/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hello all

Curious girl2
01-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and i hope that you dont mind a non muslim joining. I decided to join because for a long time i have been interested in Islam and have wanted to learn more.

I am a Christian by birth and upbringing, in fact my father was a clergy man until his death 3 years ago. However from my teens I moved away gradually from the church, there was so much about the religious teachings and the Bible that I couldnt come to terms with. Just things that didnt seem right to me. I would question things that didnt make sense, yet my father was of the opinion that we shouldnt question, we should just beleive. Why is it that as Christians we seem to have changed the teachings to suit us? It makes no sense to me.

But I still beleive in God I guess so what is there out there? I really hope this makes sense, I am trying to put into words, things that have been running around my head for so long now.

I am married, my husband is best described as a lapsed Christian. We have 2 beautiful, challenging, disabled children, who we bring up in line with a basic Christian ethos, though nothing like my upbringing as a child. Basically I try to teach them right from wrong like any parent would but as my children both have learning disabilties, going into beleifs in depth is not really an option with them. They have enough to cope with trying to understand the world around them without me teaching them about Christianity when I dont properly understand it myself!

So here I am. *Something* brought me here. I am not sure what but I just cannot get Islam out of my mind.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Sarah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Tasneem
01-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Well welcome to the forum

God-Willing you will enjoy it here

May God guide you. AAmeen

Rabbiyah
01-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Welcome Sarah
Everyone on this site will be glad to help you with any Questions. Please don't be hesitate to ask questions. I'll be glad to answer any the best I can god willing.

hidaayah
01-11-2006, 02:00 AM
welcum here Sarah
hope you've a beneficial stay :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Shadow
01-11-2006, 04:00 AM
:)

welcome to the forum

hope u learn alot from here

:)

:welcome:

*charisma*
01-11-2006, 04:32 AM
Hello Sarrah,

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!

hope you enjoy your stay inshallah (god willing), I am very pleased that you are curious and interested in Islam :)

If you have any questions concerning the religion of Islam or even the comparision between Islam and Christianity plz dont hesitate to ask. We are all here to help eachother in guidance.

take care

regards

Sanobar
01-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Welcome to the forums! :):):):):):):):):)

- Qatada -
01-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Hey..

Welcome to the forums. Like the brothers and sisters have said above - insha Allaah (God willing) you'll have a beneficial time here. If you got any questions to ask about islam, christianity and even the similarities between them, you can ask any time - you can try checking the Comparative Religion section out to look into that.

You can also check an excellent site called:

www.beconvinced.com

I'm sorry to hear about your children, and even though this may seem really sad, its a fact that whenever one has stressful situations within their life, they are the ones who will most likely turn to God, so please count it as a blessing, there are alot of people out there who are experiencing the same thing you and your children are..

In islam, we believe that God tests the people whom He loves, this can be through any form, and even if your child is disabled - their blessed because God loves them, and turning to God will make life easier for them, as they'll depend more on God, instead of the worldly passions which don't last forever.

I wont say anymore, because this is just the introduction section - but if you have any questions and you want the answer/view through an islamic perspective, then you can ask in the Cyber Counselling Section.

We look forward to your posts, and we hope you have a long-lasting, beneficial stay here insha Allaah. (God willing.)

Thanks..

sapphire
01-11-2006, 01:56 PM
welcome sis to the forum!!!hope you have an enjoyable and benefitial stay!!!!!

May Allah guide you to the straight path inshallah(god willing)

May Allah grant us all jannatul firdos Inshallah.....

MetSudaisTwice
01-11-2006, 01:56 PM
salam
welcome to the forums
wasalam

ummhabibah
01-11-2006, 02:51 PM
salaam

welcome 2 da forum, have an enjoyable stay, marshallah everyone is extra helpfull.if u need any questions just ask. inshallah

wasalaam

MuslimaH~SistaH
01-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the forum!

sana1
01-11-2006, 04:13 PM
welcum to this fourm feel free to ask any question n its nice to c u intrststed in islam:happy:

Aisha20
01-11-2006, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!