/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help in understanding

Peace_of_Life
01-06-2006, 03:38 AM
Hello.
I hope that I am posting this in the correct forum. I have wanted to become Muslim for almost a year now. I understand some things, but not many about this wonderful religion. I am a teenager and need help understanding Islam and many things related so that I may become a devote Muslim. I do not know anyone in my city who is Muslim, so it makes things very hard sometimes. I was hoping that someone (or many) could help me out.
Thank you for helping.
P_o_L

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Rabbiyah
01-06-2006, 03:45 AM
Salam alaikum What questions do u have maybe I can help you or at least direct u to someone can help

shudnt_have
01-06-2006, 03:52 AM
:sl: Feel free to ask any questions here..we will try to help inshallah wasalaams:sister:

Takumi
01-06-2006, 03:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Peace_of_Life
Hello.
I hope that I am posting this in the correct forum. I have wanted to become Muslim for almost a year now. I understand some things, but not many about this wonderful religion. I am a teenager and need help understanding Islam and many things related so that I may become a devote Muslim. I do not know anyone in my city who is Muslim, so it makes things very hard sometimes. I was hoping that someone (or many) could help me out.
Thank you for helping.
P_o_L

The local Islamic Center, mosque or masjid may be able to help with you with your questions.

In my experience, they are very informative and will accommodate your needs.

All kinds of questions are welcomed and there are some really good men and women over here will do everything that they can to answer your questions. If we can't rest assured we will try to find someone who can.

I applaud your interest in this wonderful way of life.

No, thank you for joining us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Peace_of_Life
01-06-2006, 03:58 AM
I have many questions. I was on another forum site, but it was nothing like this. I must say that this is the best and friendlyiest Islam site I have been on. I have many questions, like about the how to pray the right way, and how girls are to dress, mostly questions about the basics of Islam. I also would like to have help in understanding the Quran. I want to be very good and devoted. I don't ever want to question the religion.
My city, though large, has only one mosque. I went there one day, but my nerves got the better of me. I am very grateful for everyones help. You are most friendly. And it will be nice to talk to people who share the same religion. All of my friends that are religious are Christian. I do not speak about Islam because some, though friends, do not think very highly of other religions. I am rambling, I apologize. But thank you all very much for a great welcome and for helping me answer questions.

shudnt_have
01-06-2006, 04:11 AM
:sl: Asalaamu alikum wah rahmatullahi Barakatuahu,
My suggestion to you would be Focus with one subject to begin with...
Personally, I find it easier to learn and understand rather than rush and 'squish' everything in my brain. LOL. its a suggestion you may or may not like to follow it.
Here is a flash site on how to pray..
http://www.jannah.com/learn/flashprayer1.html
On www.islamway.com-there are free Quran Recitation links where you listen at any time..
www.Troid.org-for
I will find some more sites and inshallah post it for you. take care for now.

Rabbiyah
01-06-2006, 04:14 AM
I have many questions. I was on another forum site, but it was nothing like this. I must say that this is the best and friendlyiest Islam site I have been on. I have many questions, like about the how to pray the right way, and how girls are to dress, mostly questions about the basics of Islam. I also would like to have help in understanding the Quran. I want to be very good and devoted. I don't ever want to question the religion.
My city, though large, has only one mosque. I went there one day, but my nerves got the better of me. I am very grateful for everyones help. You are most friendly. And it will be nice to talk to people who share the same religion. All of my friends that are religious are Christian. I do not speak about Islam because some, though friends, do not think very highly of other religions. I am rambling, I apologize. But thank you all very much for a great welcome and for helping me answer questions.
No you're not :rant: ing at all this is a very exciting serious and wonderful religion not to get overwhelm I was the same way in fact when i went to a mosque with questions I was told that I wasn't ready Also as I was there someone with the same name as mine was taking her shahadah to me that was a sign from ALLAH although the sister that said I wasn't ready I didn't take it to the heart I took it as a challege and was eager to find out what did it take to be ready I will add I also before going to the mosque I went to other religions like witnesses and holy head quarters and none was in my heart it wasn't for me because it just didn't feel like the truth and guess what I still have more to learn so to say all this have patience because Allah is Patient with you He forgives those who don't know and He guides those to the right path.

shudnt_have
01-06-2006, 04:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabbiyah
No you're not :rant: ing at all this is a very exciting serious and wonderful religion not to get overwhelm I was the same way in fact when i went to a mosque with questions I was told that I wasn't ready Also as I was there someone with the same name as mine was taking her shahadah to me that was a sign from ALLAH although the sister that said I wasn't ready I didn't take it to the heart I took it as a challege and was eager to find out what did it take to be ready I will add I also before going to the mosque I went to other religions like witnesses and holy head quarters and none was in my heart it wasn't for me because it just didn't feel like the truth and guess what I still have more to learn so to say all this have patience because Allah is Patient with you He forgives those who don't know and He guides those to the right path.
Mashallah may Allah subhallah wah tallah give you both bests of this duniya and akhira ameen.:)

Rabbiyah
01-06-2006, 04:23 AM
Hello.
Thank you for helping.
P_o_L
On this site click on Load Islam up on theleft top side of the screen

Peace_of_Life
01-06-2006, 04:25 AM
I have looked at so many religions it made my head spin. But I found Islam and it had that feeling, you know. The one that made you feel as though you found what you finally have been looking for? I looked for so long to find many people that were willing to help someone like me understand such a great religion. I am most grateful. I will learn much and get my courage to go to the mosque. I hope to meet nice people there as well.
Do you think one of you may help me understand the words you write?
"Mashallah may Allah subhallah wah tallah give you both bests of this duniya and akhira ameen."
I am not sure what many of the words mean. I know Insallah means God Willing. But that is all.

Jacquie
01-06-2006, 04:33 AM
My advice would be for you to see what Islamic groups or organizations are near you. whyislam.org is a great one, or try locating a mosque near you, I am sure if you call them and tell them your intentions, they will have some one that can meet with you. If you live any wheres near northern New Jersey, I volunteer :)

shudnt_have
01-06-2006, 04:35 AM
I have looked at so many religions it made my head spin. But I found Islam and it had that feeling, you know. The one that made you feel as though you found what you finally have been looking for? I looked for so long to find many people that were willing to help someone like me understand such a great religion. I am most grateful. I will learn much and get my courage to go to the mosque. I hope to meet nice people there as well.
Do you think one of you may help me understand the words you write?
"Mashallah may Allah subhallah wah tallah give you both bests of this duniya and akhira ameen."
I am not sure what many of the words mean. I know Insallah means God Willing. But that is all.
Asalaamu alikum, I know what you mean, hun-
As it was said, Guidance is given only to those who searched for it, then they granted their reward-the true blessing the truth-which is oneness of God. Alhamdulilah-Praise to God Mightly that your heart is opened to the guidance, may God bless you with the bests of this world and hereafter [thats what it means-"Mashallah may Allah subhallah wah tallah give you both bests of this duniya and akhira ameen."]

Akhira= means Hereafter
Duniya=this world
Here is a link where all the common Islamic terminology is explanied. Btw, if you like, you can let someone here knw in which city you live in-one of us might hook you up with some practicing Muslims inshaAllah.
Got any qs? feel free to throw them at me..or anyone else..:)
http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...mic-terms.html

Peace_of_Life
01-06-2006, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the websites. I live in Omaha, Nebraska...(the middle of nowhere). Thanks for the volunteer though Jacqui. If I lived near Jersey, I would take up the offer.

Takumi
01-06-2006, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the websites. I live in Omaha, Nebraska...(the middle of nowhere). Thanks for the volunteer though Jacqui. If I lived near Jersey, I would take up the offer.

That's definitely a start.

May I suggest that you scout the University of Nebraska?

I'd private message you this, but I thought maybe this link would be beneficial.

Most universities in the USA have their Muslim Students Association. It's a university sanctioned organization. It'll be great if you could give them a holler, request a meeting or just talk to any representative.

They're young. So, expect enthusiasm and "We will do anything to help you attitude". Try this: http://www.unomaha.edu/msa/

Keep us updated.

Peace_of_Life
01-06-2006, 05:16 AM
Thanks! I didn't even think about UNO. I shall call them tomorrow after school.

- Qatada -
01-06-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey..

A really good site to see the basics of islam, for non muslims aswell as muslims is:

www.beconvinced.com

The sites really good because its got the info. on the basics of islam, the similarities between christianity and islam, and also info. which you may never have thought about before.

This is a good site to learn about the dress code for sisters in islam:

http://www.jannah.org/sisters/

This site will give some good info. on how to pray insha Allaah:

http://www.bahagia.btinternet.co.uk/prayer1.html

If you need any more info. then please do ask. thanks.

Ghazi
01-06-2006, 08:55 PM
Salaam

I've found this site which shows you how to make wudo
http://www.qss.org/articles/wudoo/wudoo_ToC.html
I've also found a site which shows you how to prey
http://www.islamway.com/english/imag...r/contents.htm
And i've found this great site which is good for people who are seeking information about islam.
http://www.islamworld.net/

Peace_of_Life
01-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Wow. Thanks to everyone who sent the sites and much information. It is most helpful indeed.
I was at school today and I just wanted the day to get over with so I could come back on here and read more from the different forums.
I shall check each site. Thanks again!

shanu
01-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Dear peace of life,
I would like to comment on your maturity on finding out about islam and actually learning it. I am very happy to know that dear sis.
If you need any personal help or books, please do remmeber to email me at ---, i am most please to help you. And if you prefer instant messaging you can add me at msn messenger at ---. You can ask me questions 24/7, may Allah bless you always

S:love:H:love:A:love:N:love:U
:brother: :love: :coolsis:

Peace_of_Life
01-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Shanu
Thank you for the offer. I am sure that in the near future, I may want to read some books. I do not have MSN messenger unfortunately. I have AIM, but if I can get MSN, I will try.

P_O_L

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.