/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Studying Medicine in Pakistan

Believer5
01-11-2006, 02:31 PM
:sl:

I may be moving to Pk for five years to study medicine plus it will give me a chance to learn Fiqh inshAllah

it's either going to be a medical school in lahore or in islamabad - not sure which to choose..

anybody have any advice for me...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M H Kahn
01-14-2006, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by saufia

I may be moving to Pk for five years to study medicine plus it will give me a chance to learn Fiqh inshAllah

it's either going to be a medical school in lahore or in islamabad - not sure which to choose..

anybody have any advice for me...

I pray to Allah that you shine in your career and be even more shining in learning the real truth about Allah. I have no such knowledge in Islam so that I may advise you confidently. But I would suggest that while Fiqh is what other people have thought out from their study of the Quran and Hadith, why shouldn't you learn Quran first? Then you may study Hadith and have your own opinion on various issues and only then you may study others' opinions to rectify yours, if necessary.

Believer5
01-14-2006, 09:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M H Kahn
I pray to Allah that you shine in your career and be even shiner in learning the real truth about Allah.
Ameen.... jazakAllah khair

hidaayah
01-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Ameen ..and i think both options are umm..ok... Lahore is a big ciy and islamabad is a comparatively dead one..but..then i think the education in islamabad would be better..so i dunno..
Assalam u Alaikum

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Believer5
01-14-2006, 10:17 AM
:w:

hmm i've never understood why islamabad is the capital and not karachi... do u know why?

format_quote Originally Posted by A sister
i think both options are umm..ok
hey why the hesistation? :hiding:

Believer5
01-14-2006, 10:22 AM
I wil have to be careful which madrassahs I attend because after the 7/7 bombings, the govt. is wary of people who study islam in foreign countries... :hiding:

format_quote Originally Posted by M H Kahn
I pray to Allah that you shine in your career and be even more shining in learning the real truth about Allah. I have no such knowledge in Islam so that I may advise you confidently. But I would suggest that while Fiqh is what other people have thought out from their study of the Quran and Hadith, why shouldn't you learn Quran first? Then you may study Hadith and have your own opinion on various issues and only then you may study others' opinions to rectify yours, if necessary.
:w:

jazakallah khair for the advice.. yes you are definitely correct.. i need to learn the basics before i learn fiqh... and inshAllah will do that...

hidaayah
01-14-2006, 10:31 AM
umm dint the govt here ban foreign students in madressahs..? :? but if you're coming for a medical uni then its ok..

islamabad is capital because karachi's a sea port and can be easily atacked on from the sea..and as u see we've got sooo many enemies..:)india,afghansitan,, russia..
hey why the hesistation?
becoz i'm not gud at giving advice..and neither confident..:embarrass :embarrass

Believer5
01-14-2006, 10:35 AM
:W:

islamabad is capital because karachi's a sea port and can be easily atacked on from the sea..and as u see we've got sooo many enemies..:)india,afghansitan,, russia..
interesting, thanks...

umm dint the govt here ban foreign students in madressahs..? :? but if you're coming for a medical uni then its ok..
oh that's harsh... why did they ban foreign students? :hiding:

hidaayah
01-14-2006, 10:42 AM
salaam
because of all the terrorist stuff..The president does all what MR.Bush wants him to do.. soo must have been one of his ideas of finishing the so called terrorismm..

Believer5
01-14-2006, 10:45 AM
salaam
because of all the terrorist stuff..The president does all what MR.Bush wants him to do.. soo must have been one of his ideas of finishing the so called terrorismm..
yeh that's why his nickname here is busharaff :giggling:

Believer5
01-14-2006, 10:46 AM
btw, what is HT like in pk?
also what are the other parties pressing for islamic law there?

hidaayah
01-14-2006, 10:50 AM
HT..sorry don't understand what u mean..
there are soooo many of them..the one's famous are jamaat e islami, tablighi jamaat..and on and on and on...

Believer5
01-14-2006, 10:57 AM
HT = hizb-ut-tahrir

there are soooo many of them..the one's famous are jamaat e islami, tablighi jamaat..and on and on and on...
:statisfie

hidaayah
01-14-2006, 10:58 AM
umm..heard the name but don't know much about it..:)

Believer5
01-14-2006, 11:01 AM
alright no problem... thanks for ur help

bye :thankyou:

hidaayah
01-14-2006, 11:03 AM
..ur welcum..
Assalam u Alaikum

salman128
01-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Aga khan university is pretty good

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.