/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where is Jesus (pbuh) grave ?

myInspiration
01-16-2006, 03:41 PM
Salam :brother: & :sister: and Peace to the christians

I wud like someone wif good knowledge in christianity (and to the christian who join this forum) to answer this very simple. If by taking the christian point of view, Jesus (pbuh) died. My Q is ... where is his grave ? Where was he buried ?

Sorry ... the Q might make me look so stupid but I admit I dont really know that religion very well. I'm happy and alhamdulillah to be a muslim :brother: :statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mansio
01-16-2006, 04:30 PM
You just have to google "christianity" or "jesus" to have the answers.
Tradition says his tomb is in the Holy Sepulchre church in Jerusalem.

jalo
01-16-2006, 07:11 PM
The Christian belief is that after Jesus died his body was placed in a tomb, two days later when the tomb was visited it was empty. An angel told the women who had visited the tomb that Jesus had risen from the dead, as had been foretold. According to christian belief Jesus rose from the dead as was taken up to heaven therefore there is no grave.

mansio
01-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Jalo

You say Jesus was put in a tomb until he resurrected (according to Christians) and there is no grave. As tomb and grave are synonymous I don't follow you.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
jalo
01-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Mansio,
The point I was trying to make is that, in my opinion, when you talk about a grave it is somewhere that a body is buried. As according to Christian belief Jesus was resurrected there is no earthly body, therefore no grave.

azim
01-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Peace - to the Christians.

So Jesus died, spent two days in his tomb, then was resurrected, then raised whole into heaven - body included?

mansio
01-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Jalo

I thought about the same explanation you gave. A grave has the body in it.

As English is not my mother language, I checked in the Concise Oxford before posting to you.
A grave is an "excavation to receive a corpse or the mound or monument over it".
A tomb is a "hole in earth or rock to receive a dead body, a sepulchral monument, a grave".

mansio
01-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Salema

I hope you do not equate being a Muslim with not understanding this little discussion.

Nawid
01-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Some people believe Jesus' tomb is in the Rozabal shrine in Kashmir.

http://www.tombofjesus.com/home.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.