01-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Not a man of many words, unless needed, so,

Hi.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend2
01-15-2006, 12:11 PM
Salaam brother,

[BANANA]Welcome to the LI forum[/BANANA]

hope your stay is beneficial, and the words that you do say will inshAllah be useful. lol

wassalam

Umar001
01-15-2006, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nazia
Salaam brother,

[BANANA]Welcome to the LI forum[/BANANA]

hope your stay is beneficial, and the words that you do say will inshAllah be useful. lol

wassalam

aight thank you very much, I have some points to make lol,

the icon on the side with the face next to the statement of me being a brother has a beard, insh'allah I will have one soon, may Allah bring a beard forth if it is His will.

also, I am not sure if I a supposed to put my background in here, but I will put a summary of it.

Background:

I have been brought up in a Christian family, which consist of (now) my mother and brother and me. I believe it to be in 2004 in which I took my Confirmation of Faith in the name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit, from then forth, I as usual took life as it came and had never had much discipline, it was from that summer in 2004 where I took my first steps out of the church which would ultimetly lead me to La Ilaha Ill Allah, but I was very unware of the road.

I remember at the ages of 15 and 16 being a Christian in school, and having had Muslim friends, I remember mocking the postration and the cry of Allahu Akbar, whenever we played football (from London so I mean soccer to yall Americans) and we scored me and a fellow Christian brother would scream Allahu Akbar and postrate, although we thought it was Allah Wackbar. The problem was that my brother Yasin, who was and Alhamdulilah is muslim, didnt have enough knowledge or experience in da'wa, hence he would tell me 'the bible is curropted' and I would tell him, 'I rather belive the many authors of the bible rather than just one man Mohamed', I was able to keep him quiet, with my incorrect knowldge.

Well back to the summer of 2004, I had that year enrolled at college at the age of 16 I believe, through my behaviour and lack of sense I was taken out of college due to complications and from there things hapend, a book was given to me, through which I analysed my position in Christianity, from there I started to preach to my fellow brother and sisters, from there I went on till the next September in which I enrolled at the same college, I took my position in a college Christian union in which we discussed various topics and in which it's leaders which were to leave that year were then lookin for a leader, my aparent attention and seriousness caught their eye, and consequently, they had 'visions' and 'revelation' and 'G-d spoke to them' or so and pointed them to a leader, which they indirectly made obvious as being me, little did they or I know that in that December I would across a lecture set up by some Muslim in our college, the Speaker failed to turn up, noone the less a Muslim brother took the stand and just spoke a little on islam and answered questions, I was quickly in there speaking on behalf of Christianity, with claims, yet this Muslim boy, refuted me, from the bible itself, which made me very interested, I picked up books and read, for the first time in my life I also took time out to read a book, I selected Ghandi's Writing, of his life, which hardly interested me, after that I read the autobiography of brother Malcolm X, which in some way I could relate to, and the most facinating and interesting thing was his change in belief after the pilgramige, which added to my interesting in researching Islam.

From there, December 2004, disputes, debates, arguements, endless praying, battling with evil wisperings, which on a whole took a rough 6 months, lead me to wanting to take the shahada, in June/July. Funly enough thanks to lectures such as What is the purpose of life by Sheik Khalid Yaseen, allowed me to already know the shahada, which amused some brothers to see a Christian going around screaming, Ashadu...... that was how much I loved the sound of arabic.

Now slowly but steadily everything is becoming clearer, I read a hadeeth in Bukhari, if I am not mistaken said something abouit Loving Mohamed peace be upon him, more than our families and so on, as a Christian I found this very difficult, but slowly, and surely as I listen more and more to lectures read more on his, peace be upon him, life I am slowly understanding how easy such a thing is.

By the way the name Isa Abdullah, has come from the journey explained above, through which I understood that Isa peace be upon him is but a slave of Allah, yes a messenger and prophet, but noone the less a slave, peace be upon him.

Two points that may be beneficial:

1. The need for da'wa knowldge, as I explained above, I had a Muslim friend named Yaseen all throught this journey, yet my dear brother was not, knowledgeable nor experienced enough to give me sufficient da'wa. I urge all brothers and sister to be knowledgeable in this area, because if I had passed away before college, I would have died a non believer.

2. The love for our prophet, peace be upon him, I want to state this point most likely not for people who will read this but for their sons and daughters and cousins and friends, I see alot of muslims who do not read anything islamic and do not know much about our prophet peace be upon him, yet this is the man whom we must love before our mother and father and son and daughter and wife and husband, I found in my experience that it was through knowldge of his, peace be upon him's, life that my love for him grew, so I ask how can people who know nothing about him love him. Let us all read more and more that we may love him, peace be upon him, more and more.

Peace be upon yall.

P.s sorry for any mistakes which are mine alone and Alhamdulilah for any good derives from this.

- Qatada -
01-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Let the one who believes in Allah and the Hereafter utter good words, or let him be silent. (sahih bukhari)

One can greatly beautify himself with two habits--good manners and lengthy silence.

we look forward to your..... silence bro :p lol. just mesin, insha Allaah you'll benefit alot from here. :)

By the way - i really loved your revert story masha Allaah.. one thing that makes it alot easier for us to love our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him is because; unlike Isa (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) - is that we know nearly every single aspect and situation in the life of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) unlike Isa (alayhi Salam) whom we only know a few facts about through some ahadith and ayah in the qur'an.

We can also relate alot of things to our beloved Prophet Muhammad (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) in nearly every single matter of our life, and we can relate to the sunnah/imitate our beloved Prophet (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) unlike the other prophets, whom we only have limited knowledge of.

If you got any questions to ask about islam - then please do ask insha Allaah (God willing). we look forward to your posts :)

wa Salaam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sanobar
01-15-2006, 01:46 PM
salam!

mashAllah bro that was a very nice revert story.... :):) inshaAllah u'll enjoy in here!
ma'salamah

sapphire
01-15-2006, 01:59 PM
welcome to the forum!!hope you have an enjoyable and benefitial stay!!!!long post on your background!!

habib
01-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Assalamualaikum

Welcome to the Forum ..

Shadow
01-15-2006, 02:27 PM
:sl: bro :)

welcome to the forum

u might also post a detailed version of your story if u dont mind

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ours-here.html

on that link i just gave

:welcome:

Umar001
01-15-2006, 02:27 PM
well thank you, I am very talkative, but both christianity and islam taught me and the latter is teaching me to talk less.

so I hope only to talk beneficially.

peace be upon yall

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.