/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant

Emmy
01-13-2006, 05:20 AM
:sl:

I live in a large city but despite its population, there are very few halal restaurants. I recently found a new one and was excited about it until I found out that its (Muslim) owners started serving alcohol. They claim they cant make enough money in America not serving it. That pretty much turned me off. Even if I wanted to eat there, are there any rules against it? Would you eat there?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sapphire
01-13-2006, 05:29 AM
i wudnt as they are gaining income fron selling prohibited things......my opinion....

Selising
01-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Dear sis, in America you are facing problem in eating outside, in Malaysia so called a muslim country I'm also facing problem where to find chicken. I stay in Klang Valley where we don't slaughter chicken at home. we are not allowed to raise chicken. My husband was brought up here, he never do that. I came from rural area. My siblings know how to slaughter a chicken, not my hubby.

The problem here is, Economics is controlled by chinese. Big slaughter house own by chinese. When the Islamic Regulatory body came to visit the premis, they show they correct way of slaughtering. The workers are all muslim. When the Regulatory body left, they didn't wash the knife, they make the machine to do all the works instead of human, etc to cut cost.

So, I never buy chicken with brands at the supermarket. I'll go to wet market. the problem with wet market, the plasce is small. After slaughtering, they will put the chicken in a box. It takes only a few minutes to make the chicken die. came out from the box, the chicken was wet. What do you think? it died because of slaughtering or drowned? I've seen it with my own eyes.

Salema
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
oh noooo..here in Panama we have a muslim person who slaughter the chicken n then sell it..or if u want u too can go n slaughter it..!..soo here we dont have such type of problems..in fact its a kuffar country..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sapphire
01-13-2006, 06:02 PM
w/s maybe u want to make a new thread to inttroduce urself in the welcome section...welcome anyhow....

Umm Yoosuf
01-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Assalaamu Alaikum
Thats the case with alot of Muslim's these days :( Insha Allah maybe you should explain to them the danger of selling Alcohol.

Narrated Anas ibn Malik "Allah's Messenger cursed ten people in connection with wine:
the wine-presser,
the one who has it pressed,
the one who drinks it,
the one who conveys it,
the one to whom it is conveyed,
the one who serves it,
the one who sells it,
the one who benefits from the price paid for it,
the one who buys it,
and the one for whom it is bought."
Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah transmitted it.
[Al-Tirmidhi #2776]

More more info read

http://www.angelfire.com/mo2/scarves/alcohol.html

According to a hadeeth narrated by Jaabir, the Prophet (pecace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him not sit at a table where wine is being served.” (Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, al-Adab, 2725; classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Sunan al-Tirmidhi, 2246). The commentator on the hadeeth said: even if he does not drink with them, it is as if he is approving of their evil action.

More info read
http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=12499&dgn=4

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Question :

Is it permissible to eat at restaurants where alcohol is served?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

If it is possible to eat elsewhere then it is not permissible to eat at these places, because that involves cooperating with them in sin and transgression, which Allaah has forbidden. If it is not possible to eat elsewhere then it is permissible to eat there in cases of necessity, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and has not laid upon you in religion any hardship”

[al-Hajj 22:78]

“Allaah burdens not a person beyond his scope”

[al-Baqarah 2:286]

But he should not eat or drink anything except that which Allaah has permitted.

Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 22/296-297. (www.islam-qa.com)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.