/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Backbiting

- Qatada -
08-30-2005, 07:14 PM

:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

all praise is due to Allah (swt) and his beloved prophet (salallahu alahi hi wasalam) and the prophet (salallahu alai hi wasalam)'s family and all who follow them.

1 - It is reported from al-Hasan al-Basri (may Allah have mercy on him) that a man said to him: "You have gossiped about me. He (al-Hasan) said: "You have not reached such a position that you can control my Hasanat!"
[Translator's Note: The Islamic teaching is that the Hasanat (rewards) of the one who gossips will be awarded to the victim.]

2 - Someone was told: "So-and-so has gossiped about you" - so he sent him a dish of dates, with the message: "I heard that you had given me your Hasanat as a gift, and I want to return the favour; please excuse me for not being able to pay back in full."

3 - It was reported from Ibn Mubarak (may Allah have mercy on him) that he said: "If I were to gossip about anyone, I would gossip about my parents, for they have more right to my Hasanat."

4 - Ghibah is the hospitality of the wrongdoer.

5 - From Amr ibn al-As (radhiallahu `anhu); He passed by a dead mule, and said to some of his companions :"It would be better for a man to eat his fill from the meat of this than from the flesh of his fellow-Muslims." [Sahih al-Targhib at-Tarhib]

6 - A man mentioned something bad about another to his friend. His friend said to him: "Do you go out and fight against the Romans?" He said, "No." His friend asked: "Do you go out and fight against the Turks?" He said, "No." The friend said: "The Romans are safe from you, and the Turks are safe from you, but your Muslim brothers are not safe from you!"

7 - If you are unable to do three things, then you must do three (other) things: if you cannot do good, then stop doing evil; if you cannot benefit people, then do not harm them; if you cannot fast, then do not eat the flesh of the people.

8 - The poet said:

"If a man is wise and fears Allah,
This will keep him too busy to concern himself with the faults of others,
Just as the weak and sick person is concerned with his own pain
To think of the pain of others."

Gossip and Its Adverse Effects on the Muslim Community
Shaykh Husayn al-Awaaishah

wasalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummah
08-30-2005, 07:22 PM
3 - It was reported from Ibn Mubarak (may Allah have mercy on him) that he said: "If I were to gossip about anyone, I would gossip about my parents, for they have more right to my Hasanat."
:D

Asalaamualaikum

SalafiFemaleJih
08-30-2005, 07:26 PM
jazakAllah kher for the beneficial post akhi. May Allah swt reward you with Jannah Ameen.

Believers, keep away from excessive suspicion. Do not spy, nor backbite one another. Would any one of you like to eat the flesh of a dead brother? You certainly abhor that so abhor the other! Remain conscious of Allah, for Allah verily is the Most Relenting and Merciful.

waslamaualaikum wrwb : )

- Qatada -
08-30-2005, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SalafiFemaleJih
jazakAllah kher for the beneficial post akhi. May Allah swt reward you with Jannah Ameen.

Believers, keep away from excessive suspicion. Do not spy, nor backbite one another. Would any one of you like to eat the flesh of a dead brother? You certainly abhor that so abhor the other! Remain conscious of Allah, for Allah verily is the Most Relenting and Merciful.

waslamaualaikum wrwb : )
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

all praise is due to Allah (swt) and his beloved prophet (salallahu alahi hi wasalam) and the prophet (salallahu alai hi wasalam)'s family and all who follow them.

ameen to your dua' ukhti, may Allah (swt) grant all the muslim ummah jannah ul fardaus. ameen!

mash Allah nice explanation ukhti.. may Allah (swt) keep us aware of our faith and keep us on the right path for eternity ameen!

wasalam o alikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Beblessed
08-30-2005, 08:36 PM
I know backbiting your eating the flesh of your own brother but people still backbiting I hope Allah will forgive them insha'Allah .. Amiin .. :sister:

BlissfullyJaded
08-31-2005, 01:45 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Aqib
2 - Someone was told: "So-and-so has gossiped about you" - so he sent him a dish of dates, with the message: "I heard that you had given me your Hasanat as a gift, and I want to return the favour; please excuse me for not being able to pay back in full."
:D

Jazakallah khair for the excellent reminder brother. :thumbs_up

A7med
08-31-2005, 10:11 AM
JAZAKALLAH KHAIR FOR THE REMINDER BRO!! :thumbs_up

Halima
08-31-2005, 04:07 PM
Salaam,

Might I just add the person who you speak ill of -Allah (swt) will not forgive you until that very person does. Bringing the "right" justice per say.

Wasalaam.

SalafiFemaleJih
08-31-2005, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija
I know backbiting your eating the flesh of your own brother but people still backbiting I hope Allah will forgive them insha'Allah .. Amiin .. :sister:
Asalamualaikum wr wb,

good point sista.

I know lot of us know that backbiting is forbidden in Islam N sometimes we end up backbitting about people astagfriullah. Its usually amongs sisters cuz maybe we got nothing better to do? all we gotta do is Fear Allah man...cuz sometimes we are wid people who likes talking ill of others....its upto us to keep good company.

I noticed something by mistake if I backbite about somebody then I feel really bad inside my heart...my heart really cries for help...I ask Allah swt to forgive me and then I go to that person and ask for forgiveness...believe me ITS hard to go and ask someone to forgive you and tell them that you backbited about em in front of someone else. Thats what I do man...just to punish myself...Cuz I know its my mistake and I should repent for it : )

well all we can do is try our best not to get into things like backbitting...cuz Allah swt dislikes it.

May Allah swt forgive us and guide us to the right path...the path of pious Ameen.
May we unite again in Jannah ameen.
wasalamualaikum wr wb : )

slaveofAllah_88
08-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Mansha'Allah bravo sista! such an important topic! and it's all true :thumbs_up :thumbs_up :D

M H Kahn
01-15-2006, 01:50 PM

Backbiting refers to negative discussion about any one in his/her absence and with regard to a backbiter, Prophet (peace be upon him) has said: “A man might speak a word without thinking about its implications, but because of it, he will plunge into the Hellfire further than the distance between the east and west.”
[Sahîh al-Bukhârî (6477) and Sahîh Muslim (2988)]
:hiding:

M H Kahn
01-15-2006, 01:50 PM

Backbiting refers to negative discussion about any one in his/her absence
and with regard to backbiters, Allah says: “O you who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a crime. And spy not, neither backbite
one another. Would one of you love to eat the flesh of his dead brother?
You would abhor that. And keep your duty (to Allah). Lo! Allah is Relenting, Merciful.” [Sûrah al-Hujurât: 12]

Prophet (peace be upon him) has elaborated: “A man might speak a word without thinking about its implications, but because of it, he will plunge
into the Hellfire further than the distance between the east and west.”
[Sahîh al-Bukhârî (6477) and Sahîh Muslim (2988)]

:hiding:

zuharah
01-15-2006, 02:03 PM
salaams.
the Prophet SAW has said that backbiting about a person is like eatin the flesh of ur dead brother.
may allah save us all.AMEEN.

zuharah
01-15-2006, 02:43 PM
sorry...
JAZAKALLAH bro 4 correctin me.

Far7an
01-15-2006, 08:11 PM

Threads merged.

Umm Yoosuf
01-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Ok we all know about the backbitting of our muslim brothers and sisters -How about the non-Muslims? Talking about how they look like such as one might say "oh such and such has big hands" that is not right beacuse they are the creation of Allah so one should leave it at that. What if one was to talk about their class mate for an example and was to say "such and such did this and that". What about this? Is this considered as bacbitting? Right now i am surrounded by a lot of Muslims whom backbite Kufrs.

Anyone know anything about this?

Muezzin
01-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I don't think you're allowed to do that either.

I have no evidence for this, I'm not a scholar, this is not a fatwa, please don't jump on me and tear out my throat to decorate your front door with. :)

Umm Yoosuf
01-16-2006, 06:27 PM
loq :) Not a problem brother i know that :) And most of all i know that no one is a scholar here but someone might have come across an article etc maybe they can post it here :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.