/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Giving Dawah to non believing parents

Umm-Yasmin*
01-09-2006, 11:00 PM
As-Salaamu Alaikum,
Hi I'm a revert with very stubborn parents, I have tried to give them dawah but they always seem to turn things into a joke.
They are christians and very confused, I will explain, they have pictures of Mary and Jesus but when I talk about religion they insist that they don't believe in God!! it is very frustating and I get easily angered so I stop talking to prevent myself from screaming. The things that they say are very contradicting, they believe that their parents are in heaven but don't believe in God. They say that religion is man made to cause wars(but they wear a crucifix around their necks)
Can anyone help me as I have now come to a dead end but I really wish them paradise.
Jazak allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
01-09-2006, 11:15 PM
:wasalamex

Why not try to get some facts to support your ideas?

www.beconvinced.com

:salamext:

azim
01-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Salaam sis.

I'll make dua for your parents insha'Allah and I hope Allah accepts all our dua's and guides those we love to Islam.

Your parents remind me a few Christians I've met around college. They really have no firm belief and havent really put thought into their beliefs so it seems very haphazard (odd word to use I know but its the best I can find to describe it).

I think maybe instead of trying to get their perspective, just try to explain Islam the best you can. Mention it as often as you can and let them learn about it through you slowly. Try to do it in a very subtle, non-argumentitive way so they put down their defences.

I really hope Allah guides your parents and I shall do dua insha'Allah.

Salamu alaykum.

khadijah06
01-10-2006, 02:49 PM
Assalamu alaikum sis,

i know that its hard but keep trying with your parents. Keep making dua that allah will open up their eyes and guide them to the straight path inshallah. Like you i am a revert and basically my whole family are christians.My father hates islam with a passion and he says that it is from shaytan.At the moment i cant even talk to him about islam because he just wont listen, so all i do is make dua for him and the rest of my family.

May Allah guide them all to the straight path.

Masalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm-Yasmin*
01-10-2006, 09:40 PM
As-Salaamu Alaikum,
JazakAllah for your advice sis and bro, will continue to make dua for them and be more patient.
Wa Salaam

bluff master
01-10-2006, 09:57 PM
well u have to show the good side of ISLAM and u they might be attracted,well u know what until Allah dont give hidyat no can chage that person

Selising
01-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Be patient, it takes time to change them. A friend of mine, after reverting for 10 yrs only the parents saw the beautiful of Islam.

Do not confront them. Show you beautiful attitude, sabar, doa, take care of them more than b4. Show that you have changed to a better person when you are a muslim. InsyaAllah, most of us will pray taht someday they will love this way of life and will embrace this path

Emmy
01-11-2006, 03:41 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Hi I'm a revert with very stubborn parents, I have tried to give them dawah but they always seem to turn things into a joke.
I know how you feel, my parents are the same way. I gave them information and instead of trying to understand it, they just tried to find things wrong with it. I continue to make dua for them in hopes that they will see the truth. I realize that only Allah can lead them to it.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.