/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Swedish organization : no aid for tsunami victims unless they convert Christianity

sonz
01-06-2006, 11:16 PM
Christianity Condition for Tsunami Aid

The Swedish Save the Children organization is concerned that many tsunami victims in Thailand aren’t being given help unless they convert to Christianity.

The pressure comes from Christian charities, primarily from the United States. Complaints about the situation are reflected in a survey conducted by the Swedish and British Save the Children organizations, together with the United Nations children’s fund, UNICEF.
Speaking to the daily “Svenska Dagbladet” the head of Swedish Save the Children’s tsunami relief in southeast Asia says in some places it feels like the 19th century, when missionaries demanded conversion as a condition for food and clothing.
The newspaper says that when its reporters visited several orphanages, the children, who were Buddhist, were wearing t-shirts with slogans like “God loves you” and “Jesus is the way”.

http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/Internation...artikel=765373

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
01-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Salaam

See this kiond of thing shows everyone that the kafirs have to resort to this sort of treatment of people in need to try and gain people to their religion. Damn if only the media was informed then people could see what christinians have to do to gain member

Eric H
01-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Greetings and peace sonz,

I am very sad at the thought of conditions being applied to people who are desperate, and I would not knowingly support such a charity.

Our church raises money for many local charities which I know the money is given freely to non-Christian organizations because I am in contact with some of them. We also raise money for a community in Kenya and from what I hear becoming Christian is not a condition applied.
If someone is to convert to Christianity I believe that they should come freely and willingly, they should not be bought.

In the spirit of seeking interfaith relations

Eric

akulion
01-07-2006, 07:22 AM
I still remember my bro Dennis from Bosnia :(

He became a refugee during the war and thats how I met him in Malta when I was living there.

He had 3 brothers who were divided up and forcibly given up for adoption to different families, when our family applied to adopt we were bluntly and quite rudely told the adoption of Muslim children could only be done by Christian families :(

Dennis resisted the family trying to force him to go to church for over 7 years until he had a mental breakdown and killed himself

His 2 younger brothers who were 5 and 7 were forced to go to Church every sunday, I dont know what happend to them

One of his brothers who was the oldest ran away to another country eventually....

Its sad how they do this and then say Muslims brain wash poeple!

And this is just one incident I cam in contact with personally...all across Europe and USA Muslim children were give up for adoption to only Christian families and Muslims were denied adoption rights :(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Eric H
01-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Greetings and peace akulion,
I am so sad to read about your bro. Dennis and his suicide. I honestly cannot understand how Christians could justify this kind of action through any passage in the Bible.

Above all else we are commanded to love our neighbour as we love ourselves, and if there were Christian children in the same situation, they might prefer to be adopted by a Christian family. If we would want this for our own then we should also respect that Muslim children would prefer to be adopted by Muslims if there was that opportunity that your family were offering.

I do believe there is a great need for interfaith relations, a great need for people to do things together pray together and build communities through diversity. Somehow we have to work together so that these hard hearted acts between people of diverse faiths are discouraged.

In the spirit of seeking peace and reconciliation between all of God’s creation
Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.