/* */

PDA

View Full Version : leicester alert

Andaraawus
01-08-2006, 03:09 PM
As-Salamu alaykum

I am seeking new accomadation in Leicester so right now i have been given a form to fill in but i dont know what Areas to choose , i need good areas for Muslims, not no BNP areas and such, i need your advice, ...i know there are good Muslims out there that can advice me in this, so please if you know any thing or any one that may help me in my search please dont heistate to reply ...please i am creation of Allah and Allah is not going to reveal a map of leicester to me with arrows pointing to the locations but He will put goodness in people who say 'Bismillah' and for the sake of Allah and help me in this.

i am lookign for places where the most mosques are and alot of community action ...shops easy to access and so forth ...

Wasalams

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
01-08-2006, 03:32 PM
wa alaikumusalaam bro

The following areas are good and have Masajid nearby and are also close to shopping areas.

Highfields
North Evington
Evington
Belgrave
St. Mathews

The following areas are to be avoided :brother:

North Fields
Wigston
South Wigston

If you need any more help, let me know InshaAllah

Andaraawus
01-08-2006, 03:39 PM
my apologies ...the thread was moved ..............phew my herat skipped a beat .................let me have 5 mins breather i feel like a red bull with steam out of my nose ..........thanks for the areas........wasalams

Andaraawus
01-08-2006, 03:43 PM
yes please ...can you inform me of more areas for Muslims ...wasalams

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muezzin
01-09-2006, 02:48 PM
:sl:

See if you can find some accomodation in Stoneygate. Not too many Muslims unfortunately, but on the plus side, it's a damn fine place to live. It's also expensive though.

Oh, and stay the HELL away from Saffron Lane.

aamirsaab
01-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Stoneygate is quite expensive (compared to anywhere else in leicester) and there are only two muslim families living there. Mine and my nan's :). But it's like 10 mins away from masjid Umar and like 6 away from Asda. cool huh?

Muezzin
01-09-2006, 03:33 PM

Don't go near the Saff (Saffron Lane) though. I'm warning ya.

Andaraawus
01-09-2006, 03:37 PM
how about highfields?

Muezzin
01-09-2006, 03:44 PM
Highfields has a high Muslim population. It also unfortunately has a high crime rate.

And just in case I've ticked off anyone from Saffron Lane or Highfields, I apologise for any offence - please don't brick my windows :p :)

But seriously, I guess parts of Saffron Lane are okay; just the majority of people I've seen from there are racist skinheads.

Genius
01-09-2006, 05:06 PM
Stay away from Braunstone aswell, Highfields is cool. :shade:

Andaraawus
01-10-2006, 01:09 AM
so it would be easy to get a council house in highfields?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.