my female cousins who are like 7 years old

Silver Pearl
01-13-2006, 06:34 PM
wa alaykum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Surat Ar-Rahman isn't the only one where you get repeated verses, there is surat Mursalat and the repeated verse is Woe that Day to the deniers

وَيْلٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ لِّلْمُكَذِّبِينَ

Khaldun
02-13-2006, 07:39 AM
:sl:

LOL oh dear, this is a topic in itself but to make it short yes there are ayahs repeated.

Allah has revealed the best announcement, a book conformable in its various parts, repeating, whereat do shudder the skins of those who fear their Lord, then their skins and their hearts become pliant to the remembrance of Allah; this is Allah's [Surah Zumar Ayah 23]

khaledmm123
03-24-2006, 04:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
No matter where I may be (not that im bragging) but if Sheikh shuraim cries i will cry!!!! Be it in front of my female cousins who are like 7 years old
:sl: oh bro same here if shaik shuraim cries iwill cry . speacially when he cry on the word naar . and mostly cried on the repeted aayah
of suraih souraah . inna fe zalika la ayaat...:'(

- Qatada -
07-11-2007, 08:09 PM
:salamext:

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

Walaqad yassarna alqur-ana liththikrifahal min muddakir

And We have certainly made the Qur'an easy for remembrance, so is there any who will remember?

Surah Qamar (the Moon)

Repeated in the same surah: 54: 17, 22, 32, 40

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.