/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Characteristics of Allah

Organized Chaos
01-19-2006, 11:21 PM
despite God's claim to be unchanging, God in the old testiment is much different from God in the new testiment. the christians won't admit it, but they are. OT God would kill you for spitting on the ground, but NT God would forgive you for killing 8 trillion people. what are the attributes of Allah, and how do they compare to the Judaen God and the Christian God?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
01-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey.

I posted some response to a question like yours in another thread, so i hope you dont mind me pasting in what i replied there. :)

Most non muslims think of God as merciless, and someone who wants to imply laws on people without any justness.

But in reality - this is totally the opposite of the truth.

In the qur'an it is said many times that Allaah will forgive the sins of people if they turn to him in repentance.

Would you not agree that what the following verse mentions is more than justice?

6:160 He that doeth good shall have ten times as much to his credit: He that doeth evil shall only be recompensed according to his evil: no wrong shall be done unto (any of) them.

Allaah also says:

2:286 On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns.

14:7 And remember! your Lord caused to be declared (publicly): "If ye are grateful, I will add more (favours) unto you; But if ye show ingratitude, truly My punishment is terrible indeed."

Therefore Allaah is not asking us for something that is hard; but merely that we obey Him and show gratitude for all that He has given us:

14:31 Speak to my servants who have believed, that they may establish regular prayers, and spend (in charity) out of the sustenance we have given them, secretly and openly, before the coming of a Day in which there will be neither mutual bargaining nor befriending.

It is not enough to simply say that you "believe in God", as is explained in the Qur'an:

[29.2] Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried?
[29.3] And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars.
[29.4] Or do they who work evil think that they will escape Us? Evil is it that they judge!

This only a few verses showing the Justness of Allah Almighty, and that whatever a person does - it will have either good or bad consequences, depending on the action and the intention.

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family) said:

"Actions are but by intentions and every man will have only what he intended..."

explanation of hadith: http://www.islamtoday.com/showme2.cf...sub_cat_id=552

in another hadith, a hadith qudsi (the most important out of all hadith because they are said to our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him):

Hadith Qudsi 15:

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (PBUH) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

Allaah Almighty, the Most Forgiving says:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

Hadith Qudsi 34

Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it [by saying that] he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.

Hadith Qudsi 16

thats just a few.. if you need more info. please ask.

- Qatada -
01-19-2006, 11:41 PM
And you may also want to check this out :sunny:

Good question. :)

God gives people life and this is a test, within our life - we have to perform as much good deeds we can do as possible. And as you know - a human is a creature which naturally will be sinful, therefore they have to race to repentance, and by doing good deeds - it will remove their bad deeds too.

And keep up prayer in the two parts of the day and in the first hours of the night; surely good deeds take away evil deeds this is a reminder to the mindful. (11:114)

therefore we should race with each other to do good deeds within islam, which involve praying, giving to the poor, helping the needy, by smiling at your brother etc.

And we should also race with each other towards forgiveness, because we never know when we will die.

Now if a person sincerely repents and asks for forgiveness, God will forgive him, and the person will not be punished for that crime.

Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for God will change the evil of such persons into good, and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to God with an (acceptable) conversion;-

[25:70 - 71]

God doesn't just forgive the persons sins, but he even rewards the person because they've sincerely repented and they dont want to go back to that sin again.

Now thats more than Just dont you think. :)

The reason God forgives is because He knows that humans will naturally sin, but it is more of a theory of who will turn back to God and ask God for the forgiveness & who will follow the commands of the Almighty.

Now the second part of your questions probably totally different to what you expect, and i'll try my best to clarify it.

First of all i want you to remember that God is the Most Just, this means that he is even Just to the non muslims - the ones who dont even believe in God.

The first point is, God will test those whom he loves - like its been mentioned in the verse above:

[29.2] Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, We believe, and not be tried?
[29.3] And certainly We tried those before them, so Allah will certainly know those who are true and He will certainly know the liars.

That means that God will test the people (the believers) he loves in this life. This means putting them through different sorts of hardships, so it is a Just way of forgiving the persons sins.

this relates to the hadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) who said:

“Whatever befalls a Muslim of exhaustion, illness, worry, grief, nuisance or trouble, even though it may be no more than a prick of a thorn, earns him forgiveness by Allah of some of his sins.”

But you have to keep in mind:

2:286 On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns.

This way - God is being Just and the believers sins will be forgiven.

Whereas, God will keep giving goodness to the non-believers in this life, for the deeds they have done. For instance, if a person who is a kafir (a person who rejects faith) has smiled at a person in this life - God will reward them in some way for that deed they have done,

so the person may get alot of riches in this life. This is the Justness God gives to all people whether they believe or not.

Whereas God may keep testing the believer in this life, but we will stay pleased and remain steadfast, like our beloved Prophet

Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

" Wondrous are the believer's affairs. For him there is good in all his affairs, and this is so only for the believer. When something pleasing happens to him, he is grateful, and that is good for him; and when something displeasing happens to him, he is enduring (sabar), and that is good for him " (sahih Muslim )

but the rejectors of faith will try to stop the believers..

Those in sin used to laugh at those who believed, (83:29)

And whenever they passed by them, used to wink at each other (in mockery); (83:30)

And when they returned to their own people, they would return jesting; (83:31)

And whenever they saw them, they would say, "Behold! These are the people truly astray!" (83:32)

But this doesn't mean that the people who reject faith and do bad acts get away with it, no - they will get the fire in the afterlife.

For those who reject their Lord (and Cherisher) is the Penalty of Hell: and evil is (such), Destination. (67:06)]

Say: "See ye?- If Allah were to destroy me, and those with me, or if He bestows His Mercy on us,- yet who can deliver

the Unbelievers from a grievous Penalty?"
(67:28)

But the disbelievers keep rejecting faith:

..their messengers came to them with clear arguments; so it was not Allah Who should do them injustice, but they were unjust to themselves. (9:70)

The people in hell will be in different punishments, which will be affected by the amount of sins they had commited in this life, we know

this because our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his beloved family) said:

Hadith - Qudsi 38

When Allah Almighty created Paradise and Hell-fire, He sent Gabriel to Paradise, saying: Look at it and at what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants.

The Prophet May Allah's peace and praise be on him said: So he came to it and looked at it and at what Allah had prepared therein for its inhabitants. The Prophet May Allah's peace and praise be on him said: So he returned to Him and said: By your glory, no one hears of it without entering it. So He ordered that it be encompassed by forms of hardship, and He said: Return to it and look at what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants. The Prophet May Allah's peace and praise be on him said:

So he returned to it and found that it was encompassed by forms of hardship. Then he returned to Him and said: By Your glory, I fear that no one will enter it. He said: Go to Hell-fire and look at it and what I have prepared therein for its inhabitants, and he found that it was in layers, one above the other.

Then he returned to Him and said: By Your glory, no one who hears of it will enter it. So He ordered that it be encompassed by lusts. Then He said: Return to it. And he returned to it and said: By Your glory, I am frightened that no one will escape from entering it.

...That was because they rebelled and used to transgress. (5:78)

They restrained not one another from the wickedness they did. Verily evil was that they used to do!

The believers are treatedly unjustly;

Those who have been expelled from their homes without a just cause except that they say: Our Lord is Allah. And had there not been Allah's repelling some people by others, certainly there would have been pulled down cloisters and churches and synagogues and mosques in which Allah's name is much remembered; and surely Allah will help him who helps His cause; most surely Allah is Strong, Mighty. (22:40)

Those who, should We establish them in the land, will keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and enjoin good and forbid evil; and Allah's is the end of affairs. (22:41)

"The believers, men and women, are friends of one another. They command what is right and forbid what is wrong." (9:71)

Those who say: Our Lord! surely we believe, therefore forgive us our faults and save us from the chastisement of the fire. (3:16)

The patient, and the truthful, and the obedient, and those who spend (benevolently) [in charity] and those who ask forgiveness in the morning times. (3:17)

Those who faithfully observe their trusts and their covenants; (23:08)

And who (strictly) guard their prayers;- (23:09)

These are they who are the heirs, (23:10)

Who will inherit Paradise: they will dwell therein (for ever). (23:11)

"Say, 'Shall I bring your attention to things far better than those? For the righteous are gardens in nearness to their Lord, with rivers flowing beneath, eternal therein, with pure companions and the good pleasure of Allah. For within Allah's sight are all His servants – especially those who say, "Our Lord, we have indeed believed, so forgive us our sins and protect us from the agony of the Fire." Those who are patient, are truthful, who worship devoutly, who spend in the way of Allah and who prays for forgiveness in the pre-dawn hours.'"

[ali'-Imran, 3: 15-17]

"Allah will admit those who believe and work righteous deeds to gardens beneath which rivers flow, they shall be adorned with bracelets of gold and pearls, and their garments therein will be silk. They have been guided in this life to good speech, and they have been guided to the path of Him, the All Praised."

[Hajj, 22: 23-24]

"Their salutation on the day they meet Him will be 'Peace!; and He has prepared for them a generous reward."

[Ahzab, 33: 44]

This is the just a taster of the Justness of Allah the Most Beneficial, the Most Merciful to His servants.

If you need more info, or dont understand - please do ask. :) & i hope you understand insha Allaah (God willing.)

wa Allaahu a'lam. (and Allaah the Most Beneficial, the Most Merciful knows best.)

*charisma*
01-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Greetings,

The God that created the Bible, Torah and Quran is the same God. Although the Torah and Bible have been corrupted over time, therefore the Quran is the only Holy Book that remains to be the same way, word for word, since it was relevated to the Prophet Muhammed peace and blessings be upon him.

"And to Allah alone belong all perfect attributes. So call Him by these. And leave alone those who deviate from the right way with respect to His Attributes." (7:181).

There are 99 attributes of Allah:

Ar-Rahmaan
The Compassionate, The Beneficient, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter.

Ar-Raheem
The Merciful, The One who has plenty of mercy for the believers.

Al-Malik
The King, The Sovereign Lord, The One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection.

Al-Quddoos
The Holy, The One who is pure from any imperfection and clear from children and adversaries.

As-Salaam
The Source of Peace, The One who is free from every imperfection.

Al-Mu'min
Guardian of Faith, The One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him.

Al-Muhaimin

The Protector, The One who witnesses the saying and deeds of His creatures.

Al-'Azeez

The Mighty, The Strong, The Defeater who is not defeated.

Al-Jabbaar

The Compeller, The One that nothing happens in His Dominion except that which He willed.

Al-Mutakabbir
The Majestic, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them.

Al-Khaaliq

The Creator, The One who brings everything from non-existence to existence.

Al-Bari'
The Evolver, The Maker, The Creator who has the Power to turn the entities.

Al-Musawwir
The Fashioner, The One who forms His creatures in different pictures.

Al-Ghaffaar

The Great Forgiver, The Forgiver, The One who forgives the sins of His slaves time and time again.

Al-Qahhaar
The Subduer, The Dominant, The One who has the perfect Power and is not unable over anything.

Al-Wahhaab

The Bestower, The One who is Generous in giving plenty without any return. He is everything that benefits whether Halal or Haram.

Al-Razzaaq

The Sustainer, The Provider.

Al-Fattaah
The Opener, The Reliever, The Judge, The One who opens for His slaves the closed worldy and religious matters.

Al-'Aleem
The All-knowing, The Knowledgeable; The One nothing is absent from His knowledge.

Al-Qaabid
The Constricter, The Retainer, The Withholder, The One who constricts the sustenance by His wisdomand expands and widens it with His Generosity and Mercy.

Al-Baasit
The Expander, The Englarger, The One who constricts the sustenance by His wisdomand expands and widens it with His Generosity and Mercy.

Al-Khaafid
The Abaser, The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction and raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.

Ar-Raafi'
The Exalter, The Elevator, The One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction and raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.

Al-Mu'iz
The Honorer, He gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him; And He degrades whoever He willed, hence there is no one to give Him esteem.

Al-Muthil
The Dishonorer, The Humiliator, He gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him; And He degrades whoever He willed, hence there is no one to give Him esteem.

As-Samee'
The All-Hearing, The Hearer, The One who Hears all things that are heard by His Eternal Hearing without an ear, instrument or organ.

Al-Baseer
The All-Seeing, The One who Sees all things that are seen by His Eternal Seeing without a pupil or any other instrument.

Al-Hakam
The Judge, He is the Ruler and His judgment is His Word.

Al-'Adl
The Just, The One who is entitled to do what He does.

Al-Lateef

The Subtle One, The Gracious, The One who is kind to His slaves and endows upon them.

Al-Khabeer
The Aware, The One who knows the truth of things.

Al-Haleem
The Forebearing, The Clement, The One who delays the punishment for those who deserve it and then He might forgive them.

Al-'Azeem
The Great One, The Mighty, The One deserving the attributes of Exaltment, Glory, Extolement,and Purity from all imperfection.

Al-Ghafoor
The All-Forgiving, The Forgiving, The One who forgives a lot.

Ash-Shakoor
The Grateful, The Appreciative, The One who gives a lot of reward for a little obedience.

Al-'Aliyy
The Most High, The Sublime, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures.

Al-Kabeer
The Most Great, The Great, The One who is greater than everything in status.

Al-Hafeez
The Preserver, The Protector, The One who protects whatever and whoever He willed to protect.

Al-Muqeet

The Maintainer, The Guardian, The Feeder, The Sustainer, The One who has the Power.

Al-Haseeb
The Reckoner, The One who gives the satisfaction.

Aj-Jaleel
The Sublime One, The Beneficent, The One who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status.

Al-Kareem
The Generous One, The Bountiful, The Gracious, The One who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status.

Ar-Raqeeb

The Watcher, The Watchful, The One that nothing is absent from Him. Hence it's meaning is related to the attribute of Knowledge.

Al-Mujeeb
The Responsive, The Hearkener, The One who answers the one in need if he asks Him and rescues the yearner if he calls upon Him.

Al-Wasi'
The Vast, The All-Embracing, The Knowledgeable.

Al-Hakeem
The Wise, The Judge of Judges, The One who is correct in His doings.

Al-Wadood
The Loving, The One who loves His believing slaves and His believing slaves love Him. His love to His slaves is His Will to be merciful to them and praise them:Hence it's meaning is related to the attributes of the Will and Kalam (His attribute with which He orders and forbids and spoke to Muhammad and Musa -peace be upon them- . It is not a sound nor a language nor a letter.).

Al-Majeed
The Most Glorious One, The Glorious, The One who is with perfect Power, High Status, Compassion, Generosity and Kindness.

Al-Ba'ith
The Reserrector, The Raiser (from death), The One who resurrects His slaves after death for reward and/or punishment.

Ash-Shaheed
The Witness, The One who nothing is absent from Him.

Al-Haqq
The Truth, The True, The One who truly exists.

Al-Wakeel
The Trustee, The One who gives the satisfaction and is relied upon.

Al-Qawiyy
The Most Strong, The Strong, The One with the complete Power.

Al-Mateen
The Firm One, The One with extreme Power which is un-interrupted and He does not get tired.

Al-Waliyy

The Protecting Friend, The Supporter.

Al-Hameed

The Praiseworthy, The praised One who deserves to be praised.

Al-Muhsee
The Counter, The Reckoner, The One who the count of things are known to him.

Al-Mubdi'
The Originator, The One who started the human being. That is, He created him.

Al-Mu'eed
The Reproducer, The One who brings back the creatures after death.

Al-Muhyi
The Restorer, The Giver of Life, The One who took out a living human from semen that does not have a soul. He gives life by giving the souls back to the worn out bodies on the resurrection day and He makes the hearts alive by the light of knowledge.

Al-Mumeet

The Creator of Death, The Destroyer, The One who renders the living dead.

Al-Hayy
The Alive, The One attributed with a life that is unlike our life and is not that of a combination of soul, flesh or blood.

Al-Qayyoom
The Self-Subsisting, The One who remains and does not end.

Al-Waajid
The Perceiver, The Finder, The Rich who is never poor. Al-Wajd is Richness.

Al-Waahid

The Unique, The One, The One without a partner.

Al-Ahad
The One.

As-Samad
The Eternal, The Independent, The Master who is relied upon in matters and reverted to in ones needs.

Al-Qaadir
The Able, The Capable, The One attributed with Power.

Al-Muqtadir
The Powerful, The Dominant, The One with the perfect Power that nothing is withheld from Him.

Al-Muqaddim
The Expediter, The Promoter, The One who puts things in their right places. He makes ahead what He wills and delays what He wills.

Al-Mu'akh-khir
The Delayer, the Retarder, The One who puts things in their right places. He makes ahead what He wills and delays what He wills.

Al-'Awwal
The First, The One whose Existence is without a beginning.

Al-'Akhir
The Last, The One whose Existence is without an end.

Az-Zaahir
The Manifest, The One that nothing is above Him and nothing is underneath Him, hence He exists without a place. He, The Exalted, His Existence is obvious by proofs and He is clear from the delusions of attributes of bodies.

Al-Baatin

The Hidden, The One that nothing is above Him and nothing is underneath Him, hence He exists without a place. He, The Exalted, His Existence is obvious by proofs and He is clear from the delusions of attributes of bodies.

Al-Walee

The Governor, The One who owns things and manages them.

Al-Muta'ali
The Most Exalted, The High Exalted, The One who is clear from the attributes of the creation.

Al-Barr

The Source of All Goodness, The Righteous, The One who is kind to His creatures, who covered them with His sustenance and specified whoever He willed among them by His support, protection, and special mercy.

At-Tawwaab
The Acceptor of Repentance, The Relenting, The One who grants repentance to whoever He willed among His creatures and accepts his repentance.

Al-Muntaqim

The Avenger, The One who victoriously prevails over His enemies and punishes them for their sins. It may mean the One who destroys them.

Al-'Afuww
The Pardoner, The Forgiver, The One with wide forgiveness.

Ar-Ra'uf
The Compassionate, The One with extreme Mercy. The Mercy of Allah is His will to endow upon whoever He willed among His creatures.

Malik Al-Mulk

The Eternal Owner of Sovereignty, The One who controls the Dominion and gives dominion to whoever He willed.

Thul-Jalali wal-Ikram
The Lord of Majesty and Bounty, The One who deserves to be Exalted and not denied.

Al-Muqsit
The Equitable, The One who is Just in His judgment.

Aj-Jaami'
The Gatherer, The One who gathers the creatures on a day that there is no doubt about, that is the Day of Judgment.

Al-Ghaniyy

The Self-Sufficient, The One who does not need the creation.

Al-Mughni
The Enricher, The One who satisfies the necessities of the creatures.

Al-Maani'

The Preventer, The Withholder.

Ad-Daarr
The Distresser, The One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed and benefit to whoever He willed.

An-Nafi'
The Propitious, The One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed and benefit to whoever He willed.

An-Noor
The Light, The One who guides.

Al-Haadi
The Guide, The One whom with His Guidance His belivers were guided, and with His Guidance the living beings have been guided to what is beneficial for them and protected from what is harmful to them.

Al-Badi'
The Incomparable, The One who created the creation and formed it without any preceding example.

Al-Baaqi
The Everlasting, The One that the state of non-existence is impossible for Him.

Al-Waarith

The Supreme Inheritor, The Heir, The One whose Existence remains.

Ar-Rasheed
The Guide to the Right Path, The One who guides.

As-Saboor
The Patient, The One who does not quickly punish the sinners.

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
- Qatada -
01-19-2006, 11:45 PM
I hope you're not bored now, lol and i i'm sorry if there are some odd parts in there because i've just pasted in what has been replied to someone else.

Hey again.

God will allow people to enter paradise if the good deeds outweigh their bad deeds, but these deeds will not be the reason for them entering paradise - but it will only be through Allaah the Most Beneficial's Mercy, that we do enter paradise - because the reward of paradise is too high for a persons deeds to be enough to allow them into paradise.

The reason why I can say this is because:

Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his beloved family) said,

"A place in Paradise as small as the bow or lash of one of you is better than all the world and whatever is in it" (Sahih Bukhari 4:51, Narrated Abu Huraira)

Hence - even if we had all the wealth in this world, and we gave it all to charity - it still wouldn't be enough to pay the price for paradise, & because Allah Almighty has seen the person strive & struggle in this life to do good deeds, insha Allaah (God willing) - that person will enter paradise through Allaah Almighty, the Most Beneficial's Mercy.

------

Referring to your second point - Allaah Almighty has set some rules for mankind to abide by. Like you know - these rules are there to keep society just, without any sort of vice, corruption etc. Allaah Almighty doesn't just make laws to force them upon people - but it is a matter of who will listen and obey them, and who will turn away and transgress by breaking them laws.

This has been happening since the beginning of time, since Adam (peace be upon him) the first human to ever walk on the earth, and it will always keep happening - people will keep turning away from God's commands.

Woe to man! What hath made him reject Allah; Of what thing did He create him?

From a sperm-drop: He hath created him, and then mouldeth him in due proportions; Then (as for) the way-- He has made it easy (for him)Then He causes him to die, then assigns to him a grave,

(80:17 - 21)

God has been sending prophets & messengers, some with holy scriptures and some reminding people of God , to remind the people of a terrible day, when they will be judged on all their actions within this life,

Man shall on that day be informed of what he sent before and (what he) put off. (75:13)

Nay! man is evidence against himself, (75:14)

so Allaah Almighty will never treat anyone unjustly, but the person will be accountable for their own acts within this life.

This leads upto the part where we were discussing about peoples intentions and their acts;

Lets refer to this hadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him and his beloved family.)

="Actions are but by intentions and every man will have only what he intended. So whoever emigrated for Allah and His Messenger, then his emigration was for Allah and His Messenger. And whoever emigrated to attain something of this world or to marry a woman, then his emigration was for whatever reason he emigrated."

[Sahîh al-Bukhârî and Sahîh Muslim]

So referring to this hadith - which is a perfect example of peoples intentions and their acts, it makes one realise that if a person is doing an act, your intention is what influences that act.

obviously Allaah the All Knowing knows us more than we know ourselves, because Allaah Almighty created us - so Allaah knows our intention before we do any act.

Therefore we will be judged first and foremost on our intention, (now refer to this hadith)

Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it [by saying that] he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed.

Hadith Qudsi 16

so from the hadith above - we can say this:

intention of a good deed = 1 good deed recorded.

intention + act of doing good = 10 to 700 (or many times over) good deeds recorded.

intention to do bad, but doesn't do it = 1 good deed.

intention to do bad, and does it = 1 bad deed.

So even if a person was going to do something good, with a good intention - but something bad came out of it - they will still get rewarded with a good deed for it because their intention was to do a good act.

But in islam - we know that Allaah Almighty is watching over us no matter what we do - so we have to be aware that we do keep our intentions good, because on the day of judgement - we will be questioned, and shown everything we did in this life, and them deeds will also be a partial proof for us entering paradise or not.

------

The third part was explained in the previous post, but i may have not been that clear.

Like you know - if we commit crimes, we will be punished for it whether in this life or the afterlife, but this doesn't mean that we shouldn't show God that we are sorry for our crime. Allaah is the Most Merciful and like i've said above - He knows our intention, therefore if we are asking for forgiveness sincerely with a strong intention of not doing that crime or sin again - then God is prepared to forgive us, because its a mistake that we shall learn from, something that we'll try our best to learn from so we dont do it again.

But like i've mentioned before, we will keep commiting sins in this life, some on purpose, and some by mistake.

..And there is no sin for you in the mistakes that ye make unintentionally, but what your hearts purpose (that will be a sin for you), and Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful. (33:05)

Their are 99 names in the qur'an of Allaah Almighty, each describing a special attribute to Allaah Almighty.. there are also 114 chapters within the qur'an, and at the beginning of 113 chapters, we recite (english translation of):

"In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Compassionate".

And the names Ghafooru Raheem (Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful) are mentioned so much times in the qur'an, which shows the eternal Mercy of Allaah Almighty.

There is a reason why them names are mentioned so much, and the reason is because Allaah is showing endless Mercy towards the people, so the people dont have a excuse to turn away from God, they wont feel afraid that they have too much sins - because they have proof that their God will forgive them if they sincerely dont want to do

that sin again, and will have a fresh new start of doing good from then on.

This is why if any human has come to islam - all their previous sins are forgiven and even turned to good deeds! because Allaah Almighty knows that the person is prepared to give up their bad acts, and due to this sacrifice - Allaah Almighty will reward the believers with paradise, because they sacrificed their desires (eg. gave their riches to the poor, worked hard to enjoin the truth and forbade the evil etc.) for a more better reward for what they did.

[As for those who believe (in the Oneness of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism) and do righteous good deeds, for them are Gardens (Paradise) as an entertainment, for what they used to do.(32:19)

This is when the situation of doing good, forbidding the evil, and enduring in patience comes in.

Allaah Almighty swears by time:

I swear by the time,

Verily Man is in loss,

Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and enjoin on each other patience.

(103: 1 - 3)

This is such a small chapter within the qur'an but it gives a really detailed idea of what we have to do in our life, and if we dont do it - we're wasting our chance, wasting our lives when we could be doing good deeds to get a position in paradise.

Allaah Almighty is swearing by time, that we wont be successful unless we first and foremost - believe (in Allaah as the only true deity worthy of worship,

And enjoin on people the truth, this can include the truth about faith, and any other form of truth too, forbidding the evil etc. (and Allaah Almighty knows best.)

We should do good acts, which have been prescribed for us, eg. helping the needy, performing prayer, fasting, etc.

And enjoin on each other patience;

this can be in any situation, and patience plays a big role - like you noticed how;

- Jesus (peace be upon him and his beloved family) had to be so patient against the jews when they went against him.

- When pharoah was a oppressor to the children of israel and Moses (peace be upon him and his beloved family) had to stay patient for 40yrs before pharoah got destroyed.

- When the people of arabia attacked our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him and his beloved family.) and they tried to kill him, imprison him, etc. but after 23yrs of patience, nine of the countries in the arabian peninsula came to islam.

This happened to all the prophets, and like i've mentioned before in my earlier post, the believers will keep getting tested, the more a person gets tested in this life - the more Allaah Almighty loves that person - because that is a just way of rewarding the believers. This is the reason why Allaah Almighty has given the most toughest of lives to the prophets.

And thus did We make for every prophet an enemy, the Shaitans (satans) from among men and jinn, some of them suggesting to others varnished falsehood to deceive (them), and had your Lord pleased they would not have done it, therefore leave them and that which they forge. (6:112)

I hope you understand what i mean, if not - then please ask again. :)

F.Y.
01-20-2006, 07:10 AM
Hello!
Muslims use the word Allah for God, because it is genderless and cannot be pluralised. As you probably know, Islam is a monotheistic religion (you cannot have 'Allahs', unlike the word God, where you can have gods/goddess/godchild/godmother etc etc. So you could say that the attributes of God include being neither male nor female and having no partner - he is unique. When reading Biblical scriptures it seems apparent that they have characterised God as male. But these scriptures, unfortunately, have been 'messed around' with, which may be a reason for so many misunderstandings they may have about the attributes of Almighty God.

I sincerely hope that helps. Thanks for asking and coming on this site. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.