/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ~Video~ Texans Reverting to Islam.

Ra`eesah
01-14-2006, 02:31 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Turning Muslim in Texas . People reverting to Islam in Texas.

The documentary explores the lives of several Texan families. Muslim and Non Muslim, and their views about Islam and life in the West.

George W Bush may be backed by Christian fundamentalists but in his home state of Texas, Islam is the latest big draw. The Bible belt is transferring its allegiance to the Quran because, for many erstwhile Christians, believe it or not, the church is too liberal.

Eric was a Baptist preacher before he became a Muslim 14 years ago. Now he prays five times a day and even in the middle of watching a football game. His wife, Karen, also a convert, is covered from head to toe in the traditional Muslim burka. Islam, says Eric, is everything I wanted Christianity to be. His mother has found it hard to come to terms with her sons conversion and believes he will return to the Christian faith: Then he will be a dynamic preacher. Eric says: "Maybe some day she will embrace Islam."

http://www.turntoislam.com/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Noor
01-14-2006, 02:58 AM
:sl:

AllahuAkbar!!! this was a very beautiful documentary.

JazakAllahkhair fe dunya wal ahkira sister for sharing it.

:w:

Concealed Pearl
01-14-2006, 03:31 AM
subhanallah! This documentary brought tears to my eyes...allah is soooooo merciful and kind to us by giving us the wealth of islam. But we don't realize how lucky we are and take it for granted. When you see reverts speaking, you begin to realize how illiterate we are and how we are lacking in practicing islam. I think we born muslims can LEARN from reverts. May allah give us all the ability to live our 24 hours lives according to ISLAM and not the kufaar way of life. May he allow us to follow each and every one of our beloved nabi's sunnats, and may he allow us to be kind hearted and welcoming towards reverts. aMEEN.

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-14-2006, 04:32 AM
I saw this before, its very nice mashaa'Allah. May Allah reward you for posting this here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
afriend2
01-14-2006, 05:07 PM
salaam,

subhanAllah, it was really good to watch! jazakAllah for sharing it with us.
inshAllah there will be many more reverts.

wassalam

DaSangarTalib
01-14-2006, 07:54 PM

Alhamdullah Good stuff.....they showed this documentary on T.V. aswell

sonz
01-15-2006, 09:11 AM
mashallah

what awesome documentary. they are steadfast in islam.

MuslimWays
01-15-2006, 11:03 AM
MashAllah thank you for posting that

Silver Bullet
01-15-2006, 09:27 PM

My freind sent me a email of this film http://www.Turntoislam.com Masha Allah.. A real Eeman Booster.

Masha Allah.

But masha Allah to Yvonne Ridley.. And the other reverts on he film.

Protected_Diamond
01-17-2006, 12:10 PM

cool video alhamdulilah! :)

Hajar
01-17-2006, 04:20 PM
assalamu alaykum,

yeah the video is very good!!! :)

Wassalaam

MetSudaisTwice
01-17-2006, 04:21 PM
salam
mashallah great news
jazakallah for posting the video
wasalam

DaSangarTalib
01-17-2006, 11:26 PM

wanna share this wit yall...

>>> http://www.turntoislam.com/uk.html :thumbs_up :thumbs_up

Imam786
01-18-2006, 01:40 AM
interesting..........

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-18-2006, 05:57 PM
is it only me or is anyone else having trouble viewing the second video?? Is there a downlaodable version avaiable rather then the stream?

DaSangarTalib
01-18-2006, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
is it only me or is anyone else having trouble viewing the second video?? Is there a downlaodable version avaiable rather then the stream?
Brotha its working perfectly...i dont know what seems to be the problem? ive jus checked and it works for me

sonz
01-18-2006, 06:32 PM
ive watched the second film and its good mashallah

:thumbs_up

edil
01-18-2006, 10:57 PM
masha'allah that was very nice and thanks for sharing it with us hope you share more of those kind of documentaries.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
01-19-2006, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
ive watched the second film and its good mashallah

:thumbs_up
The first one works fine for me the second one plays and then stop, even though it has buffered and there is a third one added. You should check the third one out 'Unreported killings in kashmir'.

edil
01-20-2006, 12:34 AM
Masha'Allah thats very nice but is it just me or is this documentary keep stoping and you have to waite minutes then it becomes better again.

Sharifa
01-26-2006, 01:59 PM
:sl: , Brother and sisters
This Video Is called "Turing Muslim In Texas"
A sister gave me this AMAZING video, I'm not going to give anything away, just watch it inshaAllah.

http://fyad.org/abz3

It was Aired on channel 4 in texsas
Takbir Allahu Akbar thier Eman is so high, May allah grant all of us Janah and show us the right path.

May Allah make us among the righteous and may He guide us to siratalmustakeen! AMeen

DaSangarTalib
01-26-2006, 02:01 PM
kool vid :)

Hisbul_Aziz
01-26-2006, 08:27 PM
Thats awsome
Is the girl with the niqaab walking the street suppose to be symbolic?
3 thumbs up
If i had a 3rd thumb that is:okay:

hasib
01-28-2006, 03:15 AM

pretty cool vid..

Ra`eesah
01-28-2006, 05:15 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Threads merged

Pure Imaan
01-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Asalamualaikum
i think ur rite sista concealed pearl that we cn learn from reverts...the reson why reverts are so dedicated to Islam and so deep in their islamic faith is becuase they can identify and see the differences of their life with and without Islam...Inshallah ALLAH (swt) will guide us all and protect us from the whispers of the cursed shaytan...ameen

Tanzil Ahmed
01-29-2006, 11:38 AM
Allah Hu Akbar

z5a0b4
01-30-2006, 05:26 AM
Thank you for the video, i really enjoyed seeing it:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.