/* */

PDA

View Full Version : to wear the hijab or not to wear the hijab

faizacadday
01-17-2006, 04:07 AM
when i first college i wore the hijab the long one but am thinking, maybe i should wear a scarf this semster... well it's not peer presure or anything is just that am lost right now..... i love being a muslim girl and i know that i shouldn't be enjoying life that we should act as treavlers and all that.... i know all this but how am i suppose to be me if i feel confused about every decision i have to make.... also what do u guys think about talking to the opposite sex is that sinful....see am talking to this guy and he send me his picture should i sent him mine.... he is soooooooo sweet and he usually dont talk about sinful things..... am trying to stop the conversation if they lead to any sexual things .... is it okey if i meet the opposite sex if sinfull thing dont occure....

leave ur comments and let them be good ones .thank u :statisfie

dont mind me i forgot to proof read it

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
abdulhaqqibnluv
01-17-2006, 04:19 AM
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim
As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.
Unfortunately dear sister the problem you face is becoming quite a common one in todays western society. Even though we may not experience direct peer pressure often what we feel is societal pressure to do things which compromises or contradicts our Islam. You bring up two very important issues; first removing your hijab, or khimar as some might call it, and talking to and sitting with men. Undoubtedly both of these situations are not permissible. Allah says, "And (tell the believing women) not to display their zeenah (adornment) except that which is apparent from it." This verse makes the obligation of covering clear. And wearing a scarf will not fulfill this command. The issue of mixing with men is even more grave as it leads to zeenah. "A man and a woman are never together except that the third person is the shaytan." We should all do our best to fear Allah to the best of our abilities and stay away from those matters that may lead us to sin especially those things which are apparent. I might also suggest you look at those people who you are surrounding yourself with. Try to find religious sisters that you can have fun with and that will constantly remind you of Allah. May Allah grant you sucess in your affair and protect us all from those major sins Ameen.

Ummu Amatullah
01-17-2006, 05:42 AM
when i first college i wore the hijab the long one but am thinking, maybe i should wear a scarf this semster... well it's not peer presure or anything is just that am lost right now..... i love being a muslim girl and i know that i shouldn't be enjoying life that we should act as treavlers and all that.... i know all this but how am i suppose to be me if i feel confused about every decision i have to make....
Asallama Alaikum Sis America it's very common peer pressure directly or indirectly still has an affect on you one way or another.You may start looking into society and desire the life style you see around you.You see all these women uncovered openly associating with men and you feel left out or alone.So you slowly start to dislike the jilbab or Islam and you wish to fit in with society.That my sister is the stage of peer pressure which you are in right now.Your Jilbab(your garment of protection) is a rahma and a blessing from Allah S.W.T to you.Don't let the Shaytaan deceive you and make it ugly or burdening on you.The Shaytaan is very clever;first he will tell you to drop the long Jilbab and shorten it,then he will tell you to shorten the shortened jilbab,then what's left over but for you to discard the Jilbab?So the Shaytaan doesn't immediatly come to you and say,"Oh,the Jilbab is such a burden on college life and you need relaxation so just drop it."No,he comes to you step by step,move by move.Sister if you know what you're doing is bad and against Islam then why are you doing it in the first place?Yes,I'll agree with you sometimes it feels depressing and you feel like just giving in and totally careless of anything,but that still doesn't justify the action.If calamity or hardship befalls us we shouldn't despair and give into Shaytaan.In this cruel Western World it's very hard to always be Islamic,especially in Society,but always remember you are Islam,you represent Islam,Islam is inscribed in your blood it runs through you like how your blood runs through your veins.So when you disobey Allah and turn away from Islam even for only that little minute just know you turned away from your life,your lord,your self,and everything you represent.Which one would you rather choose to enjoy yourself for a minute which has absolutely no effect on you,but a negative one or to keep your Islam and maintain it to the position which it deserves?

faizacadday
01-17-2006, 06:07 AM
:sl: shukri thank u my muslim sister. i respect and love what u have to say, life is hard but one thing i know is that i dont want Allah to give up on me, i decided to wear my hijab even with if the calfornia wheather is hot, cuz i know that hell is alot worse....to tell u the truth i dont think i would have worn the scarf... am not into people looking at me even if it is hand.loool i rather be in jannah fardowsa so am going to deal with the stares of nonbelievers:happy: ..... thanks shukri and abdulhaqqibnluv for ur comment.... may allah bless ur salats.....and may there be more happyness in both of ur lives
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Mischa~
01-17-2006, 11:09 AM
this is kinda off topic.. but i personally think the headscarf by itself is pointless.. as it doesnt prevent the opposite sex from lookin.. like i wear a hijaab to school but i still get approached by losers.. its so annoying.. i think the only way to ward off guys and pervy looks is by wearing the niqaab.. which i'm so totally gonna wear after i leave school, inshallah.

lϋх ετ νέrιταs
01-17-2006, 11:21 AM
i think it depends vastly on the type of headscarf and how it is worn...for example there is very little point in wearing a headscarf that looks more like a bandana and reveals the neck/chest ect

- Qatada -
01-17-2006, 11:41 AM
:salamext:

Sis, i think its important for you to understand the reasons why its not permissible for all this stuff to happen, instead of just feeling like you're forced to follow islam. everything that Allaah Almighty prescribes for the people is for their own good, we dont know the full depth/wisdom inside of it, but maybe you'd like to see some of the reasons behind it, but Allaah Almighty knows best.

masha Allaah its really good that you're interested in islam.. this is a really strong sign that Allaah the Most Beneficial loves you, and wants you to be successful in this life, and the afterlife - so you can enter jannah insha Allaah (God willing.)

-----

Loves a really strange thing, and it cant even be explained - its a feeling that involves; joy, sadness, anger, weakness, strength.. the list goes on and on.

How can one word really describe all them emotions?

'Okay' you say to yourself.. i dno how to explain love, but you have to ask yourself; am i really prepared for it? You tell yourself its hit you - but even if it has - are you really prepared to live with it?

Most people, before experiencing it hear/read/see that love is just like a fairy tale, and that once you've fallen into it - you live 'happily ever after.'

But once it hits a person - its shocking because its already affected the person before they've realised it.. Its like a drug; you dont know its consequences because you've never experimented with it before, but once you take it - you want more and more.. when gradually - you cant survive without it. You'll do anything to get it back, even though you know it will keep hurting you.

This usually happens when its a love outside marriage, a haraam love - and it has the effects of a illegal drug/a haraam drug.

-------

This is why islam totally prohibits love outside of marriage, and having sex outside of marriage is a major sin, and whoever does that without repenting in this life will get double the punishment on the day of judgement.

Those who invoke not, with God, any other god, nor slay such life as God has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment.

(But) the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him, and he will dwell therein in shame,-

Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for God will change the evil of such persons into good, and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to God with an (acceptable) conversion;-

[25:68 - 71]

This is how serious fornication (sex outside of marriage) in islam is, its strictly prohibited and totally haraam, in the qur'an, Allaah Almighty says:

And go not nigh to fornication; surely it is an indecency and an evil way. (17:32)

Allaah Almighty says that dont even go near adultery, nevermind even doing it, thats how much it is hated in islam.

Theirs alot of reasons why its not allowed in islam, one of the reasons is
because it destroys families, without certainty whos child it may be, it even creates worser crimes such as rape, which can lead to diseases like aids, HIV, etc.

you can read more about that from this link insha Allaah:
http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503548032

to help on that situation; Allaah the Most Merciful says:

"Say to the believing men that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty, that will make for greater purity for them...Say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty...O you believers! Turn you all together towards Allah that you may attain success" (24:30,31)

more info to help on that insha Allaah:
http://www.jannah.org/articles/gazelow.html

Its also really important to hang out with the right crowd - because they influence you on what you do, and what you dont do, so try to make really good, muslimah friends insha Allaah.

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) really emphasised on how your friends affect what kind of person you are:

“The example of a good companion and a bad one is the bearer of musk and the worker on the bellows. A bearer of musk would give you some, you might buy some from him, or you might enjoy the fragrance of his musk. The worker on the bellows, on the other hand, might spoil your clothes with sparks from his bellows, or you get a bad smell from him.”
(Reported by Al-Bukhari and Muslim, this version being Muslim’s)you can read the explanation of the above hadith from the following link insha Allaah:

http://www.islamonline.net/English/H...05/03/01.shtml

so to simplify the hadith (saying of our beloved Prophet sal Allaahu alayhi
waSalam) up; is to say that the people a person hangs out with; affects that person.

the example used is of a musk seller and a furnace blower. so by being with the musk seller, he may give you some musk so you may smell nice and people will like you for that.

whereas if you be with the furnace blower - he may even burn your clothes or you may get a bad smell from him. so you may get hurt while hanging out with the wrong crowd and you may get a bad reputation due to the acts of the bad people you hang around with.

Once you start making more muslimah (female muslims) your friends - you'll realise they'll have a better influence to you insha Allaah, because they will have the same aim as you - to become a better muslim, and will try to commit as less sins insha Allaah.

Even if you cant make alot of mates, maybe because of where you live - its important you stay in a more islamic environment, so maybe even the forum could be that environment insha Allaah. (God willing.)

If you start focusing more on wanting to become a really good muslimah - Allaah the Most Merciful will know your intention - that you do want to do good, and practice islam in your life (because islam is a way of life) and Allaah the Most Beneficial will help you through that insha Allaah.

You probably still feel really guilty because of what has happened in the past, but its really important to remember that Allaah the Most Merciful's forgiveness is so great, greater than you can imagine..

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) narrated that Allaah the Most Merciful said:

O son (or daughter) of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son (or daughter) of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son (or daughter) of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

(Hadith Qudsi - 34)

Now do you see how Merciful our Lord is? you have to remember that as long as you are living, you still have time to ask for forgiveness and to repent, but you also have to keep in mind that you dont know how long your going to live - so make sure you do repent fast and make it sincere so you dont try to commit that sin no more.

After you've asked for this forgiveness sincerely.. our Most Merciful Lord tells us:

...Allaah will change the evil of such persons into good, and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. (25:70)

Now how lucky is that! :eek:

Like you've read, any sort of relationship with the opposite gender who is not a mahram is haraam.

You can check these links to find out the reasons behind it.

Talking with members of the opposite sex

Having a Girlfriend/boyfriend: Permissible?

And read how islam encourages love within marriage, and how you get rewarded for having a relationship with your marriage partner, instead of sinning by doing it outside of marriage:

Please read how:

Islam Encourages Love and Equality within Marriage.
http://www.islamicboard.com/83896-post73.html

..and Allaah is the Source of All Strength.

:wasalamex

~Mischa~
01-17-2006, 11:47 AM
yer i know the purpose of the hijaab.. and i wear it the way its suppose to be worn..

~Mischa~
01-17-2006, 11:49 AM
i was replying to lϋх ετ νέrιταs post ther ^^

uzzi
01-17-2006, 01:05 PM
:sl:
one should be proud to be a musli girl.wearing hijaab is the onen only trait that a muslim girl or women possess.so i think u shud continue wearing hijaab n never be ashamed of it.
loving a person should be pure n shud not involve sinful things then it does no wrong to us.but make sure u dont go astray from the path of islam
hope u like my suggestion,i wud love to recieve a feedback from you

uzzi
01-17-2006, 01:10 PM
::sister:
format_quote Originally Posted by uzzi
one should be proud to be a muslim girl.wearing hijaab is the onen only trait that a muslim girl or women possess.so i think u shud continue wearing hijaab n never be ashamed of it.
loving a person should be pure n shud not involve sinful things then it does no wrong to us.but make sure u dont go astray from the path of islam
hope u like my suggestion,i would love to recieve a feedback from you.in future hoping that ull clear my doubts too.remember in duas allahhafiz

Musaafirah
01-17-2006, 01:16 PM
:sl: ..i wear a jilbaab and to uni..but dont wear a niqaab coz of the fact that the uni works on the basis of ID cards..:? and i feel by wearin a niqaab..i'll be insulting it seeing as i'm studying in a mixed environment..and during the examz they require ur ID card be put on the table...
does any sister here wear a niqaab to school/college/uni?
sorry 4 goin off topic

MetSudaisTwice
01-17-2006, 01:19 PM
salam
Qqouted by Sheikh Shuraim, Imam of Haram Of Makkah

Also, know my Muslim sister that to conceal your face and allow your eyebrows, cheekbone, and bridge of the nose to remain uncovered is clear error. Some women use this as a ploy to cover up their inadequate features. They will uncover what they like and cover what they dislike. If our woman folk exit their homes having beautified themselves, uncovering more that what they cover, perfumed, while using their eyes and movement to attract the attention of men, they are indeed calling to deviance and disorder.

Quoted by Sheikh Sudais, Imam of Haram Of Makkah

By Allah you will be praised, you will please your household and make your home happy, you will perfect your hijab, you will perfect your chastity, relieve others and you will make yourself happy and comfortable.
How many young women get trapped and how much tragedy happens when the hijab is destroyed and the jilbab (outer garment) is taken off and the `wolves` (wicked men) devour the women? Such is as a result of sufoor and mingling with men in jobs, schools, and market places.

wasalam

~Mischa~
01-17-2006, 01:31 PM
i still think the hijaab is not enough.. it doesnt make a girl less attractive.. guys look passed it.. therefore i think the niqaab should be complusory.

TabTabiun
01-17-2006, 11:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Mischa~
this is kinda off topic.. but i personally think the headscarf by itself is pointless.. as it doesnt prevent the opposite sex from lookin.. like i wear a hijaab to school but i still get approached by losers.. its so annoying.. i think the only way to ward off guys and pervy looks is by wearing the niqaab.. which i'm so totally gonna wear after i leave school, inshallah.
As-Salaam Walikum- Sister Mischa Why can't you still wear it?:?

Emmy
01-18-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm a revert and let me tell you, wearing hijab on my campus was one of the hardest things i've ever had to do. At first I was so self-concious because hardly anyone else wore it. I felt a lot of people stared at me because I was white too. But everytime I had the urge to give in to the pressure, I just reminded myself that the more trouble I go through to gain favor with Allah, the greater the reward he will bestow upon me.

I left school and don't have to deal with this anymore, Alhamdullah. :sister:

~Mischa~
01-18-2006, 02:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TabTabiun
As-Salaam Walikum- Sister Mischa Why can't you still wear it?:?
erm, i do still wear the hijaab. what dya mean?

Ummu Amatullah
01-18-2006, 02:22 AM
Asallama Alaikum my dear sister I'm kind of with you on that.Like you know how we wear the Jilbab and abaya,but despite that guys approach you even some gruesome kufaar:vomit:.That's why Insh'Allah Niqaab is the way for me.:happy: :happy:

~Mischa~
01-18-2006, 11:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Shukri
Asallama Alaikum my dear sister I'm kind of with you on that.Like you know how we wear the Jilbab and abaya,but despite that guys approach you even some gruesome kufaar:vomit:.That's why Insh'Allah Niqaab is the way for me.:happy: :happy:
mashallah sis.. how long have u been wearing it for?

i weared it like the other day, just to see how it feels lol.. and, alhamdulilah - i loved it, i felt so liberated. i cant wait to start wearing it properly heh.

Musaafirah
01-18-2006, 11:49 AM
my question though..how can i wear niqaab at uni?..:?..

~Mischa~
01-18-2006, 11:56 AM
hmm dunt they allow it?

i know its gonna be tough when i start wearing it to college.. but i'm just one of those ppl that dunt give a damn what other ppl think when it comes to islam.. so if i wanna wear it, i'm gonna wear it and if they dunt like it - tough, they can go where the sun dunt shine....

Musaafirah
01-18-2006, 12:03 PM
nah..wat i meant was ..i mentioned this before..but the uni works on the basis of id cards..so in examinations u need ur id card on the table and it has ur pic on it..so they use it to verify u are who u say u are..u get me :?
and its used for access to some labs and stuff..
:rollseyes

~Mischa~
01-18-2006, 12:09 PM
oh yer, they have those id cards now dunt they, hmmmm, i dunno...

i suppose you could just take it off when you need to show them ur id card?

Musaafirah
01-18-2006, 12:10 PM
yeah..but i feel it will be an insult to the niqaab..as in why wear one if i'll take it off to show them? :?

~Mischa~
01-18-2006, 06:32 PM
well not really.. cuz u'll only b taking it off for security reasons.. just like niqaabi sisters have to at the airport.

Snowflake
01-18-2006, 07:55 PM

MashaAllah some good replies here.
I just wanna add that any relationship based on sin will be doomed as you're going against the laws of Allah and leaving ur hayaa behind.

If already the brother you talk to is making unsuitable convos where u have to stop him, ask yourself how pious is he? If he can talk like that to you then what makes you so diff from other girls? He can be talking in that manner to anyone. Oh and please don't even think of sending him your photo.

If a brother is genuinely interested in a sister for marriage, he should tell his parents to approach hers and take it from there. Anything else, avoid it.

May Allah ta'ala guide you on the right path.. ameen

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-18-2006, 08:51 PM
i agree wid u there sis (nadia), coz ive been in dat situation b4

Duhaa
01-19-2006, 02:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijabi_19
nah..wat i meant was ..i mentioned this before..but the uni works on the basis of id cards..so in examinations u need ur id card on the table and it has ur pic on it..so they use it to verify u are who u say u are..u get me :?
and its used for access to some labs and stuff..
I wear it at uni and they also have id cards and guess what.....
.....I had my picture taken WITH MY NIQAAB ON!!! :)
They gave me a choice, I could have it with or without so theywere really nice about it.
So basically what I'm saying is where theres a will, theres a way.
If you wanna do sumthing you have to try.

I know the feeling of being stared at and it is annoying but you ignore it and anyway usually they are more interested than hostile.
Anyway I hope you dont take it off because personally I feel that that would be insulting and disrespecting the niqaab.
But that's my view. :sister:

~Mischa~
01-19-2006, 06:51 PM
^ salaam sis, thats really comforting to here...

what uni do u go to?

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 07:02 PM

i jus wanna say to all the sis who wear hijaab, jilbab & niqaab or are tryin to, i have a so much respect for u that i cnt put in words, my heart goes out for u all

As for brs its nt so hard to have a beard which is one of a islamic symbols coz a hindu,sikh, jew etc have them so it nt sumfin unique, where as islamic women dress is.

if any brs out there fink diffrent, than my challenge to is that one day dress up from head to toe and see for yourself hw hard it is for a women.

my point is that when we order our women to cover up we should use hikmah inshA.

Musaafirah
01-19-2006, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa
I wear it at uni and they also have id cards and guess what.....
.....I had my picture taken WITH MY NIQAAB ON!!! :)
They gave me a choice, I could have it with or without so theywere really nice about it.
So basically what I'm saying is where theres a will, theres a way.
If you wanna do sumthing you have to try.

I know the feeling of being stared at and it is annoying but you ignore it and anyway usually they are more interested than hostile.
Anyway I hope you dont take it off because personally I feel that that would be insulting and disrespecting the niqaab.
But that's my view. :sister:
awww..masha'allah...:thumbs_up
i dont wear a niqab at the mo..i've jus been wearin the jilbaab ever since i went for umrah wen i was 13 years old..so i thought it'd be easier for me to wear niqab..but my dad'z against it..and well..he'z a very..opinionated person..and i dont want to anger him..but yes i know islam is more important..but niqab isnt compulsory is it?..i mean by wearing it i understand that i'd feel more at peace..
but i dont know..:? i'm so confuzzled..

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 07:39 PM
awww..masha'allah...:thumbs_up
i dont wear a niqab at the mo..i've jus been wearin the jilbaab ever since i went for umrah wen i was 13 years old..so i thought it'd be easier for me to wear niqab..but my dad'z against it..and well..he'z a very..opinionated person..and i dont want to anger him..but yes i know islam is more important..but niqab isnt compulsory is it?..i mean by wearing it i understand that i'd feel more at peace..
but i dont know..:? i'm so confuzzled..

Mashallah sis u r doin more than most of sis r doin, so be proud of urself inshA, and pray to Allah (swt) about ur father being too opinionated, in Al-islam it's what Allah (swt) & his Prophet (saw) have said goes not what u&me fink.

what u said about niqab- pls read below a fatwa which will give a clear indication of where u stand in this matter

Question :

I wear Hijab but do not wear Niqab, my husband says that if I do not start covering my face then he will divorce me. He says that whatever he asks me to do I should do. I do not want to disobey my husband but to wear niqab would cause me great hardship and sadden me deeply. I guess it is due to lack of eeman that I feel this way but feel that he is trying to force me to do something that I do not want to do. Can you please advise me on this matter.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

The evidence of the Qur’aan and Sunnah indicates that it is obligatory for women for cover their faces. This evidence includes the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way)”
[al-Ahzaab 33:59]

The cloak (jilbaab) is a garment that the woman places over her head and lowers over her face.

So you have to fear Allaah in this matter and respond to two commands: the command of Allaah and the command of your husband. Undoubtedly this will be very good for you. This matter will make your husband happy and bring happiness to your home. Feelings of difficulty will pass if you are patient and get used to it. These feelings of difficulty will turn to joy when you see the effect that your way of dressing has on him, so you will be responding to Islamic commands and the command of your husband which is in accordance with the laws of Allaah. You will be closing the door to the shaytaans of those who may look at you, and will also be protecting the gaze of chaste and good people from looking at something which they are not permitted to see. And there are other benefits which you will see and appreciate when you respond to this command.

Sisters who wear niqaab often come to regret the years in which they used to uncover their faces, after Allaah honoured them with the niqaab. If one of them were to be given all the wealth in the world to uncover her face, she would not do it. We have even seen many chaste women who have left their husbands because they wanted them to take off the niqaab. So think about the great difference between your situation and theirs. Where now can we find a man who is keen to keep his family chaste and covered? There are very few of them. Should we disregard these few or should we appreciate their actions which spread good in society?

We remind you to fear Allaah, and we remind you of the actions of the believing women when they responded to the command of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):

“and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)”

[al-Noor 24:31]

al-Bukhaari (4481) narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: “When this verse was revealed, the muhaajir women took their waist wrappers and tore them at the edges, and covered their faces with them.

See also the answer to question no. 21134, which explains the obligation of women covering their faces.

Your husband should also read question no. 20343, which explains the husband’s duty to offer sincere advice to his wife, and ways of doing that.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)

Musaafirah
01-19-2006, 08:09 PM
jazakallahukhair 4 the encouragement..:D...and jazakallahukhair 4 the fatwa...now all i need to do is act on wat i've learned...insha'allah...
tho thatz gonna be kinda hard...:(

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 08:14 PM

sis at the end of the day u got to look at the reward u'll get inshA.
May Allah (swt) make it easy for u & all the sis out there.
I am proud of u all

Musaafirah
01-19-2006, 08:17 PM
i understand about the reward..and then i think..in order to get the reward..wouldnt it be better 4 me to give up uni...that way i wont be in a mixed environment..i mean all my life i've wanted to study science..and to become a scientist..and then i've been reading a lot of articles..and the best place for the woman is in the home..and...alas...i have reached a crossroads...:?

TabTabiun
01-19-2006, 08:20 PM
erm, i do still wear the hijaab. what dya mean?
As-Salaam Walikum Didn't you say that you weren't wearing it?:? .
~~~As-Salaam Walikum~~~

Musaafirah
01-19-2006, 08:22 PM
she never sed that..:?..she was jus sayin that wearin the hijab and jilbaab are not enough..and she will insha'allah wear the niqab...:D

MuslimaH~SistaH
01-19-2006, 08:26 PM
A muslim girl/Woman should cover her hair,Right?

~~Salam~~

TabTabiun
01-19-2006, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_ibn_adam

i jus wanna say to all the sis who wear hijaab, jilbab & niqaab or are tryin to, i have a so much respect for u that i cnt put in words, my heart goes out for u all

As for brs its nt so hard to have a beard which is one of a islamic symbols coz a hindu,sikh, jew etc have them so it nt sumfin unique, where as islamic women dress is.

if any brs out there fink diffrent, than my challenge to is that one day dress up from head to toe and see for yourself hw hard it is for a women.

my point is that when we order our women to cover up we should use hikmah inshA.

As-Salaam Walikum- My Father says the SAME Thing Mashallah!!! May Allah BLESS Us all. Ameen.
~~~As-Salaam WAlikum~~~
*P.S. I wear BURKHA Inshallah!!!! Mashallah... I have been wearing it since I was 12!!!

abdulhaqqibnluv
01-19-2006, 08:36 PM

The brother iqbal_ibn_adam brought a strong daleel for the obligation of veiling one which I myself believe. However it must also be stated that there is an ikhtilaff regarding the matter amongst some of the major scholars of the religion. The other oppinion is that niqaabis recommended. But the stronger oppinion is that which the brother brought barakAllahu feek. as salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

TabTabiun
01-19-2006, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimaH~SistaH
A muslim girl/Woman should cover her hair,Right?

~~Salam~~
As-Salaam Walikum- Yes A Muslim girl must cover everything except for the hands. Once they attain the age of puberty They can wear it before they attain puberty if they want to.... because I wanted to wear the Burkha before I Attained the age of puberty it was my choice... Mashallah...:) :statisfie
~~~As-Salaam Walikum~~~

TabTabiun
01-19-2006, 08:43 PM
she never sed that..:?..she was jus sayin that wearin the hijab and jilbaab are not enough..and she will insha'allah wear the niqab...:D
As-Salaam Walikum- Of course that's not enough!!!;D .:giggling: . That's Why Allah (SWT) Commanded the Believing Woman to Cover everything. Revealing nothing...but the hands!!!
~~~As-Salaam Walikum~~~:thankyou:

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 08:45 PM
i understand about the reward..and then i think..in order to get the reward..wouldnt it be better 4 me to give up uni...that way i wont be in a mixed environment..i mean all my life i've wanted to study science..and to become a scientist..and then i've been reading a lot of articles..and the best place for the woman is in the home..and...alas...i have reached a crossroads...:?

i know wat u saying about the best place for women is her house, first of all hw long have u left till u finish?

you also need to look at the need of the ummah as well as urs. e.g we dnt have enough drs & nurses so when a new child is born we have to go to non muslims, only if there were enough muslim sisters to do this we wouldn't have to go to them. and there are many other examples and m sure u'll agree wid me.

we need sisters like u to fill the needs of ummah, again i know it's hard bt look at the reward side of it. this will insA make u happy

did that make sence:rollseyes

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TabTabiun
As-Salaam Walikum- Of course that's not enough!!!;D .:giggling: . That's Why Allah (SWT) Commanded the Believing Woman to Cover everything. Revealing nothing...but the hands!!!
~~~As-Salaam Walikum~~~:thankyou:

i fowt the hands should be covered.
can u give me daleel for wat u said pls?

im nt being rude or anyfin i jus wanna know

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by abdulhaqqibnluv

The brother iqbal_ibn_adam brought a strong daleel for the obligation of veiling one which I myself believe. However it must also be stated that there is an ikhtilaff regarding the matter amongst some of the major scholars of the religion. The other oppinion is that niqaabis recommended. But the stronger oppinion is that which the brother brought barakAllahu feek. as salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh.

a sis jus said dat only should be showed nofin else is this correct?

Musaafirah
01-19-2006, 09:16 PM

i know wat u saying about the best place for women is her house, first of all hw long have u left till u finish?

you also need to look at the need of the ummah as well as urs. e.g we dnt have enough drs & nurses so when a new child is born we have to go to non muslims, only if there were enough muslim sisters to do this we wouldn't have to go to them. and there are many other examples and m sure u'll agree wid me.

we need sisters like u to fill the needs of ummah, again i know it's hard bt look at the reward side of it. this will insA make u happy

did that make sence:rollseyes
:salamext:...
i've jus started my uni course..and was hopin to do a 4 year course..and then become a biomedical scientist insha'allah...
i understand u...i've jus gotta strengthen my resolve and character insha'allah

Tasneem
01-19-2006, 09:29 PM
It is fardah to wear the hijab

Allah tells us in the holy qur'an to cover from head to toe

If i was to stop wearing hijab i would think Allah would let me get raped
because of my disobediance to him.

Allah is not a liar when he tells woman to cover because of men

Some men have diseases in their hearts

And its not their fault because that is the way they were created

And Allah tells us how to protect ourselves

Also,about the whole guy thing this is harram

[MAD]Stop the convo between him and you immediatley![/MAD]

Do not send him your picture and dont talk to him

Allah sees you and he knows

Stop...Before its tooo late

Either marry him or stop talking to him

SaLaMz

Tasneem
01-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Sorry if i made any mistakes

Lol,i was trying to type and put on my Hijab

SaLaMz

Nawal89
01-19-2006, 09:32 PM
^mashaAllah sis what a great post.. but i would say it's WAJIB to wear hijab, not sunnah.

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 10:20 PM
:salamext:...
i've jus started my uni course..and was hopin to do a 4 year course..and then become a biomedical scientist insha'allah...
i understand u...i've jus gotta strengthen my resolve and character insha'allah

inshA may Allah(swt) make it easy 4u.Ameen

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-19-2006, 10:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
It is the sunnah to wear the hijab

Allah tells us in the holy qur'an to cover from head to toe

Allah is not a liar when he tells woman to cover because of men

Some men have diseases in their hearts

And its not their fault because that is the way they were created

And Allah tells us how to protect ourselves

Also,about the whole guy thing this is harram

[MAD]Stop the convo between him and you immediatley![/MAD]

Do not send him your picture and dont talk to him

Allah sees you and he knows

Stop...Before its tooo late

Either marry him or stop talking to him

SaLaMz

sis where is that daleel that its a sunnah to wear hijab pls?

when :arabic4: says
“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way)”

Tasneem
01-20-2006, 03:46 PM

when :arabic4: says

o.k sorry for that simple mistake:giggling:

O.k i edited

SaLaMz

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-20-2006, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jihad_spun
o.k sorry for that simple mistake:giggling:

O.k i edited

SaLaMz

m nt wid u there

Musaafirah
01-20-2006, 06:43 PM
if u look back at her previous post..u'll notice that shez changed the word 4rm sunnah to fardh :)

iqbal_ibn_adam
01-20-2006, 07:01 PM

jazakallah khair for that i didn't know what she was saying there:statisfie :statisfie :statisfie

julie sarri
02-28-2006, 10:35 AM
[:sl: its inportent to wear your hijab its a part of a muslimah and be proud of wearing it not all muslim women are strong as you yet so dont give up on your hijab:w: :sister:

Snowflake
02-28-2006, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tasneem
Do you even realise what saying that IMPLIES? :rant:
How dare you even think that Allah would be to blame for some sick man's actions? If you're not in hijaab and you get raped, it is NOT because Allah made that man do it to punish you! Just what do you take Allah for eh?
Every person is responsible for their own actions. If Allah makes people do evil things then why would he have made Hell to throw them in there for?

:heated:

iqbal_ibn_adam
02-28-2006, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
Do you even realise what saying that IMPLIES? :rant:
How dare you even think that Allah would be to blame for some sick man's actions? If you're not in hijaab and you get raped, it is NOT because Allah made that man do it to punish you! Just what do you take Allah for eh?
Every person is responsible for their own actions. If Allah makes people do evil things then why would he have made Hell to throw them in there for?

:heated:

Sis take a chill pill, when sum1 says sumfing or does sumfing wrong this gives us a chance to give them dawah. Do not be harsh in giving dawah inshA.
I am sure u'll agree that all of us are not on the same lavel of understanding.

InshA have sabar and try not get emotional at the same time.

safwana
02-28-2006, 07:28 PM

alhamdulillah i love wearing the hijab it gives u more peace then when you wear the scarf on its own. may allah keep us steadfast on it ameen.

Snowflake
02-28-2006, 08:18 PM

Sis take a chill pill, when sum1 says sumfing or does sumfing wrong this gives us a chance to give them dawah. Do not be harsh in giving dawah inshA.
I am sure u'll agree that all of us are not on the same lavel of understanding.

InshA have sabar and try not get emotional at the same time.
sorry but I don't care. I don't think anything if people question anything about islam due to lack of knowledge etc. But this has nothing to do with that. This is blaming Allah :'( I can't take it and I wont be calm when I hear such stuff coming from a muslim. I've seen stupid women blaming Allah cuz someone in their family has died. I wanna slap their silly little faces when they beat their chests and say "Allah why did you do this cruel thing to us?" No way am I going to remain calm. I'll let someone else do that part.

This reminds me of a relative of mine (who knows everything about islam) who was visiting us one day. Ok, he had a bad day and you know what he said? he said "It's His fault up there!" I said "Who's?"
and he replied "Him! up there!!!" what the heck! How dare he address Allah like that? He had pure contempt written all over his face. I told him to get out of my house and come back after he has reflected on what he'd said and asked Allah for forgiveness. :giggling: He drove off, and came back 30 minutes later and said sorry and we had a good laugh at me telling him to get out! ;D I know if I'd said "Awwww bro0o don't say that... it isnt Allah's fault blah blah blah." It wouldnt have had an impact on him. I told him he was lucky I hadnt slapped him :D He was shocked but said he didn't blame me for what I'd done. I know I get emotional, but I can't take it when someone says something bad about Allah. It kills me :'(

Anyway I'm not going to pretend to be something I'm not for the sake of a few reps. To me that's hypocrisy. Forget that! I'd rather say what is in my heart. At least you know with me.. what you see is what you get :thankyou:

ABDULLAH SAOOD
02-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

when says
I am failing to understand what brother iqbal_ibn_adam has said wrong here!!!!!!! he is just stating the truth! Why are you getting all worked up???

Masalaam
Br Abdullah

iqbal_ibn_adam
02-28-2006, 08:45 PM
sorry but I don't care. I don't think anything if people question anything about islam due to lack of knowledge etc. But this has nothing to do with that. This is blaming Allah :'( I can't take it and I wont be calm when I hear such stuff coming from a muslim. I've seen stupid women blaming Allah cuz someone in their family has died. I wanna slap their silly little faces when they beat their chests and say "Allah why did you do this cruel thing to us?" No way am I going to remain calm. I'll let someone else do that part.

This reminds me of a relative of mine (who knows everything about islam) who was visiting us one day. Ok, he had a bad day and you know what he said? he said "It's His fault up there!" I said "Who's?"
and he replied "Him! up there!!!" what the heck! How dare he address Allah like that? He had pure contempt written all over his face. I told him to get out of my house and come back after he has reflected on what he'd said and asked Allah for forgiveness. :giggling: He drove off, and came back 30 minutes later and said sorry and we had a good laugh at me telling him to get out! ;D I know if I'd said "Awwww bro0o don't say that... it isnt Allah's fault blah blah blah." It wouldnt have had an impact on him. I told him he was lucky I hadnt slapped him :D He was shocked but said he didn't blame me for what I'd done. I know I get emotional, but I can't take it when someone says something bad about Allah. It kills me :'(

Anyway I'm not going to pretend to be something I'm not for the sake of a few reps. To me that's hypocrisy. Forget that! I'd rather say what is in my heart. At least you know with me.. what you see is what you get :thankyou:

I agree wid u and also i'm proud of u is well that u feel this way when sum ppl say things that they shouldn't.
One thing u have ask urself is that do u love Allah swt more than prophet (saw) did?
I am sure the answer will be Prophet (saw) so my advice to u is that follow the footsteps of the beloved of Allah swt.

You also need to understand that Allah swt judges a person by his niya (intention), so as long as yours is clear than inshA the rewards is there for u.:)

Snowflake
02-28-2006, 09:57 PM
I agree wid u and also i'm proud of u is well that u feel this way when sum ppl say things that they shouldn't.
One thing u have ask urself is that do u love Allah swt more than prophet (saw) did?
I am sure the answer will be Prophet (saw) so my advice to u is that follow the footsteps of the beloved of Allah swt.

You also need to understand that Allah swt judges a person by his niya (intention), so as long as yours is clear than inshA the rewards is there for u.:)
:sl: i know what ur saying bro and u mean good. But I'm not perfect and i dont expect others to b. but in these situations i cant control myself . i dont think the prophet would've remained calm if a muslim had refered to Allah in dat way either.. it might look like a weakness on my part to others.. but i hope i always feel this way :statisfie lol

bezimany 071
02-28-2006, 11:32 PM
sister....as long as you stay on top of your deen you should be alright.....talk to whoever you want, jus tbe careful who you choose to talk to.....you dont have to wear hijab if youre not comfortable with it...but when you do wear it, than you should wear it for Allah, not for a boy, or mom and dad, or me, or whoever......people might talk about you but Allah is the only one who will judge you.......so just concentrate to stay on your deen......keep islam in your heart and make du'a asking God for guidance.......as far as the boy goes, if you think that he understands your worth as a woman, and is willing ot be patient with you than talk to him....if he is not understaning of your worth as a muslim sister, than move on and find yourself another brother.....there are so many men in the world, noone says you should give yourself to the first one who comes around

peace
bez

nihma333
03-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Let me first make a point to say that hijab is fard on females of age.

I would always incourage someone to wear hijab. However, hijab is not a temporary decision or alternative. Depending on the type of person you are and where you live really affects your ability to chose to wear hijab or not. However, regardless of the situation, it is fard. But it is better to be a good Muslim and not wear it, then to wear hijab and think that makes you a good Muslim....

peace, Naimah

mbaig
03-01-2006, 09:03 AM

Sisters !! Allah and his prophet Muhammed(pbuh) has put great stress on wearing of hijab for women. Hijab is compulsory for a women when she leaves her home. Hijab helps save women their modesty.

In america every day numbers of rape cases are registered imagine if american women start wearing hijab. This numbers can be drasctically fall. So hope Allah shows us the right way.

nihma333
03-01-2006, 09:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mbaig
Sisters !! Allah and his prophet Muhammed(pbuh) has put great stress on wearing of hijab for women. Hijab is compulsory for a women when she leaves her home. Hijab helps save women their modesty.

In america every day numbers of rape cases are registered imagine if american women start wearing hijab. This numbers can be drasctically fall. So hope Allah shows us the right way.
EXACTLY!..It really is that plain and simple when it comes down to the nitty-gritty. Hijab was send down as a shield and protection for women. And that's what the word means, "curtain" You can't see inside my house, and I'm not gonna give you any ideas, so go knock on someone elses door!:giggling: "bye-bye" and have a nice day. On top of that you automatically demand repect when you step out of your house. Can you believe that a scarf on your head and loose clothing does all of that?...yup! that's why it's fard.

peace, Naimah

Snowflake
03-01-2006, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mbaig

alhumdulillah i wear hijaab. but u quoted my post in ur reply..how come? my post was addressing something else to another member :P :?

Hijaabi22
03-04-2006, 04:56 PM

i really really really really need to start wearin my scarf, dunno wat it is but i find it really hard!!!

May Allah(swt) guide me inshaAllah and make it easy for me

INSPIRE ME GYALS :sister: :sister: :sister: :sister:

iqbal_ibn_adam
03-04-2006, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ------------

i really really really really need to start wearin my scarf, dunno wat it is but i find it really hard!!!

May Allah(swt) guide me inshaAllah and make it easy for me

INSPIRE ME GYALS :sister: :sister: :sister: :sister:

There are lot of things we muslims should do, but we dnt do them coz we find it hard etc.
we need to understand the true teachings of Al-Islam,if we can do that and im sure we will do as wat Allah swt has ordered us to do.
There are lot of things we need to change about ourself to be able to obey the laws of Allah swt.
One of the many things which we need change is our company, There is a Ahadeeth of Aisha (ra) that wheneva u see a person dnt ask them how they are just look at their company and it will tell u the state of the person. So it is very important that we should take care of this issue inshA.
I know it's not easy coz shaytan is an open enemy to us.
One of the main thing we should understand is that, whateva we have been ordered to do we should do it for the pleasure of Allah swt and not for the rewards.

My advice to all is the seek refuge in Allah swt from shaytan.

Hijaabi22
03-04-2006, 10:06 PM
There are lot of things we muslims should do, but we dnt do them coz we find it hard etc.
we need to understand the true teachings of Al-Islam,if we can do that and im sure we will do as wat Allah swt has ordered us to do.
There are lot of things we need to change about ourself to be able to obey the laws of Allah swt.
One of the many things which we need change is our company, There is a Ahadeeth of Aisha (ra) that wheneva u see a person dnt ask them how they are just look at their company and it will tell u the state of the person. So it is very important that we should take care of this issue inshA.
I know it's not easy coz shaytan is an open enemy to us.
One of the main thing we should understand is that, whateva we have been ordered to do we should do it for the pleasure of Allah swt and not for the rewards.

My advice to all is the seek refuge in Allah swt from shaytan.

JAZAKALLAH 4 DAT BRUV MELL BEAR DAT IN MIND :sister:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.