/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Charles Darwin believed in a creator

sonz
01-18-2006, 05:43 PM
This fact is lost on many people since his reference "To my mind it accords better with what we know of the laws impressed on matter by the Creator" was subsequently removed from the book "On the Origin of Species" (Chapter 14, editions 1 through 6) by his colleagues upon his death.

So it seems the father of evolution was a believer in creation. I find the irony thought-provoking.

Todd Brautigam
Greensburg

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
01-18-2006, 07:50 PM
I have heard as such, in my prayer group, many always said about how darwin saw the light and became Christian

Muezzin
01-18-2006, 07:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz
This fact is lost on many people since his reference "To my mind it accords better with what we know of the laws impressed on matter by the Creator" was subsequently removed from the book "On the Origin of Species" (Chapter 14, editions 1 through 6) by his colleagues upon his death.
Those scumbags. Who the hell did they think they were to change his book after his death?

taebah
01-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Subhan Allah, the kufr and damage cause by his book is far reaching. The problem is, many Muslims buy it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mansio
01-18-2006, 09:14 PM
I don't understand why Charles Darwin should not believe in creation by God. Evolution has nothing to do with atheism.
Atheism or believing in God are private matters. Science describes the world and leaves creation matters to religion.

taebah
01-18-2006, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mansio
I don't understand why Charles Darwin should not believe in creation by God. Evolution has nothing to do with atheism.
Atheism or believing in God are private matters. Science describes the world and leaves creation matters to religion.

Darwin's theory of evolution states that creation happened by coincidental causes and natural processes. 'Random mutations' of genetic information are supposed to explain the variations which caused living organisms to evolve.

His theory claims that "four billion years ago various chemical compounds underwent a reaction in the primordial atmosphere on the earth in which the effects of thunderbolts and atmospheric pressure led to the formation of the first living cell". This was the beginning of life, according to Darwin. His theory promotes the idea that humans evolved from apes, completely contradicting the fact that Allah informed us He created Adam (alayhis-salam) in the form of a human, and from him his wife Hawwa (for more, click here.

Harun Yahya explains the theory and refutes it with scientific and anthropological evidence: http://www.harunyahya.com/refuted1.php
and http://www.harunyahya.com/evolution_specialpreface.php

mansio
01-18-2006, 10:35 PM
Taebah

Darwin's discovery contradicts the creation story from the Bible and the Quran but does not state, as far as I know, that evolution is not from God.
Most Christians for example, think that God created everything, man included, through evolution.
Alas for Harun Yahya, his refutations of evolution have not attracted the attention of scientists.

azim
01-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Most Christians for example, think that God created everything, man included, through evolution.
I gotta say Mansio, you're on a downward spiral. First you were making claims with no proof. Now you're just plain lying.

You may be a Christian who believes in evolution and that God created everything through evolution - however the majority of Christians are not. If that were the case, why ID vs Evolution in the USA?

You've said you believe the Bible was inspired, and not the Word of God so can contain errors and stories which aren't true. Yet, the fact that you base your whole belief on the teachings of the book, and then discard everything that doesn't make sense to you is pretty arrogrant.

You're very strange Mansio, but I hope the best in life for you.

PS: May Allah cure you of your annoying habits of factless accusations and prevent you from stooping lower into lies. Ameen! :D

mansio
01-19-2006, 12:47 PM
Azim

I thank you for asking me pertinent questions.
First of all I am not a Christian but some kind of unitarian. I have the greatest respect for Christianity which, as a European, I know well. But I believe Christianity has borrowed from pagan religions in its origins.

When you talk about claims with no proof that I make I would like you to be more precise because those claims could be:
1) true with no proofs given
2) true with proofs given or about to be given
3) untrue, with no proofs of course.
If I tell you now the earth rotates around the sun it is case n#1.
Nearly all my claims belong to 1 and 2.
It may happen that I blunder and make an untrue claim as I am not perfect, only God is.

Why did I mention Christians and evolution together ? Because some on this forum think evolution is only a belief of atheists and is not accepted by religious people. The contrary is true.

You are talking about the belief in evolution by Christians in the United States, which is a peculiar situation, and you oppose that argument to me who is speaking of that belief with Christians the world over.
The Catholics, who are the majority of Christians, have accepted evolution. Most of the Protestants also. Of course fundamentalist Christians, of which there are many in the States, believe in creationism.
In Europe we are amazed that such a belief from our "dark ages" has resurfaced. Americans that believe in creationism are being mocked in the media and many Europeans think that it is proof that Americans are a little bit intellectually backward (it is an opinion that I personally do not agree with).

I don't understand what you mean by "the fact that you base your whole belief on the teachings of the book" (the Bible, I think), because I don't do that.
Could you elaborate on "discard everything that doesn't make sense to you is pretty arrogant", because I don't know if you refer to me or to Christians who distinguish between what is mythical and what is not.

Duhaa
01-19-2006, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sonz

So it seems the father of evolution was a believer in creation. I find the irony thought-provoking.
So are you saying that Darwin believed in both evolution and God?
Or he saw he was wrong before he died and gave up on evolution and started believing in God?
Because the way i see it you cant believe in evolution if you believe in Allah. I say this because evolution leads you to believe that everything happened by chance eg We humans evoluted from apes!!! ;D D'you see my point?
And anyway how do we know that his colleagues did indeed remove this statementfrom his book.
In fact if he was indeed a believer of the creator, it would be evident in other books of his, would it not?
Sorry, I dont mean to be accusatory :) but i feel strongly against Darwin and his beliefs about evolution.

azim
01-19-2006, 06:29 PM
First of all I am not a Christian but some kind of unitarian. I have the greatest respect for Christianity which, as a European, I know well. But I believe Christianity has borrowed from pagan religions in its origins.
So do you accept the Bible as actually being inspired by God or not? This relates to the last question you asked, so I'll have to postpone that until later.

When you talk about claims with no proof that I make I would like you to be more precise because those claims could be:
1) true with no proofs given
2) true with proofs given or about to be given
3) untrue, with no proofs of course.
If I tell you now the earth rotates around the sun it is case n#1.
Nearly all my claims belong to 1 and 2.
I disagree, many of your accusations fall under 3, or: -
4)part truth/part lie - no proofs given

However, from now on (if you intend to stay on the forum) any accusations you make, I will class under either 1, 2, 3, 4 so that we know where we stand.

Why did I mention Christians and evolution together ? Because some on this forum think evolution is only a belief of atheists and is not accepted by religious people. The contrary is true.

The Catholics, who are the majority of Christians, have accepted evolution. Most of the Protestants also. Of course fundamentalist Christians, of which there are many in the States, believe in creationism.
I know a lot of Catholics, I can tell you quite confidently that quite a few believe in creationism in spite of the Vatican.

I don't believe this, although maybe some people do.

mansio
01-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Azim

I do not have an opinion about the Bible. It may be that some parts of it are inspired by God, but I have no proofs for that.
You can also ask me if I think the Book of Mormon or the Kitab-i Aqdas are inspired by God.
I can also ask you if you think those books inspired.
Until now you are all asking me proofs of what I say. How about the reverse. Me asking you for proofs of all you say.

azim
01-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Me asking you for proofs of all you say.
Feel free.

PrIM3
01-21-2006, 02:45 PM
does it really matter if darwin changed his theory or not? I mean he already lead so many people away.. of course according to this book darwin doing a last min. convert never happened

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.