/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [UPDATED]LI Forum Orphan Sponsorship Program Information

kadafi
01-07-2006, 08:58 PM
:sl:

LI Islamic Forum will insha'Allaah start a project where we (LI Members) can work together to collect as much donations necessary to sponsor one orphan for a year (or more - depending on the funds).

The cost will be around $400 for a whole year. Insha'Allaah, if the project is successful, we can sponsor another orphan or sponsor even more than a year.

We'll get a picture and an up-to-date profile of the orphan we're sponsoring telling us how he/she is doing.

The Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

"I and the caretaker of the orphan will enter Paradise together like this, raising (by way of illustration) his forefinger and middle finger jointly, leaving no space in between." [Saheeh al-Bukhaari]
------UPDATE--------

Alhumdillah, so far we have 11 replies from members who are interested.

------UPDATE---------

I will list the payment methods that are available. Please do not attempt to send any money without informing me. Jazaka'Allaahu khairun in advance.
  • Paypal (Highly recommended):
- You can send money via the famous paypal system. You don't need to have an account with them, as long as you have a major credit card/debit card, you can send instantly. To send money via paypal, go here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/donate.php
  • Direct Bank Transfer
If you want to send the money via bank transfer, then pm (private message ) me so that I can provide you my bank details.
  • Cheque or Money Order
If you prefer using cheque or a money order, pm me so that I can provide you my address.

Insha'Allaah, I will update if more find more reliable payment methods.

Jazaka'Allaahu Khairun in advance and may Allaah (Exalted is He) reward you all. I will insha'Allaah post the orphan's information as soon as I get it.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snowflake
01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Wowwwwwwwwww I mean mashaAllah this is the best thing I've heard in ages. The reason for that is I have been trying to get a similar project off the ground for widows in pakistans poorest villages. Just seeing that someone else has been thinking alike is unremarkable. SubhanAllah it really has made me happy. May Allah grant this project immeasurable success and reward all those involved in it. Ameen..

Can you give more details such as who is behind the project and also orphans in which countries will be helped etc etc. Or is this already a registered charity?

JazakAllah khair

kadafi
01-07-2006, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nadia Waheed
Wowwwwwwwwww I mean mashaAllah this is the best thing I've heard in ages. The reason for that is I have been trying to get a similar project off the ground for widows in pakistans poorest villages. Just seeing that someone else has been thinking alike is unremarkable. SubhanAllah it really has made me happy. May Allah grant this project immeasurable success and reward all those involved in it. Ameen..

Can you give more details such as who is behind the project and also orphans in which countries will be helped etc etc. Or is this already a registered charity?

JazakAllah khair
:sl: sister,

Basically everyone is behind this project. We (the LI Members) are trying to sponsor a single orphan for a whole year. Once we get the required funds (through donations), we will deposit to money to Islamic Relief Sponsorship Programme.

Insha'Allaah, if we start this project, we will choose an orphan from the following countries:
  • Bangladesh
  • India
  • Mali
  • Sudan

Khaldun
01-07-2006, 09:35 PM

MashAllah this is a great Idea brother Kadafi!

and help one another in goodness and piety, and do not help one another in sin and aggression; and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is severe in requiting (evil). Surah Maidah Ayah 2

Therefore, as for the orphan, do not oppress (him). Surah Duha Ayah 9

Hope alot of members join in inshAllah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Safiya
01-07-2006, 09:38 PM

Mashâ'Allâh..
May Allâh ta'âla make it succesfull, and may He ta'âla reward those who participate, ameen..
What a wonderful idea..

Snowflake
01-07-2006, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi

Basically everyone is behind this project. We (the LI Members) are trying to sponsor a single orphan for a whole year. Once we get the required funds (through donations), we will deposit to money to Islamic Relief Sponsorship Programme.

Insha'Allaah, if we start this project, we will choose an orphan from the
following countries:
  • Bangladesh
  • India
  • Mali
  • Sudan

Nooo *faints* No please not Islamic relief. The reason being that, much of the fund is taken up in adminstration fees. Trust me on this one. We need own recruits to go out there and set up bank accounts for the orphans to be helped. One visit per country is enough and then donations can be transferable that way. This is the way I have planned to do it in Pakistan, only I have to set up my business in order to start the charity work. But there is no reason why I cannot be a part of this inshaAllah. I am also willing to make the trips abroad, especially as my long term goal is charity work anyway, so the experience will be good for me. But first things first, I recommend you open an account for this purpose only and we do this on our own. No middlemen involved. Their cuts/costs can provide another orphan for a year. Hope that makes sense. But subhanAllah brother Kadafi, mashaAllah what a superb idea :)

Ghazi
01-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Salaam

Hey guys Great idea I'm definalty intersted, btw i was thinking could you sort of a a well collection as it's one of the three things which gain you reward even after you die.

Brother_Mujahid
01-07-2006, 10:02 PM

No please not Islamic relief. The reason being that, much of the fund is taken up in adminstration fees.
theres nothing wrong with giving to islamic relief, even if they do take admin fees. If the people who work for them work full time and take a little to make a living while helping many thousands of people then there is no problem with this. The prophet would give some of his sahaba out of the bayt ul mal (the treasury) as they would provide and dedicate their entire time and lives for islam.

wa'alykumasalam

kadafi
01-07-2006, 10:10 PM

Nooo *faints* No please not Islamic relief. The reason being that, much of the fund is taken up in adminstration fees. Trust me on this one. We need own recruits to go out there and set up bank accounts for the orphans to be helped. One visit per country is enough and then donations can be transferable that way. This is the way I have planned to do it in Pakistan, only I have to set up my business in order to start the charity work. But there is no reason why I cannot be a part of this inshaAllah. I am also willing to make the trips abroad, especially as my long term goal is charity work anyway, so the experience will be good for me. But first things first, I recommend you open an account for this purpose only and we do this on our own. No middlemen involved. Their cuts/costs can provide another orphan for a year. Hope that makes sense. But subhanAllah brother Kadafi, mashaAllah what a superb idea :)

The administration cost is required for the charity organizations to operate successfully. Alhumdillah, the administration cost for Islamic Relief is not that many (5 to 10%). We can also try Muslimhands.org (which is also 5% administration cost). But in the end, the majority of the money goes to the orphan insha'Allaah. Furthermore, they will provide us with the up-to-date profile from the orphan :).

Once we have 10 or more confirmations from the members, I will setup an account on LI insha'Allaah.

sapphire
01-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Mashallah good idea....the only thing is....ermmmm...some of us are bit young...so make sure we do ask our parents first.....inshallah i will ask my parents for the permission first and give out my own money...inshallah they will agree......

muha0154
01-07-2006, 11:26 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum.

I would, Inshaallah, like to participate. Jazaakumullah, all those involved with this. Salaam.

Muhammad.

IUNEEQUE23
01-08-2006, 03:39 AM
Assalaamo alaikum wa rehmatullahi wa barakatahu,

Last night I listened to a lecture called "The World's Bravest People" by Shaikh Muhammed Al-Shareef (link below).
http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...&scholar_id=14

The shaikh mentioned towards the end of the lecture that Muslims mostly just watch...and listen mostly to the kuffar and its about time we take action in helping our brothers and sisters suffering over the world and stop just watching. So yes inshallah I am willing to support this blessed project as much as I can. May Allah help more fortunate Muslims to help the less fortunate Muslims both secularly and spiritually, ameen. Wasalaam

shanu
01-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Salam
Im definitely interested. I just started ma own sort of project here, like helping one orphanage per eid. That means making sure each one of dem gets a gift or some food to eat on dat special day. Im just a student so i dont haf much help here. But i really like ur idea, n the fact that u've gt ppl willing to help is superb. But how can i transfer money? Ive no visa, master card on ma own, hmm do i transfer da cash to one of ur accounts? I wish i cld give 10 000 bucks, but im pathetic :P , ive heard abt lots of scams from big organisations, i kind of trust urs, becuase a small grp of ppl are involved. So the money would certainly benefit the orphans. May god bless ur kind hearts. I'll try ma very best to help. God bless the person hu gaf this idea da most. Please update me on this :)

kadafi
01-08-2006, 12:14 PM

Masha'Allaah sister. May Allaah (Exalted is He) aid you in your efforts.

Insha'Allaah, I will list all the available payment methods soon.

Rabi'ya
01-08-2006, 12:18 PM

Im in!!

InshAllah we can get thsi project off the ground soon.

Rabi'ya:rose:

shahly
01-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Assalamoalaikum Warahmatullah

Alhamdulillah, just as we are sometimes opportunistic sinners :-(, we are also opportunistic 'aamils (doers of [good] deeds) :-)) - jazakallah khairun for giving me this opportunity to do a good deed. Yes, I would love to contribute towards this sponsorship. I await further instruction.

Wassalaam

shanu
01-08-2006, 06:05 PM
I dont have credit card dear bro :'(
But maybe wen i save enough money i can send u a money order, i am happy as long as it benefits dem

N may Allah Bless ur efforts

shanu
01-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Assalamu alaikum Dear Bros N sisters
I shall dedicate a poem i wrote not too long ago to boost your efforts in this kind deed. God bLESS those who are always willing to help ones which are helpless.

ORPHAN
Attachment 658
Cold winds make me shudder as I walk the long, cruel passage of life
No warm hands to hug me!
No sweet words to make me smile
Alone I was, shuddering through the winds of life
Who am i?
I’m nobody’s child!

Darkness swirling around me
Sadness all my life
No one to speak to
No one to listen to me
Who am i?
I am an unwanted shadow of life!

I look around my world
And I see warm cozy homes shimmering with lights
Lots of love lighting their life
A family to protect them
Here I am crying alone
Tears freezing up on ma face in this snowy night
Who am i?
I am an unloved creature

I look closely at the windows of their homes in this shadowy snowy night
A mother tucking her child in bed made my heart ache
My body has never felt a hug
Or never received a kiss
How my heart wished I had someone
Who am i?
I am god’s child

I walk further into the night
Looking up the lonely skies
Hugging my own self
Keeping my self warm
No one is there for me
No one will call me their own
Who am I?
I am a helpless orphan
Attachment 659

sonz
01-08-2006, 06:59 PM
salama

i really like this idea. do u know how much sawab u can get subhanalah!!!!

Brother_Mujahid
01-08-2006, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
[*] Paypal (Highly recommended):[/LIST]- You can send money via the famous paypal system. You don't need to have an account with them, as long as you have a major credit card/debit card, you can send instantly. To send money via paypal, go here:
http://www.islamicboard.com/donate.php[LIST]
it would be better not to go through paypal because of the 3% money handling charge they take.

Rabi'ya
01-09-2006, 01:26 PM

Alhamdulillah, we are now over a third of the way to collecting th full amount. InshAllah we can complete the full amount shortly and help our brother Omar Mohamed as quickly as possible

Rabi'ya:rose:

kadafi
01-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Alhumdillah sister Rabi'ya

Brother Mujahid wrote:
it would be better not to go through paypal because of the 3% money handling charge they take.

The surcharge will only become a problem for large sums (i.e. more than $1000). For small/medium sums, the surcharge is very small.

MetSudaisTwice
01-09-2006, 03:29 PM
salam
i read in the papers that PayPal is scamming people
wasalam

kadafi
01-09-2006, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
salam
i read in the papers that PayPal is scamming people
wasalam
:sl: bro.

You read it wrong. The issue was related to an individual from Nigeria forcing ebay sellers to mail their goods by producing a fake paypal and ebay mails.

bluff master
01-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Ummah Welfare trust they dont take a penny for admin charges

MetSudaisTwice
01-09-2006, 03:37 PM
salam
jazakallah for correcting bro
sorry for any inconvenices
wasalam

wafa islam
01-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Asalmu alaykum wa rahmato Allahi wa barakatoh...

Masha Allah what an excellent idea, but the thing is that some of are a little bit young

S_87
01-11-2006, 02:08 PM

JazakAllah khair brother Kadafi. this is a great idea! inshaAllah it be a successful one :)

MetSudaisTwice
01-11-2006, 02:09 PM
salam
i wish i could donate, but i don't have a credit card
wasalam

Shana524
01-11-2006, 02:13 PM
:salamext:
Can I send a money order? That’s the only way I can contribute, unless someone else comes with another idea (other than credit card). I really wanna help. Jazakallah Khayr for this opportunity.
:wasalamex

Sis786
01-12-2006, 09:12 AM
Assalaam Alykum

I need an address so i can send a cheque!

Jazakallah Khayran for this opp.

Wasalaam Noreen

bluff master
01-13-2006, 08:23 PM
finally the amount has been reached

long live and blessed life to the people who donated

may Allah accept

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.