/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to downlaod Qur'an into cell phone?

Shana524
01-08-2006, 10:08 AM
:salamext:
How’s everyone? I was wondering if anyone knew how to download the Qur’an into the cell phone? I think someone in this forum mentioned it be4 but I don’t remember which thread. I’m trying to start reading the Qur’an at school during my breaks (I’ve so much time to kill). Downloading the Qur’an into my cell would make things soooo much easier.
Jazakallah Khayr.
:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umu 'Isa
01-08-2006, 10:19 AM
im not 100% sure but you probably need a USB cable to download things from your computer to your phone

- Qatada -
01-08-2006, 10:44 AM

alhamdulillah. try checking this link out insha Allaah..

http://www.islamicboard.com/general-...s-muslims.html

if you need any help on how to send it to your phone, just ask insha Allaah. Like sis maryam said - you'll need a usb cable, or a bluetooth/infrared dongle.

Shana524
01-09-2006, 01:23 AM
jazakallah khayr bro and sis. if i have any question i'll get back to u guys.
:sister:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
akulion
01-09-2006, 01:35 AM
It also depends on which version of the mobile phone you are using

Depending on your mobile phone you may require either:

USB connector
OR
Infrared dongle
OR
Blue tooth device

Can you please establish which phone model and make you have?
Insha'Allah maybe I could help you out :)

Shana524
01-09-2006, 02:02 AM
Alhamdullilah bro. Jazakallah Khayr in advance....i've got a Nokia 3220 and motorola mpx 220 and 200.

akulion
01-09-2006, 03:54 AM
ops sorry bro i fell asleep lol - i will get back to u in a while insha'Allah :D

akulion
01-09-2006, 04:10 AM
ok bro I checked out your Nokia phone features the data connectivity is very limited with it:
Connectivity and Data Transfer
PC Suite for the Nokia 3220 phone
but it does support java apps..so the mobile Quran will run on it but uploading to the phone may be a lil tough..
If cable were provided with ur phone for data transfer then you can connect it to ur pc and do it that way...

Or else you will have to have someone send u the program via a MMS

however your second phone the motorolla 220 has blue tooth in it
Motorola MPx220
Bluetooth Yes
so it will be very simple to transfer to it...
Buy a blue tooth device for data communication (NOT a hands free!)

Connect that to ur pc after u install its software initiate a data link to ur phone and u should be ready to transfer all supported files insha'Allah :D

Shana524
01-10-2006, 08:03 AM
jazakallah khayr bro for your help. Eid Mubarak.

akulion
01-10-2006, 10:02 AM
walikum salam wr wb
wiyakum sis
sorry i was callin u bro before - i just noticed..

Eid Mubarak To you too :D

kashifdogar
01-11-2006, 09:22 PM
:sl:
thanks too much Sister for give some information.
Good Luck
God Bless you
:w:
Your Brother

hippopotty
01-12-2006, 11:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shana524
Alhamdullilah bro. Jazakallah Khayr in advance....i've got a Nokia 3220 and motorola mpx 220 and 200.
If you have a windows smartphone such that mpx's are, you can download it straight to your phone using your smarphone usb cable. I use one thats free from smartphone.net. Just browse through the software and you'll find the Holy Quran in there somewhere. Its really very good.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.