/* */

PDA

View Full Version : America’s first Islamic stamp on display in Iran

sonz
01-18-2006, 07:54 AM
The first Islamic stamp issued by the United States Postal Service is displayed in an Iranian museum.

The stamp was first issued in 2005 on Eid-al-Fitr and was reissued on Eid-al-Adha in 2006, Mohammad-Hossein Yazdinejad, the director of the Stamp and Banknote section at the Mashhad’s Astan-e Qods Razavi Museum.

The “Eid Mubarak” stamp is translates as “blessed festival”.

It commemorates the two most important festivals in the Islamic calendar. Eid-al-Adha marks the end of the annual pilgrimage, of Hajj, and Eid-al-Fitr comes at the end of the holy month of Ramadan.

The stamp was designed by American-born Islamic calligrapher Mohamed Zakariya. The 57-year-old studied calligraphy after he embraced Islam and became one of the best Islamic calligraphers in the United States.

stamp

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Halima
01-19-2006, 02:59 AM
:sl:

Wow subhnallah that is truly amazing.

:w:

Ummu Amatullah
01-19-2006, 03:10 AM
Wouldn't it even be better if Eid was made a national holiday.MAS tried,but I'm not really certain of the outcome.On display in Iran?Why Iran?Why not here?

imaad_udeen
01-19-2006, 03:20 AM
More proof America hates Muslims.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Issa
01-19-2006, 05:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
More proof America hates Muslims.
As-salamu Alaykum,
Why is this stamp proof that America hates Muslims?:? . I am confused...

Muezzin
01-19-2006, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Issa
As-salamu Alaykum,
He's being ironic ;)

imaad_udeen
01-19-2006, 10:54 PM
As-salamu Alaykum,
Salam,

I was being sarcastic and ironic as the bro said.

:)

Nice to see another American Muslimah. Hows it go, sis?

Issa
01-20-2006, 04:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by imaad_udeen
Salam,

I was being sarcastic and ironic as the bro said.

:)

Nice to see another American Muslimah. Hows it go, sis?
:w: ,

Ok. It went right over my head:embarrass . I have come to know some who make it sound as if I have to now hate everything about my country(USA)in order to love Islam. Is this true? I know I am off topic, but... I am an American and don't hate my home. Oh, yes, I am well. Thank you for asking. You?
Issa:sister:

imaad_udeen
01-20-2006, 05:25 AM

Ok. It went right over my head:embarrass . I have come to know some who make it sound as if I have to now hate everything about my country(USA)in order to love Islam. Is this true? I know I am off topic, but... I am an American and don't hate my home. Oh, yes, I am well. Thank you for asking. You?
Issa:sister:

There is a lot of that going around. I dont think you have to hate your country to love Islam. Allah (swt) is the only judge.

I think you can love America while at the same time disagreeing with some of its policies or actions. America is more than the totality of its wars or interventions.

There is no other place in the world that I would ever want to live than the United States of America.

I am well, too, btw. :)

Muezzin
01-20-2006, 09:08 AM

Ok. It went right over my head:embarrass . I have come to know some who make it sound as if I have to now hate everything about my country(USA)in order to love Islam. Is this true?
Not at all. The kind of people who say that are very silly indeed. As bro Imaad said, you can disagree with some of the policies, but to hate the country you're living in... The way I see it, if some of these 'West-Bashers' hate the country they live in so much, why don't they move? Answer: Because there's not as many benefits in other countries :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.