/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tafkheem letters

Umm_Maysa
01-12-2006, 06:47 AM
:sl:

I have a question. Why when u read Quran , the fathah on the Tafkheem letters is sound like 'O' not 'A'. Is it because they are tafkheem letters or is there any other reasons. Also why when u speak it sound like 'A" not 'O'. for example..Khatim(ring) u didn't say Khotim..:heated: :?

Attention MOD: please delete the other post under same title...sorry..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Takumi
01-12-2006, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by maysa

I have a question. Why when u read Quran , the fathah on the Tafkheem letters is sound like 'O' not 'A'. Is it because they are tafkheem letters or is there any other reasons. Also why when u speak it sound like 'A" not 'O'. for example..Khatim(ring) u didn't say Khotim..:heated: :?

Attention MOD: please delete the other post under same title...sorry..
Because you don't make it tafkheem. You're supposed to.

I presume you speak Arabic, which has been disastrously diluted over the years.

In fact many Arabic speaking people can't even make out the meaning of:

(a) Ma ajmalus samaa(i)
(b) Ma ajmalas samaa(a)

let alone pronouncing the letters properly.

The science of tajweed came 300 years after the demise of the prophet to help everyone to read Al Quran properly.

Yes, even the Arabs. If they could just get rid of their slang and follow the slang of any of the authentic qiraat, life would be so much easier.

Umm_Maysa
01-12-2006, 09:11 PM
No I don't speak Arabic, still learning.. but I can read and write arabic(but less understanding) and I read with tajweed because I learn tajweed before arabic..:) ;D

Takumi
01-12-2006, 09:20 PM
then you know that all huruf of al isti'laa must be made tafkheem.

Even when you speak it, or say an Arabic word, you must try to follow this rule, to that your tajweed won't be messed up.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.